Healers' Rights: Killing a Class

• XJosh wrote:

cheemsburger wrote:

XJosh wrote:

cheemsburger wrote:

XJosh wrote:

Healers shouldn't exist in solo play, that's just stupid.
      literally no other game agrees with you, this is just a massive cope.
      Literally no other game lets healers be viable for solo content, get your head out of your ass
      Yes they do, what are you on?But you know what, youre right. We should take ALL healing out of Albion as well as all sustain and support items :)
      Like how you can't name a single one
      I mean it just a dumb preposition, because healers and hybrids in MMO actually are some of the most OP clases, even in the holly trinity model .

Just look at the top 3 MMO and you will see a Hybrid /healer in there .
    • XJosh wrote:

cheemsburger wrote:

XJosh wrote:

Literally no other game lets healers be viable for solo content, get your head out of your ass
      There are RPG games where healers can deal with the world alone and defend themselves against attacks from other players, for example we have: World of Warcraft, the now dead GodsWars, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Shaiya, etc ...
      Being a neophyte is very different.
    • XJosh wrote:

cheemsburger wrote:

XJosh wrote:

cheemsburger wrote:

XJosh wrote:

Yes they do, what are you on?But you know what, youre right. We should take ALL healing out of Albion as well as all sustain and support items :)
      Like how you can't name a single one
      I already named you several in my previous answer, so that you educate yourself and do not come to say stupid things about what is obviously a child who only knows how to play hitting hard and without strategy.
      Healers in Albion deserve a little more individualism, and retain what was once their scant damage to at least defend themselves alone.
    • IMO healers have gradually become the most bland part of albion. They take a step forward and then 5 steps back by the weapon having an identity and then the dev team removing or butchering something that was unique. 1h nature and great nature? They slaughtered thorns. Blight staff and Hallowfall, looked like great offensive weapons for dive comps or maintaining offensive pressure in a small scale fight changing the meta a bit....nope, completely gutted. Not to say that it wasn't there for some time but it's now gone. Redemption staff, Fallen staff(a ZvZ weapon I know), 1h Holy(which has its use cases) all relegated to mediocrity because druidic staff and great holy have a great burst heal among a few other combat aspects. Long winded I know but it seems Stillfront group wanting to make this MMO more inclined to solo game play (CD balance anyone*cough*) it's taken a lot of the creativity that would have been SO GOOD with all the new changes to the open world, small to mid scale PvP POI's that groups would be using. Instead we have sticks that heal, most no different then the others.
    • Fuhcew2 wrote:

IMO healers have gradually become the most bland part of albion. They take a step forward and then 5 steps back by the weapon having an identity and then the dev team removing or butchering something that was unique. 1h nature and great nature? They slaughtered thorns. Blight staff and Hallowfall, looked like great offensive weapons for dive comps or maintaining offensive pressure in a small scale fight changing the meta a bit....nope, completely gutted. Not to say that it wasn't there for some time but it's now gone. Redemption staff, Fallen staff(a ZvZ weapon I know), 1h Holy(which has its use cases) all relegated to mediocrity because druidic staff and great holy have a great burst heal among a few other combat aspects. Long winded I know but it seems Stillfront group wanting to make this MMO more inclined to solo game play (CD balance anyone*cough*) it's taken a lot of the creativity that would have been SO GOOD with all the new changes to the open world, small to mid scale PvP POI's that groups would be using. Instead we have sticks that heal, most no different then the others.
      the funny thing my friend...

Nature or holy was just killing nobody. Zero mobility except Hallow & blight.

The old balance that worked very well was destroyed with introduction of mobility on heal classes.

Big mistake...

Then the shit hit the fan. The old balance that was, heal is hard to kill but unless you retarded heal cannot kill you was broken

It was similar to mega alliance..instead break alliance...aka remove mobility from hallow & blight ..a ton of wheelchair was added...the result is the completely destroyed pve accident for nature .. unplayable..

But that happens if the old ground rules of this game - no mobility on heal get touched..
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Things are way better now. Healers are still playable even with full heal, they just deal less damage or heal less depending on choice.
      They also deal less damage than before even if I pick damage. 50% damage reduction as a passive weapon stat is the stupidest bandaid I have ever witnessed. Can't throw poisons before hitting 5 thorns or 1 smite, can't use preparation-type spells like poison on mage cowl before hitting the 50% gutted bonus on the damaging Q. And all that besides the fact that first 5 thorns and 1st smite deal 50% damage less on your engage, the damage buff which you gain also expires swiftly if you are being kited or outranged.

The main goal was to prevent healing Q's to be used in CRD's in conjunction with damaging gear and potions, right?
      Then why instead of nerfing that exact combination of Q-healing and specific damaging sources (you could tie the 50% damage reduction to healing Q's, as an example), the already mediocre damaging Q's were gutted even further?
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Guys... Lets keep it simple.

Healers are supports. Supports make other people stronger.

How in hell was a support stronger than a dps by itself?

Things are way better now. Healers are still playable even with full heal, they just deal less damage or heal less depending on choice.
      But still, if I want to go through the world as with my sacred staff, how do I defend myself if my first damage with the first! It is decreased by 50%, it is true what the friend above says, it is stupid, since a healer does not have any individualism before he could defend himself if they ganked him now it is just a role waiting to die in 1v1 confrontations, the problem is not is that he is cured is that they reduced in a stupid way the already little damage that they had, and it is not at all good or better than before.
    • ShawarmaExpress wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

But still, if I want to go through the world as with my sacred staff, how do I defend myself if my first damage with the first! It is decreased by 50%, it is true what the friend above says, it is stupid, since a healer does not have any individualism before he could defend himself if they ganked him now it is just a role waiting to die in 1v1 confrontations, the problem is not is that he is cured is that they reduced in a stupid way the already little damage that they had, and it is not at all good or better than before.
      it is simple - you still have the choice. Either go as healer solo and die chance less if ganked - or - play the game as intended and never go allone we healer. But it is not that someone tells you what to do, it is a sandbox, but you have all freedom of joices....
    • Trial_hard wrote:

ShawarmaExpress wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

it is simple - you still have the choice. Either go as healer solo and die chance less if ganked - or - play the game as intended and never go allone we healer. But it is not that someone tells you what to do, it is a sandbox, but you have all freedom of joices....
      But in the same way I can't use even a poison to the maximum because it is also reduced, and if with the last SandBox update it almost said "you know what? Fuck the healer I don't want to do anything alone anymore"
    • BraveArt wrote:

Best thing they ever did for game balance and common sense. Shame retro made good changes after I quit.
      Maybe you are another fool that does not exceed 20 IQ that did not know how to kill a poor healer before the patch, the game would be more balanced if they nerfed then the massive damage that there is in the DPS because they are really insane, of course a little guy like you would not understand , you only understand from pum pum and pam pam.
    • Let me See ...
      Healers before rise of avalon patch
      No healing sickness from spamming Q
      heals to 100% under 5 secs with aggressive caster build
      Open world immune to physical damage with cultist robe (pre nerf)

Healers after rise of avalon patch
      Early days
      Mobility on a healer staff. Hallow fall. low cooldown, decent heal, iframe, mobility, resist, knock up CC
      Q healing very strong with no healing cast reduction

After some hallow fall nerfs and buffs to nature
      Still top tier in group fights fights and in corrupted dungeons
      but a new challenger approaches
      great holy rework and blight staff buff.
      Now healers have knock back / movespeed while healing

Nerfs to hopefully delete healers from 1v1
      10% then 20% healing cast reduction
      healing sickness rework
      and finnaly damage reduction

conclusion:
      healing has been strong for a very long time and is still strong for "healing" but for healer class to out dps a actual dps in a fight with a PURE HEAL BUILD is kina stupid
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode

The post was edited 2 times, last by The_Support_God ().

• The_Support_God wrote:

Mobility on a healer staff.
      That is the key.
      When healer was not mobile it was ok... but then they become kiting shit with very high sustain in 1v1 meta. And give huge bonus in 5v5 meta - hallowfall was the only healing staff some time ago.
      If you look on changes they mostly balance mobility problem. It was underestimated. But now it seems Retro begin to understand smth about it.
    • I have played a healer in so many MMOs its embarassing. Albion's iteration of healers when I started playing on sep. 3rd 2021, was absolutely insane in a 1v1. EVEN WITH HEALING SICKNESS, I was mindlessly just healing, mage cowling, kiting, and repeating. Hallowfall and blight, were insane. If you werent above 500k infamy I can guarantee you didnt meet the really good hallow and blight players either, so basing your conclusion off of data gathered at 0-500k infamy in stalker will be null in terms of true gameplay potential.
      When I first started I played 15 days of broadsword BH counter build in stalker CD. Reached 975k infamy with this build until i ran into bows of badons and hallow/blight/tombhammer bitch boy run and gun meta. The build was -> guardian boots and helm, hellion jacket, broadsword and tap, beef sand, hp pot, thetford cape. This build easily donks BH with iron will on W. However, gets endlessly kited and widdled away by the hallowfall and decent ranged players. With the ranged players, I at least had a chance, perhaps catch them, or they hit a trap (which i think shouldnt exist at all in a 1v1). However healers, with mobility, and cc, and heals, AND DAMAGE from things like mage cowl.....nah there was no way I could catch them and CC lock them in time to kill them- around all the mobs and traps.
      SEE HERE, healers werent really broken, i COULD kill them if they let me sit there and wail on them. but they do not do that, they have insane mobility, uninterruptible ultimates that heal and give move speed, 12m knockup gap closers. You cannot give the elements of Hard-cc tank engage to a healer and expect to keep all your other little bells and whistles too. The true and amazingly poorly hidden problem that nobody seems to understand is the insane power of the FREE DPS THAT EXISTS AS THE MOBS. Why is 1h mace iterated 10 times in the top 50 builds? probably more honestly. SImple- cause knocking people into the mobs WHILE THEY ARE SOMEHOW MYSTERIOUSLY SIMULTANEOUSLY ROOTED AND STUNNED BY YOUR MACE ABILITY is possible.
      The problem isnt healers, its the inherent shitty design to CD, allowing for RNG AI elements to affect the outcome to a large degree. O and ofc designing a multiplayer game around a 1v1 instanced content. Kinda silly. Like many have said- corrupted dungeon relative debuff for 1v1 balance is necessary.
    • XJosh wrote:

Healers are stupidly op. Even more so when combined with OP cleric cowl. Look at any meta 2v2 hellgate and you'll see a healer. It's retarded.
      idk how many gates you have under your belt but as a healer who has been healing in this game since Alpha 1 i dont really care for dmg as a healer the shit happening in CDS needs to stop as for 2v2 xD OP? have you seen great hammer with zzz and cloth gatherers helm? ever fought a godmoore? or 1h curse that knows how to fake pump his E idk man healers are getting the short stick whilst already being bad with 10-20% cast reduction along with Avg Ip per heals is kinda lack luster if healing is OP then where cuzz im not fuckin feeling it. maybe back at launch when we could solo group dungeons but no man this class is GUTTTED just like blk hands to gloves MAJORITY OF THE TIME ITS NOT THE healing thats OP its the effects of Not being healed in a 2v2 meta such as CC, Kidnap, and that healer knowing his positon to allow kill pressure, iv seen more duo DPS these last two years due to said healer nerfs

The post was edited 1 time, last by vrragen ().