Announcement Clarification: HQ status in Season 14 and no HQs in the Avalonian roads

• Clarification: HQ status in Season 14 and no HQs in the Avalonian roads

Hi everyone!

As you already know, with Season 14 you will be able to declare your Hideouts as Headquarters for the first time!

However, some questions have come up in the community regarding this feature that we would like to answer in this post.

There will be no Hideout Headquarters inside the Roads of Avalon in Season 14 and you will not be able to take power cores into roads.

This is due to the following:

• Transporting power cores through the roads would defeat the original purpose that these cores had, which is to make sure that one cannot sustain more than a certain amount of HQ's around a specific area.
      • It was considered to have power cores spawn in the roads separately, but we believe that the road hideouts deserve more than a band-aid solution.
      Therefore we decided to delay the release of HQs in the roads and will introduce them properly together with other changes in a bigger overhaul of the roads at a later date.

We are very much looking forward to the next couple of seasons to see what you will make of all the changes!

Sincerely,

~Nesnes

To see the requirements for HQ Hideouts in each zone check out the post regarding Earning an HQ Hideout in the Energy Surge Season.
      More info can be found at the following links:
      - Zone Quality Levels, which increase from the outside to the middle of the Outlands can be viewed here: Territory Season Point Values, Boss Multipliers, and Energy/Point Storage
      - Dev Talk: War Gloves and HQ Hideouts (Game Director Robin Henkys introduces these two major new features): albiononline.com/news/devtalk-war-gloves-hq-hideouts
      - Energy Surge Announcement (includes HQ Hideout and other reward details): albiononline.com/news/energy-surge
      - Energy Surge Season Schedule: forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/154573
    • GokuBlackBR wrote:

We are very much looking forward to the next couple of seasons...

OK. In 2023 you guys release it. No probem.
      this is good news ngl, since there was a problem with the current way to assault/place ho's in rest maps that are already full or close to full.

This is probably to see what occurs with the extra food cost in those rest maps and overhaul the roads so they get some love too.

Good change/stance to have from the dev to do things right instead of just doing band-aids that need to be reverted. it shows a change in the priorities regarding the quality of the updates imo.

Love to see it and getting more communication about changes!
    • Deathskills wrote:

GokuBlackBR wrote:

We are very much looking forward to the next couple of seasons...

OK. In 2023 you guys release it. No probem.
      this is good news ngl, since there was a problem with the current way to assault/place ho's in rest maps that are already full or close to full.
      This is probably to see what occurs with the extra food cost in those rest maps and overhaul the roads so they get some love too.

Good change/stance to have from the dev to do things right instead of just doing band-aids that need to be reverted. it shows a change in the priorities regarding the quality of the updates imo.

Love to see it and getting more communication about changes!
      I mean It was really obvius so they should have started working on a different thing for the Roads of Avalon since they started the idea of the HQ.
      Roads of Avalon is a crazy place and of course this place needs a greater idea for HQ even if i feel like the Hideouts in the roads of avalon dont need to be HQ, if you rent there and ask for naps you can easily maintain a Hideout. And i know there is a lot of Hideouts zones, more than you imagine.
      And destroying a Hideout there is a hard job so they need the HQ system? Even if it looks cool its not balanced.
    • GokuBlackBR wrote:

I mean It was really obvius so they should have started working on a different thing for the Roads of Avalon since they started the idea of the HQ.Roads of Avalon is a crazy place and of course this place needs a greater idea for HQ even if i feel like the Hideouts in the roads of avalon dont need to be HQ, if you rent there and ask for naps you can easily maintain a Hideout. And i know there is a lot of Hideouts zones, more than you imagine.
      And destroying a Hideout there is a hard job so they need the HQ system? Even if it looks cool its not balanced.
      they literally need to rework the HO system in roads since some guilds in the Roads said it themselves that once they control a map it's almost impossible to attack or is too time consuming denying content to the attacker for up to 5 days in a row since they are force to log off in the road they are attacking to not have to try to fight for portal charges (so basically for 20-30 minutes of knocking shields of ho for 5 days of not being able to play outside of that is pretty dumb imo).

And devs acknowledge the issue, now they need to find the proper idea to fix it and implement it so it can't be abused in a worse manner before adding HQs there. Doesn't HQ's can't be a valid idea still for the roads since it could promote more small scale fights than just big zerg attempts inside the roads.
    • Deathskills wrote:

GokuBlackBR wrote:

I mean It was really obvius so they should have started working on a different thing for the Roads of Avalon since they started the idea of the HQ.Roads of Avalon is a crazy place and of course this place needs a greater idea for HQ even if i feel like the Hideouts in the roads of avalon dont need to be HQ, if you rent there and ask for naps you can easily maintain a Hideout. And i know there is a lot of Hideouts zones, more than you imagine.
      they literally need to rework the HO system in roads since some guilds in the Roads said it themselves that once they control a map it's almost impossible to attack or is too time consuming denying content to the attacker for up to 5 days in a row since they are force to log off in the road they are attacking to not have to try to fight for portal charges (so basically for 20-30 minutes of knocking shields of ho for 5 days of not being able to play outside of that is pretty dumb imo).
      And devs acknowledge the issue, now they need to find the proper idea to fix it and implement it so it can't be abused in a worse manner before adding HQs there. Doesn't HQ's can't be a valid idea still for the roads since it could promote more small scale fights than just big zerg attempts inside the roads.
      Yeah, they can abuse portal charge mechanics with just 1 guy standing on every portal and getting out and in removing charges. There should be some kind of cooldown or penalization to do that repeatedly (shared somehow with allies from the same guild? alliance?).

>force to log off in the road

Right now if you want to invade a rest you need to get there 4-5 hours before and log off there. And the next days you need to do that with even more anticipation, since there is the portal charge mechanic abuse.

Maybe some instanced fight will do, just for roads since they're aimed to small scale fights, like with an avalonian warcamp or something? Honestly the roads idea and the lore behind are great, but it is difficult to think how to improve the situation.

Edit: And about the thread itself lol, what a great change. I mean implementing that as roads are now would have been bad, even more difficult to access a zone.

Gryffyth:Toma tu arma y síguenos en discord.gg/ktrNXWN

The post was edited 4 times, last by Neesh ().

• Deathskills wrote:

GokuBlackBR wrote:

Hey there,

we are currently looking into hideouts in the roads as we agree that the current meta of entirely blocking a zone for added safety is not ideal.
    • Neesh wrote:

Yeah, they can abuse portal charge mechanics with just 1 guy standing on every portal and getting out and in removing charges. There should be some kind of cooldown or penalization to do that repeatedly (shared somehow with allies from the same guild? alliance?).
      1 person can't control a portal. Once they go through they will get "Free to use" meaning they can't take another charge until the charge that they took comes back up. So a character can take only 1 charge from a portal.
      Don't go away mad, just go away...
    • Oshien wrote:

Neesh wrote:

1 person can't control a portal. Once they go through they will get "Free to use" meaning they can't take another charge until the charge that they took comes back up. So a character can take only 1 charge from a portal.
      Honestly I didn't remember that well, but still is the same issue when you have dedicated guys from the same guild just to do that to avoid people from entering your rest, for hours and hours.

• Neesh wrote:

Oshien wrote:

Neesh wrote:

Honestly I didn't remember that well, but still is the same issue when you have dedicated guys from the same guild just to do that to avoid people from entering your rest, for hours and hours.
      Honestly it doesn't happen often if ever. If there is big content in a zone a scout will do and outside of that all you are doing is keeping allies out of the zone. And that causes more drama than a small pvp squad coming in.
      Don't go away mad, just go away...
    • Oshien wrote:

Neesh wrote:

Oshien wrote:

Neesh wrote:

Honestly it doesn't happen often if ever. If there is big content in a zone a scout will do and outside of that all you are doing is keeping allies out of the zone. And that causes more drama than a small pvp squad coming in.
      It happens when you try to invade a rest and you're fighting for days, not just a small pvp squad coming in. In case of a invasion, guilds there will be taking charges practically all day. At least at high tier rests. Maybe it's not common because the cost to invade a rest is high in human resources, but I've seen it a lot of times, that's why many guys have lost interest trying to invade something there.