Twitch viewers

• Twitch viewers

In the good times I saw in of time 1500 viewers in twitch and 3 k on prime..

Now I see sometimes just 180-200 in the morning and 900-1200 prime time..

In top more than 50% of the viewer view HG & CD..

Why is that? Is there a twitch alternative and I have missed where all the streamers stream now??
    • No content updates in Albion, and launches like NW.
      Everyone is bored.
      ---
      In future it will become even bigger problem - if incoming update will suck , because there are more MMOs incoming.
      ---
      And im not even talking about content creator support , even indie game studio got this , but not Albion Online.

P.S People were creating content on enthusiasm , but sooner or later they will burn out.
      P.S.S Ooh , and about twitch...lots of content creators move on YT. Especially people who create videos also. For example some small channels with 2k+- subs get around 100 viewers when they stream.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Equart ().

• It gets boring pretty fast constantly looking at the stale CRD meta. ZvZ's are usually bound to zone timers. Small skirmishes are hard to come by on a consistent basis, even on ava roads they aren't as abundant as you would like to think.
      Then add all the times one of the teams disengages because there's a severe difference in IP or player numbers, so they just don't take the fight.

This all turns into constant running, which no viewer wants to see, as a result streamers come to types of content where battles are guaranteed.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Hattenhair wrote:

It gets boring pretty fast constantly looking at the stale CRD meta. ZvZ's are usually bound to zone timers. Small skirmishes are hard to come by on a consistent basis, even on ava roads they aren't as abundant as you would like to think.
      Then add all the times one of the teams disengages because there's a severe difference in IP or player numbers, so they just don't take the fight.

This all turns into constant running, which no viewer wants to see, as a result streamers come to types of content where battles are guaranteed.
      my issue why I have a headache watch CD is the pvp rate..

If the fight is done there is 5-6 mins pve that nobody wants to see...

That's why i stop watching fast.. usually
    • Add in the fact that they have AOTV casters who don't even play the game much less are knowledgeable about it anymore.

Not sure how SBI plans to build enthusiasm for their game but the direction they've maintained on their Twitch account has been a constant downturn for a while.

If someone wants to stream a game, Albion isn't a good choice at all, I'd recommend moving on to another game or platform.
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
    • SBI takes too long to release new patches... people quit because the game is stale and then it's hard for them to come back.

Also Albion used to shine because of open world content, but they pushed so hard towards zergs with faction warfare and alliances with hideouts in the blacks that it's impossible to gank in small groups/solo. Zergs are very noob friendly but it's not good content, they are also super toxic in most guilds and alliances.

Everything in the past like year was a mistake, if they put all that effort into more and better mobs, work on the zones so they feel unique and cool (each zone with its own mobs, dungeons, loot tables, resources)... the game would feel a lot more alive. Then you just let people PvP over the best zones.

They need to stop making scripted meta games, like instanced content and faction warfare... it takes too long and doesnt add to the game long term. They need to just create tools so the players can come up with the content... that's the essence of a sandbox game and what Albion should be. Keep pushing new zones, new mobs, new items, like crazy... keep the game interesting.

Albion at this point is a zerg sandbox with generic zones and some not so good instanced PvP that I can just play DOTA for a better experience. All the zones are the same, there are like 8 mobs that drop the same shit, itemization sucks, the game feels super generic at this point. The game is the same since launch but with a bunch of shitty and abandoned metagames sprinkled on top.

They waste a lot of time developing meta games that create hype short term but add nothing in the long term... look at all the abandoned systems Albion have, it almost feel like Path of Exile where they create content for a league and abandon it on the next. All that time they spent creating the new gates and CDs, they could have just reused the old HGs, then take all that dev time and put it towards the zones, mobs, open world dungeons, loot tables, etc.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Devastate ().

• Devastate wrote:

SBI takes too long to release new patches... people quit because the game is stale and then it's hard for them to come back.

Also Albion used to shine because of open world content, but they pushed so hard towards zergs with faction warfare and alliances with hideouts in the blacks that it's impossible to gank in small groups/solo. Zergs are very noob friendly but it's not good content, they are also super toxic in most guilds and alliances.

Everything in the past like year was a mistake, if they put all that effort into more and better mobs, work on the zones so they feel unique and cool (each zone with its own mobs, dungeons, loot tables, resources)... the game would feel a lot more alive. Then you just let people PvP over the best zones.

They need to stop making scripted meta games, like instanced content and faction warfare... it takes too long and doesnt add to the game long term. They need to just create tools so the players can come up with the content... that's the essence of a sandbox game and what Albion should be. Keep pushing new zones, new mobs, new items, like crazy... keep the game interesting.

Albion at this point is a zerg sandbox with generic zones and some not so good instanced PvP that I can just play DOTA for a better experience. All the zones are the same, there are like 8 mobs that drop the same shit, itemization sucks, the game feels super generic at this point. The game is the same since launch but with a bunch of shitty and abandoned metagames sprinkled on top.

They waste a lot of time developing meta games that create hype short term but add nothing in the long term... look at all the abandoned systems Albion have, it almost feel like Path of Exile where they create content for a league and abandon it on the next. All that time they spent creating the new gates and CDs, they could have just reused the old HGs, then take all that dev time and put it towards the zones, mobs, open world dungeons, loot tables, etc.
      I agree partially, but devs need to wake up ..or our game will have a pickup..

Right now ..almost prime time we have 250 people on twitch..that's a 10 the ..and from these 250 80% is on instanced content .

That says a lot about interests
    • People tend to watch highend pvp content involved with risk.
      Now lets check what we have right now:
      1. HG: almost dead content. Rewards are too low, people play in cheap sets. No way to skip fights, stupid lava mechanic, fixed meta setup. Actually this content is so boring that i do not see any reason to watch it.

2. CD: bats are the stupidiest thing that I have seen in albion. It makes dead almost all kite builds. On top of that imbalanced boots, imbalanced weapons like spears. They get rid of the ability to invite enemy in your dungeon, so if you seek pvp you are running behind skippers, if you try to play on kite build, there is a broadsword or trident in enemy CD that full of mobs. Additionally SBI needs months to fix obviously imbalanced builds. So as a result CD become shitty content which is boring to watch as well.

3. Open world: no comments, nobody wants to spend several hours watching stream without fights at all or fights with opponents in t4. Equart is an exception in this case but still...

So that we have, nothing to watch. Moreover, many ppl who I know (top CD/HG players) moved to the NW. They tired to see all of this.
    • I dont think Albion is good for streaming.
      Streamsniping too easy.
      A lot of dead time.
      A lot of riding.

Thats the reason i guess why there are no good streamers of Albion out there.
      Small Scaler, Meuchelmörder & Notfall-Nature-Healer
      Proscriptus
      Ruhm und Ehre erwarten euch nur auf dem Schlachtfeld!
    • Reef wrote:

Piraterer wrote:

I dont think Albion is good for streaming.
      Streamsniping too easy.
      A lot of dead time.
      A lot of riding.
      I dont think Albion is good for playing.A lot of dead time.
      A lot of riding.
      don't be so negative, either you get banned or this thread gets moved to rant..

So I translate: request to the devs - please more value time in the game - too many non PvP non content activities.

Suggestion: community manager to take part in a cluster queue siege..
    • Im not saying Albion is bad. Its great for playing. But its hard to stream because its not that fun to watch.
      Most streamers are solo rats or randoms. Albion without community/guild/alliance is just a bad farming simulator.
      Small Scaler, Meuchelmörder & Notfall-Nature-Healer
      Proscriptus
      Ruhm und Ehre erwarten euch nur auf dem Schlachtfeld!