Weapon choices

• Weapon choices

Started playing about a week ago.

Have t4 mace, frost, and dagger. Looking at 1h mace, 1h/great staff, and bloodletter respectively.

The content that appeals most to me gvg, zvz, hellgates, and some open world PvP.

Any advice on narrowing down which weapon to main? I like how flexible all 3 are, and I find bloodletter and 1h mace to be the most flexible. Frost is versatile, but feels like you need a different staff for every situation, whereas 1h and bloodletter can do all the content well by themselves.
    • Frost is extremely versatile in general and can be used in most contents. Bloodletter is not really good, is used, but few, and very expensive to be efficient. Mace is very versatile too, but will depend on the meta.

Probably you won't find a weapon to use EVERYWHERE, since zvz and small scale needs different kinds of weapons.
    • JohnsonChicklet wrote:

Leaning towards having mace and/or frost as my main. Thing is I feel like I can do all content with 1h mace. Might be nice to use Morningstar if I am gonna do zvz.

How about frost though? What are the different staffs best for?
      Morningstar is great for zvz but very hard to use. Camlann mace is the most common there.

Frost, you have 2 main options: 1 handed frost, wich is absolutely great for small scale, ganking and hellgates (5vs5 and 10vs10 at least) and crystals, and Permafrost, wich is excelent in ZvZ, small and medium fights. Both are a blast to use, very fun and I highly suggest you gettign to know both. There is also Icicle Staff wich is a great support weapon but is played with more of tanky items than dps.
    • I have played the following frost staffs: 1h, perma, icicle, and great. I like perma, but don’t want to have to deal with artifact leveling and it’s high cost at this point. I like 1h the best, but I’m not sure if it is the most versatile? Others have said great frost staff is the most versatile, but I really can’t think of a single scenario where it’s e is better than any of the other staff’s e ability. Am I missing something?

Which frost staff would you recommend maining, and what are some build ideas for it? (So far, I like doing solo dungeons, arenas, and challenging people to 1v1 duels. I’d like to get into gvg and zvz when I join a guild, and I am almost high enough item level to start doing corrupted dungeons. So, I am mostly looking for an item that will be good for solo dungeons, corrupted dungeons, small scale open world pvp).
    • Great Frost is pointless so whoever said that, is wrong.

1h Frost has versatility in two main ways: 1: Being one handed allows offhands. Offhands allows versatility (mainly because you can use tome of spells and tailor a fast casting build without having to sacrifice too many slots or passives). 2: The E is strong, very very strong. The damage is high, the cc is great and it can be used on the offensive and defensive, to damage or to kite. Overall, since Frost Staves rely on their Q for damage, having a CC E is fantastic. Thats why Permafrost is great too. On the other hand, Great Frost is... okay? No CC means harder time landing Q combo, delay on waves means low reliability on its damage... So, I don't see many scenarios where great frost is "GREAT". Leveling up artifacts isd exactly the same time as leveling up non artifacts, and they have the bonus of having extra IP. Permafrost for instance is 75 IP higher than regular staves, making it almost a whole tier ahead. While you will prefer a T8 staff, Permafrost on 4.3 is about the same, so do not be afraid of its "artifact" tag, because is not too crazy.

I really recomend you get to know both 1h and Permafrost for max reliability and versatility, but if I have to choose one, One handed frost staff is better for me. All the good traits I said above makes it the prime choice for me, and if I can only bring one or the other, aside from ZvZ, I will pick 1h staff every single time. In ZvZ permafrost is too amazing to pass, but is pretty hard to master.
    • Gabumon wrote:

Great Frost is pointless so whoever said that, is wrong.

1h Frost has versatility in two main ways: 1: Being one handed allows offhands. Offhands allows versatility (mainly because you can use tome of spells and tailor a fast casting build without having to sacrifice too many slots or passives). 2: The E is strong, very very strong. The damage is high, the cc is great and it can be used on the offensive and defensive, to damage or to kite. Overall, since Frost Staves rely on their Q for damage, having a CC E is fantastic. Thats why Permafrost is great too. On the other hand, Great Frost is... okay? No CC means harder time landing Q combo, delay on waves means low reliability on its damage... So, I don't see many scenarios where great frost is "GREAT". Leveling up artifacts isd exactly the same time as leveling up non artifacts, and they have the bonus of having extra IP. Permafrost for instance is 75 IP higher than regular staves, making it almost a whole tier ahead. While you will prefer a T8 staff, Permafrost on 4.3 is about the same, so do not be afraid of its "artifact" tag, because is not too crazy.

I really recomend you get to know both 1h and Permafrost for max reliability and versatility, but if I have to choose one, One handed frost staff is better for me. All the good traits I said above makes it the prime choice for me, and if I can only bring one or the other, aside from ZvZ, I will pick 1h staff every single time. In ZvZ permafrost is too amazing to pass, but is pretty hard to master.”

thanks for the help, mate