A new start

    • Greetings,

      After playing this game for years I made many suggestions, assumptions, and more. From time to time people were angry with me because they were salty and from time to time I was salty because this game was my dream game since pre-alpha.

      I am not going to blame anyone in this post. Please at least once take your time to read this post SBI.

      Broken game mechanics, multiple map changes, abuse of black zone, renting, corrupted dungeons and hg rattings, city plots, rat and broken metas, and cartels. I know that you tried to fix these problems but since Albion Online has a dynamic economy and real-time living second world it is hard.

      The economy is in a stage where it is not possible to recover through bans, taxes, and updates. You can control gold prices however, you can not control people with millions of gold and billions of silver.

      It may seem that the end goal of these rich people is to control the game in politics and economics however, as we can see the moment they feel like there is no interest in this game, they will sell all their assets (which occurred by bugs, gold bugs, cartels, and abusements through taxing newbies and robbing them).

      I made many suggestions with queen update on how people with numbers will dominate the game, economy and so more. Things happened we all learned and of course, you have the real-time data and all the experience from past years.

      So my suggestion is, it is possible to fix all these problems with a fresh start. Why? because from now on people who have an interest in other games will wait till that moment and sell their assets before they live and the remaining ones will get richer.

      This game lost the sense of mercantilist or medieval feudal gameplay for years, it gives the feeling of medieval capitalist abuse. Please consider this suggestion in consideration of upcoming games, increasing abusement and possible endings.

      I am not saying your game will die, I am saying that there is an alternative for better gameplay and profit.

      Thanks.
    • That is true BUT now they have the knowledge of blocking gold bugs and rmt. Also, they finally understood how bz is broken and how big guilds destroying the gaming experience for everyone. So as long as they improve the meta, make changes for the daily gameplay, and REMOVE or CHANGE THE CITY PLOT mechanism they can literally slow down and end cartels. Lastly, personal islands for unlimited production with macros can end this as well.
    • I don't think it would help.

      If you will put a virus to a new body - a result will be the same.

      And even worth, I think. I play this game for a few years.
      After last update with that f*cking bats in CD, I play this game without any attention when it's completely nothing to do. And I asked myself, why do I still launch it. And there are 2 points:
      - alternatives are not in release yet
      - I feel sorry for the time killed for character development

      If SBI will restart it - the first mistake I'll fix will be a character creation in this game. And according to discord talks with other players - a lot of people feels the same.
      So, I'm afraid Albion will lose a lot of players after wipe. But issues, which are a cause of the current game state will lead to the same again.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Back.Off.Outlaw ().

    • It would be great if they made it that each 3 months all items get wiped.
      This would create a fresh start but everyone who has fame/silver would still have advantage so the main elemnts of RPG would remain.

      Maybe not the best solution, but if they reset everything many would leave.
    • ziigii wrote:

      It would be great if they made it that each 3 months all items get wiped.
      This would create a fresh start but everyone who has fame/silver would still have advantage so the main elemnts of RPG would remain.

      Maybe not the best solution, but if they reset everything many would leave.
      This sounds like an even worse solution tbh. A half wipe only benefits the wealthy, but mostly annoys everyone (annoys A LOT).
    • Gabumon wrote:

      ziigii wrote:

      It would be great if they made it that each 3 months all items get wiped.
      This would create a fresh start but everyone who has fame/silver would still have advantage so the main elemnts of RPG would remain.

      Maybe not the best solution, but if they reset everything many would leave.
      This sounds like an even worse solution tbh. A half wipe only benefits the wealthy, but mostly annoys everyone (annoys A LOT).
      It would hurt the wealthy the most since it would wipe large collections of endless hoarding. Wealthy are more incentivised to hoard because they don't need silver asap. New players need silver a lot more and they sell everything on the market. Hoarding is a big reason for stale economy that goes nowhere and there is no reason not to hoard atm.

      I played games that had a reset like that and it worked great.
    • ziigii wrote:

      Gabumon wrote:

      ziigii wrote:

      It would be great if they made it that each 3 months all items get wiped.
      This would create a fresh start but everyone who has fame/silver would still have advantage so the main elemnts of RPG would remain.

      Maybe not the best solution, but if they reset everything many would leave.
      This sounds like an even worse solution tbh. A half wipe only benefits the wealthy, but mostly annoys everyone (annoys A LOT).
      It would hurt the wealthy the most since it would wipe large collections of endless hoarding. Wealthy are more incentivised to hoard because they don't need silver asap. New players need silver a lot more and they sell everything on the market. Hoarding is a big reason for stale economy that goes nowhere and there is no reason not to hoard atm.
      I played games that had a reset like that and it worked great.
      Go play those games then
    • Gabumon wrote:

      ziigii wrote:

      Gabumon wrote:

      ziigii wrote:

      It would be great if they made it that each 3 months all items get wiped.
      This would create a fresh start but everyone who has fame/silver would still have advantage so the main elemnts of RPG would remain.

      Maybe not the best solution, but if they reset everything many would leave.
      This sounds like an even worse solution tbh. A half wipe only benefits the wealthy, but mostly annoys everyone (annoys A LOT).
      It would hurt the wealthy the most since it would wipe large collections of endless hoarding. Wealthy are more incentivised to hoard because they don't need silver asap. New players need silver a lot more and they sell everything on the market. Hoarding is a big reason for stale economy that goes nowhere and there is no reason not to hoard atm.I played games that had a reset like that and it worked great.
      Go play those games then
      I'm sorry that having a discussion about something that's never going to happen got you triggered so much.
    • ziigii wrote:

      It would hurt the wealthy the most since it would wipe large collections of endless hoarding. Wealthy are more incentivised to hoard because they don't need silver asap. New players need silver a lot more and they sell everything on the market. Hoarding is a big reason for stale economy that goes nowhere and there is no reason not to hoard atm.
      Pick up and share!)
      This man played such games too!)))
    • Back.Off.Outlaw wrote:

      ziigii wrote:

      It would hurt the wealthy the most since it would wipe large collections of endless hoarding. Wealthy are more incentivised to hoard because they don't need silver asap. New players need silver a lot more and they sell everything on the market. Hoarding is a big reason for stale economy that goes nowhere and there is no reason not to hoard atm.
      Pick up and share!)This man played such games too!)))
      You know, your earlyer comment,


      Back.Off.Outlaw wrote:

      I don't think it would help.

      If you will put a virus to a new body - a result will be the same.

      And even worth, I think. I play this game for a few years.
      After last update with that f*cking bats in CD, I play this game without any attention when it's completely nothing to do. And I asked myself, why do I still launch it. And there are 2 points:
      - alternatives are not in release yet
      - I feel sorry for the time killed for character development

      If SBI will restart it - the first mistake I'll fix will be a character creation in this game. And according to discord talks with other players - a lot of people feels the same.
      So, I'm afraid Albion will lose a lot of players after wipe. But issues, which are a cause of the current game state will lead to the same again.
      Got me thinking as to why I even respond to trolls on this forums, and to be honest, I have had enough. The forum is dead. Any discussions end up in someone trolling and nothing discussed here makes it in the game.
      So I'm done with this.

      Also that guy knew whats up. We should build a flag after the reset so it fits the theme.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by ziigii ().

    • Think again who is trolling, dear.

      You're the one (once again) asking for a change that will upsed 99% of the players, that has been stated plenty times WILL NEVER happen, and defend it with 0 arguments aside from "I think is good" and "Other games did that and was cool!"

      Give facts, not opinions.

      Edit: Will use my last analogy on this kind of thread to give a better example: You like McDonalds, so you go to Starbuck and tell them McDonalds gives you a free drink with any purchase, so you tell them is good for their business to do the same. That's rude and you know, it does not apply to every bussiness/game.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Gabumon ().

    • Gabumon wrote:

      Give facts, not opinions.

      ...

      ziigii wrote:

      It would hurt the wealthy the most since it would wipe large collections of endless hoarding. Wealthy are more incentivised to hoard because they don't need silver asap. New players need silver a lot more and they sell everything on the market. Hoarding is a big reason for stale economy that goes nowhere and there is no reason not to hoard atm.

      Gave you all these and you conviniently skipped over and focused on this

      ziigii wrote:

      I played games that had a reset like that and it worked great.
      Great strawman dude. Will you build be annother one?

      BTW you didn't argue any of these points. You just went on a tantrum. Terrible way to conduct a discussion but a good way to have an argument.
    • ziigii wrote:

      Gabumon wrote:

      Give facts, not opinions.
      ...

      ziigii wrote:

      It would hurt the wealthy the most since it would wipe large collections of endless hoarding. Wealthy are more incentivised to hoard because they don't need silver asap. New players need silver a lot more and they sell everything on the market. Hoarding is a big reason for stale economy that goes nowhere and there is no reason not to hoard atm.
      Gave you all these and you conviniently skipped over and focused on this

      ziigii wrote:

      I played games that had a reset like that and it worked great.
      Great strawman dude. Will you build be annother one?
      BTW you didn't argue any of these points. You just went on a tantrum. Terrible way to conduct a discussion but a good way to have an argument.
      Your point implies that wealthy players won't just store silver and hoard as much as possible if stockpiles were going to be deleted. I personally would hoard silver and gold in that situation.