Albion just "banned" black zone to Mobile players

    • PaladinJavier wrote:

      As I said, give this channeling to these guys having dozens HO (e.g. alliance +12 HO = channeling) and let small ones with Zero channeling time. This way patch Will balance between handlholders and newbies.
      for what?
      for 50 1 man twink guilds of poe to keep it like it was before? every guild place 1 hideout and continue?
      as i say before. you cant do it different if you want to prevent abuse.

      EDIT:
      and if you mean the channel by players INSIDE small guilds: big guilds will make sub guilds. thats already happening for crafting hideouts.
    • In the gatherer/ganker dynamic the gankers already had plenty of advantages, if the HO casting stays, which it probably will given how vocal and annoying the whiners were, hopefully SBI balances it out to make ganking a bit more riskier as well. Personally I think the outlaw debuff is too short, if gankers are operating in an area they should be tied to it for more than a few minutes, to allow at least some counterplay, as it is right now gankers can gank, run around for a few minutes, and then be gone with no risk of retaliation.
    • CallMeGosu wrote:

      PaladinJavier wrote:

      As I said, give this channeling to these guys having dozens HO (e.g. alliance +12 HO = channeling) and let small ones with Zero channeling time. This way patch Will balance between handlholders and newbies.
      for what?for 50 1 man twink guilds of poe to keep it like it was before? every guild place 1 hideout and continue?
      as i say before. you cant do it different if you want to prevent abuse.

      EDIT:
      and if you mean the channel by players INSIDE small guilds: big guilds will make sub guilds. thats already happening for crafting hideouts.
      TO give small guilds having a chance to compete. Big guild /alliance won't have Any problem to prevent gankers having Even police guys walking around. Alliances like Arch, poe and armor (blue army) have been keeping dominance at martlock , thetford, bridgewatch for Many seasons and balance issues should point on them. These guys Will keep having the Wallet while newbies struggle to grow their own way and handlholders keep upperhand and be first choice. As I said, nothing Will change.
    • Hastatus wrote:

      In the gatherer/ganker dynamic the gankers already had plenty of advantages, if the HO casting stays, which it probably will given how vocal and annoying the whiners were, hopefully SBI balances it out to make ganking a bit more riskier as well. Personally I think the outlaw debuff is too short, if gankers are operating in an area they should be tied to it for more than a few minutes, to allow at least some counterplay, as it is right now gankers can gank, run around for a few minutes, and then be gone with no risk of retaliation.
      Bounty hunters :D rewards for players who gank moment ago. Selling stealed goods only in black market. Damn, i wanna see 'crime and punishment' update XD
    • This update is to stop large alliances from abusing the benefits of massive HO abuse. The safety net that BZ HO were offering was so substantial it killed a majority of open world content. You were never suppose to be able to safely gather in a bz. BZ was not suppose to offer the amount of safety you are asking for.
    • Simple solution to all you gatherer's problems: LEARN PVP

      In the blackzone - it's the law of the jungle, you can't expect absolute safety since this game is all about "Risk vs Reward"

      You can either spend 10 years gathering in the yellow zone if you want to be completely protected by the game
      or
      You can spend a few hours in the black zone with considerable amount of risks (including being ganked)

      Now you're either the prey or you become the predator.

      Worried about 10-20 man gank groups terrorizing you for weeks as you get farmed like livestock? Join a PvP guild that offers PvP content with a good amount of players that all sign up to fight for whatever cause you believe in that favors you. Honestly not that hard, unless you're a solo hardcore gatherer who only wants everything silver spoon-fed
    • Syndic wrote:

      Agrafka wrote:

      on black zone gankers are always in big groups. Its why we need acces to ho. Yeah, we can run. But our mounts are slower and our gears are not useful to fight. So we need to hide. Tadam, hideouts. Its why they need to fix entering to HO. We literally have to dismount and stay outside to go to them.
      Correct, most ganksquads are +10 people and in some cases +20.

      I don't agree with most of the changes they make, because the POV of the people suggesting these things is that it will force the players to take more risk, and my POV is that players can't be forced to do something and they simply won't play.

      If you don't have a home-HO or a territory to duck into, there is 0 reason to play and gather solo in the BZ. I've done both ganking and gathering, its silly honestly so I mostly do anti-gank now. Less travel time, and the fight comes to my doorstep.
      yeah i was gathering black zone smallest group to hit me on voice chat was 7. I've never used hideouts except my own to be honest but then I've always found it relatively easy to get away and if i didn't i could pin point exactly what I did wrong. Now , the groups are larger and, honestly not going to complain just not going to gather.
    • Hastatus wrote:

      In the gatherer/ganker dynamic the gankers already had plenty of advantages, if the HO casting stays, which it probably will given how vocal and annoying the whiners were, hopefully SBI balances it out to make ganking a bit more riskier as well. Personally I think the outlaw debuff is too short, if gankers are operating in an area they should be tied to it for more than a few minutes, to allow at least some counterplay, as it is right now gankers can gank, run around for a few minutes, and then be gone with no risk of retaliation.

      Disagree.
      You are not supposed to be able to survive in the Blackzone. If people die on average 50% of the time, imo that would be great.
      Imagine how exciting gathering would be if you knew you got to be super concentrated because it is likely a group will try to kill you. BTW the game was like this a whil ago.
      Have a great Day, cheers
    • jack12 wrote:

      Hastatus wrote:

      In the gatherer/ganker dynamic the gankers already had plenty of advantages, if the HO casting stays, which it probably will given how vocal and annoying the whiners were, hopefully SBI balances it out to make ganking a bit more riskier as well. Personally I think the outlaw debuff is too short, if gankers are operating in an area they should be tied to it for more than a few minutes, to allow at least some counterplay, as it is right now gankers can gank, run around for a few minutes, and then be gone with no risk of retaliation.
      Disagree.
      You are not supposed to be able to survive in the Blackzone. If people die on average 50% of the time, imo that would be great.
      Imagine how exciting gathering would be if you knew you got to be super concentrated because it is likely a group will try to kill you. BTW the game was like this a whil ago.
      Have a great Day, cheers
      People keep saying that, but rarely do these people who claim the BZ is supposed to be risky ever advocate for game changes that would improve the game at the expense of people who gank. Case in point, my comment you quoted was primarily about making the BZ riskier for gankers, by tying them to an area for longer periods of time in order to increase the amount of fights both gankers and counter gankers would run into, and you responded by ignoring it entirely to state what hundreds of other people have already stated: BZ supposed to be dangerous, so anything that makes it more dangerous for gatherers is good.

      Every change I see suggested to make the game more "hardcore" always involves making it easier for people ganking to attack people who are either gathering, transporting, or dungeoning, basically anyone who would automatically be at a disadvantage in a fight. When gankers start advocating for changes that will let people who want pvp fight OTHER people who want pvp, I'll believe this whole hardcore business, till them it stinks of so much desire for victims, not opponents, thinly veiled under the guise of making the game more interesting.

      Have a great day, cheers.
    • Hastatus wrote:

      jack12 wrote:

      Hastatus wrote:

      In the gatherer/ganker dynamic the gankers already had plenty of advantages, if the HO casting stays, which it probably will given how vocal and annoying the whiners were, hopefully SBI balances it out to make ganking a bit more riskier as well. Personally I think the outlaw debuff is too short, if gankers are operating in an area they should be tied to it for more than a few minutes, to allow at least some counterplay, as it is right now gankers can gank, run around for a few minutes, and then be gone with no risk of retaliation.
      Disagree.You are not supposed to be able to survive in the Blackzone. If people die on average 50% of the time, imo that would be great.
      Imagine how exciting gathering would be if you knew you got to be super concentrated because it is likely a group will try to kill you. BTW the game was like this a whil ago.
      Have a great Day, cheers
      People keep saying that, but rarely do these people who claim the BZ is supposed to be risky ever advocate for game changes that would improve the game at the expense of people who gank. Case in point, my comment you quoted was primarily about making the BZ riskier for gankers, by tying them to an area for longer periods of time in order to increase the amount of fights both gankers and counter gankers would run into, and you responded by ignoring it entirely to state what hundreds of other people have already stated: BZ supposed to be dangerous, so anything that makes it more dangerous for gatherers is good.
      Every change I see suggested to make the game more "hardcore" always involves making it easier for people ganking to attack people who are either gathering, transporting, or dungeoning, basically anyone who would automatically be at a disadvantage in a fight. When gankers start advocating for changes that will let people who want pvp fight OTHER people who want pvp, I'll believe this whole hardcore business, till them it stinks of so much desire for victims, not opponents, thinly veiled under the guise of making the game more interesting.

      Have a great day, cheers.
      -this..... a proper fight, a fair fight not the bully picking on the smallest kid at school for lunch money. 10 gankers vs 1 should only end one way unless the gankers are really , really bad players.
    • Hastatus wrote:

      jack12 wrote:

      Hastatus wrote:

      In the gatherer/ganker dynamic the gankers already had plenty of advantages, if the HO casting stays, which it probably will given how vocal and annoying the whiners were, hopefully SBI balances it out to make ganking a bit more riskier as well. Personally I think the outlaw debuff is too short, if gankers are operating in an area they should be tied to it for more than a few minutes, to allow at least some counterplay, as it is right now gankers can gank, run around for a few minutes, and then be gone with no risk of retaliation.
      Disagree.You are not supposed to be able to survive in the Blackzone. If people die on average 50% of the time, imo that would be great.
      Imagine how exciting gathering would be if you knew you got to be super concentrated because it is likely a group will try to kill you. BTW the game was like this a whil ago.
      Have a great Day, cheers
      People keep saying that, but rarely do these people who claim the BZ is supposed to be risky ever advocate for game changes that would improve the game at the expense of people who gank. Case in point, my comment you quoted was primarily about making the BZ riskier for gankers, by tying them to an area for longer periods of time in order to increase the amount of fights both gankers and counter gankers would run into, and you responded by ignoring it entirely to state what hundreds of other people have already stated: BZ supposed to be dangerous, so anything that makes it more dangerous for gatherers is good.
      Every change I see suggested to make the game more "hardcore" always involves making it easier for people ganking to attack people who are either gathering, transporting, or dungeoning, basically anyone who would automatically be at a disadvantage in a fight. When gankers start advocating for changes that will let people who want pvp fight OTHER people who want pvp, I'll believe this whole hardcore business, till them it stinks of so much desire for victims, not opponents, thinly veiled under the guise of making the game more interesting.

      Have a great day, cheers.
      Thank You for wishing me a great day. :D

      You are 100% right, the gankers do not want a fair fight. Gankers are not strong players. They look for the advantage and want to make silver or just get some kills - in general. What they have on their side is that they grouped up with other players and are making a strategy - this is not easy and you got to explain and wait for people which is definetly frustrating at times.

      Often when you fight Gankers, after you kill 2-3 they all start running, although that is not a fair fight either, we got fighting gear, they just got numbers but still ganking gear.
      It would be great to make it more riskier for Gankers. the longer outlaw thing i dont think will help much because they would have to stay dismounted for longer and maybe be stuck in the zone for longer. Maybe if the new blackzone outlays have some more "newbie-traps" but then also gatherers would get trapped often and the gankers would still not give a good fight just maybe more would die.

      I dont know what the solution is, I go back to the idea that groups are supposed to fight for control of zones. Fight the Gankers out of your zone, Or claim a zone by ganking it and being ready to fight aswell.

      I hope you have another Great Day Today! cheers
    • liriose wrote:

      Replace the X ( a fixed number ) by a X%, it will help to not trash everything in ZvZ.
      Put a % of people involved, instead of people in the zone.
      Here a table of trashrate in X killed by Y killers (15% is the minimum trashrate)

      X killed by Y1vs21vs73vs53vs920vs50
      trashrate for X fixed15%100%30%100%100%
      trashrate for X%30%100%25%45%37,5%

      if you want to get rid of the insane outnumbered fights then the HO change won't solve it, they need to change the trash rate to discourage such behavior, no loot means breaking them into smaller groups giving you a better chance at escape. That however doesn't seem to be the original intention of the post, but rather where the discussion has led.
    • jack12 wrote:

      Hastatus wrote:

      In the gatherer/ganker dynamic the gankers already had plenty of advantages, if the HO casting stays, which it probably will given how vocal and annoying the whiners were, hopefully SBI balances it out to make ganking a bit more riskier as well. Personally I think the outlaw debuff is too short, if gankers are operating in an area they should be tied to it for more than a few minutes, to allow at least some counterplay, as it is right now gankers can gank, run around for a few minutes, and then be gone with no risk of retaliation.
      Disagree.
      You are not supposed to be able to survive in the Blackzone. If people die on average 50% of the time, imo that would be great.
      Imagine how exciting gathering would be if you knew you got to be super concentrated because it is likely a group will try to kill you. BTW the game was like this a whil ago.
      Have a great Day, cheers
      Tell that to everyone in a big alliance... when I was in a big alliance I never died in the blacks.

      I gathered a lot, I even farmed solo in those t8 open world dungeons with a holy staff, it was safer than red zones.

      The problem with black zones is that it's way too safe for large alliances and impossible for solos.
    • Agrafka wrote:

      well, as a gatherer i have to say that our acting as 'rats' is absolutely necessary when it appears a bunch of gankers. How you imagine gathering high level resources? Even now its very very hard. And big alliances don't care about gatheres, so there is no protection for us other than this hideouts
      Stop projecting.

      Low risk = low reward
      High risk = high reward

      This game should be this way and you stop projecting.
    • Syndic wrote:

      The belief of the people who championed this change is that you will continue to go out to gather into the BZ.
      This is so not going to happen though.

      j0ei wrote:

      Simple solution to all you gatherer's problems: LEARN PVP

      In the blackzone - it's the law of the jungle, you can't expect absolute safety since this game is all about "Risk vs Reward"

      You can either spend 10 years gathering in the yellow zone if you want to be completely protected by the game
      or
      You can spend a few hours in the black zone with considerable amount of risks (including being ganked)

      Now you're either the prey or you become the predator.

      Worried about 10-20 man gank groups terrorizing you for weeks as you get farmed like livestock? Join a PvP guild that offers PvP content with a good amount of players that all sign up to fight for whatever cause you believe in that favors you. Honestly not that hard, unless you're a solo hardcore gatherer who only wants everything silver spoon-fed
      What a BS argument. I know competitive PvP better than 99% of this player base and yet I despise ganking and anything to do with it. The game has been designed to be unfair for anyone not playing with 10 miserable internet friends that have no better use for their time.

      Just sit down, remain silent and enjoy this pathetic excuse for a PvP game while it lasts.

      Any form of unregulated PvP encounter boils down to simple griefing. Ganking is a trash fire that people enjoy doing because they themselves are trash. And people who allegedly like the danger of getting completely rekt unfairly are eating gruel as if it was a gourmet dinner.

      You seem to forget that people are always free to uninstall the game and not bother playing anymore. It's not like this game offers anything unique outside freedom and incentive to grief.

      If I have to worry about being farmed like livestock I would end my subscription without a second thought. Why do you think a great PvP game such as Albion went F2P? People who are paying for games don't like being treated as livestock, animals, sheep or prey to be taken advantage of.
      Slaves of reality