Good NDA changes today retroman

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Good NDA changes today retroman

Very nice changes today @Retroman

ZvZ weapons (weeping and galatine) damage revert is Good hope to see more
      weeping could use a little more help though

Holy changes are Good and reasonable
      and a good change to holy flash

Mace changes are meta changing
      • Sacred Ground (all Maces)
        • Cast Time: 0.8s -> 0.6s
        • Enemies inside the area are now slowed by 20%
      • Guard Rune (all Maces)
        • Now allies inside the area are immune to forced movement and stun
        • Resistance Increase: 0.20 -> 0.25
        • Removed the Healing Increased bonus
      • Battle Howl (Heavy Mace)
        • Cooldown: 20s -> 15s

i love it i hope to see guard rune affect 5v5 and ZvZ

Spears aa nerf abit too hard
      i believe 35% is a good point to stop at. more testing required

Hammer iron breaker nerf
      Is this really needed?

Changes i want to see.
      Skill changes to bow tree since regular bow is out of the picture. you cannot even PvE with it in Corrupted dungeons the stack fall off duration was too harsh
      Arcane with better scaling in abilities
      Buff underused off hands. Eye of secrets, celestial censer, regular shield "cc resistance", Caitiff shield "cc duration" (shield in general get X% increased healing received this would help tanks get more healing and survive being a tank)
      rework jacket of tenacity
      buff druid robe because cleric robe is generaly better than it in every way right now
      buff cowl of purity hit box and projectile speed
      Buff Halberd because it was hit the hardest by bleed changes and never stood back up
      Buff heavy crossbow

Feel free to share your thoughts on weather these changes by retroman here you like and dislike
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • The_Support_God wrote:

Very nice changes today @Retroman

ZvZ weapons (weeping and galatine) damage revert is Good hope to see more
      weeping could use a little more help though

Holy changes are Good and reasonable
      and a good change to holy flash

Mace changes are meta changing
      • Sacred Ground (all Maces)
        • Cast Time: 0.8s -> 0.6s
        • Enemies inside the area are now slowed by 20%
      • Guard Rune (all Maces)
        • Now allies inside the area are immune to forced movement and stun
        • Resistance Increase: 0.20 -> 0.25
        • Removed the Healing Increased bonus
      • Battle Howl (Heavy Mace)
        • Cooldown: 20s -> 15s

i love it i hope to see guard rune affect 5v5 and ZvZ

Spears aa nerf abit too hard
      i believe 35% is a good point to stop at. more testing required

Hammer iron breaker nerf
      Is this really needed?

Changes i want to see.
      Skill changes to bow tree since regular bow is out of the picture. you cannot even PvE with it in Corrupted dungeons the stack fall off duration was too harsh
      Arcane with better scaling in abilities
      Buff underused off hands. Eye of secrets, celestial censer, regular shield "cc resistance", Caitiff shield "cc duration" (shield in general get X% increased healing received this would help tanks get more healing and survive being a tank)
      rework jacket of tenacity
      buff druid robe because cleric robe is generaly better than it in every way right now
      buff cowl of purity hit box and projectile speed
      Buff Halberd because it was hit the hardest by bleed changes and never stood back up
      Buff heavy crossbow

Feel free to share your thoughts on weather these changes by retroman here you like and dislike
      issue with weeping+gala and other weapons is more aoe escalation more than there direct stats. Players are penalized for hitting fat clumps.
      maybe making aoe escalation scale from 10 players to 20 and for those extra 10+ get 15% extra scaling and 20 to 30 get the other 15% damage more to be able to reach the old 70% scaling.

rest of them changes seems really interesting
    • I agree changes look good. If we are going to crush Retro all the time we also need to give him props when warranted! I think the spear AA change is fair being all the additional buffs it has received in Ws and not dropping stacks on E use. Also iron breaker did an oddly high amount of damage so agree with that as well. Overall nice to see buffs/changes and not just nerfs.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().

• Tabor wrote:

I agree changes look good. If we are going to crush Retro all the time we also need to give him props when warranted! I think the spear AA change is fair being all the additional buffs it has received in Ws and not dropping stacks on E use. Also iron breaker did an oddly high amount of damage so agree with that as well. Overall nice to see buffs/changes and not just nerfs.
      Basic 1 handed spear still drops stacks.
    • Update:
      here is a suggestion can we give the resistance per ally hit back to back to hallow fall?

I know the goal is to push healers out of CD unless they go an offensive spell aka smite/throns
      but if it is pushed out of CD meta can we restore some of its power? it needs to be strong enough to warrant as a 30 second spell/ 18 second spell on hit

another suggestion is to allow hallow fall to gain mana per ally hit but the spell it self has higher mana cost
      what you think?
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • The_Support_God wrote:

Update:
      here is a suggestion can we give the resistance per ally hit back to back to hallow fall?

I know the goal is to push healers out of CD unless they go an offensive spell aka smite/throns
      but if it is pushed out of CD meta can we restore some of its power? it needs to be strong enough to warrant as a 30 second spell/ 18 second spell on hit

another suggestion is to allow hallow fall to gain mana per ally hit but the spell it self has higher mana cost
      what you think?
      Bad Idea. You already have an I-Frame to work with, and if you are forced to use it there should be no cushion when the enemy team is going for a punish.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Balance out one shot - demon cape lock in mechanic..

Most crap combat mechanics are enabled by demon cape..

Are you really the opinion that pvp either one shot or stun lock into a lava pull triggered by an Autoattack is reasonable pvp?

Either u have the counter or it is over..

One shot pike, 1shot dagger, grail seeker, Tombhammer, list is endless

Always same crap principle, charge up, lock opponent and make sure it is dead without any interaction of enemy..

And this just works because of demon cape, without this there would be at least a fight..

Either u have cleric chowl or Resi pot, best both, because on high IP cape is back before chowl / pot
    • Trial_hard wrote:

Balance out one shot - demon cape lock in mechanic..

Most crap combat mechanics are enabled by demon cape..

Are you really the opinion that pvp either one shot or stun lock into a lava pull triggered by an Autoattack is reasonable pvp?

Either u have the counter or it is over..

One shot pike, 1shot dagger, grail seeker, Tombhammer, list is endless

Always same crap principle, charge up, lock opponent and make sure it is dead without any interaction of enemy..

And this just works because of demon cape, without this there would be at least a fight..

Either u have cleric chowl or Resi pot, best both, because on high IP cape is back before chowl / pot
      there's a magic item called merc hood. it has lower cd than most stunts and can 100% out cd a demon cape. crazy i know.
    • Mercenary hood would be a death wish in CDs because it only helps against 1 or 2 builds and is utterly useless against all the rest. This is why it is never used in CDs. They could fix that by giving it a decent alternative option to swap when CC is no issue like cloth has knock back. Howl is garbage on leather helms.

Cleric cowl works great against demon cape builds but that just turns into a draw because tombs just run away if they don't get guaranteed win conditions and their build allows them to easily do so successfully.
    • Tabor wrote:

Mercenary hood would be a death wish in CDs because it only helps against 1 or 2 builds and is utterly useless against all the rest. This is why it is never used in CDs. They could fix that by giving it a decent alternative option to swap when CC is no issue like cloth has knock back. Howl is garbage on leather helms.

Cleric cowl works great against demon cape builds but that just turns into a draw because tombs just run away if they don't get guaranteed win conditions and their build allows them to easily do so successfully.
      except the game designs makes it a rock paper scissor game, that's why you can't swap gear. so there is a counter that counters almost any cc that are 20sec+. just need to use it, is it a bad helm for the other match up yup it is. welcome to albion bud.

oh and cleric cowl has same cooldown as the demon cape except one can be affected by cd food/off hands/ passives while the other can't. so you can't be out of rotation for your cleric cowl against a demon cape except if you don't use the cowl for the demon cape lmao.

so builds that are win all should die, i agree with this, but builds that use plate to get kills shouldn't exist in most of the situations. in no world does a plate "dps"
      should outdamage someone in clothe while fighting them on egual ip. the clothie should win 90% plus by default just because the plate player should be doing little to no damage.

But again that seems to be a different discussion all together regarding the balancing of the game. Corrupteds are bad imo based on the fact there's mobs to cheese and room to kite and get out of combat in the first place. 1vs1 circle with no mobs would have been better for 1vs1 pre-made combat.

so to resume, you have multiple options to counter the cc but you don't want to because it affects your capacity to win against other match-up. just go back in patch note and learn what they did to HG about gear swap and why and you'll learn the it is on purpose that paper beats rock, rocks beats scissors and scissors beats paper. that way not one thing beats the other 100% in any situation. y'all just need to stop bitching about the tombhammer and start bringing merc hoods. That's what people where complaining in 2's back then with quarter staff+dps meta and the counter was merc hood...
    • @Deathskills
      You forget the part where current balancing direction is to give gear kits abundant choices to pick vs other players and overall cramming more utility into spells than it was acceptable before the F2P release.
      Bows have fuckin' Hard CC on a Q, Daggers have freecast mobility on Q despite being no tank weapon, Hallowfall E is literally a 4-in-1 skill (Hard CC, I-frame, Healing and Mobility), Spears have every single type of offensive/defensive utility you could think of, etc etc.

If I were to speculate: the group-focused gear items which are considered useless in smaller content like 1v1 and 2v2 (Merc hood and Knight helmet for example) could easily get an additional "On-self" buff to make them more viable in those environments.

Besides, "Just use knight helmet vs windwall lmao" is nothing but laughable garbage of an argument. Having a single tunnel-vision counter available doesnt exactly fix it's issue of not being able to do anything else. Items with a single utilitarian use have applications so specific that using them would almost always put you in a disadvantage.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Hattenhair wrote:

@Deathskills
      You forget the part where current balancing direction is to give gear kits abundant choices to pick vs other players and overall cramming more utility into spells than it was acceptable before the F2P release.
      Bows have fuckin' Hard CC on a Q, Daggers have freecast mobility on Q despite being no tank weapon, Hallowfall E is literally a 4-in-1 skill (Hard CC, I-frame, Healing and Mobility), Spears have every single type of offensive/defensive utility you could think of, etc etc.

If I were to speculate: the group-focused gear items which are considered useless in smaller content like 1v1 and 2v2 (Merc hood and Knight helmet for example) could easily get an additional "On-self" buff to make them more viable in those environments.

Besides, "Just use knight helmet vs windwall lmao" is nothing but laughable garbage of an argument. Having a single tunnel-vision counter available doesnt exactly fix it's issue of not being able to do anything else. Items with a single utilitarian use have applications so specific that using them would almost always put you in a disadvantage.
      so your solution is to turn the power creep by 200%, god please no. skill gap is already low af in most content, do not lower it more damn it. gear used matters and yeah if you can't counter a build learn to outplay it and if you can't you can dodge the fight in cd's.

literally the cleric cowl needs to be split in 2 or 3 different items because it does too much, hallow fall E was nerf so much that it is barely playable in groups now compared to other alternative because it was made for groups but used in 1vs1 in an abusive way and they balanced a group weapon around 1vs1.
      In a perfect world, cd's would have gotten it's own balancing. but in a perfect world, cd's would not exist in their current form either. cd's should just have been a straight up duel empty circle and that is it but full loot. nothing more nothing less and you get a chest and either proceed for new match or leave. However doing this would have caused weapons like Deathgivers to be really freaking strong due to the OS ability they have. while some other weapons (like most spears) would be dogshit due to them being kiting weapons more than taking fights heads on.

CD is bad for most of the weapon balancing since most of the content should not be instanced in the way cd's are but the way srd(which are a joke in bz since they close in 90sec, they shouldn't close at all imo) are which could lead to more organic natural OW content than the instance bs. The only instanced I can see having a point are HG/crystals. 1 is due to the open-world access required, the 2nd is because it can be done from OW and because it is full loot to have any decent rewards and requires one of the highest skill gap in the whole damn game so far to be really good at it.
    • @Deathskills
      I did not propose any "solution", I have only speculated on the topic.

Albion's combat balancing throughout the years up to F2P release was focused on group content (i.e: you need teammates to close the utility gaps your build does not provide), but with CRD introduction devs have to keep up the content at the very least in a marginally healthy way, the infuence of which you can clearly see being reflected in the balance changes.
      1v1 combat always relies on both players having access to a multitude of tools at the same time ranging anywhere from Mobility and CC to Purge and Cleanse. Thing is: Albion only has 6 spell slots + 1 potion to work around, unlike other MMO's with multiple bars of skills, hence why we see changes where a single weapon E can do up to 4 things in a single press.

Never said CRD's were good for the game's foundation which wasn't built for one-on-one combat from the very beginning, yet here we are witnessing everything happening it it's favour.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Hattenhair wrote:

@Deathskills
      I did not propose any "solution", I have only speculated on the topic.

Albion's combat balancing throughout the years up to F2P release was focused on group content (i.e: you need teammates to close the utility gaps your build does not provide), but with CRD introduction devs have to keep up the content at the very least in a marginally healthy way, the infuence of which you can clearly see being reflected in the balance changes.
      1v1 combat always relies on both players having access to a multitude of tools at the same time ranging anywhere from Mobility and CC to Purge and Cleanse. Thing is: Albion only has 6 spell slots + 1 potion to work around, unlike other MMO's with multiple bars of skills, hence why we see changes where a single weapon E can do up to 4 things in a single press.

Never said CRD's were good for the game's foundation which wasn't built for one-on-one combat from the very beginning, yet here we are witnessing everything happening it it's favour.
      the only way to go around this is to have the crd's have their own balancing which means having a per instance balancing changelist which may or may not be hard and expansive to integrate in the game.

Since the game is a mmo and not a solo game it makes sense to limit the balancing around 1vs1 apart of the obviously broken weapons (like tombhammer and healing staves were and Quarter staff too).

They can't just balance the whole damn game around 1vs1 since well it promotes to not play with others which kinda is against what drives open world content and communities to form and thrive on the game.

So yeah i might not have offered because 2 options are available, kill cd's straight up, buff solo dungeon, fix solo dungeon to prevent 10vs1 in them or develop a whole system allowing to have balancing done just for cd's that will only affect cd's (aka that means new/extra UI in the destiny board just for cd's.)

and if you do that for cd's, cgvg players will say they want the same (which could be a valid argument at that point) so now you'll have 4 potential cooldowns per item, weapon damage and description since there's 5's and 20's?

oh and after each hg type will need one too. So that means 2's, 5's and 10's. so that's 3 more, now you have 6 descriptions of potential damage and cd's.

And now you add the hce carebears that will ask for their own too. now you are up to 8. UI and UX nightmare bound to happen. so yeah, my solution is to stop focusing at all on cd's. Nerf the shit out of the loot (can make 2m/hour ratting with 100k infamy in slayer, that's a joke and i ain't even talking about the free re-spec i get on top of that 2m silver). Nerf it so group and solo dungeons provide better rewards. (obviously the loot of killing a player isn't and never was an issue with cd's) the high fame for low risk is. Hce needs to lose probably another 25-40% of it's fame in lvl 12-18 range and silver gains and solo and group dungeons (with ow mobs and static dungeons) needs to get that 30-40% buff at minimum to attract people back in bz.

To help the hce hardcore, make the hce portal accessible in actual bz like it was once possible and give a bonus for doing them that way. risk vs rewards. put back the risk in the game and make it that if you don't risk shit you don't get shit. at least compared to people going in roads or black zone.

So yeah, i can't think less extremely regarding CD's since they were a mistake imo and never were needed since the solution was to balance SRD access properly.
    • @Deathskills
      Separate balancing for instanced content definetly not happening, CRD's are not getting removed either, obviously.
      The only sensible solution, as you have said, is the reward distrubution for different types of content, ideally more people taking part of something should yield better rewards per person than if all of them were to go do solo content.
      Although you dont want to plummet the solo content rewards into the gutter since that's the main player growth source.

On the topic of "power creeping": I think in a good chunk of cases giving weapons and armour multiple uses rather than a single one greatly improves variability and viability of those gear items.
      In my opinion every armour shoud provide 1-2 or in some rare cases 3 non-universal utility options or a single universal utility option like healing or flat resistance increases: Soldier Helmet is a good example of combining I-Frames and Mobility, yet cooldowns should be buffed slightly to be on-par with boot-slot gear, Mercenary Jacket is a good example of an item with a single defined universal utility option.
      Every weapon E ideally needs to have 2-3 ways to be dealt with aswell, any combination of interrupts, purges and I-Frames is employabe, and most weapons already follow that philosophy.
      But you definetly need to pay attention of not overdoing it: examples are bows having hard CC on a 5s cooldown Q despite being an RDPS role, or Black Hands having the ability to counter ~90%+ of defensives in the whole game just by pressing E, at the same time requiring no stack requirements and being instant-cast, to both of which my only question is "Why?".

Overall the topic of "Soft-counters" is quite broad, so I'd just leave it here for now.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?