The main problem with the Black Zone right now

• The main problem with the Black Zone right now

This thread is not about me complaining or crying, its simply the truth.
      As a solo player / a player who is not part in the huge slave alliances from the black zone, I have no reason to go into the black zone AT ALL.
      For fame farm: roads and t7 royals / HCE
      For pvp (small scale): Roads and hard flagged in royals
      For gathering: The roads and the royals
      For zvz: faction warfare
      For ratting loot: Faction warfare
      For crafting: the cities
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The only content that isn't available for me is ava dungeons. but I hardly fame farm so I don't really care that much.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      So now that we all know that we dont really need the BZ in order to play the game fully, lets talk about why its dead.

The main problem is the lack of content, the BZ is HUGE and FULL of gankers, and by gankers I mean ZERGS of gankers who cover a cluster.
      If you ask me, I dont really see the point in ganking with 20 ppl just to get 1 mil in 30 min, the splits are terrible and its boring af.
      So currently, unless you have a proper zvz/brawling team you SHOULDNT enter the BZ.
      So how can we fix this?
      -Punish Zergs of gankers: make it so its possible to survive in the BZ roads
      *I know that there is a trash penalty for each player that is participating in the kill, but this doesn't reduce the amount of zerg-gankers. What I think could help is a buff to the player who is being ganked, for example, from 5 players attaching a solo player, the solo will receive a survival buff that will grant him protection and damage buff, so he can stand his ground against zergs.
      *The mark of Cain: for one minute, after someone gets a kill in the BZ, he should be marked on the mini-map.

-Revive the BZ:
      *Reduce the number of clusters: the current BZ is HUGE and the deeper you go, the more dead it is, reduce the clusters so the deeper you go, we will see more players and not only the mega alliances that rule there.

*Make it worth the trip: as I wrote in the beginning, for players who don't really care about season points, the BZ has nothing to offer, make is so there will be rewards that are unique the the BZ or something that no other zone in the game can offer.

Let me know what you guys think :D
    • Sponik wrote:

-Punish Zergs of gankers: make it so its possible to survive in the BZ roads
      *I know that there is a trash penalty for each player that is participating in the kill, but this doesn't reduce the amount of zerg-gankers. What I think could help is a buff to the player who is being ganked, for example, from 5 players attaching a solo player, the solo will receive a survival buff that will grant him protection and damage buff, so he can stand his ground against zergs.
      Sure it's a problem, but your idea doesn't change anything, you'll be CCed to death.

Surely SBi has to think about something that will push players to play in smaller groups, as you can see durability system doesn't work, people don't care about it.

Maybe trash rate of 10+ people 90% trash rate per item...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Quagga ().

• Reef wrote:

Mrpotato wrote:

yeah but what if someone wants to do gathering
      Go and gather. But its not effective due to risks
      that is my point, im not saying it should be easy, I am saying it should be posible

Gankers were, are and will always be a thing, the problem is the amount of gankers in a group, when BZ was alive gankers normally had like 4 or 5 people in their groups (and gankers encountered other gankers so they fought each other), not gank groups are way too big, making it imposible to go solo in BZ
    • Yeah the CC combo is horrible. There's no penalty for this type of abuse.

I'm a gatherer in the black zone. My way around this toxic ganking setup is to use pieces of gear+potion+food that counter cc for few seconds. This allow me to run away from this players. As the time goes by you get a feel for those maps in which gankers are really aggressive.You can avoid this maps by using avalonian portals in order to skip those dangerous maps. This help me reduce my daily deaths to a few deaths per week in the black zone.
    • More people will be in the BZ now. Before it was a waste of time to hunt resources since gatherers would safely strip zones outside of their HOs. Now a portion of these players will tuck tail and leave allowing players willing to take some risk a chance for those resources.