Another Community Manager reporting for duty!

• Shadowbrick wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

yet here I am
    Any chance you could actually do your job and answer a very serious question and answer a ToS question then ... ?
    I saw your question but unfortunately I can't make a decision or statement on that myself and I had a feeling just saying "we're aware of if" wasn't the answer you wanted to hear (and most likely already heard before). Since I'm new in the company (and haven't annoyed people too much yet) I can definitely bring it up again.
    Well? how long can it take for a simple answer to a simple question??
    Midgard
    T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
    T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • Midgard wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

yet here I am
    Any chance you could actually do your job and answer a very serious question and answer a ToS question then ... ?
    I saw your question but unfortunately I can't make a decision or statement on that myself and I had a feeling just saying "we're aware of if" wasn't the answer you wanted to hear (and most likely already heard before). Since I'm new in the company (and haven't annoyed people too much yet) I can definitely bring it up again.
    I'll answer for you then.

The referral program is bound by its own Terms and Conditions.

Violation of these terms and the resulting action is spelled out in section 8

8.4.1. clause 8.2. or 8.3.1., the User will no longer be able to generate new Referrals, and existing Referrals will no longer be able to become Qualified Referrals. Referrals that are already Qualified Referrals at the time the termination becomes effective will still be able to become Vested Qualified Referrals.

8.4.2. clause 8.3.2 the User will no longer be able to generate new Referrals and all of the User’s existing Referrals will be disqualified. Sandbox Interactive shall also have the right, in their sole discretion, to recover previously given Rewards from a User’s Account if such Rewards were obtained by the User being in breach of a duty under these Terms or the general Terms and Conditions and/or such Rewards that were disqualified retroactively and the claw back according to 5.5 has failed.

Violation of those terms and conditions is NOT a violation of the Albion Online Terms and Conditions as a whole.
    Guild Master of American Craftsman
    ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
    T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester, Fisher
  • RenKatal wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

yet here I am
    I'll answer for you then.
    The referral program is bound by its own Terms and Conditions.

Violation of these terms and the resulting action is spelled out in section 8

8.4.1. clause 8.2. or 8.3.1., the User will no longer be able to generate new Referrals, and existing Referrals will no longer be able to become Qualified Referrals. Referrals that are already Qualified Referrals at the time the termination becomes effective will still be able to become Vested Qualified Referrals.

8.4.2. clause 8.3.2 the User will no longer be able to generate new Referrals and all of the User’s existing Referrals will be disqualified. Sandbox Interactive shall also have the right, in their sole discretion, to recover previously given Rewards from a User’s Account if such Rewards were obtained by the User being in breach of a duty under these Terms or the general Terms and Conditions and/or such Rewards that were disqualified retroactively and the claw back according to 5.5 has failed.

Violation of those terms and conditions is NOT a violation of the Albion Online Terms and Conditions as a whole.
    Thanks, but I’ve read them myself. I want clarification from SBI as to if and how their TOS is being enforced.
    Midgard
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • Midgard wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

Since I'm new in the company (and haven't annoyed people too much yet) I can definitely bring it up again.
    How did bringing it up again go ...?
    @Shadowbrick No comment? Have you thrown up the wall of silence too like @Nesnes and pretty much everyone else who works for SBI?
    Midgard
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • Midgard wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

Since I'm new in the company (and haven't annoyed people too much yet) I can definitely bring it up again.
    @Shadowbrick No comment? Have you thrown up the wall of silence too like @Nesnes and pretty much everyone else who works for SBI?
    This is so sad and true... If I don't bring an answer to my customer for 2 weeks, she/he is no longer my customer.
  • Ashoracky wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

This is so sad and true... If I don't bring an answer to my customer for 2 weeks, she/he is no longer my customer.
    stop bashing them..

They are working on more visuals that are really incredible.

On top it is not easy to fix all that balance issues. Retro is pushing all 4-6 weeks at least 10 changes with new values, that all have to be tested and given feedback.

On top they have office in Germany which still has COVID restrictions.

So be a little patient and let them do their work they are ready as soon as they are ready.

HYPE!
  • Trial_hard wrote:

Ashoracky wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

stop bashing them..
    They are working on more visuals that are really incredible.

On top it is not easy to fix all that balance issues. Retro is pushing all 4-6 weeks at least 10 changes with new values, that all have to be tested and given feedback.

So be a little patient and let them do their work they are ready as soon as they are ready.

HYPE!
    You misunderstand what a community manager job is then...
  • Ashoracky wrote:

Trial_hard wrote:

Ashoracky wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

stop bashing them..They are working on more visuals that are really incredible.

HYPE!
    and you might misunderstand that sometimes things need to get through a lot of approval before being released in front of everyone's eyes on top of finding the more urgent prios that needs to be answered.

Obviously, in this case, could be great if even a message like "sorry, got overwhelmed with other prios, request was asked, waiting on return, please understand currently the focus is the upcoming update and making sure this short season goes well without further hiccups. We didn't forget your request, it might/is on hold due to xyz circumstances."

but yeah i can easily see that there's higher prio than answering this specific request on the forum
  • Deathskills wrote:

Ashoracky wrote:

Trial_hard wrote:

Ashoracky wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

stop bashing them..They are working on more visuals that are really incredible.

HYPE!
    and you might misunderstand that sometimes things need to get through a lot of approval before being released in front of everyone's eyes on top of finding the more urgent prios that needs to be answered.
    Obviously, in this case, could be great if even a message like "sorry, got overwhelmed with other prios, request was asked, waiting on return, please understand currently the focus is the upcoming update and making sure this short season goes well without further hiccups. We didn't forget your request, it might/is on hold due to xyz circumstances."

but yeah i can easily see that there's higher prio than answering this specific request on the forum
    I totally understand it and as I said 2 weeks after we were told that it will be brought up again is far too long as this should have been adressed much earlier. This problem exists for months...

Please don't mix devs job to a community managers job, they have totally different tasks and prios. CMs are here to answer and address our issues as they said in their introduction.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ashoracky ().

• Ashoracky wrote:

Deathskills wrote:

Ashoracky wrote:

Trial_hard wrote:

Ashoracky wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

stop bashing them..They are working on more visuals that are really incredible.On top it is not easy to fix all that balance issues. Retro is pushing all 4-6 weeks at least 10 changes with new values, that all have to be tested and given feedback.

HYPE!
    and you might misunderstand that sometimes things need to get through a lot of approval before being released in front of everyone's eyes on top of finding the more urgent prios that needs to be answered.Obviously, in this case, could be great if even a message like "sorry, got overwhelmed with other prios, request was asked, waiting on return, please understand currently the focus is the upcoming update and making sure this short season goes well without further hiccups. We didn't forget your request, it might/is on hold due to xyz circumstances."

I totally understand it and as I said 2 weeks after we were told that it will be brought up again is far too long as this should have been adressed much earlier. This problem exists for months...
    Please don't mix devs job to a community managers job, they have totally different tasks and prios. CMs are here to answer and address our issues as they said in their introduction.
    you must be new here..a few weeks..

We veterans are other iron...we start first after 6 months with ..hello ..

After a year we start with Ironie..

And after several years you are allowed to scream ..

2 weeks..this guy... someone has this Mexican laughing guy meme??
  • Trial_hard wrote:

Ashoracky wrote:

Deathskills wrote:

Ashoracky wrote:

Trial_hard wrote:

Ashoracky wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

stop bashing them..They are working on more visuals that are really incredible.On top it is not easy to fix all that balance issues. Retro is pushing all 4-6 weeks at least 10 changes with new values, that all have to be tested and given feedback.

HYPE!
    and you might misunderstand that sometimes things need to get through a lot of approval before being released in front of everyone's eyes on top of finding the more urgent prios that needs to be answered.Obviously, in this case, could be great if even a message like "sorry, got overwhelmed with other prios, request was asked, waiting on return, please understand currently the focus is the upcoming update and making sure this short season goes well without further hiccups. We didn't forget your request, it might/is on hold due to xyz circumstances."
    I totally understand it and as I said 2 weeks after we were told that it will be brought up again is far too long as this should have been adressed much earlier. This problem exists for months...Please don't mix devs job to a community managers job, they have totally different tasks and prios. CMs are here to answer and address our issues as they said in their introduction.
    you must be new here..a few weeks..
    We veterans are other iron...we start first after 6 months with ..hello ..

After a year we start with Ironie..

And after several years you are allowed to scream ..

2 weeks..this guy... someone has this Mexican laughing guy meme??
    ?
  • Ashoracky wrote:

Deathskills wrote:

Ashoracky wrote:

Trial_hard wrote:

Ashoracky wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

HYPE!

oh and don't forget that the question asked has legal implications for the company. which means any answers that come back must go through legal and the answer probably comes from legal too. so that means it might take a while to get an answer on top of that.

i've been around Community dev's, reps, and managers to know a bit more and more often than not they are often held up late by other departments on answers if it is outside of any "basic" metrics due to having to put the request in and waiting for the answer and like in this case, having to run the potential answer through legal for obvious reasons.

So if you think CM just reply on forum and social media, you are a little bit wrong, they do a shit ton more than that.
    and when taking in consideration the studio size of SBI, you can't expect as quick answers as way bigger studios too.

Patience is there, i trust the CM and the Com Dev will come through, just need to let them have the time to deal with all they do need to do and get prio's right and focus on what is needed.

This problem has existed for a freaking long time. however, due to the current "newer" system, it is so obvious and easy to track the skins that lots of people are getting banned due to those changes since they get caught logging in on multiple accounts and all centralizing the skins to bulk sale after.
    the current amount of skins for the last season (snow leopard) are not as many as previous seasons due to people not being able to offload asap the extra skins. they need to hold onto each account for multiple months making it a pain in the ass and super easy to track compared to before since the skins are only tradeable starting on x specific day.
    unusual activity is easier to notice due to this. so a newer system does help mitigate the skin self-referral abuse by a decent bunch. it isn't perfect but it is already a good step in the right direction.

so to sum it all, you say you understand but i don't think you truly understand how communication can be lengthy between departments in the game industry especially when it comes down to the legal one, shit can take forever even for basic answers.

And again, an update that things are ongoing and being discussed is still better than full silence, that is true.
  • Deathskills wrote:

Ashoracky wrote:

Deathskills wrote:

Ashoracky wrote:

Trial_hard wrote:

Ashoracky wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

HYPE!
    I totally understand it and as I said 2 weeks after we were told that it will be brought up again is far too long as this should have been adressed much earlier. This problem exists for months...Please don't mix devs job to a community managers job, they have totally different tasks and prios. CMs are here to answer and address our issues as they said in their introduction.
    oh and don't forget that the question asked has legal implications for the company. which means any answers that come back must go through legal and the answer probably comes from legal too. so that means it might take a while to get an answer on top of that.
    i've been around Community dev's, reps, and managers to know a bit more and more often than not they are often held up late by other departments on answers if it is outside of any "basic" metrics due to having to put the request in and waiting for the answer and like in this case, having to run the potential answer through legal for obvious reasons.

So if you think CM just reply on forum and social media, you are a little bit wrong, they do a shit ton more than that.
    and when taking in consideration the studio size of SBI, you can't expect as quick answers as way bigger studios too.

Patience is there, i trust the CM and the Com Dev will come through, just need to let them have the time to deal with all they do need to do and get prio's right and focus on what is needed.

This problem has existed for a freaking long time. however, due to the current "newer" system, it is so obvious and easy to track the skins that lots of people are getting banned due to those changes since they get caught logging in on multiple accounts and all centralizing the skins to bulk sale after.
    the current amount of skins for the last season (snow leopard) are not as many as previous seasons due to people not being able to offload asap the extra skins. they need to hold onto each account for multiple months making it a pain in the ass and super easy to track compared to before since the skins are only tradeable starting on x specific day.
    unusual activity is easier to notice due to this. so a newer system does help mitigate the skin self-referral abuse by a decent bunch. it isn't perfect but it is already a good step in the right direction.

so to sum it all, you say you understand but i don't think you truly understand how communication can be lengthy between departments in the game industry especially when it comes down to the legal one, shit can take forever even for basic answers.

And again, an update that things are ongoing and being discussed is still better than full silence, that is true.
    Yes, I do understand and know how these decisions are being made and that they need to go through multiple departments etc. to see the light. How do I know that? Because I work in a much bigger company than SBI is.

I never said CMs are ONLY here to sit and answer our questions, I just wanna feel that, as they said, they recognized lack of communication between devs and us and will answer faster than previous CM.
    What I don't understand and what triggers me the most is that they don't have an answer that should have been here for like months or maybe even years. Legal department mostly adresses this kind of issue immediately as they got a copy&paste answer to it. So 2 weeks for a copy&paste answer is long enough for me. I agree with you, they should have said they are working on it or stuff like that.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Ashoracky ().

• Midgard wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

@Shadowbrick @Nesnes

still not the courtesy of a reply to. ToS question??
    Midgard
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • Shadowbrick wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Shadowbrick wrote:

yet here I am
    Almost a month passed... Do you have an answer ready?