1533 Accounts banned for third-party currency transactions

• AooeYeZee wrote:

Hostility wrote:

@AooeYeZee you better watch out, bro. Korn is gonna sic his cyber police on you. They are sophisticated enough to read through logs and link two accounts together via IP. You're done, kid.
      You really think i care about Albion Online?! Only people stuck on a potato computer sticking to that game in 2021 cuz they can't play anything else . FACT

Nedjii wrote:

AooeYeZee wrote:

Korn wrote:

noxmortus wrote:

Bottom line it is a fail on behalf of the new community manager. They deliberately named Blue Army and attributed banning to them. Had SBI followed their policy as they had done over the last 5+ years and not naming individuals/guilds, this entire post saga would never have eventuated. This is a lesson learned for SBI about choosing your community managers. Make sure they adhere to the company policy and do not let (perceived) agendas overrule historic approaches.
      These bans were decided on the company/management level, including the statement that we issued alongside.As a general point, also stated above, it's quite obvious that we did not do enough to combat more sophisticated RMT in the past (i.e. the type where the organisers make sure that their game accounts stay out of it). The challenge here is that investigations are complex and take time, and we only just recently expanded our team size and capabilities enough to run them on a larger scale.
      Also, note that we have received note that some parties being concerned about our expanded efforts are trying to push certain narratives such that we back down (something about "bad PR for SBI"). The chance that this is will happen is exactly 0, it's quite frankly a good motivator to do better.
      Stop with your bullshit @Korn . The SBI playbook is well known from any veteran now.It's been 5 years now than we know all your smoking tricks when it come to the damage control than is usually pulled out following failure from your staff.It is obvious than your new CM did an huge mistake than wasn't endorsed by the company
      Why Nesnes has been quiet from the very day 1 (like she is in time out)
      Why you stepped up as the current PR (as in any historic similar event) if it wasn't the case?
      Why SBI still quiet about the fact than "Nesnes" got evicted 2 TIMES by Blue Army when she was a simple player and playing in Fricks?
      (without mentionning than Fricks is also where Mamono (Elevate) is coming from)
      Why for the single time in 5 years than SBI doing "name shaming" the CM in charge has actual grudge against the targetted people in that "name shaming"
      TOO MUCH COINCINDENCES !!!!!

Then come the "Turtle defensive mode" when you stop replying (and usually working on your next move than gonna have to stick with the narrative of your damage control)
      We already saw that numerous time and it is usually when the SBI censorship is about to hit
      Remember when the game was unplayable if more than 50 people was fighting on the same zone and anyone than was dropping video of those horrible lagfest was instant banned by Elsa on albion official discord or Reddit?
      Remember when the "goldseller criminals DDOS" happened?

(When you have to assume to be the first video game launching without any DDOS MITIGATION for avoiding extra cost, while all of that coincidently happened on the same time you realised than you had to use CasandraDB on Linux server instead on Windows server?)

TECH FAILS #2 (A POST-LAUNCH DISASTER)
      • After 12-18 hours under full load, Cassandra suddenly became unresponsive for 5-8 minutes, killing the game• Unable to fix this for > 2 weeks 
      • solution: get a consultant – move from Windows to Linux (like everyone else)
      • problem was disc IO bottleneck between Cassandra and Windows RAID controller driver
      • Try to use technology the same way everyone else is using it!
      https://davidsalz.de/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Albion-Online-devcom-Cologne-2018.pdf

We still don't have any evidence beside suspiscious screenshots of Berciliak than that story was the truth, and AGAIN anyone than was arguing about unconsistence in any of your fancy stories was instantly silenced/banned from reddit/discord for avoiding them to spread their analysis than wasn't supporting the narrative you was pushing...

So what's coming next ?
      Is Elsa coming back as temporary CM for censoring anyone spreading "harmfull and dangerous thinking against SBI"?

Is it time for us to do mandatory CTA's asking to our people for flooding channels than you can't moderate with THE TRUTH
      as STEAM REVIEWS as others Reddit pages like r/MMORPG revealing all the evidences of your wrongdoing ?

Can't it just be more easier if SBI was acting correctly, assuming what they did wrong in total transparency and showing respect to their players and community?
      Mistakes are human and are always better accepted if admitted and in my opinion this is the main cause for why so many veterans players left the game before going F2P when the game was in an horrible shape and almost dead...

Will you learn from your mistakes finally?

Much love i have to assume than i'm waiting that for a VERY LONG TIME, and one thing is sure you choose the perfect timing for shooting in your feet !

@Korn @Elsa @Nesnes @NesnesGM @Eltharyon
      Makes no sense, Elevate is disbanded, Mamono wasn't even in the guild anymore so this point doesn't stand.Fricks has been allies to Blue army after getting evicted by them, they didn't seem to have any hard feeling, harrassing SBI about your leadership finally banned after years of RMT won't change anything.
      The whole point is that CM is an ex player than was evicted by the people she is name shamingHow will you react if one BA player get promoted as new CM and target Elevate for example?
      Will you not see "unproffesional behavior connected to in-game grudges"? RIGHT
      If they had proof of Elevate RMTing, I'd love to see them banned. The constant in all of this is that ANYONE doing the WRONG THING should be punished.
    • Syndic wrote:

Korn wrote:

These bans were decided on the company/management level, including the statement that we issued alongside.

As a general point, also stated above, it's quite obvious that we did not do enough to combat more sophisticated RMT in the past (i.e. the type where the organisers make sure that their game accounts stay out of it). The challenge here is that investigations are complex and take time, and we only just recently expanded our team size and capabilities enough to run them on a larger scale.

Also, note that we have received note that some parties being concerned about our expanded efforts are trying to push certain narratives such that we back down (something about "bad PR for SBI"). The chance that this is will happen is exactly 0, it's quite frankly a good motivator to do better.
      You don't understand the problematic so I'm gonna explain to you thoroughly.

RMT being bad and getting people banned is indisputable and not a topic that is even up for discussion.

THE ISSUE with your actions is as follows in simple terms;

1. Name & Shame

- You breaking company policy of no-naming and no-shaming directly and instantly resulted in every single member of BA/BAF being witch-hunted.
      - The aforementioned breaking of company policy and witch-hunting directly contributed to a part of your community taking the witch-hunt out of game and CTA-harassing a gofundme campaign started by Pareille and X other situations that are happening even now.
      - Out of 1533 accounts you've named and shamed 1 guild and 1-X accounts with a blanket label of BA leadership.

These are factual things and your responsibility (at least moral) is clearly a matter of cause and effect, even if you write it off as a "not on my platform" it should still exist assuming you're a human being with a degree of empathy.

2. Selective TOS Enforcement

- You have done nothing to deal with harassment and slandering going on in-game and out-of-game, which is evident first and foremost in how every alliance leader in the game including me is "obviously RMTing" - take a look at your game, your subreddit, your forums if you think I'm wrong.
      - You have done nothing to protect the innocent players from being cyber-bullied, witch-hunted and harassed, which if I remember correctly drove a player to a suicidal state a few years back.
      - Some players like Durateen are banned on every account they make, some players like Shiro, Warriz, LebronJames, QueenBR, DelNegr0, Mamono and many others are left to play freely on new or old accounts.

This is also pretty indisputable, and while you can argue it's not your fault because people didn't report X, your responsibility as the caretaker and owner of the game should be pretty clear in the matter especially if worst comes to worst and someone commits suicide, or gets raped, or gets their tires slashed as a direct or indirect consequence of the community and culture which you create with your actions or lack of.

I hope that's explained enough for you, also worth looking at what Frank Sinatra wrote.

Also to clarify;

We both know you looked at my accounts six ways from Sunday, and we both know my silver goes three ways; % goes to my guild, % goes to allies, % goes directly to member rewards. When you're done with your forensic accounting roleplay, I hope to see a statement from SBI that puts a stop to the harassment I've had to tolerate for far too long in your game.
      1. I wish they name and shamed everyone, so we all could do our part as a community to not accept these players on alt accounts (like you guys have been doing)

2. You're also selectively avoiding anyone on your side by (breaking your rule 1) name and shaming your enemies here with zero evidence. These named players are all just coincidentally on the other side of the game, right?
    • Triforce wrote:

Your statement also implies that BA paid real life money to everyone that we allied and that helped us trough this war and season wich in itself is a RMT accusation without proof and is a bannable offense as you're accusing other players of RMT or accepting real life money as a trade without providing any proof to your statement.
      Oh, that's a bit far fetched buddy. Oh I know, are you accusing me without proof that that I accused someone without proof of RMTing?

Triforce wrote:

And I am mildly amused by the fact that you conveniently missed my post, which was giving you a well formulated argument from straight up, fact-checkable SBI standpoints, and the community effort made by an overwhelming postion of the BA/F guild folks, who had no knowledge of who and if were RMT-ing. Just let me add here, when BA folks knew that there was RMT aboard, they reported it. It is not a wildly known fact, but when Durateen (who is likely the reason behind banning the leaders for assisting known RMTers) actually played in the guild, he was indeed reported by BA members multiple times, until he fully disappeared, and noone knew his characters anymore.
      None of your facts will justify certain actions of the members of your leadership. If the actions taken by your leadership building or supporting RMT have allowed it for you to have a much easier time to gain season points, you don't deserve those season points. If the incentive was to mass ally, start rental empires, and continue to gain silver for RMT purposes and it inadvertently affects how you gain those points, then you shouldn't be allowed those rewards. I don't care how you try and justify it afterwards, I'm not going to go point for point on which ones you should get vs which ones you don't deserve at that point.

Triforce wrote:

What you are doing is literally the same thinking that, if a building block is known for a weed dealer who has access to it, then all the homes can be raided every time weed is found in the vicinity. If BA is still the proverbial enemy to you knowing this, you are delusion"
      What you are trying to say is that an employee were to break the law, then all homes should be raided, which you would be right, that would not make sense. What I'm saying is if management was the weed dealer, then all homes should be raided. Which would make a lot of sense, since the employee simply follows what management gets them to do, and in this case, they inadvertently helped management break the law. All you know is for some reason, that house is being sold well above market value, you just don't know why.

And you can pull up all the battleboards or w/e so called proof you have to justify yourselves, but all I need to know is that your guild did cheat, and your guild got caught cheating. How, who, what, when, where at this point is just additional information. It still doesn't change what should be done, and that is to have your rewards and rankings removed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by thisismine ().

• BA is gone and 99% of the playerbase could care less. It seems the only people who care about it is the sheep still in BA who think their guild did nothing wrong plus guilds like SUN and CIR. What happened, did BA “quitting” hurt your little BZ handholding coalition? BOO HOO. Man, grow up. BA cheated, was warned, kept cheating, got caught, and SBI took action. Is this your first MMO? It is quite common for a gaming company to provide transparency when a top guild is caught cheating. Why people are shocked SBI did is baffling. BUT BUT BUT SBI doesn’t name shame! Again, grow up. This was a unique situation where you had a top guild caught cheating, was warned to stop, and they didn’t. What is SBI supposed to do? I applaud SBI for putting the correct information out.

It probably hurt SBI more to ban members of BA than the RMT operation that was going on. Regardless, SBI gave BA plenty of chances to stop and they didn’t. Who paid the price? SBI will most likely lose some revenue with BA no longer a factor in BZ gameplay. Who else? The legit members of BA who worked their butt of this last season. How did BA’s leadership repay them? By claiming they are “quitting” the game because they had “no competition” last season. No competition? Hand holding does that. But, that was a lie. BA “quit” because their leadership was banned for cheating. Didn’t BA buy Mojo a new PC so he could play Albion? Turns out he was supporting RMT operations? Ouch. Did he pay you guys back at least? LOL

Look, I understand that for many of you supporting BA that your “success” in Albion Online is the pinnacle of your lifetime. I get it, it’s probably the only video game you have ever been “good” at because you can pay and hand hold your way to the top. I’m sure you brag to your real life friends how amazing you are at hand holding in a video game to earn those “prestigious” titles and rewards. Albion Online is a unique game that allows the players to control it all and some of you took it to the extreme. I know some of you are a little butt hurt your “heroes” and “role models” are gone. But, the way some of you have reacted to SBI and this situation is pretty sad and pathetic. The again, maybe that is what happens when a video game is the most important thing in your life. I really shouldn’t bash you guys. I make so much silver off your hand holding coalition and its members I should be thanking you. So, Thanks!

/laugh
    • Aurin wrote:

BA cheated, was warned, kept cheating, got caught, and SBI took action.
      Were warned? I wasn't warned before my 4 day chat mute the other day. Why not?

Not that I care too much, it's just merely inconsistent behaviour - On one hand you have SBI dishing out punishments with no warning, and on the other hand you have SBI dishing out warnings before punishments.

What is anyone to believe any more, you are probably participating in RWT.
    • I agree SBI should be naming and shaming "high-profile" cases in a game with player-lead factions, mentioning the relevant player-lead faction as well to make it clear who they are talking about.

Assuming that the bans issued to "the leaders of the well-known guild Blue Army" were valid, those Users would normally have just made new User Accounts and proceed as if nothing had changed. It would appear that certain people (such as "the leaders of the well-known guild Blue Army") have been getting away with this for too long. Blue army has been around for a considerable amount of time, don't know if this was going on the whole time but the earliest I heard about it was July 2019 and it was being talked about as if it had happened in the past tense- meaning that this could stretch back over 2 years.

In a "sandbox"-style game, where, outside the royals factions, both intended player-ran groups (guilds, alliances) and unintended player-ran groups ("coalitions", "CTA NAPs", "full NAPs", etc) determine for many players who they can and can't fight, and in some cases, who they can and can't group with. If one or several of those player-ran groups have leading players engaging in RMT, and hence making decisions motivated by real life profit, as it appears "the leaders of the well-known guild Blue Army" were, then that RMT will end up indirectly involving large amounts of players, most of which who did not have any knowledge of it- I've encountered such players myself!

I would actually go one step further and name the (INGAME) character names for the involved User Accounts. Such high-profile TOS violation should be publicly exposed, players who may have spend months or even years fighting for a player-ran group once or several times daily should have a right to know if all that effort from so many people was simply to generate more money for "dear leader". If any of the leaders of the player-ran groups I was or currently am in were banned for RMT, I would certainly want to know! Unfortunately, I will press x to doubt that "the leaders of the well-known guild Blue Army" were the only case of high-profile RMT.

Banning Users instead of User Accounts was an important first step as it begins to solve the loophole of ban evasion.
      Banning + naming and shaming the high-profile cases was an important second step as it begins to solve the loophole of facilitating RMT without getting their hands dirty.

When it comes to breaking the TOS, crossing lines is crossing lines, the consequences will be what they will be. I hope the "expanded efforts" mentioned, and the amount of attention certain people are drawing to themselves, will make things easier for SBI moving foward :thumbsup: . God bless and I hope for more B2B2B success!
    • Aurin wrote:

It seems the only people who care about it is the sheep still in BA who think their guild did nothing wrong
      no one said anything like that, but keep projecting

And no, it wasnt unique situation, but keep making up stuff.

Now, lets imagine how many guilds actually got "warnings" and nothing has been done about it to this day.

On top of, how many banned players participate in crystal championships on their alt accs and SBI only just now started to take action LOL

So, everyone here wants more bans, instead of multiple warnings to select few, which is clearly favoritism

The post was edited 5 times, last by tabooshka ().

• Aurin wrote:

BA is gone and 99% of the playerbase could care less. It seems the only people who care about it is the sheep still in BA who think their guild did nothing wrong plus guilds like SUN and CIR. What happened, did BA “quitting” hurt your little BZ handholding coalition?
      I've never been a fan of BA. Why people refuse to understand it's about SBI contradicting themselves and taking actions only when they feel like it.
      I'm also not a fan of exactly that, on top of that I'm not fan of cherry picking and making up the bans for something that is not in ToS.

Where is the rest of 1531 names?

They can't handle the community, each action they take on people or don't take just proves it. The amount of toxicity everywhere in this game is amazing, and is not controlled properly.
      It's not my job as Guild Leader to be worry about people joining my guild if the responsibility for bans is on staff's side and not mine.

Everyone who was against BA who is now celebrating is just narrow minded and can't see the real problem. RMTers should be banned, that's for sure. I'm not defending BA, I'm against actions that SBI is taking in this matter. This is not how it supposed to be done.

Also, about coincidences, how is that possible that after that time Dura was banned yet still playing the game SBI decided to take actions now, when BA decided to disband after this season?
      Do you really guys think they would have been banned otherwise, I don't. This way was just convenient.

1 coincidence - fine
      2? - uhm?
      3? - stop joking out of community

"All I want to say is that they don't really care about us
      Don't worry what people say, we know the truth
      Enough is enough of this garbage"

ToS still not updated.

And once again, I'm not picking sides, not a fanboy of BA, not a hater. Unbiased opinion.

Also, SBI can prove me wrong and reply to @Syndic 's post. But they won't. Because they rather cherry pick and ignore going into inconvenient dialogues.

Quagga wrote:

you're just a random guy named "syndic" in the private game Albion Online.
      He might be random guy named Syndic (which I don't believe is true, since almost everyone knows who Syndic is, so it's not 'random' guy) but for sure the game is not PRIVATE. It's a product (service) offered to customers (players) around the world.
      Make HCE lvl 15+ BZ only

The post was edited 2 times, last by Wydoyolo ().

• Wydoyolo wrote:

It's not my job as Guild Leader to be worry about people joining my guild if the responsibility for bans is on staff's side and not mine
      They never said it was. What they said is that BA leadership knowingly aided and abetted the RMT'ers. Thats a whole different ballgame to inviting banned players without knowing it.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Wydoyolo wrote:

I've never been a fan of BA. Why people refuse to understand it's about SBI contradicting themselves and taking actions only when they feel like it.
      I'm also not a fan of exactly that, on top of that I'm not fan of cherry picking and making up the bans for something that is not in ToS.
      I'm confused here. Are you really trying to say that people who are supporting RMTers and using guild assets to support RMTers should not be banned? Come on now. They were even warned to stop doing it.

Have you even read the TOS? -

13.3 No Manipulation
      Users may only play the Game personally. They are not permitted to manipulate the Game or use technical tools that give Users an advantage over other players. In particular Users are forbidden to…

• Exchange or trade Virtual Benefits for a real money, digital currency such as Bitcoin, third party digital goods or services, or any other real world assets,

15.5.4 Compelling reasons include for example (without limitation):
      • If the User is engaged in cheating, use of bots, financial fraud or severe abuse of bugs. The User is hereby advised that Sandbox Interactive will, without prior warning, immediately suspend all access of the User to the Game in these circumstances to protect the integrity and reputation of the Game

Normally, you don't even get a warning but these guys did AND KEPT DOING IT anyway. Really, you need the TOS to say - DON'T SUPPORT RMTers?

/laugh
    • Aurin wrote:

Wydoyolo wrote:

I'm confused here. Are you really trying to say that people who are supporting RMTers and using guild assets to support RMTers should not be banned? Come on now. They were even warned to stop doing it.

13.3 No Manipulation
      Users may only play the Game personally. They are not permitted to manipulate the Game or use technical tools that give Users an advantage over other players. In particular Users are forbidden to…

• Exchange or trade Virtual Benefits for a real money, digital currency such as Bitcoin, third party digital goods or services, or any other real world assets,

• If the User is engaged in cheating, use of bots, financial fraud or severe abuse of bugs. The User is hereby advised that Sandbox Interactive will, without prior warning, immediately suspend all access of the User to the Game in these circumstances to protect the integrity and reputation of the Game

Normally, you don't even get a warning but these guys did AND KEPT DOING IT anyway. Really, you need the TOS to say - DON'T SUPPORT RMTers?

/laugh
      No point arguing with you if you can't read.

/laugh
      Make HCE lvl 15+ BZ only
    • Midgard wrote:

wrong person quoted my bad

Aurin wrote:

Wydoyolo wrote:

13.3 No Manipulation

/laugh

You realise those rules that you proudly copy pasted from TOS as a token of intelligence were not broke by the BA leadership?
      It is not enough to copy paste rules and interpret it your way to fit your narrative.

About the article 13.3, no manipulation with the use of a tool has happened within BA.

Also no transaction for real life money has been recorded on the BA leadership accounts.

Article 15.5.4 the SBI statement never mentioned the BA leadership engaging in cheating or any other form of abuse as specified in this article

Again you provide nothing but TOS articles that were not broke by BA leadership to fit a narrative where the poeple you deem evil are responsible for everything ruining albion while also ignoring SBI statements on the matter.

/laugh :kek: :yoursuchaclown:

The post was edited 2 times, last by Triforce ().

• 13.3 No Manipulation

I imagine if they really wanted to enforce this, they would need to ban every "content creator" that does giveaways in exchange for subs, which is literally RMT.

So, the question is, why is giving away silver for subs allowed?

Or are content creators entitled like BA leadership was and you dont care?

The post was edited 2 times, last by tabooshka ().

• Syndic wrote:

It's well known that Durateen hasn't had a character in BA since he was mass-reported at the early onset of the Last War and instead stayed in smaller SQUAD guilds to play under the radar. And since Durateen was banned because someone traded him tainted silver (something that also happened to a lot of other people including some well-known individuals in Albion), he wasnt handling money directly anymore.

I actually do not believe BA had any significant large scale RMT going on. Maybe some members bought silver, but a CTA warrior guild with no taxes only regears their people from three sources of income which exist for BZ guilds: mammoth pups, owning city stalls, and rental programs. Considering the average amount of BA deaths across 5-6 CTA's per day, any significant diversion of their rental program funds would have bankrupted the guild as soon as stocks dried up.

You simply can't regear that many deaths without sustainable income or a mega-stockpile or a big credit card swipe. This is a guild that was taking 300+ deaths daily during the SQUAD vs POE war, then went off to fight ARCH in Martlock while fighting us in NATZ (again, +200 deaths per day), then joined the 1st Anti-POE Coalition briefly, then joined with POE to deal with RAID & CALL Anti-POE Coalitions with huge casualties.

I know how much that shit costs, because I know where and what my silver is doing. Frank Sinatra understands because he is in the same position, SBI & the rest of you chucklefucks that aren't in those positions simply don't and cannot comprehend the level of expense these guilds go through over a sustained period.

Ergo, this whole shitshow is a PR stunt, a very obvious one since you went into your usual turtle mode and stopped replying. Selectively naming and shaming guilds and individuals like this is actually against so many laws its not even funny. People already got harassed on their other projects on gofundme because of your actions. If Pareille had 0,5 grams of brain she would sue you and collect a cut of those 100 mil € (assuming you havent snorted it away by now).

Was it really that important to flex on a dude that quit the game? Considering if everything is actually true then surely he liquidated all the assets before quitting right? So where did the BA give-away come from? Did BA have a GM character to spawn resources into the world for them? :D
      Wait you think this is a PR stunt?That is what you are thinking? And you think that the GM of BA would win a lawsuit ?

Really ??

You guys are mad , if I would be the in the lawyer office of SBI i would be laughing my ass off .
    • pesadelo wrote:

Wait you think this is a PR stunt?That is what you are thinking? And you think that the GM of BA would win a lawsuit ?
      Really ??

You guys are mad , if I would be the in the lawyer office of SBI i would be laughing my ass off .
      I think he is really just confused about the fact that things inside the game and outside the game are separate, and that SBI doesn't need to "flex on" people. This is their game.

Some people start thinking of the forums and social media as being an actual mechanic of the game. Where you can use it to get things done in game. It's all the same competition to these people, so they see actions by the owner of the game, taking disciplinary actions against players, as "flexin". Because to them SBI is just another opponent in their game of role playing soldiers.

You see this all the time with their reddit nonsense, where they point the finger at each other and call each other cheaters and demand SBI do something about whatever is making them mad this week. The thing is, they only want SBI to punish the people they want punished. They don't want SBI going off their script and just doing whatever they feel like. That is scary to them.
      Demon Lord - UwU
    • I swear since I've been a part of the community, I've heard ban XYZ Joe shmoe for RMT, then they finally TELL you about it and the flames start? I'm super confused... plus aren't games supposed to be fun? I get that "I put money and time into this thing therefore I want my value" but really? Idk I'm trying to follow along but maybe this thread isn't for me, sorry I made you read this if you did or if this topic affects you.