We as players do not appreciate hidden changes

• We as players do not appreciate hidden changes

On the official patch notes announcement there was no mention of undead cape being nerfed/changed. However, Currently undead cape doesn't work the way it used to work before the latest patch. For example: Now if undead cape pops and you change zone straight away, the invis breaks. But before the latest patch it wasn't the case.
      I'd like to know if it was intended or somehow been changed to this way without the team's knowledge, and whether it will be reverted back to its old state?.
      Thank you

@Retroman

The post was edited 1 time, last by fuckinhellman ().

• Kanra.zip wrote:

This was mostly likely to counteract scout skipping with undead cape, also probably considered a "bug fix" so not a priority to put it in the notes.
      It cannot be a bug fix as this is the way all invisibility spells used to work(you can still zone through with invis jacket on for example) so bug-fix option is out the window.

It seems like a direct nerf to undead cape but either way it should've been mentioned in the notes as a small note to the players.

I am hoping to get an answer from one of the officers because the support team sent me here.
    • Did you report it as a bug, or did you go right for telling everyone how sad you are?
      there s no piddle in the game. are you banned? are you a developer, an ex moderator or what? i asked the same before in another thread. what is your problem? afraid to reply.
    • Piddle wrote:

Did you report it as a bug, or did you go right for telling everyone how sad you are?
      My initial enquiry on ticket system was whether it's a bug or has been changed in this way specifically and this is the answer i got, so i am expecting a member of the designing team to answer.

Plus i feel like whether small or big we deserve to know every intended changes in the game as we are playing it and it affects us directly.

Mrpotato wrote:

stop bumping a post every 10 hours
      If you check the time gap between, you see its every 20 hrs or so lol but thx for bumping it

The post was edited 1 time, last by fuckinhellman ().

• Hey, this was an intended change It was also suppossed to appear on the changelog. But you are right, it was apperently not listed.

The reason for this change was to bring the invisibility of these capes more in line with the Invisibility Potion. This is a reaction of eports from players we got, who reported that players use the Undead Cape in ccordinated group ambushes, which allow for little counter play.

Since you seem really invested in this change: Could you elaborate a bit in what situations you used this and why you seem to be so unhappy about this change ?

Cheers,
      Retro
    • Retroman wrote:

Hey, this was an intended change It was also suppossed to appear on the changelog. But you are right, it was apperently not listed.

The reason for this change was to bring the invisibility of these capes more in line with the Invisibility Potion. This is a reaction of eports from players we got, who reported that players use the Undead Cape in ccordinated group ambushes, which allow for little counter play.

Since you seem really invested in this change: Could you elaborate a bit in what situations you used this and why you seem to be so unhappy about this change ?

Cheers,
      Retro
      Hi Retro, I really appreciate you taking your time to answer and also being interested to learn why i am upset about this change.

I am really frustrated about this change because i dive group dungeons as a solo player and i believe I was pretty successful in this.

As a proof, last season on Murderledger i was in 46th place as a solo player that never plays corrupteds.

The only way for me to get past FFer's scout was to use undead cape but now it is completely gone. Whichever change has been made in the last 2 years has only damaged solo diver's content.

Thanks.