1533 Accounts banned for third-party currency transactions

    • Deathskills wrote:

      TimTomato wrote:

      As one of the gm in this game, how do we suppose to know people we invite involve to any RMT behavior ?
      A lot of us in real life's job won't have such profession to find out if those members who "really" involve to any RMT thing.
      Since when its gm's job to find out who involve RMT in their guild ? We are just players as well.
      If SBI don't come out to clarify this part, how am I suppose to know next people I invite to the guild will cause my guild banned or not ?
      It doesn't make any sense at all lol.

      Please any SBI can clarify this, otherwise how am I suppose to know who should I invite or not ?

      Also one more thing.
      A lot of huge alliance were taking renting from small guild.
      I believe there are must some renters paid by rmt money.
      Under this condition how come those huge alliance still survive ?
      It's hard for me to believe all the money they collected are 100% clean ....

      Also for the timing SBI release the new HQ system
      When Blue Army the largest "slave organization disband", and you guys finally decide to balance the rental shit ?
      And now ban RMT right after they win #1 this season and disband ?
      Well done SBI lol
      if you can't notice that 50-100 mil goes missing every few days, you have major issues in a way imo xD

      and if you get contacted by SBI saying you need to prevent members from rmt'ing guild assets, and you don't take major actions about it, well you kinda deserve the ban since you are enabling the rmt to happen
      So you mean SBI will provide the list for us ?
      If they will, then its fair enough I think.
    • First of all, im happy to see rmt'ers getting banned, nomatter their origin.

      I do however have 3 questions i dont really get.

      1. Naming and shaming.
      You have banned thousands and thousands of players over the 4 years, but today you decides you lift your policy of naming and shaming those you ban. However you go directiy at a given guild, following the masses on forums and reddit - while not mentioning anyone else, today or in the thousands of past bans. How come you chose to name one now, while you protect anyone else?. When prominent players get banned it goes like wildfire anyways, what made you feel the need to call this one out, while you are protecting all the ones you have banned in the past in the so called "anti poe coalition". Are SBI really taking part in albion politics ?.
      I am all for a public list of everyone who is banned, and i will clap my hands every time - but whats up with singling out a guild like this ?.


      2. Guilty by association.
      I don't like one bit your argument of inviting rmt players into your guild can get guild leadership banned. Will gm's get sniffing tools by sbi to screen in the application process ?. As a guild leader i expect SBI to be the ones handling bannings and suspensions, and if a player is applying and lives up to the fame requirements or whatnot then that is what works for the guilds. We cannot have a SBI blacklist where if a guild invites someone from that list, then sbi will destroy the guild. We have no way of knowing. SBI chose a free to play model, the guild leaders did not - and SBI must handle their bans and that can never be a gm task.
      AND - when we dont know who is banned, then how can we avoid inviting them into our guilds ?

      3.RMT destroying game power balance.
      Could someone explain how a guildleader selling ingame silver for reallife money disrupts the balance?. Selling silver is literally shooting yourself in the foot, because all your wealth is being crippled making your guild poorer and giving an advantage to the enemy. Buying silver for money is the activity that ACTUALLY can disrupt the power balance. That is the most damaging form of RMT, and that is already in the game run by SBI themselves. It doesnt destroy the power balance, but it destroys the SBI business model for the game. This is also valid because thats actually true - and that is the argument you should use instead of some "disrupting power balance" which it simply doesnt.

      Ban everyone breaking the rules, all fine with me - but dont be amateurs with bullshit arguments, and openly political agendas in your naming and shaming policy. Name all or name none.

      with love
      /Frank

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Sinatra.SUN ().

    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

      First of all, im happy to see rmt'ers getting banned, nomatter their origin.

      I do however have 3 questions i dont really get.

      1. Naming and shaming.
      You have banned thousands and thousands of players over the 4 years, but today you decides you lift your policy of naming and shaming those you ban. However you go directiy at a given guild, following the masses on forums and reddit - while not mentioning anyone else, today or in the thousands of past bans. How come you chose to name one now, while you protect anyone else?. When prominent players get banned it goes like wildfire anyways, what made you feel the need to call this one out, while you are protecting all the ones you have banned in the past in the so called "anti poe coalition". Are SBI really taking part in albion politics ?.
      I am all for a public list of everyone who is banned, and i will clap my hands every time - but whats up with singling out a guild like this ?.


      2. Guilty by association.
      I don't like one bit your argument of inviting rmt players into your guild can get guild leadership banned. Will gm's get sniffing tools by sbi to screen in the application process ?. As a guild leader i expect SBI to be the ones handling bannings and suspensions, and if a player is applying and lives up to the fame requirements or whatnot then that is what works for the guilds. We cannot have a SBI blacklist where if a guild invites someone from that list, then sbi will destroy the guild. We have no way of knowing. SBI chose a free to play model, the guild leaders did not - and SBI must handle their bans and that can never be a gm task.

      3.RMT destroying game power balance.
      Could someone explain how a guildleader selling ingame silver for reallife money disrupts the balance?. Selling silver is literally shooting yourself in the foot, because all your wealth is being crippled making your guild poorer and giving an advantage to the enemy. Buying silver for money is the activity that ACTUALLY can disrupt the power balance. That is the most damaging form of RMT, and that is already in the game run by SBI themselves. It doesnt destroy the power balance, but it destroys the SBI business model for the game. This is also valid because thats actually true - and that is the argument you should use instead of some "disrupting power balance" which it simply doesnt.

      Ban everyone breaking the rules, all fine with me - but dont be amateurs with bullshit arguments, and openly political agendas in your naming and shaming policy. Name all or name none.

      with love
      /Frank
      You and your alliance should be next, you guys are a disease to this game.
    • Interesting point.

      Pot, ketlle and all that - because haven't you been banned already and for some reason still being around - and is that ok because you hate Poe ?.
      I believe i have the right to play the game as long as i don't break the TOS, but these days that im not so sure anyone really cares about whats right or wrong as long as it serves a political purpose.

      Love and hugs to you,

      your friend
      Frank
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

      3.RMT destroying game power balance.
      Could someone explain how a guildleader selling ingame silver for reallife money disrupts the balance?. Selling silver is literally shooting yourself in the foot, because all your wealth is being crippled making your guild poorer and giving an advantage to the enemy. Buying silver for money is the activity that ACTUALLY can disrupt the power balance. That is the most damaging form of RMT, and that is already in the game run by SBI themselves. It doesnt destroy the power balance, but it destroys the SBI business model for the game. This is also valid because thats actually true - and that is the argument you should use instead of some "disrupting power balance" which it simply doesnt.
      why play a game for fun when you can live in harmony and the billions of silver that are consumed by wars can be sold for IRL money.

      Or GVG what not, POE TEAM banned how much was from tokens ? :>
    • Quagga wrote:

      Sinatra.SUN wrote:

      3.RMT destroying game power balance.
      Could someone explain how a guildleader selling ingame silver for reallife money disrupts the balance?. Selling silver is literally shooting yourself in the foot, because all your wealth is being crippled making your guild poorer and giving an advantage to the enemy. Buying silver for money is the activity that ACTUALLY can disrupt the power balance. That is the most damaging form of RMT, and that is already in the game run by SBI themselves. It doesnt destroy the power balance, but it destroys the SBI business model for the game. This is also valid because thats actually true - and that is the argument you should use instead of some "disrupting power balance" which it simply doesnt.
      why play a game for fun when you can live in harmony
      Or GVG what not, POE TEAM banned how much was from tokens ? :>
      "and the billions of silver that are consumed by wars can be sold for IRL money.".
      Im not sure what you mean - it looks like you are writing that the same money can be spend twice ?.

      We have hired many crystal teams in the past, which one got banned?. but my argument is the same - if they Rmt'ed then im perfectly fine with them getting banned. But we have released all our merc crystal teams from their contracts so i havent heard anything about that yet. (feel free to pm me which team got banned if you dont wanna write it here)

      /F
    • Nesnes wrote:

      Hi everyone,


      In our latest ban wave, we have banned 1533 Accounts for involvement in RMT (real-money-trade, aka third-party currency transactions). These actions are expressly prohibited by our terms & conditions
      4.5.1 Users are prohibited from selling, purchasing, renting, leasing, offering, accepting, disseminating or copying Virtual Benefits, including Virtual Currency, within and/or outside the Game - in whatever form – to/from third parties unless expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions or the Game Rules. /.../
      Full Terms & Conditions can be read here.
      Among these accounts were some very well-known players involved in RMT and people associated with them, including the leaders of the well-known guild Blue Army.*

      RMT is extremely harmful to the game’s power balance and in-game economy. Please do not engage in RMT, and do not support others in engaging in RMT within your guild or alliance.
      We have been stepping up our means of detecting and fighting RMT and will continue to do so. If you have evidence of RMT taking place, please contact our support team.


      We will continue to tackle this issue as one of our highest priorities.


      Regards,


      Nesnes & Dev Team



      *edit: Just to clarify this: an earlier version of the statement mentioned that guild leadership was "warned" about RMT. This warning was not handed out due to these accounts doing RMT themselves, but because people in their guild were caught doing RMT using guild assets. Guild leadership back then told us that they didn't know about this, so we warned them not to accept the banned RMTers into their guild under alt accounts. Despite this warning, banned RMT accounts were let back into the guild as alts, and set up the same RMT operation - using guild assets - again. This is why the current ban wave now extend to the guild leadership, as we have clear evidence that they knowingly alllowed this RMT to happen within their guilds.
      This is one of of the most destructive thing SBI has done to a whole gaming community by far.

      Without talking about how stupid it is to ban poeple that are not directly responsible for those acts and how SBI publicly announced their failure at banning one player that was apparently at some point in our guild.
      While also claiming that you stepped up your game against RMTERS.

      What you've done is throwing every BA members names into the mud, members that are for some of them in this guild since the start and have nothing related to the person you still fail to ban.

      Also this is still mind blowing to me that you chosed to pick some players for an exemple and still allow other banned players in a lot of other guilds still play and not apply the same treatment for everyone.

      Can we at least have some logic in here.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Triforce ().

    • Every BA member has been in contact with durateen that is in discord or teamspeak knowing he was banned multiple times, don't come in here crying when your guild gets exposed.

      This whole coalition (squad/poe) has for only purpose having as many territories as possible to rent as much as possible for durateen to take his cut and sell the silvers, every squad gm working with durateen should also get banned to begin with for being his accomplice.
    • Syndic wrote:

      Korn wrote:

      The timing indeed looks very bad.

      However, we just recently concluded our investigation on this, and it was a complex one, which took a long time.

      Essentially, we had two choices:
      1. Act on the findings right away - even if the timing looks bad
      2. Artificially wait for a few weeks and only then act on the findings - to avoid the timing looking bad

      We decided to go with option 1.
      Timing looks comical to say the least.

      Might wanna explain to your new CM (cause it looks clueless) the SBI policy on name-shaming - this is the first time SBI name-dropped (we all know who BA leadership is) who they banned, it has never before happened in the game to my knowledge. If it was a mistake then it's understandable and rectifiable, if it was intentional then you're just flexing on people cause they quit your game.

      I actually struggle to understand how this is anything but a PR flex - they quit so you ban them because, and if they decide to play again they can just make another account and play same as everyone else you ever banned (Shiro, QueenBR, Skuzkabel, Warriz, etc)?

      And like Wydoyolo said, banning people for inviting to their guild is actually retarded funny. Why am I not banned SBI? I invited someone to my guild a few hours ago, is it also a complex investigation? Am I not well-known in the community as the RMT Overlord that reigns above all lesser RMT aspirants? :D
      Agreed, why is he not banned SBI? He gave tomes to durateen to make an alt account after he got banned while being in his guild (Crimson imperium reborn)
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

      First of all, im happy to see rmt'ers getting banned, nomatter their origin.

      I do however have 3 questions i dont really get.

      1. Naming and shaming.
      You have banned thousands and thousands of players over the 4 years, but today you decides you lift your policy of naming and shaming those you ban. However you go directiy at a given guild, following the masses on forums and reddit - while not mentioning anyone else, today or in the thousands of past bans. How come you chose to name one now, while you protect anyone else?. When prominent players get banned it goes like wildfire anyways, what made you feel the need to call this one out, while you are protecting all the ones you have banned in the past in the so called "anti poe coalition". Are SBI really taking part in albion politics ?.
      I am all for a public list of everyone who is banned, and i will clap my hands every time - but whats up with singling out a guild like this ?.


      2. Guilty by association.
      I don't like one bit your argument of inviting rmt players into your guild can get guild leadership banned. Will gm's get sniffing tools by sbi to screen in the application process ?. As a guild leader i expect SBI to be the ones handling bannings and suspensions, and if a player is applying and lives up to the fame requirements or whatnot then that is what works for the guilds. We cannot have a SBI blacklist where if a guild invites someone from that list, then sbi will destroy the guild. We have no way of knowing. SBI chose a free to play model, the guild leaders did not - and SBI must handle their bans and that can never be a gm task.
      AND - when we dont know who is banned, then how can we avoid inviting them into our guilds ?

      3.RMT destroying game power balance.
      Could someone explain how a guildleader selling ingame silver for reallife money disrupts the balance?. Selling silver is literally shooting yourself in the foot, because all your wealth is being crippled making your guild poorer and giving an advantage to the enemy. Buying silver for money is the activity that ACTUALLY can disrupt the power balance. That is the most damaging form of RMT, and that is already in the game run by SBI themselves. It doesnt destroy the power balance, but it destroys the SBI business model for the game. This is also valid because thats actually true - and that is the argument you should use instead of some "disrupting power balance" which it simply doesnt.

      Ban everyone breaking the rules, all fine with me - but dont be amateurs with bullshit arguments, and openly political agendas in your naming and shaming policy. Name all or name none.

      with love
      /Frank
      1. every other game in the market have live bans. they didn't name anyone directly, just confirmed the suspicion of the community that BA leadership was either helping/enabling or rmt'ing directly. name was already out in the first place.

      2. it isn't by association it's because they got told bro you got a player that got banned and had access to your guild resources/assets and was rmt'ing, tighten up security or we have to take action.
      so if you don't don't make surprised pikachu face by letting any freaking rando get access to hundreds of millions of silver or billions.

      3. it does destroy it since it encourage as little conflict as possible so the biggest income is from season rewards, siphon and rent silver on top of taxes.

      and like multiple people mentionned, isn't there a rumor about leadership of CIR/POE helping Durateen get fame up on an alt due to getting banned???

      on top of him still calling POEVZ+SNOW+ZULU+CONGO in NA timer at minimum...
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

      First of all, im happy to see rmt'ers getting banned, nomatter their origin.

      I do however have 3 questions i dont really get.

      1. Naming and shaming.


      2. Guilty by association.



      3.RMT destroying game power balance.

      with love
      /Frank
      For someone who doesn't like RMT, or rmt'ers, you sure made a bulleted list of how SBI is too mean to them and then called SBI bad for punishing them that way.

      Maybe,SBI should come up with a proposal for some sort of golden parachute for them instead. So they can gently fall out of Albion and into whatever game they go cheat in next. Wouldn't want these poor souls to get too bruised or battered.

      Defending RMT. Defending BA. Biggest oof.
      Demon Lord - UwU
      CANCEL PIDDLE
    • Is there ever going to be a list that names the character with most fame on the banned accounts?

      We've had a lot of ban waves with 0 to no info on who got banned, hard to care if you dont know if its 1500 alts that will just get remade or actual players.

      If they ruined the game RMT'ing they deserve to be named and shamed at the very least
    • I think this is just a matter of an employee, who just started, and maybe shouldn't be part of SBI much longer, going rogue. Going from a Player to Support to Community Manager, they probably believed they would have been cheered by naming BA, and insinuating Mojo, was banned.

      Now you have Korn having to save face, and defend/justify that person's actions and its a mess. Its probably not too late to go back to the candidate pool and give another offer.

      As for the way they were banned: I'm interested to know how they knew they were conspiring in the way they are suggesting. Is it as blatant as they opened the guild bank to them, or was that person ratting the outpost loot to RMT it?

      I'm sure it wasn't like this, but what is stopping me from getting myself banned for rmt, joining a guild on another account, let that guild take a warning then making a new account, maybe use a voice changer and having that guild's leadership banned? Again this was probably a rogue employee giving out too much info that you probably don't want to delve into, and now you have questions like this.
    • Hostility wrote:

      I think this is just a matter of an employee, who just started, and maybe shouldn't be part of SBI much longer, going rogue. Going from a Player to Support to Community Manager, they probably believed they would have been cheered by naming BA, and insinuating Mojo, was banned.

      Now you have Korn having to save face, and defend/justify that person's actions and its a mess. Its probably not too late to go back to the candidate pool and give another offer.

      As for the way they were banned: I'm interested to know how they knew they were conspiring in the way they are suggesting. Is it as blatant as they opened the guild bank to them, or was that person ratting the outpost loot to RMT it?

      I'm sure it wasn't like this, but what is stopping me from getting myself banned for rmt, joining a guild on another account, let that guild take a warning then making a new account, maybe use a voice changer and having that guild's leadership banned? Again this was probably a rogue employee giving out too much info that you probably don't want to delve into, and now you have questions like this.
      you can't accidentally give access to buildings that store silver, guild silver, guild siphon, and chests multiples times without knowing dude...

      And transparency was asked forever and lots of major games have in-game ban shows in chat temporarily. Since it's only character names, no personal info leaked, i don't see how it can cause problems that they say who was removed access from the game basically.
    • Deathskills wrote:

      Hostility wrote:

      I think this is just a matter of an employee, who just started, and maybe shouldn't be part of SBI much longer, going rogue. Going from a Player to Support to Community Manager, they probably believed they would have been cheered by naming BA, and insinuating Mojo, was banned.

      Now you have Korn having to save face, and defend/justify that person's actions and its a mess. Its probably not too late to go back to the candidate pool and give another offer.

      As for the way they were banned: I'm interested to know how they knew they were conspiring in the way they are suggesting. Is it as blatant as they opened the guild bank to them, or was that person ratting the outpost loot to RMT it?

      I'm sure it wasn't like this, but what is stopping me from getting myself banned for rmt, joining a guild on another account, let that guild take a warning then making a new account, maybe use a voice changer and having that guild's leadership banned? Again this was probably a rogue employee giving out too much info that you probably don't want to delve into, and now you have questions like this.
      you can't accidentally give access to buildings that store silver, guild silver, guild siphon, and chests multiples times without knowing dude...

      Right, and that is why I asked for clarification. If that is what happened then it is what it is. That is pretty easy for everyone to avoid, but without clarification we're just assuming. You probably shouldn't go through life assuming things, especially when those things have repercussions.
    • Hostility wrote:

      Right, and that is why I asked for clarification. If that is what happened then it is what it is. That is pretty easy for everyone to avoid, but without clarification we're just assuming. You probably shouldn't go through life assuming things, especially when those things have repercussions.
      Korn did clarify earlier, lazy to go quote it but basically it is what happened if i understood properly
    • Korn wrote:

      A clarification on the warnings, as admittedly, it's very easy to misunderstand:

      An earlier version of the statement mentioned that guild leadership was "warned" about RMT. This warning was not handed out due to these accounts doing RMT themselves, but because people in their guild were caught doing RMT using guild assets. Guild leadership back then told us that they didn't know about this, so we warned them not to accept the banned RMTers into their guild under alt accounts. Despite this warning, banned RMT accounts were let back into the guild as alts, and set up the same RMT operation - using guild assets - again. This is why the current ban wave now extend to the guild leadership, as we have clear evidence that they knowingly alllowed this RMT to happen within their guilds.

      To avoid any confusion, any account found directly doing RMT is always banned right away, no warnings given.

      Hostility wrote:

      Deathskills wrote:

      Hostility wrote:

      I think this is just a matter of an employee, who just started, and maybe shouldn't be part of SBI much longer, going rogue. Going from a Player to Support to Community Manager, they probably believed they would have been cheered by naming BA, and insinuating Mojo, was banned.

      Now you have Korn having to save face, and defend/justify that person's actions and its a mess. Its probably not too late to go back to the candidate pool and give another offer.

      As for the way they were banned: I'm interested to know how they knew they were conspiring in the way they are suggesting. Is it as blatant as they opened the guild bank to them, or was that person ratting the outpost loot to RMT it?

      I'm sure it wasn't like this, but what is stopping me from getting myself banned for rmt, joining a guild on another account, let that guild take a warning then making a new account, maybe use a voice changer and having that guild's leadership banned? Again this was probably a rogue employee giving out too much info that you probably don't want to delve into, and now you have questions like this.
      you can't accidentally give access to buildings that store silver, guild silver, guild siphon, and chests multiples times without knowing dude...
      Right, and that is why I asked for clarification. If that is what happened then it is what it is. That is pretty easy for everyone to avoid, but without clarification we're just assuming. You probably shouldn't go through life assuming things, especially when those things have repercussions.
      Pretty clear i think.
      Small Scaler, Meuchelmörder & Notfall-Nature-Healer
      Proscriptus
      Ruhm und Ehre erwarten euch nur auf dem Schlachtfeld!
    • Hostility wrote:

      I think this is just a matter of an employee, who just started, and maybe shouldn't be part of SBI much longer, going rogue. Going from a Player to Support to Community Manager, they probably believed they would have been cheered by naming BA, and insinuating Mojo, was banned.

      Now you have Korn having to save face, and defend/justify that person's actions and its a mess. Its probably not too late to go back to the candidate pool and give another offer.

      As for the way they were banned: I'm interested to know how they knew they were conspiring in the way they are suggesting. Is it as blatant as they opened the guild bank to them, or was that person ratting the outpost loot to RMT it?

      I'm sure it wasn't like this, but what is stopping me from getting myself banned for rmt, joining a guild on another account, let that guild take a warning then making a new account, maybe use a voice changer and having that guild's leadership banned? Again this was probably a rogue employee giving out too much info that you probably don't want to delve into, and now you have questions like this.

      +1 to everything Hostility wrote.

      How is Korn gonna safe face though, when it has been explicitly stated they are proven to have not RMT'd but are guilty by association? Once upon a time I literally submitted screenshots of the bank transaction that took place & the player STILL didn't get banned because it was "third party application" ; "no in-game logs confirm it". What after 4 years, suddenly discord screenshots is valid evidence? OR are there actual logs of Mojo using his main account to transfer silver to someone?

      Why are these people singled out when never in the history of Albion to my knowledge, was a whole guild ever named or players insinuated like this?

      There's a lot of questionable shit happening here and none of it makes SBI look pretty or competent, in fact I would flat-out say the sheer fact a banned player can make so many accounts definitively determines that SBI is incompetent. It is not the GM's responsibility to check SBI's blacklist before inviting someone into their guild, and there's no TOS violation for such things.

      Only thing that is 100% proven is that Mojo was gonna quit playing Albion, and in my mind the only thing that's happening here is that SBI got dumped & decided to slash his tires. Great way to run a game, a round of applause. Probably should have spent more time taking management courses instead of private calls with DR to discuss game development. :thumbsup: