Thank you for giving us purging double merc curses

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thank you for giving us purging double merc curses

Double merc wasnt overpowered enough so now we have purging curses as well. Congrats, almost nothing in the game can kill them now.

Suggestion: Curse damage is at least 15% overtuned so that needs to come down
      Specter Hood should not "instantly reset" your Chest piece but rather lower the cd by 30-40 seconds. That way they can't just get a free merc back to back.
      Cap Merc Jacket at X # of heals. I watched a Wildfire gain over 50% of his max health from ONE merc jacket.
      Make curse actually require skill shots instead of auto target and auto attacks.
      Mercenary Jacket gives a super OP heal and also has the 2nd highest defense of any leather jacket. Why?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Painball ().

• Imo specter hood should have a cast time (intetrumpible)

That or make it so that it gives you an uncleansable silence or some other debuff as "you center ALL your energy into your armor"

Edit: I didnt realize I had put merc hood when I meant specter hood

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mrpotato ().

• Mrpotato wrote:

Imo merc hood should have a cast time (intetrumpible)

That or make it so that it gives you an uncleansable silence or some other debuff as "you center ALL your energy into your armor"
      Or, if u dress mercenary chest all your damage gets reduced by 25 %. If u have the rewind helmet on top then by 50%..

That is the standard state of the art solution.
    • Well people are always crying for SBI to not balance around CDs, so here you go - lifecurse was buffed for ZvZ.

As was wildfire. As were royal boots several months ago (did anyone actually end up using them in ZvZ for coordinated pushes as it was intended?)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Schmellow ().

• Exactly. The issue is not curse it is double mercenary jacket. The vile Q is already shit range it certainly does not need a nerf. If anything I might agree grudge could get tweaked down a bit damage wise. There is a reason ALL these builds are using mercenary jackets and nothing else.
    • Tabor wrote:

Exactly. The issue is not curse it is double mercenary jacket. The vile Q is already shit range it certainly does not need a nerf. If anything I might agree grudge could get tweaked down a bit damage wise. There is a reason ALL these builds are using mercenary jackets and nothing else.
      no it is royal boots that make u stick + double merc = damage overload + super sustain + AOE purge
    • Agree my issue is with Double Merc and Dot Damage being so high. They want to cry about spear being an AA focused class but all a Curse does to win is spam Q, Q, Q, Q, merc, Q, Q, Q, merc, Q = i win.

Lifecurse is cool and giving the Curse staffs some variety is great but double merc was already extremely overpowered and this just added more on top of it. Before Royal Boots you could always break crystals on curse if you were unable to fight them but not now.
    • FYI. Check NDA update. Huge changes to double merc meta. Let the saltiness begin!

Only question that remains now is will the 20% heal debuff still remain in CDs now that healers and mercenary jacket will have been tuned down?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().

• Retroman wrote:

Armors
      Mercenary Jacket currently synergizes extremely well with DoT weapons but not so much with other weapon lines. To change this the max healing now requires less hits. This max healing output stays almost the same. However DoTs will now no longer trigger the healing effect, opening up the ability to work with more weapon combinations. Additionally the buff duration has been shortened, to make countering it by denying the damage a more effective option against it.
      • Bloodlust (Mercenary Jacket)
        • Now only heals on Direct Damage (Dots don't trigger the healing anymore)
        • Max amount of heals: 15 -> 9
        • Heal per Hit: 26 -> 42
        • Buff Duration: 8s -> 6s

Base healing went down from 390 to 378, average amount of hits required to get full value from merc decreased from 1.8/s to 1.5/s.

I really wish they made the healing sickness debuff not work for merc and cultist robe, so those could be used in teamplay to a better extent. Bruisers could honestly use another sustain spell which is not the lifesteal aura (active resistances are also lacking; jacket of tenacity seems a good spell to rework for this purpose). Levitate is already ok by the fact that it has 2 different interrupts tied to it (regular interrupt and damage interrupt), while also taking a long time to execute.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Trial_hard wrote:

For future Merc use:

All kind of Xbow especially bolts will shine
      Normal bow will work
      GAxe might be really powerfull..

But Badon will be gone ...

I can predict Badon artifacts going down in price
      Whispering Bows man. Dual Merc Dual Swords, Trinities? Huge meta shift but very interesting and this change is very good. Thank you SBI

The post was edited 1 time, last by Painball ().

• Claws is not a pvp weapon needing heal

If u Gank u won't use merc cause u X on 1

If u CD u won't claw. Claw is simply trash in pvp. E is u only real damage and every build has a CC or knockback or dash or whatever to avoid the E.

Yes you right a full E is good for merc, but nobody in a situation where heal makes any sense allows a E