Top 1000 Slayer - what is the most used weapon?

• Top 1000 Slayer - what is the most used weapon?

90 % if u do the math royal boots..

Why - why does it take so long??

It is the obvious of the obvious of the obvious..

Engage - no skill swap
      Must - mobs don't hit - no slow
      PvP must - no root
      Fight - Resi buff
      Disengage + chase - by far the fastest most distance covered

How can this happen to go life by accident??

How can a balance team cover something like this with .."well shit happens"..

I don't get it..
    • well i am guessing there was not enough play testing for this

i sometimes go onto the the test realm to test stuff before release.
      but due to the low population in the test realm there are somethings that just cannot be judged until its released to the public

the pre buff royal boots was weak because it did not cover enough distance as traditional boots making it somewhat weak in comparison for open world uses

but after many usability buff such as cannot be rooted and the +3 move speed per stack it over took traditional boots as the choice for engaging and even disengaging if the other side does not have cc to stop them

• Royal March (Royal Boots)
        • Is now immune to slow and root during the channel
        • Movement Speed per Stack: 6% -> 9%

this combined with the anti reset changes made to the corruption dungeons made the same patch made it very strong

I can only say that when the next large patch notes comes out i will test skills more often so that things like this wont happen
      and i hope you would also hop on to the test realm to test it too @Trial_hard

By the way i tested the changes to the lifecurse when it was released to the live servers and i can say its very balanced
      many people complain that it was ruined for PvE with its longer cooldown, less damage reduction and channeling

but an aoe purge on demand which clears even Healing over time and makes players deal less damage even after getting out of the zone is very strong
      lets not forget the fact it deals a respectable 1k+ damage and is a 1h weapon

and this is compared to the time where it used to deal 1300+ damage has a lower cooldown and reduce up to 50% damage
      BUT a very big but you could not reliably hit targets with it. that time it was only able to target your self and ally players
      and this made the so called 1300+ damage not as effective as it should be
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • The_Support_God wrote:

well i am guessing there was not enough play testing for this

i sometimes go onto the the test realm to test stuff before release.
      but due to the low population in the test realm there are somethings that just cannot be judged until its released to the public

the pre buff royal boots was weak because it did not cover enough distance as traditional boots making it somewhat weak in comparison for open world uses

but after many usability buff such as cannot be rooted and the +3 move speed per stack it over took traditional boots as the choice for engaging and even disengaging if the other side does not have cc to stop them

• Royal March (Royal Boots)
        • Is now immune to slow and root during the channel
        • Movement Speed per Stack: 6% -> 9%

this combined with the anti reset changes made to the corruption dungeons made the same patch made it very strong

I can only say that when the next large patch notes comes out i will test skills more often so that things like this wont happen
      and i hope you would also hop on to the test realm to test it too @Trial_hard

By the way i tested the changes to the lifecurse when it was released to the live servers and i can say its very balanced
      many people complain that it was ruined for PvE with its longer cooldown, less damage reduction and channeling

but an aoe purge on demand which clears even Healing over time and makes players deal less damage even after getting out of the zone is very strong
      lets not forget the fact it deals a respectable 1k+ damage and is a 1h weapon

and this is compared to the time where it used to deal 1300+ damage has a lower cooldown and reduce up to 50% damage
      BUT a very big but you could not reliably hit targets with it. that time it was only able to target your self and ally players
      and this made the so called 1300+ damage not as effective as it should be

Ähm u are fooling me right??

Everyone and their dog gave feedback that it will be OP and she'll not be released like that..

Same as double merc + purge we all gave feedback this will be horrible.. on top the purge of curse makes you immune to force movement ..lol..

Same as holy nature changes we all said ..it will be garbage the damage after..

Forcefield..there is detailed feedback that it is too good..

It is not as if the people don't give feedback my friend..
    • @Trial_hard
      Royal shoes feedback on test server i did not think it took any traction and most likely miss my radar.
      link the thread to me
      thread date must be before the release to live

thread date must be between June 22(NDA balance release) to July 28(live release)

The other 3 has their thread discussing them so it was noticed by the community and has responses
      double merc+ purge has a thread and its worth discussing after looking at how the community reacts

force field threads is well known and i am on the look and see side
      viable skill but annoying to deal with

holy and nature damage nerfs threads gain alot of heat. and i am on the side of it being over nerfed for PvE. for PvP its a good thing but its bad once it affects PvE

Edit: What i am trying to say is before it goes live there should be some threads discussing for those stuff merc purge,holy nature and force field has their threads but i dont see any threads for royal shoes on test server forums talking about it. the whole point of the test server forum is to catch these OP items before they make it to live

pretty sure if there were discussion threads the test server forums the devs are more likely to see it before it goes live
      that and probably everyone was so focused on the corrupted dungeon changes in the same patch that they miss this OP item completely
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

The post was edited 9 times, last by The_Support_God ().

• @Reef

We all can agree that the Changes to affect PvP is much needed
      but still for those 0.001 people who want to solo fame farm with the weapon for what ever reason
      it screw them over heavily

not that matters much in the grand scheme of things but still why touch the PvE of smite and thorns they did not need to be touched

The post was edited 1 time, last by The_Support_God ().

• The_Support_God wrote:

but still for those 0.001 people who want to solo fame farm with the weapon for what ever reason
      it screw them over heavily
      There is no decisions that will satisfy ALL players. If it makes happy 30% of players and unhappy 0,1% of players its good decision.

Quagga wrote:

No, I'm just sick of salty people like you always crying about the balance of the CD...
      Devs look at balance in 1) CD 2) 5v5 3) ZVZ
      whats wrong?