Spear Need more Nerf , only 40% to 32% is not enough .

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Spear Need more Nerf , only 40% to 32% is not enough .

So , If we have 1 stacks , it's only nerf 100%-(100%+32%)/(100%+40%) = 5.8%
      2 stacks , 100%-(100%+32*2%)/(100%+40*2%) = 8.9%
      3 stacks , 100%-(100%+32*3%)/(100%+40*3%) = 11%

Spear still get a lot of sustained DMG from Q after break out.

At least , nerf 20% auto attack DMG on Spear's Q.

(100%+40*3%)*(1-20%) = 176% , (176%-100%)/3 = 25.33% , like 40% to 25% is enough.

Btw , Please nerf Royal Boots... , make 8% to 7% will be awesome.
    • Fabrizziou wrote:

why not ask for remove spears from the game?

Imasquash wrote:

They are trying to balance spears, not kill them.

Your proposal will gut the 3 one handed spear options.
      Lamo , nerf 10% to 20% is kill spear?
      I math to explain why it not nerf enough and still cant understand?
      I see , Player not realize Spear's Big brain Q is broken.
      Also , I say nerf 10% to 20% is when it stacks 3 times , accually it's only nerf 5.8% to 8.9% when it stacks 1 time.

Remeber do your math homework Lamo
    • i bet you are corupted dg player.. this corupted content is killing the open world. sbi should not listen to corupted players this is a open world game. everytime someone cries over op weapon in cdg the open world is affected..

sbi should not focus on 1 layer aspect of the game..
    • LordNrixx wrote:

i bet you are corupted dg player.. this corupted content is killing the open world. sbi should not listen to corupted players this is a open world game. everytime someone cries over op weapon in cdg the open world is affected..

sbi should not focus on 1 layer aspect of the game..
      WTF it is no matter open world or CD , if u objective calculate spear's Q DMG with your math , u will see its unreasonable.
      Always have people saying about "this game is not service CD players rrrrurrrurur"
      But they even cant use objective data to tell use that is not quiet OP as peopele think
      Answer Me , spear's Q have long range AOE(8m) , 120%(or 96%) AA DMG , Good skill DMG.
      Compare other melee's Q is that fucking Balance???????????????????
      SBI should not focus on CD , but should not let some skill OverPower , Understand????????????????
    • k993dy wrote:

(100%+40*3%)*(1-20%) = 176% , (176%-100%)/3 = 25.33% , like 40% to 25% is enough.

great math, please show me the damage equivalent as to why the numbers should change from where they're current projection is and where you think it should be as to why it's enough. Numbers are cool but show us how the numbers can also affect the playstyle of the weapon line in question.
    • Fuhcew2 wrote:

k993dy wrote:

great math, please show me the damage equivalent as to why the numbers should change from where they're current projection is and where you think it should be as to why it's enough. Numbers are cool but show us how the numbers can also affect the playstyle of the weapon line in question.
      Ok , So Let's see all Q of melee with their highest DMG , these data is from 0 spec / T6 / 900 IP / two-hands.
      (Formula : Skills DMG/s + AAdmg/s + Bouns effect)
      ---Fighter---
      Great Sword's Q1 : Single target / 3s Cooldown / 237 DMG / 36% AS+MS with 3 stacks / 78 AAdmg per sec
      237/3 + 99*136% = 213 Q+AA dmg per sec & 36%MS

Great Axe's Q3 : If u only Q twice and dont let Q cooldown 6s , plus its dot dmg will be like
      152*2/2.5 + 99 + 77*3/6 = 259 Q+AA+Dot dmg per sec

Great Axe's Q1 : But axe's real singel target skill is Q1
      164/2 + 99 + 77*3/6 = 219 Q+AA+Dot dmg per sec

Dagger Pair's Q1 : Single target / 2s Cooldown / 212 DMG / Reduce 11 Resistance for Player
      212/2 + 105 = 211 Q+AA dmg per sec & Reduce 11 Resistance for Player
      ---Tank---
      QuarterStaff's Q1 : Single target / 3s Cooldown / 250 DMG / Stun enemy when stack three times
      250/3 + 90 = 173 Q+AA dmg per sec & Stun enemy when stack three times

Great Hammer's Q2 : Single target / 3s Cooldown / 265 DMG
      265/3 + 87 = 175 Q+AA dmg per sec

Heavy Mace's Q1 : Single target / 3s Cooldown / 203 DMG / Give teammate Resistance
      203/3 + 87 = 154 Q+AA dmg per sec & More Resistance
      ---NoBarinSpear---
      Pike's Q1 : AOE / 3s Cooldown / 237 DMG / Plus 32% AAdmg every stacks
      237/3 + 99*196% = 273 Q+AA dmg per sec

This DMG seems near Axe's Q3 , but ...
      1.Axe's Q3 is good at Aoe , But if u use it in Team fight , u need use it 3 times to loot enemy and let it in 6s Cooldown , its dmg will decrease a lot.
      2.If u use Axe's Q3 to 1v1 or 2v2 , its range only 3m , and Spear's Q1 is 8m
      3.Even in Open world 1v1 , Spear can use Passive 4 to get 40% AS , plus its 96% AAdmg will be overpower in single target.

Compare like Dagger's Q1 / Axe's Q1 / QuarterStaff's Q1 / Great Hammer's Q2 , they are also Focus single target ,
      I know these Q is burst out style , Spear's AAdmg buff more like enduring DMG , but if u compare with Axe Q1 or Other Q...
      273 DMG / 219 DMG = 1.24 time , it's still too much , Even I not calculate with AS Passive.

If Spear's Q1 really nerf 40 to 25% as I say , that will be...
      237/3 + 99*175% = 252 Q+AA dmg per sec
      252 DMG / 219 DMG = 1.15 time , even it seems a lot of nerf for Spear , but accually only nerf 20% on its AAdmg (as I post before)

At last , I Sort out why Spear's Q OP in my case.
      1.When it have 40% AAdmg , it will make 237/3 + 99*220% = 296 DMG , more than Other melee 296 / 219 = 1.35 time.
      2.With AAdmg Buff , its Passive will more Powerful than Other Melee (Attack speed & Lifesteel)
      3.Range , whatever Q1 or Q2's range with BIG DMG is OP , if we nerf Spear's AAdmg , the Range will be OK

The post was edited 7 times, last by k993dy ().

• Now that doesn't seem unreasonable. I did see someone else make mention of this type of nerf would kill 1 handed spears. The two handed spear playstyle is just face rolling when 1h spears don't trade effectively just face tanking everything. Giving the opponent more opportunity to space the attacks by lowering the Q2 range 2h spears play style is known for should achieve the effect everyone seems to be upset about, it doesn't just seem to be the damage, but also when they're almost half the tile away and some how the AA procs.
    • Fuhcew2 wrote:

Now that doesn't seem unreasonable. I did see someone else make mention of this type of nerf would kill 1 handed spears. The two handed spear playstyle is just face rolling when 1h spears don't trade effectively just face tanking everything. Giving the opponent more opportunity to space the attacks by lowering the Q2 range 2h spears play style is known for should achieve the effect everyone seems to be upset about, it doesn't just seem to be the damage, but also when they're almost half the tile away and some how the AA procs.
      But your problem is talking about 1h spear's E not Q , and I can tell u this situation is close to Dual Sword v.s Broad Sword
      The only different is 1h spear can kiting with Long range Q & E , and Dual Sword is good at Group fight.
      If u think 1h spear is weaker than other 2h spear , u can watch this guy's video :
      youtube.com/channel/UCk2cIPmF20-DhPiYy-hNc-Qyoutube.com/channel/UCk2cIPmF20-DhPiYy-hNc-Q
      He always ganking with 1h spear , even 1v3 or 1v5.
      1h spear is not good at 1v1 in face is true , but spear's Q is broken is also true , 1h spear is flexible to kiting fight is more true and true.

Trial_hard wrote:

Problem with 2q of spear is the autolock and Autoattack

But as we are now a mobile game u will potentially see less and less skillshots and more and more button smash...

2q of spear or Xboxes q even bolts E are perfect example of brainless no skill mega DPS
      IDK what r u talking about , xboxes Q and bolts E is exist by long time ago , in that situation is not exist "mobile game" on Albion
      Spear's Q2 is used like ranged weapon , so its calculation is differen with Q1 , but if that DMG get nerf it will be GREAT.
      I know this game is a lot of TAP TO WIN , it is a big problem for a long time , no matter mobile game or not.
    • @k993dy
      FYI: casting skills resets your "swingback" AA animation to it's default value, disregarding attack speed buffs, which is the longest for spears from all of the melee lines, depending on spear this ranges from 0.91s for 1h spears and up to 1.11s and 1.24s for glaive and other 2h spears respectively, so the actual spear DPS with Q1 is somewhat lower that it seems.
      Although some spells do not reset your "swingback" animation allowing you to cast them seamlessly between autoattacks, first and foremost: Spirit Spear (spear Q2) and Poison (mage cowl) come to mind.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Hattenhair wrote:

@k993dy
      FYI: casting skills resets your "swingback" AA animation to it's default value, disregarding attack speed buffs, which is the longest for spears from all of the melee lines, depending on spear this ranges from 0.91s for 1h spears and up to 1.11s and 1.24s for glaive and other 2h spears respectively, so the actual spear DPS with Q1 is somewhat lower that it seems.
      Although some spells do not reset your "swingback" animation allowing you to cast them seamlessly between autoattacks, first and foremost: Spirit Spear (spear Q2) and Poison (mage cowl) come to mind.
      I know but it is too hard to calculate with swingback , thx for your FYI.

Borbarad wrote:

Issue is with the spirit spear Q, not with skillshot Q.

Insane range, no skillshots, insane damage, on top of that insane lifesteal from autoattacks that scales brutally well with cloth.

That´s too much.

First Q is fine, but the second Q is not.
      ya Q2 is OP , but I math a long word to Prove Q1 also OP.
      no matter what , Spear get too many free DMG with its AAdmg Buff
      If someone really dont know why Q2 OP , maybe I will calculate its situation.