Twitch viewers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Would be nice to get another update on the next big patch, especially if its coming right after this season. Really interested to see if black zone activity picks up at all once head quarters are implemented. I think the game is still a lot of fun overall, although in general not a great game for streaming.
    • CDEEKS wrote:

the game died a slow cold death the miniute they made SRD despawn after 90 sec this was a place that offered consistent 1v1 or small gang pvp now dead as a fkn dodo spend hours looking for a fight now . not worth it when so many better MMO out now.
      lmao that barely did anything, and anyway SRD was almost never 1v1, it was like 3v1, and most of times the 1 was hurt by mobs
    • Mrpotato wrote:

CDEEKS wrote:

the game died a slow cold death the miniute they made SRD despawn after 90 sec this was a place that offered consistent 1v1 or small gang pvp now dead as a fkn dodo spend hours looking for a fight now . not worth it when so many better MMO out now.
      lmao that barely did anything, and anyway SRD was almost never 1v1, it was like 3v1, and most of times the 1 was hurt by mobs
      Oh my naive boy , i wish it would be true.
    • The decision to despawn solos and everything after has killed what made this game fun and unique. HOs made the game too safe and discouraged small open world PvP. Roads killed BZ. Well, roads and reworking BZ so now everyone has access to high tier areas. CDs are probably the single most boring thing. Albion is below subpar when it comes to PvE so making everything so safe has turned a massive amount of people off of the game. Seeing how small the upcoming changes are I don't see this game coming back to life. Channel on HOs? Give me a break. Carebear Online.
    • Isn't Albion doing well enough even without streamers ?

I agree that streaming help to draw awareness to Albion but as it stands, it gets enough awareness from other sources and the population is healthy.
      Not every game needs to be optimized for streamers imho and i fully agree that albion is not good to stream but i have no Problem with that. Also, drop in vievers and streamers is linked to new world obviously. If anyone just play albion because someone known is streaming it im not sure how to respond without being rude.
    • daklajakld wrote:

Isn't Albion doing well enough even without streamers ?

I agree that streaming help to draw awareness to Albion but as it stands, it gets enough awareness from other sources and the population is healthy.
      Not every game needs to be optimized for streamers imho and i fully agree that albion is not good to stream but i have no Problem with that. Also, drop in vievers and streamers is linked to new world obviously. If anyone just play albion because someone known is streaming it im not sure how to respond without being rude.
      i'll agree to disagree on this one. lewpac, stabber, Veetus, Nazori, Jonahveil, albionpewpew and a few others have drawn people to join the game when they were not playing. some of those guys almost had permanently 50-80k+ gold from doing referrals. that does mean that it's 500 gold per new player that joins and gets premium under a month of the account being created. so that exclude a bunch of people too in reality.

those impacts cannot be ignored imo.
    • I have been playing 9 hours every day for almost a year. 1st PVE content missing (new dungeons, hce, Avalonians, new content 2 ° people no longer do Pve because it is almost impossible without being killed, therefore the gankers have no one to kill 3rd the last video they uploaded seemed ridiculous to me, I was expecting something more exciting the last two expansions, they were bad and they said above, they take too long, I don't know if they want Albion to continue growing or they are just focused on something else, I hope it improves
    • Albion has a good streamer community. Shozen and AOTV do a good job with the War Report and Invasion days. I think the only issue with Albion is the content is slow and it is a full loot pvp game. ZvZ fights are exciting but it takes time to find good fights. On top of that, streaming ZvZ is not a good idea. Same with small group fights and open world pvp.
    • I have always said that Corrupted patch and the "fine tuning of weapons" that came after it was absolutely the worst thing that has happened to this game. You want small content? Go to stupid CDs got no other option and everything else is zerg zerg zerg. Albion used to be so much better with the adventurous black zone experience it used to offer... Now everything is so boring, monotonous. And what's worse is the game was purposely changed in this direction over a year. For that reason I truly hope that this game dies out one day and all the Devs and stupid decision makers in the company sit down and think about where they went wrong? Wtf did we do? Even tho I loved this game once and I owe it alot in terms of having fun. I want the game designers to emotionally suffer from all those horrible decisions they once took.
    • Ya but my preferred wrong spend effort is the AA change on quarterstaff..

It is like..i wanna say bro..are you trying to make fun on my pain??

Someone basically gave soldier boots for half a year 30 secs CD and on top immune slow root..and still not yet fixed

And now wants to warm me up with smother AA on QS..
    • Deathskills wrote:

daklajakld wrote:

Isn't Albion doing well enough even without streamers ?

i'll agree to disagree on this one. lewpac, stabber, Veetus, Nazori, Jonahveil, albionpewpew and a few others have drawn people to join the game when they were not playing. some of those guys almost had permanently 50-80k+ gold from doing referrals. that does mean that it's 500 gold per new player that joins and gets premium under a month of the account being created. so that exclude a bunch of people too in reality.
      those impacts cannot be ignored imo.
      I personally only joined this game because of JonahVeil, who I knew from previous games that we played together over the years. I also personally brought a couple people to the game that still play. Just a small example but to your point - having streamers showcase the game is ultimately good for the game.

Aurin wrote:

Albion has a good streamer community. Shozen and AOTV do a good job with the War Report and Invasion days. I think the only issue with Albion is the content is slow and it is a full loot pvp game. ZvZ fights are exciting but it takes time to find good fights. On top of that, streaming ZvZ is not a good idea. Same with small group fights and open world pvp.
      I'm going to completely disagree with you here. Yes, they show the game, but Shozen doesn't even play the game anymore and his actual knowledge of the game is extremely poor - almost insulting sometimes. His War Reports are bland and unenjoyable and often very inaccurate and outdated. Bogul is also a boring PVE/Crafting chad and it's almost like listening to Ben Stein when he casts.
      Robinhoodrs is the only one knowledgeable about the game while also being slightly entertaining.
      But overall, the AOTV stream is boring and rather poorly produced. It'd be nice if they could get some entertaining characters to cast for them that also play and understand the game, but my guess is that SBI can't afford a quality casting team like that.
      I highly doubt AOTV has brought anyone into playing the game.
      Individual streamers do a much better job of promoting the game (when they aren't talking about how trash it is or how trash SBI is at least).
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
    • Korn wrote:

Quagga wrote:

Reef wrote:

Developing biomes is like fckin joke. Who cares about this shit when there is 0 people in pvp zones or you need gank setup to catch someone...
      I care and so do a lot of other people I know.not everyone is a slave to the CD :)
      The biome changes are just one small part of the next update, additional dev talks will follow soon :)
      soon ..there will be balance and all the flaws gone!!

Hype!
    • Streaming the game drives ppl insane.
      With all the sniping and pretty much half the chat always being rude AF. The stream becoms 100% about the streamer and almost none about the game it the same in most MMOs. So its hard if ur not entertaining with a great personality. Just look at black desert in its prime Almost no one wathced it same with runescape ppl only watch the personalities.

In some of the good content you can watch is a bad idea to stream.

Edit: The balance complaints are pointless there is not a single MMO that got 100% perfect balance WoW with 1000s of devs got random 1shots and super OP classes every single patch. Same with LoL, HoTS and any other game where half the characters or more is unplayeble in the top 5%. The only thing that is needed is that the meta changes from time to time

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blueh ().