Healers' Rights: Killing a Class

• Healers' Rights: Killing a Class

Does anyone else feel that the last healers nerf (both sacred and natural) was evil?They were nerfed supposedly because they healed and did a lot of damage by other means (basic attacks, potions, armor abilities, etc), but guess what? They are the only means that they have to do something, and to go around healing means that at some point you will stay still, does that seem unbalanced to the Albion development team?What about players who play ranged spears and deal 300 damage with just a ranged basic, they do almost 10 times more damage than the average archer's base, wtf.They took away the survival of the healers in my opinion, while many constructions allow you to play a class and a half and being a healer it cannot be done, and this affected more the healers who use holy staff.Albion is already violating his own doctrine of write your own class, so sorry, what if I want to go to hell with my healing build that is my favorite, since it was difficult to fight at the point of basic attacks and poisons and heal myself before That they paralyze me, apply a stun or simply lower my life in the blink of an eye is now impossible.
    • Sadly, healers are dead in anything that's not group content and Nature Staffs got it worse, they're dead in anything that's not ZvZ. Albion is the only game that shoves druids into one healing instead of being a mix.

You're better off playing anything else and just heal when you're in a group. Good luck leveling your weapons now.
    • I don't mind damage being nerfed from all-sustain (q,w,e as healing abilities) builds that you would use as a group healer. However, the way it's currently implemented unfortunately makes offensive builds (using smite on holy staff) much harder to play than what they were before, which was not the intention of the update.
    • Sindrias wrote:

I don't mind damage being nerfed from all-sustain (q,w,e as healing abilities) builds that you would use as a group healer. However, the way it's currently implemented unfortunately makes offensive builds (using smite on holy staff) much harder to play than what they were before, which was not the intention of the update.
      I doubt it was not the intention. There was a ton of feedback as soon as it was announced when several experienced players warned that it will destroy the smite / thorns..

So unintentional doesn't count

If it was an accident it would have been hot fixed long ago
    • Yea the way it was done is not great. I know its extra programming time for something not currently in game, but IMO the best solution is to simply lock healing staff q abilities from being used in certain content. Corrupted is the most obvious, but as someone that really enjoys arena but doesnt wanna wait in que for 20 mins, it would be nice if arenas could start with no "true" healers when like 40 dps are qued and 0-1 healers. If q heal could be locked, then arena games could start up with 5 dps on each team without worry that someone will just swap to heal for easy win.
    • the question is where do they get their feedback from, is it a group of people who advise them occasionally or is it taking input from the forum, who are the people responsible for playtest and feedback...
      this is not the first time these people have made and advised changes that when implemented turn out to be a complete failure, the question is do the people making these changes even play the game?
    • Quagga wrote:

the question is where do they get their feedback from, is it a group of people who advise them occasionally or is it taking input from the forum, who are the people responsible for playtest and feedback...
      this is not the first time these people have made and advised changes that when implemented turn out to be a complete failure, the question is do the people making these changes even play the game?
      look they currently ask for new play testers...

Unfortunately me e.g. wouldn't apply for it - 3 reasons

1) the NDA signature. It is about testing changes that are posted openly in the forum. I would never sign an NDA for something that is public .. especially as NDA can have a lot of issues on you if turned against you

2) providing real name and personal details for something you not get paid.. why? Why does someone need my personal real life data just that I comment on e.g. royal boots is OP.

3) fixed play times - i don't get paid, that's why I test if it suits me..

That's why I would never apply on the test let request.
    • cheemsburger wrote:

Sadly, healers are dead in anything that's not group content and Nature Staffs got it worse, they're dead in anything that's not ZvZ. Albion is the only game that shoves druids into one healing instead of being a mix.

You're better off playing anything else and just heal when you're in a group. Good luck leveling your weapons now.
      as it should have always been
    • Guirssane wrote:

cheemsburger wrote:

Sadly, healers are dead in anything that's not group content and Nature Staffs got it worse, they're dead in anything that's not ZvZ. Albion is the only game that shoves druids into one healing instead of being a mix.

add arcane on that, too

This is also as it should have always been?
    • Quagga wrote:

the question is where do they get their feedback from, is it a group of people who advise them occasionally or is it taking input from the forum, who are the people responsible for playtest and feedback...
      I bet not
    • Trial_hard wrote:

Guirssane wrote:

cheemsburger wrote:

add arcane on that, too
      This is also as it should have always been?
      For him, because as surely he plays he has made himself invisible 3 times, or remote thrower with his basic 300 per hit does not hurt, but when he is nerfed one day the man will be crying
    • XJosh wrote:

Healers are stupidly op. Even more so when combined with OP cleric cowl. Look at any meta 2v2 hellgate and you'll see a healer. It's retarded.
      But if he is with someone, what about the solo game? a healer should have a mere chance, and with these changes they have thrown it is almost impossible, if all your damage is reduced by 50% to the poison potion.
      Not to say that to have 50% damage, for example: the holy one is not enough to just have the first Q active, it must be cast every 3 seconds, and while the healer is still casting they erase it.
    • Guirssane wrote:

cheemsburger wrote:

Add arcane staffs and every support weapon there, add merc and hellion jacket then and never use any of those. I've said it before but there are countless ways to deal with healers in solo play.
    • XJosh wrote:

cheemsburger wrote:

XJosh wrote:

Healers shouldn't exist in solo play, that's just stupid.
      literally no other game agrees with you, this is just a massive cope.
      Literally no other game lets healers be viable for solo content, get your head out of your ass
      Yes they do, what are you on?
      But you know what, youre right. We should take ALL healing out of Albion as well as all sustain and support items :)
    • cheemsburger wrote:

XJosh wrote:

cheemsburger wrote:

XJosh wrote:

Healers shouldn't exist in solo play, that's just stupid.
      literally no other game agrees with you, this is just a massive cope.
      Literally no other game lets healers be viable for solo content, get your head out of your ass
      Yes they do, what are you on?But you know what, youre right. We should take ALL healing out of Albion as well as all sustain and support items :)
      Like how you can't name a single one