Give us new local servers!

• Give us new local servers!

I live in Australia and I cannot compete in PvP because of my ping.
      The servers are already overcrowded, so there's no good reason to have this limitation.
      New World was released this week and they have servers available in Australia. The only reason I'm leaving Albion is for this reason...
      This game has a huge global population, so it seems foolish to limit it to only one country.
    • That is the most ridiculous answer and completely not true.

Albion is an MMO, like many other successful MMOs, it could cater to the rest of the world.

Is FF online empty? is World of Warcraft empty? Is New World Empty?

Sick of hearing this ignorant response to the single Albion server (which by the way is overcrowded), usually comes from people who haven't played many MMOs.
    • Biffski wrote:

That is the most ridiculous answer and completely not true.

Albion is an MMO, like many other successful MMOs, it could cater to the rest of the world.

Is FF online empty? is World of Warcraft empty? Is New World Empty?

Sick of hearing this ignorant response to the single Albion server (which by the way is overcrowded), usually comes from people who haven't played many MMOs.
      thx for showing you don't understand albion isn't just an mmo. it's a full loot pvp mmo. not just another pve grinder made for carebears. if you'd get out of the royals and archganistan, you'd notice that bz is mostly empty and roads are mostly safe too.

so your feeling of overcrowded is just because you can't leave blue and yellow zones...
    • I've played every MMO since 1998 and the only ones I cared for were the full loot PvP ones.
      Regarding your comment about blue zones, I actually went straight to black zone after tutorial island to do level 6 dungeon maps with tier 4 gear, and onto corrupted after that. I actually never did blue zone at all.
      But this is beside the point.
      Anyways.. off to play another full loot pvp game (like Albion), and its called New World. It has an Australian server, funny that!

Bye Albion.
    • Biffski wrote:

I've played every MMO since 1998 and the only ones I cared for were the full loot PvP ones.
      Regarding your comment about blue zones, I actually went straight to black zone after tutorial island to do level 6 dungeon maps with tier 4 gear, and onto corrupted after that. I actually never did blue zone at all.
      Anyways.. off to play another full loot pvp game (like Albion), and its called New World. It has an Australian server, funny that!

Bye Albion.
      NW is going to fall because the many servers. Albion is ok with "one" server.

Close the door. Bye.
    • While i agree that he should be careful that the door wont hit his back, overall ping is an issue and for a good while Sandbox Interactive is changing skills to make pvp and pve quicker and more responsive with less reaction times and faster cast times.

I love that fact and apprecitate it but it does indeed give more advantages to low ping players and the combat is slowly shifting from something were low ping and high reaction speed players had only slight to medium advantages into a szenario were their advantages are very visible.

and fuck new world, these oh so new and inovative open world games come and go like seasons and i dont need another grinder in my life im stacked with albion
    • Biffski wrote:

I've played every MMO since 1998 and the only ones I cared for were the full loot PvP ones.

Bye Albion.
      except NW does not have full loot, they turned it off because people bitched about it so go play another pve grind game... ALbion is the only one right now offering this type of content (except if you compare to eve or UO (which is a little outdated imo) or maybe runescape but that only works for 1v1 instead of any bigger scale fights).
      So enjoy your 2 weeks in NW and make sure to come back to Albion after like most people will!
    • I have played ablion on 230+ ping since launch. It is easy to play with that latency. I beats playing LoL on US servers years ago with 300+ ping.

The ignorance though of understanding the game mechanics of Albion however is astounding. Theoretically if they put regional servers in, you'd have a population of a few 100 AUS/NZ players. Unless you want that server flooded with all the South-East/East Asian players then you get a few 1000. Regardless that is not enough players to fill the BZ. That is not enough players to create content. You will have a four-six hour window of "competitive" player during everyone's prime time. And for the rest of the day there will be T8 nodes rotting untouched, small groups taking castles uncontested.

Remember, that in Australia your ping is still better than those in SEA countries.
    • On Portugal I had a albion server latency around 120-140, not bad. Recently my internet provider upgrade my connection speed to 500mb and now albion server latency is 110-120, good improvement.

I have seen some USA streamers with latency around 30-50, on a PVP situation they will have a small advantage because their refresh is twice faster than mine
    • Deathskills wrote:

except NW does not have full loot, they turned it off because people bitched about it so go play another pve grind game... ALbion is the only one right now offering this type of content (except if you compare to eve or UO (which is a little outdated imo) or maybe runescape but that only works for 1v1 instead of any bigger scale fights).So enjoy your 2 weeks in NW and make sure to come back to Albion after like most people will!
      There is Tibia too. Though rn you can have so many safe measures that is hard to drop something unless you are red/black skull.
    • noxmortus wrote:

I have played ablion on 230+ ping since launch. It is easy to play with that latency. I beats playing LoL on US servers years ago with 300+ ping.

The ignorance though of understanding the game mechanics of Albion however is astounding. Theoretically if they put regional servers in, you'd have a population of a few 100 AUS/NZ players. Unless you want that server flooded with all the South-East/East Asian players then you get a few 1000. Regardless that is not enough players to fill the BZ. That is not enough players to create content. You will have a four-six hour window of "competitive" player during everyone's prime time. And for the rest of the day there will be T8 nodes rotting untouched, small groups taking castles uncontested.

Remember, that in Australia your ping is still better than those in SEA countries.
      Bro cant agree more. That is exactly how Eve online's Chinese server dies. After several years of developing, finally the nullsec (same as black zone in Albion) was ruled by one single alliance and its allies, and the contents in that server is no longer good. I totally understand that people dont like the lag but dividing the game into several servers will kill the contents. This game is nothing like those traditional RPG games.
    • See dude, one server to rule them all. The high ping players are seen as contents. They cared more for their prime time ignoring the prime time of SEA/AUS. It sucks that when you complain of lag they tell you to move countries then get met with "Go back to your own country".
    • noxmortus wrote:

I have played ablion on 230+ ping since launch. It is easy to play with that latency. I beats playing LoL on US servers years ago with 300+ ping.

Some good points here, but there's no harm in setting this up at least as an experiment to confirm this.

Also, Aussie/NZ have the highest pings in the world when connecting to USA. SEA are 100 to 200.... we are 250 which can be reduced to 230 with VNP.

I'm also gutted that New World completely ditched their full loot pvp system.. that economy will be completely stale, without the chance of gear dropping or breaking.

It's fucking frustrating not being able to be competitive in decent games, all because of location. Shitty time to be alive, going to miss all the fun in the future.