1533 Accounts banned for third-party currency transactions

• Humor me with your time by reading the entire post and giving me a reasonable answer.

Piecing together the information given to us by SBI in this entire post we can afirm that:Blue army leadership knew and allowed a banned player to be inside their guild and withdraw sums of money without any of the other leadership/officers/players noticing?

I find it comical at best, and the more I try to digest this story by SBI the less sense it makes.
      We are lead to believe that Durateen managed to take ingame items or silver from blue army without any of the officers/staff/quartermasters noticing, all the while without having an account in blue army? How is that even possible? Can we atleast have some logs of the withdraws from the guild bank to go along with this accusation?

I know for a fact that Durateen has not had an account inside blue army for over 4 months. How long back does this investigation go? How did this operation go unnoticed by the other 597 people in the guild? I'm not trying to be some sort of fan boy, but sbi's story has more holes in it then swiss cheese.

Look at the examples of other guilds, clubhouse got robbed for 400m and we knew about it in less then 30 minutes. You're trying to tell us all that they had a giant rmt operation with we're lead to assume large amounts of silver simply going missing and noone is expected to know?

Was the leadership of BA withdrawing this money and trading it to Durateen directly? Was Durateen withdrawing this money from the guild bank? It just does not make sense.

The second that SBI wanted to go public with something like this they should of been aware that there would be questions. People are fearful because somthing that was not in TOS suddenly became a bannable offence. I think sbi should share this "watertight" proof to reassure confidence of the community, otherwise it just looks sketchy and fake.

@Korn @Nesnes
    • if we who don't do rmt, we don't know if the guild leader or any ally does rmt, and we trade with these people, in matters of guild items, mounts and everything else, will we be punished too along with them? how does the banning system work? it would be very unfair to receive some kind of ban because of players who want to profit from the game, I think it's super right to do that, who practices rmt hinders the game
    • waterfill wrote:

if we who don't do rmt, we don't know if the guild leader or any ally does rmt, and we trade with these people, in matters of guild items, mounts and everything else, will we be punished too along with them? how does the banning system work? it would be very unfair to receive some kind of ban because of players who want to profit from the game, I think it's super right to do that, who practices rmt hinders the game
      Thats the reason i dont trade with POE or BA members.
      Small Scaler, Meuchelmörder & Notfall-Nature-Healer
      Proscriptus
      Ruhm und Ehre erwarten euch nur auf dem Schlachtfeld!
    • If you ask me banning BA leadership isn't enough.

If SBI REALLY is against the RMT then they need to revert season 13 and remove the rewards etc... MORE needs to be done especially if SBI KNEW that RMT was happening and didn't have plans to remove BA from season 13 and remove the rewards etc..

BA literally BOUGHT their season rank.. how is this ok? there has to be more. It just doesn't sit right that SBI knew or was investigating this whole thing and in a sense allowed it to happen. If we wanna get all tin foil hat here why did SBI wait till AFTER Season 13 when BA was already and had announced they were quitting the game.. why wait? why the slacking? almost KINDA seems like SBI is just trying to protect their image/rep at this point and make it seem like they're taking a stance against RMT. Super coincidence that BA leadership gets banned 2 days after the season ends lol.

SBI needs to show more otherwise this whole thing kinda feels like a cover-up and this whole thing is a "band-aid" for an even bigger problem. just my thoughts.
    • Dimmizer wrote:

If you ask me banning BA leadership isn't enough.

If SBI REALLY is against the RMT then they need to revert season 13 and remove the rewards etc... MORE needs to be done especially if SBI KNEW that RMT was happening and didn't have plans to remove BA from season 13 and remove the rewards etc..

BA literally BOUGHT their season rank.. how is this ok? there has to be more. It just doesn't sit right that SBI knew or was investigating this whole thing and in a sense allowed it to happen. If we wanna get all tin foil hat here why did SBI wait till AFTER Season 13 when BA was already and had announced they were quitting the game.. why wait? why the slacking? almost KINDA seems like SBI is just trying to protect their image/rep at this point and make it seem like they're taking a stance against RMT. Super coincidence that BA leadership gets banned 2 days after the season ends lol.

SBI needs to show more otherwise this whole thing kinda feels like a cover-up and this whole thing is a "band-aid" for an even bigger problem. just my thoughts.
      At this point i'm wondering if you guys are not doing one of those "forum cta" to get BA cancelled by mass spamming everywhere about reverting the effort of the rest of the guild who are not related to that. SBI already answered on the topic and said after an EXTENSIVE discussion after the investigation, that there is no reason to revert the season and would be unfair to the poeple that worked for it.

This is why name shaming as never been done in the past because it litterally shame a whole community for an isolated act produced by one person. Every known guild in this game had hidden RMTERS (it's not like someone who RMT's talk about it in members tchat publicly) within their ranks at some point and everytime those poeple were banned never the leaders of the guild were held responsible like this. This is a first and has been only applied to BA at the moment. So how is that a favor treatment from SBI to BA.

There is no reason to revert anything only if you're following the reasonnable logic that SBI stated : The silver or items that were rmt'ed made the guild poorer and thus the other members not rmting poorer. This did not make the guild more powerfull as we're not talking about poeple being paid to give us castles or something else to win the season but items or silver traded for real life to benefit a small circle of poeple. The points that were acquired require poeple taking outposts, castles and gvgers winning their matches. Nothing from your narrative can change that, our gvgers were better, our castle flippers were better and more efficient, our shotcallers made us win fights and thats how you win a season.

Finally you are saying we had SBI employees within our ranks, that is simply not true, Robinhoodrs has been out of the guild this season, shozen has not been in our guild for ages. But if i follow your logic, what are the chances the CM that made this post was part of a guild we fought and evicted some time ago?
    • Bottom line it is a fail on behalf of the new community manager. They deliberately named Blue Army and attributed banning to them. Had SBI followed their policy as they had done over the last 5+ years and not naming individuals/guilds, this entire post saga would never have eventuated. This is a lesson learned for SBI about choosing your community managers. Make sure they adhere to the company policy and do not let (perceived) agendas overrule historic approaches.
    • noxmortus wrote:

Bottom line it is a fail on behalf of the new community manager. They deliberately named Blue Army and attributed banning to them. Had SBI followed their policy as they had done over the last 5+ years and not naming individuals/guilds, this entire post saga would never have eventuated. This is a lesson learned for SBI about choosing your community managers. Make sure they adhere to the company policy and do not let (perceived) agendas overrule historic approaches.
      The only people that wronged you are the BA leadership. Trying to discredit the messengers is just cheap.
    • Isnt the difference in this BA thing that SBI had proof of Guild Assests dissapearing through (alt-)accounts which they can prove did RMT.

To me thats fair enough.

I can see the problem for Guild Leaders as it can be quite complicated to know about all the Guild Assets when they say there wont be a warning.