1533 Accounts banned for third-party currency transactions

• Triforce wrote:

You realise those rules that you proudly copy pasted from TOS as a token of intelligence were not broke by the BA leadership?
      It is not enough to copy paste rules and interpret it your way to fit your narrative.

About the article 13.3, no manipulation with the use of a tool has happened within BA.

Also no transaction for real life money has been recorded on the BA leadership accounts.

Article 15.5.4 the SBI statement never mentioned the BA leadership engaging in cheating or any other form of abuse as specified in this article

Again you provide nothing but TOS articles that were not broke by BA leadership to fit a narrative where the poeple you deem evil are responsible for everything ruining albion while also ignoring SBI statements on the matter.

/laugh :kek: :yoursuchaclown:
      The point you guys are failing to grasp is these people were in the supply chain for RMTers. As I posted from the TOS, cheating and RMT is bannable. Again, did you miss the part they were using guild assets to support RMT operations? So, because these people weren't directly cheating on their main account somehow shields them from being banned despite being warned to stop supporting them? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

So, I can cheat, dupe, RMT as long as I use an alt account and my other accounts are 100% safe? LMFAO.

I'm glad SBI banned the cheaters and RMTers. I'm glad they are banning every single account that is involved in the supply chain. Good riddance.

/laugh

The post was edited 1 time, last by SHARKY: removed RMT accusation directed at whole of Blue Army ().

• tabooshka wrote:

I imagine if they really wanted to enforce this, they would need to ban every "content creator" that does giveaways in exchange for subs, which is literally RMT.

So, the question is, why is giving away silver for subs allowed?

Or are content creators entitled like BA leadership was and you dont care?
      SBI did put a stop to a lot of the giveaways that were going on and it is bannable. If you know someone still giving away silver/items for subs/donations you need to report them.
    • Wydoyolo wrote:

He might be random guy named Syndic (which I don't believe is true, since almost everyone knows who Syndic is, so it's not 'random' guy) but for sure the game is not PRIVATE. It's a product (service) offered to customers (players) around the world.
      I think you're misunderstanding the word PRIVATE. It's a private game made available to everyone in the world.
      The government didn't create Albion...

And the fact that he is known among players doesn't change anything, let him go to president of stillfront and tell him "I'm syndic, POE leader in Albion Online game I won't tolerate this" I'd like to see his reaction.
    • In legal terms what we are talking about is Accessory Before the Fact, and Accessory After the Fact.

Accessory before the fact definition: A person who aids, abets or encourages another to commit a crime but who is not present at the scene. An accessory before the face, like and accomplice, may be held criminally liable to the same extent as the principal. AKA an accomplice.

Source: law.cornell.edu/wex/accessory_before_the_fact

Accessory after the fact definition: Someone who assists 1) someone who has committed a crime, 2) after the person has committed the crime, 3) with knowledge that the person committed the crime, and 4) with the intent to help the person avoid arrest or punishments. An accessory after the fact may be held liable for, among other things, Obstruction of Justice.

Source: law.cornell.edu/wex/accessory_after_the_fact

Based on legal precedent it sounds as if the devs are on sound legal footing to handle the situation as they did.
    • SouthernBelle wrote:

In legal terms what we are talking about is Accessory Before the Fact, and Accessory After the Fact.

Accessory before the fact definition: A person who aids, abets or encourages another to commit a crime but who is not present at the scene. An accessory before the face, like and accomplice, may be held criminally liable to the same extent as the principal. AKA an accomplice.

Source: law.cornell.edu/wex/accessory_before_the_fact

Accessory after the fact definition: Someone who assists 1) someone who has committed a crime, 2) after the person has committed the crime, 3) with knowledge that the person committed the crime, and 4) with the intent to help the person avoid arrest or punishments. An accessory after the fact may be held liable for, among other things, Obstruction of Justice.

Source: law.cornell.edu/wex/accessory_after_the_fact

Based on legal precedent it sounds as if the devs are on sound legal footing to handle the situation as they did.
      Game doesn't follow criminal law though, aka you can't make criminal case out of breaking ToS of video game. So while it fits your narrative and this example is almost spot on (if you still believe it does -> ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4797953/ ), it has nothing to do with what we are talking about here.
      Make HCE lvl 15+ BZ only
    • Aurin wrote:

ToeJamming wrote:

taken out some massive in game loans to kick start my own guild
      You could have got yourself flagged if you were trading silver from players who were actually RMT'n.
      they got back to me and said 'you traded with a known seller, we see no reason to reverse our decision'. Bit stunned , it actually made me laugh because i don't know who is a seller and who isn't, they said it wasn't the silver either. $500 usd fort four weeks (3x character premium and $100 of gold) then banned and this is the reply. Money doesn't grow on trees and i justified it to myself based on the $$ per day for year, I got four weeks so not very impressed, I can't see myself throwing any money towards SBI after this lot of shenanigans.
    • Guirssane wrote:

Don't wanna get banned? Don't buy gold anywhere but to SBI. Simple as that, stop whining :D.
      sigh, I didn't and I'm not replying here because I have answers as good as I'm ever going to get. I severely doubt I will get my account and three characters back and as a result lost $500usd 3x12 months premium and 2x gold purchase $100usd. a lot of money but hey I based it on getting a years gaming. Whining here achieves nothing, pretty much the same as a toxic reply from someone like yourself does. I forgot how many legends in a lunchbox exist on a forum, great retro throwback.
    • New

I started playing AO in the beta, months of subscriptions, millions of silvers, thousands of golds, I'm not even talking about $ 100 for the founder's pack, and I'm banned from day to day. next day for "third-party currency transactions" while the silvers I received was due to an event.
      In short, I love the game I created another account to continue playing, SBI now has thousands of players whether you are a founder or new SBI have absolutely nothing to do and you ban without even asking questions ... It's sad.
      (I am also a dev, I have a minimum of respect for those who put time in my game, which was not the case with SBI 0.0 )
    • New

ToeJamming wrote:

Guirssane wrote:

Don't wanna get banned? Don't buy gold anywhere but to SBI. Simple as that, stop whining :D.
      sigh, I didn't and I'm not replying here because I have answers as good as I'm ever going to get. I severely doubt I will get my account and three characters back and as a result lost $500usd 3x12 months premium and 2x gold purchase $100usd. a lot of money but hey I based it on getting a years gaming. Whining here achieves nothing, pretty much the same as a toxic reply from someone like yourself does. I forgot how many legends in a lunchbox exist on a forum, great retro throwback.
      You keep acting like how much money you spent has any relevance to what is going on. Which is weird, because the general consensus is that SBI protects you little whales to the death so that they can fill their greedy little coffers. But, the reality is that how much you spend or give SBI shouldn't impact their choices when it comes to disciplining players.

So, sorry you spent a lot of money and then decided to cheat. But, the one has nothing to do with the other. It was just you digging your own hole and then burying yourself in it.
      Demon Lord - UwU
      CANCEL PIDDLE
    • New

Piddle wrote:

ToeJamming wrote:

Guirssane wrote:

You keep acting like how much money you spent has any relevance to what is going on. Which is weird, because the general consensus is that SBI protects you little whales to the death so that they can fill their greedy little coffers. But, the reality is that how much you spend or give SBI shouldn't impact their choices when it comes to disciplining players.
      So, sorry you spent a lot of money and then decided to cheat. But, the one has nothing to do with the other. It was just you digging your own hole and then burying yourself in it.
      He never said he cheated, at some point you would have to use the little muscle in his head :) SBI ban cheaters? Fine but what would be the point of buying gold and then buying silvers? it is only waste, as I said above SBI are just 1head on the bans, they do not observe and nothing and do that on guesses, for devs it is sloppy and disrespectful work for the players that they take time and invest money on AO, there are hundreds of in-game bots (but they do not waste an money is not it :) ) in short SBI that they continue to develop their games and leave the management of cheaters to more competent people.
    • New

The thing that is a bit confusing to me is, a person has spent $500 USD dollars on gold to fill 3 characters with 12 months of premium and then have 100 Dollars worth of gold on him, but has to turn around and "borrow" silver from a mysterious a person? I feel like there could be details in the story that are missing. Also it was noted that silver wasn't the reason for the ban so perhaps they detected something else like botting, auto looting, speed hax's I dunno.

Anyways I have invested a hell of a lot of money on this game and if I was banned for no reason I'd be furious. Hopefully they revealed in private messages the reason for the ban.
    • New

I heard too many stories about people getting banned for accepting silver in trades to not think there is a problem in the system. If you're legitimately taking silver in exchange for goods or service, you have no way of knowing where that silver came from and is it red-flagged. Thinking about it logically, there's also no way for SBI to know if Player A is gifting player B 5 mil silver because XYZ or because RMT, so they auto-ban.

I think a much better system would be to ban the "seller" account and simply remove the silver from the "buyer" account. That way innocent people don't get banhammered for shit that is okay, and sellers don't benefit it.
    • New

For my part we have carried out several tournaments, I was not friends with people and I received hundreds of millions for my guild and me in relation to our victories, it is one of the rare times that I received so much money from "strangers".
      Before ban, investigations should be made or questions asked on the source of the money (knowing that I am sure that SBI has a tracer to see where the silvers come from but hey ^^)
    • New

It would be interesting to get even a conservative estimate on the amount of Silver/Gold that has been exchanged through RMT over the years.

Even if SBI choose not to sue for damages im sure there are other legal agencies will be interested in the aquired & untaxed sums of cash.

Right now, to buy Gold legitimate through SBI to exchange for Silver it would cost $1500 US per billion. What do rmt charge? Half? 25%?
      So 400-800$ ber Bil. How many hundreds Billions have been exchanged over the years?