The current non-meta state of 5v5 hellgates

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The current non-meta state of 5v5 hellgates

Since the nerf of r-bow and glaive, I actually started to enjoy 5v5 hellgates (and crystals).
      Before the nerfs, you would enter with your meta comp just to fight a meta comp, nothing exciting or entertaining.
      Now, however, I get the chills every time I get into a new hellgate, because every enemy is running a new and refreshing comp, and each fight is unique and fun. (each fight, even in lethals, the enemy comp was different EVERYTIME)
      I really wish this state will remain the same for the rest of the season and seasons to come, not having a defined meta brings so much creativity to a mmo-rps its unreal
    • they plan to release new balance changes mid energy surge season so better speak up on buffs and nerfs to make sure they go in
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • nah i would not consider energy surge a proper season

its more like the devs are buying time to get the finishing touches on the real large season

and one of those thing is combat balance changes
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • The_Support_God wrote:

nah i would not consider energy surge a proper season
      its more like the devs are buying time to get the finishing touches on the real large season
      and one of those thing is combat balance changes
      Still does not change the fact that leaving shitty balance desicions to run for whole seasons is... well, shitty.
      You could leave small adjustments that favour a certain playstile run along for a good chunk of time for the sake of meta swings, but if a weapon gets reworked overshadowing every single other playstile in comparison (Hallowfall on release, 1H dagger fucking up economy of a whole season, etc.) - it should get adjusted in a weeks time tops'.

Balance should be constantly looked at, and not be adjusted just to be forgotten for the next 30 days, pretending like consequences of bad desicions dont exist. If this is their move to buy extra time, I expect this policy to be integrated into the regular balance patches atleast to some extent.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?