Re: 1533 Accounts banned for third-party currency transactions

• xlSarge wrote:

Bummer that the season statue was left as default to punish several hundred members that were not involved in any wrong doing.

Moving forward, will the standard be that whole guilds will be subject to some form of repercussions in this type of situation? Or will this just be an isolated and targeted action?
      I think its pretty justified if they had removed all the rewards and recognition from BA for the season. Just not having the statue updated seems a little light, I wouldn't even consider that a punishment. If the guild won by having no contest because their strategies to win the season were influenced by RMT done by their leaders, then the whole guild don't really deserve the season win. Who did their leadership pay with real life incentives to stop another side from playing or zvz? Which shot-caller did they pay for to call for their side? How much of the season points were given to them that season from renters through last hitting castle lords that their guild leaders pushed to get because renters paid for their real life expenses? Ex-BA members also kept going around saying there was no "competition". If there was no competition because a few leaders in their guild made it that way, do they deserve first place for winning one of the least contested seasons in the game (mostly because it was influenced through cheating from their leadership)? These aren't just speculations or anything, they were caught and banned for RMT reasons as posted by SBI. They didn't go into full detail as to how they used real life money to influence their win, all they stated was that they were doing RMT. Real life money incentives are not equivalent to normal incentives a player that follows the rules can give (eg. in game silver vs real life currency). I'm not saying every member in BA should be punished for the actions of a few cheaters, but if a majority of the win was based on the actions of the cheaters, I don't believe they deserve any rewards. Especially if they didn't work for it and won it through "no competition" as they have stated.
    • ok so... that is a yes? when anyone within a guilds leadership chain is punished, the whole guild should also be punished?

you used a lot of words and blah blah blah but did not answer the question. If the answer is no, that only BA as a entire guild should be punished then this action is biased and targeted.
    • BOTH OF THE DANDY DUO ARE HERE NOW GUYS! TO FEED INTO THEIR OWN SELF IMPORTANCE!

Truly we are blessed with the two greatest minds in fan fiction writing. How BA did nothing wrong, and SBI was way too mean to them.

Mojo, the player they are specifically saying is a upstanding member of the community, if you remember, called a CTA on a streamer so that they could spam the hard R on his twitch and get him banned. That's like the least sordid thing.

Remember guys, these guild leaders spend 200 hours in the game each week. They have PhD in game development, organizational behavior, economics, pretty much they have whatever qualification they need at the moment. Truly experts at games and gaming.

If you enjoy their BA did nothing wrong fan fiction. You will also love their newest fan fiction, "How guilds are really poor and SBI needs to buff their income, but also guilds have 10k+ laborers pumping out infinite silver."

I'll be honest. The plot in new story makes absolutely zero sense.
      Demon Lord - UwU
      CANCEL PIDDLE
    • Piddle wrote:

BOTH OF THE DANDY DUO ARE HERE NOW GUYS! TO FEED INTO THEIR OWN SELF IMPORTANCE!

Truly we are blessed with the two greatest minds in fan fiction writing. How BA did nothing wrong, and SBI was way too mean to them.

Mojo, the player they are specifically saying is a upstanding member of the community, if you remember, called a CTA on a streamer so that they could spam the hard R on his twitch and get him banned. That's like the least sordid thing.

Remember guys, these guild leaders spend 200 hours in the game each week. They have PhD in game development, organizational behavior, economics, pretty much they have whatever qualification they need at the moment. Truly experts at games and gaming.

If you enjoy their BA did nothing wrong fan fiction. You will also love their newest fan fiction, "How guilds are really poor and SBI needs to buff their income, but also guilds have 10k+ laborers pumping out infinite silver."

I'll be honest. The plot in new story makes absolutely zero sense.

I'm intrigued if the authors get to combine all those confusing storylines at some point. I'm pretty sure after 13 seasons with lots of filler episodes and so much drama it only can get better with the 14th season, right? Right?
    • New

Depends whose caught. Leadership caught cheating, yes, no rewards for cheating, it's not a punishment, just no rewards because the cheater is the one that earned that guild that rrwward. Would they have gotten 1st place if their leaders didn't cheat? Did the members earn it or did they go around saying there was no competition due to the actions created by their cheating leaders? I'd agree the guild shouldn't be punished if they fought hard for it, but for the most part, their members said their rental empire and mass allying made it so they could do castles uncontested throughout majority of the Bz. They went around saying there's no one to fight, it's boring, no competition. So I don't believe the members should be rewarded, because a cheater did all the work for them and helped them get 1st. I don't see not paying out rewards for cheating a punishment, just not paying out rewards to players who didn't even earn them in the first place. I get that some of you spent a lot of time going around last hitting castle lords, but that shouldn't be rewarded.

The post was edited 3 times, last by thisismine ().

• New

Never said that was cheating, I'm saying that cheaters did all the work so the members could win the season doing barely anything. Like a hacker in a party getting a mammoth kill and splitting the loot like everyone helped when they barely did anything. Don't pay out or reward those who uses a cheater to win.
    • New

thisismine wrote:

Never said that was cheating, I'm saying that cheaters did all the work so the members could win the season doing barely anything. Like a hacker in a party getting a mammoth kill and splitting the loot like everyone helped when they barely did anything. Don't pay out or reward those who uses a cheater to win.
      What exactly did they do that was "cheating" that directly resulted in the season win, and which totally negates the hours of outpost and castle flipping done by hundreds of members several times a day?
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
    • New

thisismine wrote:

Ask Georg51 what guild he was in. Then ask him what guild he is in now.
      Demon Lord - UwU
      CANCEL PIDDLE
    • New

Georg51 wrote:

What exactly did they do that was "cheating" that directly resulted in the season win, and which totally negates the hours of outpost and castle flipping done by hundreds of members several times a day?
      Banned for RMT - real money trading.

Who knows, SBI didn't go into detail about it, just that BA leadership were banned for RMT reasons.

Although I don't know where or when or how they use RMT, real life money is a huge political tool that in game silver just can't match. A tool that no other player/guild can use unless you break the TOS. Whether it has an influence on a normal player's ability to go around castles and outposts uncontested or last hitting the lords from their renters is undetermined. How much political influence it has, whether it can cause players to "donate" castle lords, or incentivize guilds to ally 80+% of the BZ is unknown as no information on how RMT was done was given. All I can say is that it does have an impact and it undermines all the "effort" done by those who didn't break the rules. Unfortunately, effort is not the same as winning a fight for contested castles/outposts. All we know is that those outposts and castles were mostly uncontested, and just hours of outpost flipping uncontested should not automatically make winning the season.

For a guild who prides itself in its play politics in the game of Albion, they had a political tool, a currency, that no other player could use to influence their diplo-macy. Being able to use real money can gain huge political influences such as creating scenarios of being uncontested during "hours of outpost and castle flipping". So when BA members go around posting that there's nobody to fight, and that they are great at politics, I question doing "hours of outpost and castle flipping" uncontested is actually done because earned it, or because of the political actions of their leaders that have these tools for cheating. Maybe they fought no one during those times because they paid enemy shot-callers to join their guild and cripple their competition. Who knows what they spent that money on.

***Apparently diplo-macy is a censored word***

The post was edited 1 time, last by thisismine ().

• New

thisismine wrote:

Banned for RMT - real money trading.
      Go read the reason for the bans again.

thisismine wrote:

Whether it has an influence on a normal player's ability to go around castles and outposts uncontested or last hitting the lords from their renters is undetermined
      The sheer fact that you dance around the question makes it glaringly obvious that you can't answer it. Whether or not players were selling silver for real money (which they werent - see my response above), had absolutely nothing to with the work players put in flipping objectives and grinding for season points. You can't connect the two because they are not connected.

If anything - if leaders were RMTing and selling silver, it would have made the season win (and also BAF getting #2) much more difficult considering they would not have had the silver to pay GvG teams or pay for handholding help, regears, and everything else that goes into funding a ZvZ guild that was fighting multiple wars on almost every CTA timer while also pushing for #1 and #2 spots with two guilds.

thisismine wrote:

For a guild who prides itself in its play politics in the game of Albion, they had a political tool, a currency, that no other player could use to influence their diplo-macy. Being able to use real money can gain huge political influences such as creating scenarios of being uncontested during "hours of outpost and castle flipping". So when BA members go around posting that there's nobody to fight, and that they are great at politics, I question doing "hours of outpost and castle flipping" uncontested is actually done because earned it, or because of the political actions of their leaders that have these tools for cheating.
      So I will go ahead and for the 3rd time ask you - go ahead and have it make sense where guild leaders supposedly selling silver for real life money somehow makes it easier to get castles, towers, and pay GvG teams. Using hyperbole just because you can't compromise your conspiracy theory with logic doesn't prove anything except that you're making shit up just because you want to believe it.

I will simplify the question for you since you seem to need help understanding:

-How exactly would leaders RMTing silver directly gain the guild season points? Be specific.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Georg51 ().

• New

Oh, I guess BA leadership wasn't banned either. My mistake *sarcasm*. I get you're a die hard BA fan, but they were banned for rmt reasons. If you think otherwise, please tell me why you think they were banned.

For you to ask for specifics on how, where, when and why rmt was done, is impossible for anyone to give that answer since people have neither the tools nor the effort to do so. You probably already know that. The only information that was given was from the delevopers themselves that the bans are rmt related. Since none of that information is accessible other then what is shared, all I can give is examples of how rmt in general can directly influence your guilds ability to win the season. Including how it undermines your hours of "effort" doing caslte and outpost flipping that went uncontested that normal guilds don't get the luxury of getting. Given most situations where cheating or rule breaking is involved in real life, paying out rewards due to the actions of cheaters and rule breakers are generally not the norm. So again, I understand you put a lot of effort into getting uncontested season points, but guilds don't win on effort alone. And if rule by guild leaders breaking the rules had any way of affecting your ability to earn points, even under speculations, then you shouldn't be rewarded through the actions of a cheater.

What makes you think Rmt only works 1 way?

If you want examples of how rmt can influence a season win. Real life currency had more negotiating power vs in game silver. It can, as stated before, influence the politics of the game much more significantly then in game silver. A good example of the buying power of real life currency that in game silver can't do, is for example, you can pay players to not fight each other. You can buy players to quit, to join your guild, to shot call, you can buy shot callers from competitors and cripple an opposing zvz force. You can mass ally opposing forces through bribes. Your strategic objectives are influenced by rmt objectives where your goals can be to focus on mass allying to minimize cost, where a guild who is not influenced by rmt would not do for the sake of content. Where one guild is driven by making money and be objective focus, others are focus on content. Mass allying can then help you secure season points uncontested where your allies give you outposts and castles instead of having to fight for them. It can influence other large alliances not to attack your outposts in the back of the warfront and gain season points safely. It can buy gvg teams to leave their guilds. Being strategically focused on making real life money can also influence your zvz tactics such that it abuses cluster queues to win rather then focusing to fight with equal numbers. Therees a lot real money trading can influence in season points.

The post was edited 6 times, last by thisismine ().

• New

thisismine wrote:

but they were banned for rmt reasons. If you think otherwise, please tell me why you think they were banned.
      SBI stated multiple times and clarified multiple times that they were banned specifically for having the alt character of a banned player in the guild. They stated clearly that they were not banned for RMT, but for being associated with a banned player. They were never proven to RMT nor was it the reason for ban. I don't know how to better explain this to you.

thisismine wrote:

e, is impossible for anyone to give that answer since people have neither the tools nor the effort to do so
      Good, so we all agree that this whole "RMT is cheating therefore they cheated to win the season" argument is terribly flawed and just made-up nonsense.

Thanks for answering.