With so many problems with server stability,etc etc, why are we getting a biome update?

• With so many problems with server stability,etc etc, why are we getting a biome update?

It seems to me that most of the playerbase is tired of the garbage performance and lag issues experienced in EVERY square inch of this game, and yet the devs think now is the time to spend money having artists sit around and paint rocks and trees, rather than buying more bandwidth, getting some chat moderation that actually works, doing away with the draconean server downtime (for God's sake devs, it's not 1997).

Can i get a response maybe from an Albion employee as to why we are getting the most fundamental needs NOT addressed by you? We don't want art. We want servers that don't make people jump around in pvp. We want mobs who really are where the client tells us they are SO WE CAN HIT THEM WITH OUR WEAPONS.

You, Albion, need to come forward and start maybe consulting the playerbase before you dump God knows how many hours into crystal league tuning. Tell me, how many hundred players play crystal league? Now tell me how many people log on daily and bitch about lag, because lag is OMNIPRESENT?

What are your priorities, Albion? Tell us so we don't have to wonder if we're gonna play this game on garbage servers until the game shuts down.

:cursing:
    • This company can't even implement the SIMPLEST qol improvements. Why the F are we still having to click gold piles??? Why don't we automatically get credited for our kill silver?

Why do regular solo dungeons award loot so poorly? Who exactly at albion thought those numbers were at all satisfying?

Open 2 hours worth of chests doing a dungeon floor about every 2 min or so.. secure 362k in TOTAL sellable loot (including silver bags and tomes)? Effing garbage.

Bpsses that jitterstep on their spawnpoints because you are more than 12 feet away when you throw poison and burn long cooldowns, causing them to go invulnerable for 2 sec until you approach melee.... who the hell coded this crap? Seriously?
      But sure, spend tons of time and effort redoing biomes. (Sarcasm)

The post was edited 1 time, last by XiPoohBear ().

• XiPoohBear wrote:

This company can't even implement the SIMPLEST qol improvements. Why the F are we still having to click gold piles??? Why don't we automatically get credited for our kill silver?

Why do regular solo dungeons award loot so poorly? Who exactly at albion thought those numbers were at all satisfying?

Open 2 hours worth of chests doing a dungeon floor about every 2 min or so.. secure 362k in TOTAL sellable loot (including silver bags and tomes)? Effing garbage.

Bpsses that jitterstep on their spawnpoints because you are more than 12 feet away when you throw poison and burn long cooldowns, causing them to go invulnerable for 2 sec until you approach melee.... who the hell coded this crap? Seriously?
      But sure, spend tons of time and effort redoing biomes. (Sarcasm)
      1) manual pickup is just part of the game. lets you decide to take or not, but acts as a silver sink and for players that don't need the silver drops, leaves it for others that might want it.
      2) this game is full-loot-pvp first. pve solo content is for casual players. you want good loot, go full loot pvp
      3) ways to make the game more accessible for players further away from the data center are being looked at from what I have been rumored. IDK what what will end up being. Till then, contact support to see if they have suggestions that will help you.
    • XiPoohBear wrote:

It seems to me that most of the playerbase is tired of the garbage performance and lag issues experienced in EVERY square inch of this game
      Whilst lag can be frustrating you should be careful when claiming what "most" of the player base wants, you do not know what most of the player base wants. Speak for yourself, don't claim to speak for others.

XiPoohBear wrote:

getting some chat moderation that actually works
      I find the chat, particularly the help channel to be pretty well modded. Have you broken up you chat window into different tabs? It might help you filter out the information you do not want.

XiPoohBear wrote:

doing away with the draconean server downtime
      30 minutes every 24 hours is not a big deal and one could argue that it is good to have a small break in the up time so as to make sure you don't have people just logged in 24 hours a day continually. (Which would increase lag problems)

XiPoohBear wrote:

We don't want art.
      I want art. Again. Speak for yourself. Saying what "we" want is bullish and frankly wrong.
      Even a white rose has a black shadow.
    • XiPoohBear wrote:

It seems to me that most of the playerbase is tired of the garbage performance and lag issues experienced in EVERY square inch of this game, and yet the devs think now is the time to spend money having artists sit around and paint rocks and trees, rather than buying more bandwidth, getting some chat moderation that actually works, doing away with the draconean server downtime (for God's sake devs, it's not 1997).

Can i get a response maybe from an Albion employee as to why we are getting the most fundamental needs NOT addressed by you? We don't want art. We want servers that don't make people jump around in pvp. We want mobs who really are where the client tells us they are SO WE CAN HIT THEM WITH OUR WEAPONS.

You, Albion, need to come forward and start maybe consulting the playerbase before you dump God knows how many hours into crystal league tuning. Tell me, how many hundred players play crystal league? Now tell me how many people log on daily and bitch about lag, because lag is OMNIPRESENT?

What are your priorities, Albion? Tell us so we don't have to wonder if we're gonna play this game on garbage servers until the game shuts down.

:cursing:
      If you have performance issue related to the game, put the game on SSD. If you have have lag or disconnection issue it's either the routing to the server that can be bad and you can try using a VPN or its your connection thats unstable and that's on your end. It's usually one of those 2. If you're playing on mobile and plan to play it for a long time, at least buy a tablet cause you need a fucking powerful phone to run it well.
    • XiPoohBear wrote:

With so many problems with server stability,etc etc, why are we getting a biome update?
      The two aren't mutually exclusive. And involve different employees working on them. .... Im sure their graphics guys wouldn't be be working on server stability even if there was no biome update. So ......
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter