Serious suggestion for healers

• Combat Balance

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Serious suggestion for healers

So the problem is pvp, especially 1v1 hellgates ? Then if you're just going to keep nerfing nature and holy staffs, just ban them from 1v1 hellgates. The damage nerfs don't just affect pvp but they also hurt pve in general as well as roaming in the free world. I think just a hard ban to them in hellgates would fix the problem without compromising their effectiveness in other content.

I get this game is very pvp focused but there are a lot of people who enjoy pve and solo stuff from time to time as well, and now being able to use your favorite weapon in the case of healers kinda sucks just because it was meta in 1v1.
    • Tabor wrote:

I imagine you would be using damage Q in solo PvE so this change does not hurt you anyway. The change essentially only impacts the cancer poison helm and run away spam Q heal builds in CDs.
      Smite damage buff will only apply after cast, meaning the first smite cast will have the 50% damage reduction.
      Same goes for thorns as their damage output is calculated at cast-point, meaning the first batch of thorns will have 50% less damage, AND it would mean you need to cast 2 thorn Q's in a row if you want to get your full damage, as the damage boost is reliant on the very stacks you consume to AA.

I mean healer Q's were shit, but this is literally hot garbage now.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Hattenhair I did not interpret smite change to only kick in after cast. The thorns though I do agree is worded strangely. The description of the nature change states using thorns would negate the 50% damage penalty however the spell change itself makes it look like it is a ramp up to get that 50% reduction. If that is true than yes nature is literally the worse weapon in game. I was hoping it was just poorly worded and nature thorns is actually get a buff of the 10% per stack for 5 stacks on top of the current damage it has (since the current damage is hot garbage). I strongly support removing the heal/run meta but also agree the healers need a competitive DPS Q to compensate. I feel smite in current form is already there but thorns is terrible they way over nerfed it previously.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().

• if only The damage reduction would only apply for PvP instead of everything

if damage reduction apply for everything then there would be no point even giving smite and throns to the healers anymore besides the rare cases where they are used in emergencies

I know this is a Fix for PvP with healing staves and i totaly agree pushing healing staffs out of the 1v1 meta but pls SBI try not to touch the PvE section of the staves
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • The_Support_God wrote:

if only The damage reduction would only apply for PvP instead of everything

if damage reduction apply for everything then there would be no point even giving smite and throns to the healers anymore besides the rare cases where they are used in emergencies

I know this is a Fix for PvP with healing staves and i totaly agree pushing healing staffs out of the 1v1 meta but pls SBI try not to touch the PvE section of the staves
      imagine all this wasted effort but the honest solution would be

Check on enter CD (same as IP): If you try enter with nature or holy staff, game says no, same as with too low IP ..

All this nonsense with damage half ...or nature need thorn stacks ..

It is a complex approach to state: healers ..need to stay out ..and an u honest one
    • SBI like always is being dense , this is a sandbox still=? If a healer wants to enter in any content and go pvp he shouldn't be punished , it is SBI fault to be catering to the CD crowd and nerfeing the healers that enter in a content they created , were they say they don't want the healers to be .

I will laugh my ass off if people find a way to do CD and still kill in with healing gear , at this point this meta changes are so dumb I actually think SBI is trolling.
    • pesadelo wrote:

SBI like always is being dense , this is a sandbox still=? If a healer wants to enter in any content and go pvp he shouldn't be punished , it is SBI fault to be catering to the CD crowd and nerfeing the healers that enter in a content they created , were they say they don't want the healers to be .

I will laugh my ass off if people find a way to do CD and still kill in with healing gear , at this point this meta changes are so dumb I actually think SBI is trolling.
      haha yes, i do think the same..

I really sometimes feel like it is intentional bad, but i see no advantage in this approach and then see it as non realistic