CD, or triumph of idiocy

• CD, or triumph of idiocy

The current state of CD is like an idiotic comedy. It was a bad idea itself but after that bats including it became a complete brain explosion.

What was the issue?
      "To improve the Reset Meta in Corrupted Dungeons we will introduce a new mechanic for Corrupted Dungeons. The goal is to allow for a few disengages to change abilities, adjust tactics and not have the fight narrowed to one single engage..."(c)

Sounds unclear? I will rephrase:
      "MOMMY!!!!! MOMMY, he is running! He has 1\3 of my trade potential, but doesn't wanna trade with me! RAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!! ;( "(c)

Let's try to find out, what's went wrong, and was it really an issue?

"To improve the Reset Meta..."(c)
      What reset meta? What's wrong with a reset mechanic and mobility?
      -
      CD itself is designed as some kind of cyber-sport with MMR and match-making. But the main criteria of a good cyber-sport competition is the same conditions for each player.
      But in Albion rock-paper-scissors balance system, luck is the main factor in PVP one vs one. So if you faced a counter build - you have two ways: skip, die.
      The second issue is a rating implementation. If you get a few mills of infame - most of all, your risk is much higher, than a reword.

Issue: The most profitable way to play is just to skip every dangerous enemy with mobile build. Does it mean "reset meta"? Don't think so.
      Solution: Remove those stupid ratings. Anyway, it doesn't work in Albion. Let players just have a fun from PVP instead of abusing meaningless numbers.

Was it fixed with your's bats? No.

- Abusing HP regeneration after reset and begin the fight again, with full HP.
      The solution from developers side: remove soup, avalonian meet, and any HP regen buffs out of the fight.
      The solution from player side: bye f*cking soup, idiot. It costs 10k.

Was it fixed with your's bats? Maybe partialy.

- while(true) reset();
      Is it an issue? builds, built around kiting with a speed can reset an enemy. Hm...
      Is it an advantage? Sure.
      Is it something OP, comparing with a possibility to kill an enemy with 1 combo? Don't think so.

There is a case, when 1 player can't kill another, but an enemy can't catch him. Hm... okay. Whats wrong with that? Does it lead to a client crash? No?
      Don't those two clowns have a tool to break a cycle and resolve a case? They have. So, where is the issue?

Yes, idiots!
      "Rat! Running!!! Mommy!"(c) Stop crying.
      That red pylons are there not for pre-stacking, mercenary jacket abuse, or hiding from bolts. It is there especially to resolve your case. Don't run for 30 minutes. Brake it and take another fight. That's it. Resolved.

If there are such players in the game:

It is not a reason to disturb others other to play.

What was done to resolve a "reset meta issue"?
      Now during an invasion, a new mob type spawns in every corridor, which applies a stacking debuff to the first player passing it. Punishing players for resetting the fight too often.
      - Great. Cyber-sport-like competition 1v1, where everything around helps one player to kill another.
      - Did you think, those mommies knights, who cried: "he is running" - will play fair? Really? If they see you - they just(oh no... it's impossible) RUNNING around and wait for bat appearance and fight after that only. So, yes, Retroman, your solution is subject to abuse much more, than an "abuse", you've worked on. Nice work. As always.
      - It affects a fight. It works as an obstruction for bolts, as another stack collector for swords, as an accelerator for daggers with shadow blades, etc.
      It debuffs not only the one, who tries to reset. But it slows and weakens the one, who try to keep a distance.
      - It's bugged. It often slows the one, who trying to catch up, follow the player, preventing him and the enemy from using abilities

That sore brain delirium creates real issues, trying to solve the contrived one and distorts the pvp in CD.
      It doesn't work. Rollback that trash.

P.S. By the love of gods, SBI!!!! Are you able at least make your forum show a formatted text, as it was typed? WTF??? It is a school task!

The post was edited 5 times, last by Back.Off.Outlaw ().

• If you play a low mobility build relative to the hyper mobility meta nowadays you have very few options to win:
      • Rely on opponent's mistake of overextending/being greedy.
      • Fight with another low-mobility build.
      • Bore your opponent to death.
      Most of the time when I meet an unfavourable matchup I cannot break shards because using my cooldowns to do that means I will loose the next trade and won't be able to escape, unlike my opponent.
      Mobility for 1v1 environments is unbalanced overall, because if you have more escape power than your opponent has catching power, you can theoretically run in circles forever, if not making any severe mistakes while doing so. The corrupted bats somewhat fix the issue of infinite running, yet most of the time you chace your target you're the one getting stacks, not them. Besides all that, builds with more mobility have a better time running from unfavourable matchups in the time bats do not spawn.

Royal boots, in developers' words, should be used to catch escaping targets, but who would have thought that in an environment where you don't have allies to help with interrupting those boots the escapee can use them as a more superior mobility option?

P.S. I hate Multishot, who the fuck thought hard CC on an RDPS weapons' Q slot is a good idea? You literally counter all casters with a Q slot. Cancer.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Hattenhair wrote:

Most of the time when I meet an unfavourable matchup I cannot break shards because using my cooldowns to do that means I will loose the next trade and won't be able to escape, unlike my opponent.
      Don't use your cooldowns to break a crystal. It is not too dangerous, you know... Ask sword monkeys. They know it as good as nobody knows) If we are talking about balanced mobile weapons - they pay with a trade potential for mobility. You just go to a pylon and destroy it with AA. If an enemy is chasing - just use cooldowns on it, not a pylon. You will force it to run. Reset a fight, get your hp and start to hit pylon again.

Yes, it can be a long CD, if you will meet a very stubborn player. But don't worry. He is mortal too. This is YOUR ran't for high trade power. Don't se any issues in it.
      And all of this is a rant for PVP diversity. Otherwise, it will be like this:

33-1:02 - halph of a minute of stupid button pressing. 2000 year MMO level.

Actually, it is already almost like that.

Hattenhair wrote:

Mobility for 1v1 environments is unbalanced overall, because if you have more escape power than your opponent has catching power, you can theoretically run in circles forever, if not making any severe mistakes while doing so. The corrupted bats somewhat fix the issue of infinite running, yet most of the time you chace your target you're the one getting stacks, not them. Besides all that, builds with more mobility have a better time running from unfavourable matchups in the time bats do not spawn.
      It's the same as: "gravity is unbalanced because it prevents animals from fly, but birds still can".
      I can play this game with you: "DPS is overpowered in 1v1 because high-dps players can chase me in a circle forever until I'll bored, or make a mistake. Please give me a 'kill him just now' button to a Q slot"

Hattenhair wrote:

Royal boots, in developers' words, should be used to catch escaping targets, but who would have thought that in an environment where you don't have allies to help with interrupting those boots the escapee can use them as a more superior mobility option?
      Yeah.. a great thing. It is so balanced, that even badon bows, who are kiters and should play in reactive style are using it) Skippers and brain-dead chasers should be happy.

Hattenhair wrote:

P.S. I hate Multishot, who the fuck thought hard CC on an RDPS weapons' Q slot is a good idea? You literally counter all casters with a Q slot. Cancer.
      I did not understand how is this topic related to a multishot.

Fabrizziou wrote:

Out of your reclaim
      What happens if SBI removes mobs after starting an invasion (like HG's)?
      I think it will kill some builds, based on CC, who are trying to keep you in traps, mobs. It is a dark side.
      But it will be much more competative.

In any case, it will not be CD. It will be 1v1 HG.
      As a HG player before CD release and CD player before it was mutilated with that bats and other great "fixes" from Retroman, I would say that it is another experience and it is even possible to keep 1v1 HG and CD in one game as different content.
    • @Back.Off.Outlaw
      Nevermind me, it was a 3am saltpost about the Badon vs Caster matchup where I don't get to play the game.
      Can't trade with someone if my spells are constantly being interrupted, not only by the storm, aswell as by Multishot, which not only pushes me back into the storm but also interrupts by itself on a 5s cooldown. Can't even use my spells to break shards most of the time either.

TL;DR: Rock paper cancer content, where I cant even break shards in certain matchups, and my only option is to die.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • I can tell you some experience.

At the moment I level an ALT

Best level.option and cheapest: 1h mace, mistcaller, any run boots, assa chest, mage chowl, poison pot soup.

From scratch i enter CD stalker, mace on 4.2.

It is disgusting, i haven't died yet. Mob clear is insane, i combo just 3+ packs. PvP i reset as often as i like till the enemy does VA mistake.

I don't even use the Carleon cape, i use a flat cape .

Just abuse the reset meta and forcefield the enemy away. For a strange reason bats don't exist or often not come in stalker...

I just abuse reset, 1h mace, and stalker for an insane fast leveling experience.

Is it broken? Yes
      Is it bad design? Yes I think so
      Is it fun to abuse it? Partially it is fast boring but with a fresh char sometimes interesting
    • @Trial_hard, Great. You've read a post and squash everything to your's personal experience with mace. Cool...

When I talk about mobility-based builds, I don't mean frost, mace, etc. It's mobile, yes. But it also deals a tone of damage with double Q while an enemy is stunned. Combinations of high dps, cc, ms, stamina, etc., where each side can be even more effective, than for a specialized weapon is the biggest issue in Albion balance, bat bats and royal boots do not resolve it.
      It just proves that I'm right. That idiot's dream is already in CD, but...
      I knew, that CC-based kite will be the next abuser tactic. I was sure, it will be tomb-hammer, but looks like it was wrong.

So, what was changed with that update? Nothing? But we have a tone of side-effects and unnatural, mutilated PVP inside, where the environment intentionally helps one participant to kill the other. What can be worse in the case of pvp-orientated game design?
      More of that.... new bugs appeared. And, as known, bugs live forever in albion. SBI love their bugs and care about them.

So, I'm afraid, that stupid bats will continue to follow players while zombie apocalypse will at last happen.

Returning to the begining:

Back.Off.Outlaw wrote:

It doesn't work. Rollback that trash.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Back.Off.Outlaw ().

• The badon build is still flourishing in CDs Backoff. Also yes they needed to do something about endless kiting/resets because those builds should not ALWAYS get to dictate fights due to the CD design of nonsensical running circle lanes. Bats are definitely not perfect but with the timer introduction associated with them and the fact it takes like a billion stacks before the slow even hits it is still quite fair to the reset builds (they get plenty of time to attempt to fight just not eternity now). People trying to play giant on guardian boots are still easily being kited in the new CD world so it is not like it has become pure face smash.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().

• @Back.Off.Outlaw
      Overall people are stupid. They do not understand even some basic things. This thread is a perfect example of this.
      Existing moba mechanic is based on trade potential and an ability to gain a distance between you and your opponent after the trade to wait for cooldowns.
      So you have two options:
      - become slow and dangerous to make sure that you can win every trade, like live turret (xbow, pike, trident)
      - become fast and and play hit-n-run tactics (quarterstaff before changes, warbow)

now the Albion has two issues:
      1) stupid people who do not understand this and try to play on mobile low damage builds as bruisers or try to weaken pure bruiser weapons with their twisted understanding of this world. (like wear plate armor with a xbow). Those people usually play curse, xbow, pikes and cry something like "nerf mobility! they do not want to trade with me! they play hit-n-run! nerf boop! nerf frost, nerf anything that prevents us standing still and punch each other in the face till someone die"
      2) unbalanced weapons which have damage and mobility at once (say hello to mace and broadsword) or mobility and sustain (badon or prenerfed bear paws)

The first issue cannot be resolved, these people are hopeless, some of them letf the stain in this thread:) But instead of fixing the second issue developers decided to make the game more simple: meet the enemy, kill or die in 1min, everyone is happy:) this approach can be seen in HG changes, in CD changes and I understand why - it is hard to play with mobility on phones. The market rules us all:)
    • Tabor wrote:

The badon build is still flourishing in CDs Backoff.
      I would say, a mercenary jacket is still flourishing in CDs. Badon is a trash in 1v1. It's even weaker than a war-bow. If a longbow will become a good combo for mercenary - it will be flourishing in CDs too.
      And again... moving from general to specific. Great. Create some chat and get some discussion with @Trial_hard. Looks like you are worth each other.

The thing now is even not in unbalanced weapons. It is in unnatural PVP mechanics, when the best speed burst is designed in such way to help engaging and prevent kiting. The thing is in dungeon, which helps one player to kill another.

It's not an issue to bye 8.3 badon, or even a warbow and arranges genocide of those fools, who use guardian boots and surprised, that it is kitable. Skip dangerous fights and farm infamy, silver, fame, etc. BUT IT IS BORING.
      It's not an issue to bye some broadsword, trinity, or double mercenary jacket and play with one lag. BUT IT IS BORING.

There where a lot of issues before. But it still brought some pleasure from PVP process. After that scratch its a brainfuck. No any motivation to play, when you see, that developers do everything to make you lose a fight against another double-mercenary Q(or space) clicking monkey with a smartphone.
      You play it a few evenings. Want to vomit with such a "PVP"(actually it is PVEP), dont launch this game for a weak, try again and wanna vomit again. Thanks, Retroman. Great experience.

SBI, return f*ckinng MOBA-like pvp, you sold me a few years ago.

Hattenhair wrote:

@Back.Off.Outlaw
      So that thing where you cast your skillshots during CC results in them aiming in random directions instead of your mouse position is not a personal issue and is actually a bug?
      I have lost countless fights to that bullshit.
      Yep... SBI has nothing to do. Everything is fine. The best moment to waste some time for new textures, weapon trees, etc.
      By the way, SBI, my regards to your's developers. It is my profession, but I really can't imagine, how are you doing such things. Linux client kills an internet connection somehow. When your "optimized" connection issues dialog appears - the internet connection starts to blink. Turn off Albion - everything works perfectly. I don't know, is reproduce on Windows, but it is some kind of magic. Please teach me, how to do that. I wanna troll my friends.

Sethis wrote:

The first issue cannot be resolved, these people are hopeless, some of them letf the stain in this thread:) But instead of fixing the second issue developers decided to make the game more simple: meet the enemy, kill or die in 1min, everyone is happy:) this approach can be seen in HG changes, in CD changes and I understand why - it is hard to play with mobility on phones. The market rules us all:)
      Some time ago Lineage 2 followed the same logic. It ended badly. History does not teach greedy fools.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Back.Off.Outlaw ().

• Back.Off.Outlaw wrote:

I would say, a mercenary jacket is still flourishing in CDs. Badon is a trash in 1v1.
      It's a little of both in this situation.

If you take builds with main weapons like Fire staves, Axes or Curse (still very strong with the sheer amount of ticks even at close range) which have great synergy with the merc jacket, most of their toolkit is either short-ranged and can be countered with a purge quite hastily or is weak to interrupts and various forms of hard CC in the case of firemage (i.e: Fire artillery and Pyroblast).
      I usually play Fire in CRD's and my thoughts on encountering an enemy with Fiend Cowl go something like this:
      • Stay safe from purge range-wise and use Q3, Fire artillery or Pyroblast, but be reliant on either skillshots, low DoT tick rate or high interruptability. (Very unreliable method).
      • Dodge the purge with a true I-Frame if the situation allows it. (Rarely so)
      • Stack maximum DoT's on the target and hope their reaction in slow enough to gain me atleast 6-8 ticks of healing.
      The issue with badon is it is not weak to interrupts, nor it has any significant standtimes, it has massive cast range and a humongous DoT tick rate/amount, which allows it to stay safe from purges via kiting and have the benefits of rapid healing provided my the Merccenary jacket at the same time. They can even use the jacket on reaction, instead of preemptively, and still get the full 15 ticks.
      Sometimes they can be so far I am not able to see their player model, which is much more further than the 9m range of Fiend Cowl.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Yep, you are right. Badon is a good container for mercenary jacket abuse because of possibility to use it out of purge cap range.
      But badon itself... Common. Weak, easy to counter, easy to dodge, forced to run and collect that stupid stacks... Remove a mercenary jacket and Badon will die in CD.
      Interruption? yes, it is strong against casters, but again and again... cleric robe + cowl(or guardian helm, or soldier...) and you are just a mob. As one man said not so long time ago:

Hattenhair wrote:

Rock paper cancer content
      I think, the main reason, why badon is in meta today - it is a bow and can interrupt that stupid royal boots, used by 9 from 10 opponents. After a synergy with mercenary jacket of course.

In any case, it doesn't matter. I don't play bows anymore. No, it is not dead, but it is some kind of selfraping, for a player, who likes hit-n-run and kiting gameplay. Not the best feelings, when a dungeon kills you instead of your opponent.
      I've tried regular spear and some other builds. 4 double mercenary jacket cursed staffs 1 by 1. There are some interesting builds, but the same issue again. Or you play one of that monkeys clickers, or CD play against you

I don't care about badon, warbows, OP, UP weapons anymore...
      CD force me to play like a monkey with course, crossbow, trinity, etc... q-q-q-q-q-q, or space-space-space-space-space-space and endless mindless engaging.

But I'm not a fu*cking monkey. I have a keyboard, mouse, hands, brain and wanna use all of them in PVP.
      Retroman finally transformed solo PVP in albion to isometric mortal combat for kids. Fuck it. It's better to play the full 3D version instead of that trash, CD currently is.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Back.Off.Outlaw ().

• Back.Off.Outlaw wrote:

it is a bow and can interrupt that stupid royal boots, used by 9 from 10 opponents.
      The E cant interrupt it. Royals are only counterable by hard-CC (Knockback, Knock-up, Stuns) during startup or purge after the activation.
      The multishot can though.

Back.Off.Outlaw wrote:

Interruption? yes, it is strong against casters, but again and again... cleric robe + cowl(or guardian helm, or soldier...) and you are just a mob.
      The E having constant interrupt is fine, you have plenty of tools to deal with it, but in combination with multishot it is far from fine.
      Coming back to my point of why the fuck bows who are mainly an RDPS role have hard-CC on a Q slot, while tank weapons have only soft-CC like Roots, Silences and Slows, or have special requirements to reach the hard-CC hit (Like staves with their 3 hit combo Q).

If the main purpose of multishot is kiting then it should have a short duration ~15-20% slow, while interrupt should be given to a spell on a W slot (Ray of Light seems the most fitting in this situation).
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hattenhair ().

• Back.Off.Outlaw wrote:

video

some of my fav highlights from ur vid

honestly tho I think you just have bad ping or bad reactions a lot of those times u try to dodge claymore E with an iceblock. The missed impales could also be due to bad ping but don't quote me on that.

its not impassible to dodge claymore E with iceblock, u just need to wait for their cast animation and use it right then
      Believe in the cloth

The post was edited 1 time, last by rottencheese ().