Wildfire buffs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Wildfire buffs

Since Wildfire seems to get a little love, I wanted to try going over them and see if it is going to change anything. While the projectile speed and cast time reduction is good, I stopped hard at the damages.

Going by the raw numbers, the increase of the damage is 10.68%, and there is an additional damage boost by the off hand slot for the Muisak or Crypt Candle. In a simple simulation, with max spec in fires and offhands, T8, good quality on all weapons used, the tooltip damage came out as 1373 with Muisak and 1468 with Crypt Candle, against the 2022 from Brimstone. That is still underwhelming.
      But then Wildfire has the burn, which is % max health now, so it would be a nice weapon, right? No. It only burns tanks now, so we can say bye to the entire burn damage for the backline, which, damage wise ends up being a debuff, all in all. If you wanted to punish tanks more with the weapon, and appropriately went to % max health damage, why did you have to go another step and entirely remove the entire damage from anyone else? Just doesn't make sense, really. The weapons was just about to go semi-valid.
      Even if you are sticking to less penalty based on armor, you could apply that nice mechanic you built and do a scaling for all armors.

I am just throwing out a probably more valid version, that might even become used at fights...
      • Magma Sphere (Wildfire Staff)
        • Projectile Speed: 7.67m/s -> 11.5m/s
        • Cast Speed: 0.6s -> 0.4s
        • Instant Damage: 267.43 -> 305
        • Ignite Damage per tick: 20.06 -> 3.75% of plate, 3.25% of leather, 2.75% of cloth armored targets Max Health

Additionally, since wildfire doesn't hit damage escalation to my best information (correct me if I am wrong) it cannot even scale damage unlike any other fire, so even braver damage buff on the immediate damage wouldn't be too much really. But I am really trying to go for a viable advice here, as there is a chance for a great concept of a weapon to get actual use from a buff that is going to the best direction!

I have to add, the buffs lately were going into a nice direction all in all - keep it up!

The post was edited 5 times, last by khaoscualdawath ().

• in 1v1 and small scale pvp
      show me how you hit the magma ball in the backline

the only time where you can hit that slow moving projectile with cast time of 0.6s of a magmaball is when they walk to you
      there is no way you can hit that magmaball in the backline like ever period or any ranged dps for that matter

making it deal heavy % damage to plate wearers is a good thing as from my calculations it hits plate wearers super hard now as you intended
      i get that 15% max health damage + increase to base damage is like insane against tanks

but is the removal of the dot on cloth users needed?
      i think keeping the dot damage is fine as it is
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • Buffing an unused weapon that is too weak by making it work in conditional situations is bad. Who would level a weapon that is only sometimes useful? Not many players for sure. And for that reason the weapon will stay unused unless it's buffed to ridiculous numbers.

I would keep the dot of 20 dps to anyone it hits and add an extra 2% of max hp to plate users.
    • ziigii wrote:

Buffing an unused weapon that is too weak by making it work in conditional situations is bad. Who would level a weapon that is only sometimes useful? Not many players for sure. And for that reason the weapon will stay unused unless it's buffed to ridiculous numbers.

I would keep the dot of 20 dps to anyone it hits and add an extra 2% of max hp to plate users.
      I dont think it will stay completely useless, yeah it wont be nowhere near meta but it will have some niche uses in big fights
    • Mrpotato wrote:

ziigii wrote:

Buffing an unused weapon that is too weak by making it work in conditional situations is bad. Who would level a weapon that is only sometimes useful? Not many players for sure. And for that reason the weapon will stay unused unless it's buffed to ridiculous numbers.

I dont think it will stay completely useless, yeah it wont be nowhere near meta but it will have some niche uses in big fights
      That was exactly my point...

It will have nieche uses and you will be incentivised to pick a weapon that does about the same damage and is more versatile.
      This will make the weapon not used in the end. Not because it is to weak for what it is designed but because you can get better overall results with other weapons.
    • ziigii wrote:

Mrpotato wrote:

ziigii wrote:

That was exactly my point...
      It will have nieche uses and you will be incentivised to pick a weapon that does about the same damage and is more versatile.
      This will make the weapon not used in the end. Not because it is to weak for what it is designed but because you can get better overall results with other weapons.
      thats the entire fire tree lol (except maybe brimstone)