How this gank is even possible???

    • How this gank is even possible???

      Yeah, that guy ganked me like 5 times the same way and he succeded in all of them. I guess I have a stalker or something like that. I know, it sounds like a rant of a bad loser, but it isn't. I have been successfully ganked other times and I just accepted my fate because it was my fault and I commited several mistakes that lead me to my demise. But that guy in particular uses a ganking method that I'm willing to understand because it doesn't make any sense to me. Enough riff raff, let's go to the subject.

      So, this ganker basically flashes his name on the right bottom corner of the screen (yeah, the very one where the map is shown...). You can't see it unless you are VERY aware of your surroundings. Then he drinks an invisibility potion and engage a gank on you without you standing a minimum chance do use your mount. He also uses a set that blocks your sprint ability... easy kill, as long as I'm a gatherer. I was only able to discover how it happened when I recorded my gameplay (he was ganking me everyday, so I was ready to be ganked again and recorded beforehand).

      The question is: he needed to know my spot beforehand in order to make an approach by the right bottom corner of the screen, right? I'm not sure if he used the same method in the other ganks, but I'm almost sure he did because I'm very aware of my surroundings. He ganked me everytime I've tried to gather in the same way. So I really doubt it was just a coincidence... it was like he knew my position on the map and ganked me trough the right bottom corner flashing his name as a pretext that he did saw my name and I should have saw his. Approaching a player in invisibility without previously knowing his position would be VERY suspicious.

      But if you approach every single time a player by the same screen corner (the gank corner as I call it) you need to know previously his position without you spoting yours. That's very suspicious and that corner tag flash is just a way to say "Hey, I'm playing by the rules". It was like this guy had a full radar of the map, so I've made a search and... bingo. There's indeed a hack tool for Albion called Albion Radar Hack Tool. It shows the name, position and equipment of all players on the map. Easy peasy ganking gatherers with that crap. I'm not implying that this guy that ganked me 5 times was using that kind of cheat, but can you conceive a coherent explanation other than that?

      I've send the video to Sanbox, they just replied saying it was a common strategy of experienced gankers, but did they even considered how this guy knew where I was so he could approach by the right bottom corner of the screen? No. I was really pissed off, so I just ignored and retired from Albion from a while. Now I'm gathering in the (almost) safety of yellow zone. I say almost because I've hear a history of a T8 ox being dragged from a yellow to a red zone and looted (a loss of almost 70kk) just because the poor guy disabled the message that shows when you go to a pvp area.

      The only solution I can see atm is disabling the corner HUDs, such as map. If it is even possible do that. You will loose orientation i case you get ganked, but from all evils the lesser.

      I can't find any other reasonable explanation other than that, so if you manage to give me a coherent expo of how this guy knew where I was in order to approach in that angle, I'd appreciate.
    • Have you been in black or red zone?
      About cheaters - unfortunately there are in AO
      The reason is in not crypted game traffic. Only player coordinates are crypted. But... When you interact with some type environment cheaters are able to get your location
      And, also, client gets the information about nearest players before you see their nicknames in the corner of the screen
      That means cheaters see you Before you see them
      And there is no problems to them get info about your gear, because server give them this information

      The post was edited 1 time, last by fd2 ().

    • He's probably using radar, I've seen a few videos, he sees you way before you see him so he's got it easy.
      Try searching youtube and you'll see.
      It's used for both ganking/anti-ganking and gathering.
      Another hack that the EAC seems to be short on.
      Sad where AO is going.
    • Did not know about this type of cheating.

      Here are a couple of ways to escape from a solo ganker:

      1)Escape by using sprinting: Miner cap, Carving sword(You most use a sword with Iron will if you are going to use a sprint ability to escape), Fort Stearling cape, miner boots, invisibility potion, invisibility on chest piece.
      Combo:
      -Passive: Fort Sterling cape will prevent the first root/stun
      -D: Become immune to stuns, silence, roots for 5 seconds. Allows you to execute your skills and not being interrupted while doing so.
      -W: Iron will will prevent purge while this skill is active.
      -F: Run at 200% speed for 10 seconds and then mount up. If you get dismounted you will need to wait 3 additional seconds to cast anything else(The mount will be on cooldown)
      -E: Make some room to go invisible.
      -1: Go invisible
      -R: Use additional invisibility to buy some time for the mount cooldown(30 seconds when getting dismounted)

      2)Escape by using Invisibility: Miner cap, Bloodletter/Double blade staff/ Bear paws/Grove keeper/Mace, Fort Stearling cape, Specter shoes, invisibility potion, invisibility on chest piece.
      Combo:
      -Passive: Fort Sterling cape will prevent the first root/stun
      -D: Become immune to stuns, silence, roots for 5 seconds. Allows you to execute your skills and not being interrupted while doing so.
      -E&W: Get some distance from the attacker with your dash skills.
      -1+R: Use both invisibility skills.
      -F: Move in the opposite direction of the enemy player: The reason for this order is that the invisibility from the boots can be cancel by anything. If you have damage over time or the ganker use a reveal skill such as stalker jacket/stalker hood you are done.
    • its a wide screen bro (wider than a normal screen view). its common in albion i also got victimized by it so many times. and what makes it frustrating? albion itself allow it like its normal thing to the games. search on youtube there is a tutorial how to do wide view
    • LordNrixx wrote:

      its a wide screen bro (wider than a normal screen view). its common in albion i also got victimized by it so many times. and what makes it frustrating? albion itself allow it like its normal thing to the games. search on youtube there is a tutorial how to do wide view
      It's not a wide screen bro
      I have a wide screen and i know what i am talking about
    • awanmakan wrote:

      Can you upload your videos on Youtube? Let the others see it.
      I'm not in the mood of using my personal acc to upload a game video nor creating one just to upload a video that won't change nothing. Also I'd have to logoff all my acc to remove the one I've created just to upload the video (I'm very organized) and then logon again. But yes, I can upload the video. Here it is: files.fm/u/5u4uy3rww


      Borbarad wrote:

      Wide screen is only advantageous if you have high ground in open world.

      Anyway. If you die to solo ganker, you should learn how to play the game. It is pretty much impossible to die to solo ganker if you know what ur doing.
      It wasn't that simple. This guy blocked my sprint skill. Also, there was some weird frame/ms huge drops. I have a 3rd gen i7, Galax GTX 1060 6GB, 8 GB RAM. I play RE 7 smoothly on this PC, but this mobile game I play with this crazy frame drops. I have my doubst if it's the game's fault . There were providencial stutters that make me wonder if it could be a hack tool. Look at the video and you will have an idea of what I'm talking about.

      About wide screen monitors, that's an issue that I've addressed the community some time ago. A fog of war system would eliminate (if not reduce) the advantage wide screen players have on non wide screen players. It happens that accordingly to this topic (We need a Fog of War System ASAP!!!) there's already such system implemented. So accordingly with that you spot enemy's tag at the same time he spot yours.

      I have no idea if it's true or not because I haven't a wide screen monitor to make a comparison. There is no reason why wide screen would give you any advantage because it's a simple matter of adding a fog of war system on the game. I believe they already done that.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Auriden: Additional info. ().

    • Auriden wrote:


      It wasn't that simple. This guy blocked my sprint skill.
      Honestly, if you say he " blocked your sprint skill " that means you dont even know how that works.

      If instead of this post, you looked youtube or maybe checked basic abilities to understand how not to get ganked, that would be it.

      This is why people in open world sucks. Gatherers especially. 99 out of 100 gatherers i solo kill are utter trash that didn´t bother looking into the game mechanics at all.
      It´s crazy that people like that go into black zone. The hideouts being safe really spoiled people to the point it feels that even in T8 zone, people there are playing like it´s still tutorial zone.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Auriden wrote:

      awanmakan wrote:

      Can you upload your videos on Youtube? Let the others see it.
      I'm not in the mood of using my personal acc to upload a game video nor creating one just to upload a video that won't change nothing. Also I'd have to logoff all my acc to remove the one I've created just to upload the video (I'm very organized) and then logon again. But yes, I can upload the video. Here it is: files.fm/u/5u4uy3rww

      Borbarad wrote:

      Wide screen is only advantageous if you have high ground in open world.

      Anyway. If you die to solo ganker, you should learn how to play the game. It is pretty much impossible to die to solo ganker if you know what ur doing.
      It wasn't that simple. This guy blocked my sprint skill. Also, there was some weird frame/ms huge drops. I have a 3rd gen i7, Galax GTX 1060 6GB, 8 GB RAM. I play RE 7 smoothly on this PC, but this mobile game I play with this crazy frame drops. I have my doubst if it's the game's fault . There were providencial stutters that make me wonder if it could be a hack tool. Look at the video and you will have an idea of what I'm talking about.
      About wide screen monitors, that's an issue that I've addressed the community some time ago. A fog of war system would eliminate (if not reduce) the advantage wide screen players have on non wide screen players. It happens that accordingly to this topic (We need a Fog of War System ASAP!!!) there's already such system implemented. So accordingly with that you spot enemy's tag at the same time he spot yours.

      I have no idea if it's true or not because I haven't a wide screen monitor to make a comparison. There is no reason why wide screen would give you any advantage because it's a simple matter of adding a fog of war system on the game. I believe they already done that.
      bro, you are not paying attention to your soroundings i see where he came from before he used invi pots. i saw his almost blurd hp on the bottom of your screen and i can say its a wide screen indeed that what makes him dismounted already coz he knew there is a person on the target area + a volume effects that allow people to know if there is some activity going on.. NO, THATS NOT A CHEAT..

      anyway this wide screen should not be allowed in the game the camera hight/lenght should all be equal..

      The post was edited 2 times, last by LordNrixx ().

    • LordNrixx wrote:

      Auriden wrote:

      I'm not in the mood of using my personal acc to upload a game video nor creating one just to upload a video that won't change nothing. Also I'd have to logoff all my acc to remove the one I've created just to upload the video (I'm very organized) and then logon again. But yes, I can upload the video. Here it is: files.fm/u/5u4uy3rww
      It wasn't that simple. This guy blocked my sprint skill. Also, there was some weird frame/ms huge drops. I have a 3rd gen i7, Galax GTX 1060 6GB, 8 GB RAM. I play RE 7 smoothly on this PC, but this mobile game I play with this crazy frame drops. I have my doubst if it's the game's fault . There were providencial stutters that make me wonder if it could be a hack tool. Look at the video and you will have an idea of what I'm talking about.About wide screen monitors, that's an issue that I've addressed the community some time ago. A fog of war system would eliminate (if not reduce) the advantage wide screen players have on non wide screen players. It happens that accordingly to this topic (We need a Fog of War System ASAP!!!) there's already such system implemented. So accordingly with that you spot enemy's tag at the same time he spot yours.

      I have no idea if it's true or not because I haven't a wide screen monitor to make a comparison. There is no reason why wide screen would give you any advantage because it's a simple matter of adding a fog of war system on the game. I believe they already done that.
      bro, you are not paying attention to your soroundings i see where he came from before he used invi pots. i saw his almost blurd hp on the bottom of your screen and i can say its a wide screen indeed that what makes him dismounted already coz he knew there is a person on the target area + a volume effects that allow people to know if there is some activity going on.. NO, THATS NOT A CHEAT..
      anyway this wide screen should not be allowed in the game the camera hight/lenght should all be equal..
      the aspect ratio 21:9 is pretty standard (16:9 being the regular aspect for 1080x1920).

      In Albion, nametags appears at the same distances on all sides except 1. Names appear faster or you can see peoples "legs" before seeing the name (really briefly) when coming from the south.
      And obviously due to character placement and FOV on the north, you see less on the south until the nametags distance is reach so they appear.

      So it is possible even without aspect ratio changes to get on someone from the south with less chances of them seeing you and obviously trying to come from SE can lead to the person not seeing due to the map UI being in the way (which is smart and a valid tactic just really hard to use consistently).

      so you didn't pay attention to your surroundings like multiple people pointed out, you don't understand basic FOV mechanics of the game either (hence why people had to explain that there is already a Fog of war for nametags) and lastly, turn that music down and raise effects volume since you can hear people dismounting almost 2 screens away from you if you did not know. being deaf on top of blind will guarantee you of getting ganked. (fighting sounds and mount/dismount are drastically louder than gathering sounds imo)