1533 Accounts banned for third-party currency transactions

• Zumzat wrote:

Nesnes wrote:

Just to clarify this: the people that were warned and then banned were not the ones RMTíng, they have been banned because they supported the players that were RMTíng. They have been warned not to support and harbor them, and they still did.
      Just to clarify this: using virtual/other machines and vpn/proxy for low fame RMT alts is most likely a common practice among people heavily involved in it. Especially when those alts keep being accepted into the guild even after multiple warnings. So most likely SBI just were fooled for some time, and when BA leadership realized they simply pushed it to the limit and most likely were going to get banned - they just decided to quit the game.
      For the sake of comparison, CCP, developers of Eve Online, would give an instant chain ban to the guild and would not issue any amount of preliminary warnings.

Let's keep it simple: in this case, we have 100% watertight evidence that the banned accounts knowingly support an RMT operation.

The first time, when the warnings were issue, we did not have that type of evidence, so we assumed reasonable doubts for the accounts not *directly* involved in the RMT.

Just to be clear: if you lead a guild, and you have members in your guild who RMT, and we can show that you support this, we will take action, and there won't be a warning either.

Again, collecting evidence in these cases can be a hard and a lot of work, that's why we have recently scaled up our capabilities in this area, as admittedly, we underestimated this problem previously.
    • Korn wrote:

Zumzat wrote:

Nesnes wrote:

Just to clarify this: the people that were warned and then banned were not the ones RMTíng, they have been banned because they supported the players that were RMTíng. They have been warned not to support and harbor them, and they still did.
      Just to clarify this: using virtual/other machines and vpn/proxy for low fame RMT alts is most likely a common practice among people heavily involved in it. Especially when those alts keep being accepted into the guild even after multiple warnings. So most likely SBI just were fooled for some time, and when BA leadership realized they simply pushed it to the limit and most likely were going to get banned - they just decided to quit the game.For the sake of comparison, CCP, developers of Eve Online, would give an instant chain ban to the guild and would not issue any amount of preliminary warnings.
      Let's keep it simple: in this case, we have 100% watertight evidence that the banned accounts knowingly support an RMT operation.

The first time, when the warnings were issue, we did not have that type of evidence, so we assumed reasonable doubts for the accounts not *directly* involved in the RMT.

Just to be clear: if you lead a guild, and you have members in your guild who RMT, and we can show that you support this, we will take action, and there won't be a warning either.

Again, collecting evidence in these cases can be a hard and a lot of work, that's why we have recently scaled up our capabilities in this area, as admittedly, we underestimated this problem previously.
      Are you going to name and publicly shame the other guild leaders that you will ban as well? I am curious about this part since public naming is a new policy apparently.
    • Korn wrote:

But what is the reason to name drop the guild name? :)
      Who asked? <3
    • @Korn
      I would like to mention that, IF what you're presenting is absolutely correct and the parties knowingly participated in the acts you're frowning upon them, then don't you think that your policies play a huge role in letting this happen to begin with? I do believe that you are able to manipulate the entire politics and situation with a single patch. For example, if you kept ZvZ the way it was when you could 20v100, I do not think anyone would find mega alliances necessary, right? And for a matter of fact, you are punishing guild leaders for "harboring" a player in their guild that you do not want to play. One question, isn't it YOUR job and responsibility to keep the player off the game?

The post was edited 1 time, last by GuardianApe ().

• I am on the "Remove them as #1 (and also #2 btw)" bandwagon. Retroactively remove the win like they did to Lance Armstrong's Tour De France victories when they found out later he used performance enhancing drugs. Really it is the only way to prove that you are serious and satisfy the masses accusing you all of conveniently banning them after they all quit/disbaned.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

I am on the "Remove them as #1 (and also #2 btw)" bandwagon. Retroactively remove the win like they did to Lance Armstrong's Tour De France victories when they found out later he used performance enhancing drugs. Really it is the only way to prove that you are serious and satisfy the masses accusing you all of conveniently banning them after they all quit/disbaned.
      You think that it is fair to punish 600 players to show off strength and seriousness in your logic? I do wonder, did you ever give effort for a season win in any guild to realise how much a member has to give? Or wait, yeah the only thing you ever did in this game was play HCEs and build up your little potato farm HCE discord.
    • If a guild's leadership was warned, ignored those warnings and kept cheating, and were still using guild assets for RMT, shouldn't that guild be disbanded and removed from all season standings?

Wasn't this the same guild that won the last season as well? Cheating for #1? Lovely.
    • Cessari wrote:

LOL in the past ban threads everyone who replied has gone "nice, but please name and shame or 'provide ban list'", NOW THAT SBI finally sort-of names a guild people start to ask why? They just can't please y'all, can they?

Sucks to suck if you get banned for RMT.

I've never asked for a list, and never really cared.

What strikes me, though, is how it happened.

It wasn't like they came out and said, "ok, starting today we will name anyone that is banned for RMT, here is the list:" Instead they came out and used vague terms and insinuations to identify who was banned. As a result, to me, it came off as malicious and/or vengeful, where someone had first hand information that they knew they were not allowed to release, but for some reason decided to release it indirectly.

I'm not too concerned with the who, but the way it was done is, at minimum, unprofessional.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hostility ().

• Barloch wrote:

How many years and countless times was SBI told of the rampant RMT in certain guilds only to have them shrug their shoulders? The horses have left the barn, time to close the barn doors. GG SBI. Laughable they try to make themselves look good for this.
      I agree. It is SHAMEFUL SBI is/was playing favorites with certain guilds/players. The same guilds/players winning seasons as well.

So its ok to cheat as long as you are a top guild?
    • GuardianApe wrote:

Blenfjorn wrote:

I am on the "Remove them as #1 (and also #2 btw)" bandwagon. Retroactively remove the win like they did to Lance Armstrong's Tour De France victories when they found out later he used performance enhancing drugs. Really it is the only way to prove that you are serious and satisfy the masses accusing you all of conveniently banning them after they all quit/disbaned.
      You think that it is fair to punish 600 players to show off strength and seriousness in your logic? I do wonder, did you ever give effort for a season win in any guild to realise how much a member has to give? Or wait, yeah the only thing you ever did in this game was play HCEs and build up your little potato farm HCE discord.
      You mean 600 players who were likely as aware as everyone else in the community that this was happening? Yes I do think it is fair.

And yes, I did do a lot of HCE and mainly play as a solo player and stay out of the guild/alliance stuff. So if anything, I am a neutral third party voice and not biased to one side or the other. So that makes me a better person to judge.
    • Nesnes wrote:

How long did you know this was going on? When you you warn them and how many times?

If you didn't notice, they won a season while you allowed them to continue to cheat. You waited until the season was over to take action.

Why is that?
    • Aurin wrote:

Barloch wrote:

How many years and countless times was SBI told of the rampant RMT in certain guilds only to have them shrug their shoulders? The horses have left the barn, time to close the barn doors. GG SBI. Laughable they try to make themselves look good for this.
      I agree. It is SHAMEFUL SBI is/was playing favorites with certain guilds/players. The same guilds/players winning seasons as well.
      So its ok to cheat as long as you are a top guild?
      "It's all about the Benjamins baby" Similar to removing IP caps in royals so the CC warriors can buy gold and rape with 8.3 MP in FW. GG again SBI. This plane is going down.
    • Aurin wrote:

Nesnes wrote:

How long did you know this was going on? When you you warn them and how many times?
      If you didn't notice, they won a season while you allowed them to continue to cheat. You waited until the season was over to take action.

Why is

Blenfjorn wrote:

GuardianApe wrote:

Blenfjorn wrote:

You mean 600 players who were likely as aware as everyone else in the community that this was happening? Yes I do think it is fair.
      And yes, I did do a lot of HCE and mainly play as a solo player and stay out of the guild/alliance stuff. So if anything, I am a neutral third party voice and not biased to one side or the other. So that makes me a better person to judge.
      you guys are reaching too far. Blue army members have put a lot of work into this season win and aren't involved in this operation. A whole community shouldn't be punished for a singular act of some poeple.
      Also if SBI did a deep investigation like they pretend, i'm sure they have their reasons also to not destroy a whole community effort for the season win.
    • Colddwarf wrote:

Korn wrote:

But what is the reason to name drop the guild name? :)
      I think is extremely important to name the guild when everyone knows it, when just won the season and when it has been doing it forever.

@Korn, please tell me you're going to punish them further and strip their stars, remove their statues and not allow them to claim this season statue, are you? If the Season was won doing RMT, they do not deserve any prize, only shame. I know members took effort, so they have their mount and their buff, and even the statue, but it needs to be a tainted statue, as tainted as the guild who won it.
    • Triforce wrote:

Aurin wrote:

Nesnes wrote:

How long did you know this was going on? When you you warn them and how many times?If you didn't notice, they won a season while you allowed them to continue to cheat. You waited until the season was over to take action.

Why is

Blenfjorn wrote:

GuardianApe wrote:

Blenfjorn wrote:

You mean 600 players who were likely as aware as everyone else in the community that this was happening? Yes I do think it is fair.And yes, I did do a lot of HCE and mainly play as a solo player and stay out of the guild/alliance stuff. So if anything, I am a neutral third party voice and not biased to one side or the other. So that makes me a better person to judge.
      you guys are reaching too far. Blue army members have put a lot of work into this season win and aren't involved in this operation. A whole community shouldn't be punished for a singular act of some poeple.Also if SBI did a deep investigation like they pretend, i'm sure they have their reasons also to not destroy a whole community effort for the season win.
      Of course Blue Army's members put in a lot of work. It was padding the pockets of their leadership.

Stop being so naïve.
    • Triforce wrote:

you guys are reaching too far. Blue army members have put a lot of work into this season win and aren't involved in this operation. A whole community shouldn't be punished for a singular act of some poeple.Also if SBI did a deep investigation like they pretend, i'm sure they have their reasons also to not destroy a whole community effort for the season win.
      They cheated and everyone knows it. Therefore they should be stripped of their win. For the people that worked hard to win, they still get to keep their reward mount, because it would be hard to take that away since some of them probably sold them or passed them to an alt or whatever, but the actual title should be removed. Also it isn't the "singular act of some people" which in itself is a contradictory statement, but it is because of the action of LEADERSHIP. If it was one random member that's one thing. It was the leaders of the guild cheating. Anyone not banned who got a season mount but lost their #1 and/or #2 status should just be happy they didn't get banned also.