Mercenary Laborers

• I am not sure how much silver they return but I dont think Max happiness would be possible at T8. I think in order to reach max (at lower levels) you need the trophies from the next level up. also the only way to fill the journals would be from T8 dungeons.

I did a lot googling to see if merc were worth it and it just seems like it is not. I have leveled up a few mercs to T5 (since I usually do a lot of T5 dungeons for the journals) but I have just banked them in hopes of them getting a buff in the future
    • The maximum happiness T8 merc can reach is 122.5% - 120% with all the generalist trophies, 2.5% from a spyglass.

Each laborer will bring in maybe 3k silver?

Most find it not worth it, but merc journals are the easiest to fill (you can literally pass them out to your whole party, and have everyone filling for you), which is why they bring back the least value of them all.

Not worth. Just go run corrupteds.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Journal

According to this, around 7600 silver at 100%, but you can get them at 115% for around 8750. The investment is huge, filling T8 journals is demential, and you're every single time better out with any other kind of laborer, even buying journals and procesing them, than using mercenaries, since they scale horribly and take FOREVER to pay themselves.

Every house is roughly 13-15 mil to place with conservative prices. 14 for this calculation. So every labourer is about 4.6 mil to place. So, for one of them to pay itself it will take... 554 days. Not taking into account the time to upgrade them, nor the insane effort to fill the books (Since they are T8 or T7 you risk dying in black or red zone while filling them). Even if you get the ability to fill thousands of them a day, is still a terrible investment, and I do not recommend anyone running into it.
    • I actually run mercs but feed them T6 journals daily once they hit tier 6 and higher. They give either 2600 or 5200 silver each. The reason I run them isn't so much for the silver, but for the hope that they eventually get a buff and are worth more. I level them up to tier 8, pull the contracts, and start again with new ones. Got hundreds of contracts saved and if they ever get a buff, then cha-ching.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

Aurin wrote:

Merc laborers are not worth it in their current state.
      Correct. They are the Redheaded (literally) step child of laborers. If a buff ever comes though, I am ready with my hoards of contracts. Probably will never happen though.
      Risky move, but would be great if you suceed. I think at some point a change WILL come. It would be nice!
      I SUGGEST making them bring Insight Tomes that are tradeable. Thats my TED talk.
    • Mercenary labourers have not been touched since launch. They remain absolutely a waste of resources in their current state. The fact each T8 labourer return is less than 10% of a T8 crafting journal or 1% of the more expensive t8 gathering journals is a joke.

The only point in the game they were worthwhile was in the first few weeks after launch where the value of silver was significantly higher than it is today. Their returns have not scaled.
    • When I first heard about mercenary laborers I thought they would return runes, souls, and relics of the same tier or lower. The fact that they return raw silver, and such a low amount, was quite disappointing.
      I love the idea of them returning tomes too :thumbsup:
      Staff of Balance is not dead! Royal March was* :)
    • Gabumon wrote:

around 7600 silver at 100%, but you can get them at 115% for around 8750.
      But also here is one special mechanic for mercenary laborers, and is that if your laborer happiness is above 100%, the silver will not automatically adjust, but your % chance above 100 is your chance to receive the double amount of silver instead of the base-value.
      So 115% means you have a 15% chance of getting double what's on 100%.
    • CassX wrote:

Gabumon wrote:

around 7600 silver at 100%, but you can get them at 115% for around 8750.
      But also here is one special mechanic for mercenary laborers, and is that if your laborer happiness is above 100%, the silver will not automatically adjust, but your % chance above 100 is your chance to receive the double amount of silver instead of the base-value.So 115% means you have a 15% chance of getting double what's on 100%.
      Yes, I know. My calculation is for AVERAGE returns, wich is in the end, the same.
    • noxmortus wrote:

Mercenary labourers have not been touched since launch. They remain absolutely a waste of resources in their current state. The fact each T8 labourer return is less than 10% of a T8 crafting journal or 1% of the more expensive t8 gathering journals is a joke.

The only point in the game they were worthwhile was in the first few weeks after launch where the value of silver was significantly higher than it is today. Their returns have not scaled.
      This is a great point and maybe is the answer to how the devs can make them worthwhile. They can incorporate a mechanic for the laborers to track the gold to silver ratio and automatically adjust for the inflation as time passes. As silver becomes less valuable, then the laborers would increase their payouts by a certain amount. Just my 2 cents

Snake
    • She0gorath wrote:

When I first heard about mercenary laborers I thought they would return runes, souls, and relics of the same tier or lower. The fact that they return raw silver, and such a low amount, was quite disappointing.
      I love the idea of them returning tomes too :thumbsup:
      Get out of here with that logic!
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • Snake wrote:

noxmortus wrote:

Mercenary labourers have not been touched since launch. They remain absolutely a waste of resources in their current state. The fact each T8 labourer return is less than 10% of a T8 crafting journal or 1% of the more expensive t8 gathering journals is a joke.

This is a great point and maybe is the answer to how the devs can make them worthwhile. They can incorporate a mechanic for the laborers to track the gold to silver ratio and automatically adjust for the inflation as time passes. As silver becomes less valuable, then the laborers would increase their payouts by a certain amount. Just my 2 cents
      Snake
      give them a chance to bring back loot and tomes
      [i][u][b]"Best not type too much I may get in trouble"[/b][/u][/i]