Account sharing allowed?

• Account sharing allowed?

Hello,
      I wanted to know better the situation about account sharing.
      I've read the TOS and I cannot understand it properly, here where my confusion lies :

-11.9 The User agrees that he will under no circumstances login into the User Account of any other User.
      Ok So No one is allowed to use another user account, so Account-sharing is not allowed by TOS.
      But Then I read these 2 parts :

-11.6 The Users are reminded to treat all access data and all data provided by us for the purpose of accessing the Game and Services (login, passwords which should be changed regularly etc.) in a strictly confidential manner and not to disclose them to any third party or allow any third party to use their User Account unless Sandbox Interactive has approved the transfer of the account in writing.

-11.10 The User is not entitled to transfer or sell his User Account to a third party or let a third party use their User Account without the prior written consent of Sandbox Interactive. Any transfer consent of Sandbox Interactive does not entitle to transfer an account for a fee or other consideration, unless this has been expressly permitted in such consent. Users do neither have the right to transfer the User Account to another person nor let another person use their User Account without the prior consent of Sandbox Interactive.

And then I dont get these 2 points ( 11.6 and 11.10); so my question is... Am I allowed to do account sharing if SBI allows it? Or there are no exception? I want a clear answer to this question so I know if I can proceed in what I have in mind or not.
      About me, I came from a guild who do a lot of pvp/ganking and A lot of times I argueì with my friends about splitting the loot ( I Dont trust the averege market value and checking the price on market manualy is too much time consuming) so I got the idea to create another account, give credentials of this account to my friends so they can use this as well (everyone split a loot at day and sell it ) and use this account for selling loot. After 2-3 days all the silver in the account is split evenly for me and my friends.
      So at this point I want to know if we can do this or the TOS forbids any stuff like this.
      Meanwhile I wait for an answer, I wish you all a good albion session!
    • Its pretty straight forward ... you quoted it yourself in 11.9 ... account sharing is not allowed.,,,,,,

Azaziel1997 wrote:

-11.9 The User agrees that he will under no circumstances login into the User Account of any other User.

As for 11.6, and 11.1O, they both reiterate the fact that account sharing is not allowed, and also state that selling/transferring your account is not allowed.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Azaziel1997 wrote:

so I got the idea to create another account, give credentials of this account to my friends so they can use this as well (everyone split a loot at day and sell it ) and use this account for selling loot. After 2-3 days all the silver in the account is split evenly for me and my friends.
      So at this point I want to know if we can do this or the TOS forbids any stuff like this.
      Of course you cant do it ... see my reply above
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • technically account sharing is allowed. you just need to have support approve it first hand. I think this is the important part of the TOS since technically this could mean that people sharing the accounts to show the media on AOTV could get banned since they have to share accounts for work reasons to be able to provide appropriate video feed for the stream.

Azaziel1997 wrote:

-11.6 The Users are reminded to treat all access data and all data provided by us for the purpose of accessing the Game and Services (login, passwords which should be changed regularly etc.) in a strictly confidential manner and not to disclose them to any third party or allow any third party to use their User Account unless Sandbox Interactive has approved the transfer of the account in writing.
    • Midgard wrote:

Its pretty straight forward ... you quoted it yourself in 11.9 ... account sharing is not allowed.,,,,,,

Azaziel1997 wrote:

As for 11.6, and 11.1O, they both reiterate the fact that account sharing is not allowed, and also state that selling/transferring your account is not allowed.
      this doesnt make sense to me, why reiterete that account sharing is not allowed while these 2 parts talks about "permissions"?
      I dont see the point above here..until Deathskillzs's comment.

Deathskills wrote:

technically account sharing is allowed. you just need to have support approve it first hand. I think this is the important part of the TOS since technically this could mean that people sharing the accounts to show the media on AOTV could get banned since they have to share accounts for work reasons to be able to provide appropriate video feed for the stream.

Azaziel1997 wrote:

So in a nutshell only albionTv is allowed as account shared or atleast account used by SBI are allowed to be shared?
    • Azaziel1997 wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Its pretty straight forward ... you quoted it yourself in 11.9 ... account sharing is not allowed.,,,,,,

Azaziel1997 wrote:

this doesnt make sense to me, why reiterete that account sharing is not allowed while these 2 parts talks about "permissions"? I dont see the point above here..until Deathskillzs's comment.

Deathskills wrote:

technically account sharing is allowed. you just need to have support approve it first hand. I think this is the important part of the TOS since technically this could mean that people sharing the accounts to show the media on AOTV could get banned since they have to share accounts for work reasons to be able to provide appropriate video feed for the stream.

Azaziel1997 wrote:

So in a nutshell only albionTv is allowed as account shared or atleast account used by SBI are allowed to be shared?
      it's literally the exception in the rule. account sharing is not authorized except if provided an exception by SBI. so you can ask to do so but nothing guarantees you'll get the authorization for it and if you don't you should not share your account with anyone.

I used AOTV since i know they are a perfect example of an obvious exception that would need this type of approval since it actually would be "dumb" to not have that present for them to provide the content they do.

Edit since this was posted before i could see @Robinhoodrs reply.

so comment might fully be invalid even tho i was under the impression that when new members were being added it could take some time for them to have the camera accounts and did genuinely thought those were shared (which again would kinda make sense to me at the end of the day).

Glad that you clarified on that!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Deathskills ().

• Azaziel1997 wrote:

Oh I see now.. well then my question remain:
      -Is account sharing allowed or there are exceptions? and If there are exceptions, which ones are these?
      I am not asking anything that big, it's TOS afterall but the same TOS is not easy to understand.
      @Elsa @Amoebius76 @Eltharyon @Korn @Dagother @Evas_Flarelight @Talion Sorry to ping you but can I ask a proper answer from SBI's Team?

There are no exceptions to this rule. Account Sharing is not allowed as mentioned in Albion Online's Terms and Conditions.

Terms and Conditions wrote:

11.9 The User agrees that he will under no circumstances login into the User Account of any other User.

~Evas_Flarelight
    • Evas_Flarelight wrote:

Azaziel1997 wrote:

Oh I see now.. well then my question remain:
      -Is account sharing allowed or there are exceptions? and If there are exceptions, which ones are these?
      I am not asking anything that big, it's TOS afterall but the same TOS is not easy to understand.
      @Elsa @Amoebius76 @Eltharyon @Korn @Dagother @Evas_Flarelight @Talion Sorry to ping you but can I ask a proper answer from SBI's Team?
      There are no exceptions to this rule. Account Sharing is not allowed as mentioned in Albion Online's Terms and Conditions.

11.9 The User agrees that he will under no circumstances login into the User Account of any other User.
      ~Evas_Flarelight
      Okay then can I get a better explanation about 11.10 and 11.6?
      Albion online's terms and conditions have these 2 paragraphs as well and these states something about SBI written consensus for letting another user to use another user's account.
    • Regarding these two sections:

11.6 The Users are reminded to treat all access data and all data provided by us for the purpose of accessing the Game and Services (login, passwords which should be changed regularly etc.) in a strictly confidential manner and not to disclose them to any third party or allow any third party to use their User Account unless Sandbox Interactive has approved the transfer of the account in writing.

11.10 The User is not entitled to transfer or sell his User Account to a third party or let a third party use their User Account without the prior written consent of Sandbox Interactive. Any transfer consent of Sandbox Interactive does not entitle to transfer an account for a fee or other consideration, unless this has been expressly permitted in such consent. Users do neither have the right to transfer the User Account to another person nor let another person use their User Account without the prior consent of Sandbox Interactive.

Disclosure: I'm not a lawyer so this is not a legal interpretation, but I would imagine that these clauses are there to cover potential scenarios. It does not mean that SBI gives any consent to cases like this.

~Evas_Flarelight