New character select menu is ugly

• I dont understand, when everytime you do UI change, you remove functionality from it

Why is total fame on character removed from login screen?

Why is silver amount on a character removed form login screen?

And how much more is PC version gonna suffer because you decided for the game to be fully mobile?
    • On top of the removal of information. You shrunk the email and pw input zone to a somewhat comical size. You also once against chose a low contrast font color, which makes the size problem even worse. Honestly. You have so much empty space on this screen. Stop making it harder to use in an attempt to make it more aesthetically pleasing.

Sure it is great you get to show off more art on the login screen, but it isn't called the art showing off screen. It's for logging in. Please make that the priority.
      Demon Lord - UwU
      CANCEL PIDDLE

The post was edited 1 time, last by Piddle ().

• Piddle wrote:

On top of the removal of information. You shrunk the email and pw input zone to a somewhat comical size. You also once against chose a low contrast font color, which makes the size problem even worse. Honestly. You have so much empty space on this screen. Stop making it harder to use in an attempt to make it more aesthetically pleasing.

Sure it is great you get to show off more art on the login screen, but it isn't called the art showing off screen. It's for logging in. Please make that the priority.
      If it was actually more aesthetically pleasing.. it covers half of the screen blocking background, red color screams in your eyes while everything else being cold toned, small fonts make your eyes pop up, and is just ugly. Bring back old menu.
      Get this rule: You don't fix or change something that isn't broken or that works well.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Unangwata ().

• tabooshka wrote:

I dont understand, when everytime you do UI change, you remove functionality from it

Why is total fame on character removed from login screen?

Why is silver amount on a character removed form login screen?

And how much more is PC version gonna suffer because you decided for the game to be fully mobile?
      And now characters location ain't listed, but only shown for selected character.

I honestly wonder why I should keep paying for prem when SBI don't care about customers like me - I have enough knowledge and time to make silver into prem, so..
    • I legitimately logged onto the forums just now to say this, I am glad that I am not the only one who thinks so.

This is like the change to building map icons all over again, jarring, unpleasant, and unnecessary changes to the UI and UX.

There is hardly anyone who plays this game who doesn't know that it is cross-platform, the notice just covers part of the beautiful log in art.

The only thing that should have been changed is having both a "Remember Me" and an "Auto Login" function.

Please Revert to the old design.
      Guild Master of American Craftsman
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
      T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester, Fisher

The post was edited 3 times, last by RenKatal: Addition of a point ().

• I have to say that I agree. The previous screen was much better in terms of design, The information, slightly opaque info panels on each side. If you wanted to add more to the log-in screen, all you needed to do was to give the option to select a biome-specific background. The banner along the bottom of the loading screen looks like a cheap pop-up you would see in a cheap mobile game. Really don't like that.
      Even a white rose has a black shadow.
    • pretty sure "Downgrade" the login menu was not stated in the balance patch notes

Return it back to its original status. where we can see player information
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • I'm going to add some more points that have not been brought up so far.

With the character names now being integrated into the selector screen and not appearing outside of it, it is harder to visually see which character you have selected. If you have multiple characters that have similar armor or appearance settings, it is extremely difficulty to notice which character you have without having to look twice.

There is less information on the character screen now that it is integrated into the left side of the screen. Silver has been removed from the list of things that were shown, which was nice for those people that have silver across character and want to be able to check allocation on a glance.

The design choice makes the readability of the screen very difficult. The big gold and red banner splits the screen in half, which makes the whole package of information hard to read. It makes the screen hard to visually digest, because your character and play button are visually cut away from the menu on the left. Because the banner is so close to the character and the character is so close to the foreground it also makes the depth of the scene very shallow. This in turn makes you feel really crammed on the screen and also lends to the feeling you get on this screen.

THERE IS SO MUCH SCREEN SPACE. There is no reason to "Unfold" the characters details down from the character upon selection - but this may be the only way that you can actually see that you have a character selected

In this manner, it doesn't feel continuous and it feels cumbersome on the eyes.
      I don't necessarily like the old screen, but this one is NOT an upgrade. I believe this could be done much better with better information delivery and visuals.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MrChip ().