Survival mode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Survival mode

Ability to start character in survival mode, that cannot use market or trade with players, and is prevented from getting items from players any other way (like ownership etc).

You are on your own.

Could be reason to start another character instead of having just 1,

You would need to make everything for yourself. Or lucky and find.
    • I don't think is a good idea.
      See, I kinda like theses challenges in normal MMORPG but its only because the world is the world and you are just in the "surface". Here in Albion you are a part of the world, the things you do really matter to the world, each node you gather you are lowering or increasing the price of that item and thats an amazing thing, that is one of the reasons that Albion is a unique game.
      If you take out all of that, the game isn't really good. The combat is boring as a solo player and most content you won't be able to do in your own.
      Your silver income will be meaningless and even repair costs may break you, you won't be able to pay for the crafting you require, and don't even think of respec, etc etc.

So if you wanna play like that, do it. But, well, don't really make sense to overwork a Dev team just to add something that goes completely the other direction as the game is going.
    • hFly wrote:

I don't think is a good idea.
      See, I kinda like theses challenges in normal MMORPG but its only because the world is the world and you are just in the "surface". Here in Albion you are a part of the world, the things you do really matter to the world, each node you gather you are lowering or increasing the price of that item and thats an amazing thing, that is one of the reasons that Albion is a unique game.
      If you take out all of that, the game isn't really good. The combat is boring as a solo player and most content you won't be able to do in your own.
      Your silver income will be meaningless and even repair costs may break you, you won't be able to pay for the crafting you require, and don't even think of respec, etc etc.

So if you wanna play like that, do it. But, well, don't really make sense to overwork a Dev team just to add something that goes completely the other direction as the game is going.
      I don't think you thought it through. You can still group and do what u do now, except you cant trade and buy, which means you have to make gear yourself and are self-dependent in that regard, or just lucky drop.

Cook, brew, raise mount if you want different, gather, etc. Survival game

Also it would be just optional for new character, so if you get bored with main you could do that. Such characters would be somehow recognizable to everyone (icon or something).
      I think some players would like it.

It would work as item sink little bet, because anything you drop can't be sold, so is gone for everyone.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Unangwata ().

• Unangwata wrote:

I don't think you thought it through. You can still group and do what u do now, except you cant trade and buy, which means you have to make gear yourself and are self-dependent in that regard, or just lucky drop.

Also it would be just optional for new character, so if you get bored with main you could do that
      You can already do all of that in game. In fact thats kind of the point of a sandbox ... play the game the way you want to. And if that means not trading or using the market or crafting only your own stuff ... go ahead. You dont need a piece of coding to tell you not to.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Unangwata wrote:

Ability to start character in survival mode, that cannot use market or trade with players, and is prevented from getting items from players any other way (like ownership etc).

You are on your own.

many streamers often play in this format. To do this, you do not need to make any additional settings and changes in the game. Just create a character, not used by the market, turn off chat, do not join a group, go to the open world and play
    • Midgard wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

Also it would be just optional for new character, so if you get bored with main you could do that
      You can already do all of that in game. In fact thats kind of the point of a sandbox ... play the game the way you want to. And if that means not trading or using the market or crafting only your own stuff ... go ahead. You dont need a piece of coding to tell you not to.

Artur White wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

You are on your own.

many streamers often play in this format. To do this, you do not need to make any additional settings and changes in the game. Just create a character, not used by the market, turn off chat, do not join a group, go to the open world and play
      Yeah, but making it technical it works as a challenge. You meet another person and both of you are pretty sure you didn't cheat, and both are impressed by accomplishments (like gear) etc lol
      Since many people play this format then it could be official
      Maybe even you would play it..