Don't make things that don't make sense (Wargloves)

• Don't make things that don't make sense (Wargloves)

Give me example of wargloves in human history.
      The fact that there is magic in game doesn't mean you have to make things that have no sense. Gloves would never be viable weapon.
      Game already have claws and gloves and it doesn't make Albion look better. You have many different options instead of adding whole new bunch of them, despite what you may think of this idea..
    • well not in human history of war

but people still use knuckles for self defence and also there are boxing gloves
      then there is black hands in the game
      and in some anime/game/movie characters have their weapons as gloves or gauntlets

like the x glove from hitman reborn (anime)
      dante(ifrit) from devil may cry (game)
      the infinity gauntlet from marvel (movie)

to name a few. well its a fantasy game so things can get wild
      i am more interested in the other 2 weapon lines
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • Boxing gloves are not weapons but protection. Knuckles are weapons but used in fist brawl, not martial weapons used in battle.
      Gloves don't extend your reach anyhow and would never work in weapon battle, you are just as good as unarmed.

That's why there are no gloves weapons in human history. IF you continue to add weird things to Albion it will lose it's semi historical/fantasy touch, that now reminds of King Arthur theme.

Don't use anime as example of reality or something to follow.
      Infinity gauntlet in movie was tool that got powers with gems, rather than weapon.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Unangwata ().

• So let me get this straight, in albion a high fantasy video game, you equip magical weapons that imbue the user with magical abilities, you have an issue with "magic gloves" but the energy shaper a "crossbow" fits the bill? I appreciate SBI for going for a specific time period from which to draw inspiration and flow from there.
      Relax.
    • Fuhcew2 wrote:

So let me get this straight, in albion a high fantasy video game, you equip magical weapons that imbue the user with magical abilities, you have an issue with "magic gloves" but the energy shaper a "crossbow" fits the bill? I appreciate SBI for going for a specific time period from which to draw inspiration and flow from there.
      Relax.
      Man you lose your brain and common sense with word "magic". That's when your ignorance kicks in and everything is allowed.
      Don't turn Albion into cyberpunk lol.. it's fantasy.
    • Unangwata wrote:

Fuhcew2 wrote:

So let me get this straight, in albion a high fantasy video game, you equip magical weapons that imbue the user with magical abilities, you have an issue with "magic gloves" but the energy shaper a "crossbow" fits the bill? I appreciate SBI for going for a specific time period from which to draw inspiration and flow from there.
      Relax.
      Man you lose your brain and common sense with word "magic". That's when your ignorance kicks in and everything is allowed.Don't turn Albion into cyberpunk lol.. it's fantasy.
      My dude, you know that in a fantasy game there is no limit to what can be done right? That is the point of a FANTASY GAME, stuff that most probably would not work in the real world can work here and since this is not a real life simulator it is pretty easy to say that this is allowed

Unangwata wrote:

Gloves don't extend your reach anyhow and would never work in weapon battle, you are just as good as unarmed.
      It was not that a glove extended your reach, but it gives you a very hard thing to hit with. If you have not heard, a knight's gauntlet was usually as lethal as its sword to the common man, yes it did not do any cutting damage to the poor bastard that it hit, but you can be damn sure it broke his skull upon impact. It was more of last resort deal, but never the less it was useful as a weapon and much better when it comes to CQC than most swords.

Unangwata wrote:

Man, any glove would at most be support weapon. No battle would ever be fought with gloves alone.
      As for this, it wasn't a support weapon, it has its uses, has its perks, much like any other weapon. The major use of these types of weapons would be either on CQC where you can get in the persons face or as a weapon for covert agents who usually did not get to carry a sword due to it raising suspicion, one fine example of this is the push dagger, which was widely used by special forces during WW II and saw even more extensive use in WW I when hand to hand combat was prevalent when hitting the enemy trench.

As much as you want to say that gloves and glove type weapons were never useful and/or considered as weapons there is more then enough evidence that this types of weapons were used in history, it may have not have been the most used weapon, but it still was a weapon that saw use, in one form or another.
    • TehnoSan wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

Fuhcew2 wrote:

Relax.
      Man you lose your brain and common sense with word "magic". That's when your ignorance kicks in and everything is allowed.Don't turn Albion into cyberpunk lol.. it's fantasy.
      My dude, you know that in a fantasy game there is no limit to what can be done right? That is the point of a FANTASY GAME, stuff that most probably would not work in the real world can work here and since this is not a real life simulator it is pretty easy to say that this is allowed
      My dude, so why not no gravity, balls instead of characters, shooting squares and upside down vision? What ? It doesn't resemble reality ? Man, it's fantasy game.
    • TehnoSan wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

It was not that a glove extended your reach, but it gives you a very hard thing to hit with. If you have not heard, a knight's gauntlet was usually as lethal as its sword to the common man, yes it did not do any cutting damage to the poor bastard that it hit, but you can be damn sure it broke his skull upon impact. It was more of last resort deal, but never the less it was useful as a weapon and much better when it comes to CQC than most swords.

Unangwata wrote:

Man, any glove would at most be support weapon. No battle would ever be fought with gloves alone.
      As for this, it wasn't a support weapon, it has its uses, has its perks, much like any other weapon. The major use of these types of weapons would be either on CQC where you can get in the persons face or as a weapon for covert agents who usually did not get to carry a sword due to it raising suspicion, one fine example of this is the push dagger, which was widely used by special forces during WW II and saw even more extensive use in WW I when hand to hand combat was prevalent when hitting the enemy trench.
      As much as you want to say that gloves and glove type weapons were never useful and/or considered as weapons there is more then enough evidence that this types of weapons were used in history, it may have not have been the most used weapon, but it still was a weapon that saw use, in one form or another.
      And stop writing other non-sense obviously you have no clue..
    • Unangwata wrote:

TehnoSan wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

As for this, it wasn't a support weapon, it has its uses, has its perks, much like any other weapon. The major use of these types of weapons would be either on CQC where you can get in the persons face or as a weapon for covert agents who usually did not get to carry a sword due to it raising suspicion, one fine example of this is the push dagger, which was widely used by special forces during WW II and saw even more extensive use in WW I when hand to hand combat was prevalent when hitting the enemy trench.As much as you want to say that gloves and glove type weapons were never useful and/or considered as weapons there is more then enough evidence that this types of weapons were used in history, it may have not have been the most used weapon, but it still was a weapon that saw use, in one form or another.
      so then this isn't feedback is it? Nor a suggestion since this "conversation" has devolved to "your stupid cuz you don't think like me". This is a rant, you should go take your salt there.
      Thank you
    • what he said. at this point is not a suggestion or feedback but a outright denial. take it to the rant section
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • Unangwata wrote:

Give me example of wargloves in human history.
      The fact that there is magic in game doesn't mean you have to make things that have no sense. Gloves would never be viable weapon.
      Game already have claws and gloves and it doesn't make Albion look better. You have many different options instead of adding whole new bunch of them, despite what you may think of this idea..
      Go play For Honor then, wtf
      you're bullshitting a weapon that hasn't been released yet in a MMORPG with weapons that don't make sense themselves lol

Also, the gloves (and partially the claws) kinda don't fit well in the daggers tree. There should be a tree made for them, but I don't really know if they're going to be in the new tree (probably will, but well)

Let some patches go, and new weapons will be released for you, don't worry
    • TehnoSan wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

So which part of it was non-sense? If so do tell me how. That is how discussions work, not like what you just did. If you wanted to just rant there is a subsection of the forum for it as well.
      obviously you didn't even play with sticks as swords when you were kid and have no any imagination or experience to even guess how fiights look like, or been in a fight and realize what advantage weapon has, even a knife. That's why you make wild guesses fed by movies and anime that are way out of touch with reality.

For any those complaining, 99% gets hooked into the game and have no idea why. They think they know but actually it's greater picture and charm game has that's at work and people can't point it out. All I care is for the game to maintain that charm, that's why I speak up.

If you reccomend me other game then I could do same to you, go fkin play some bizzare korean plate bikini games where things are pretty magical..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Unangwata ().

• Unangwata wrote:

TehnoSan wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

So which part of it was non-sense? If so do tell me how. That is how discussions work, not like what you just did. If you wanted to just rant there is a subsection of the forum for it as well.
      obviously you didn't even play with sticks as swords when you were kid and have no any imagination or experience to even guess how fiights look like, or been in a fight and realize what advantage weapon has, even a knife. That's why you make wild guesses fed by movies and anime that are way out of touch with reality.
      For any those complaining, 99% gets hooked into the game and have no idea why. They think they know but actually it's grater picture that and charm game has that's at work and people can't point it out. All I care is for the game to maintain that charm, that's why I speak up.

If you reccomend me other game then I could do same to you, go fkin play some bizzare korean plate bikini games where things are pretty magical..
      I did, but you obviously didn't even bother to check any history, heck you didn't even bother checking it on google to make claims like that.

Just because a weapon was not widely used does not mean it does not exist, but I have to inform you that they did. Much like I referenced in my earlier statement the push blade/dagger/knife is a style of fist weapon that saw use as late a WW2 and is still considered as a civilian self-defense weapon in some places.

Much like I said, different weapons have different roles and different approaches to a fight. If you have a sword (standard medieval sword) and I have only gauntlets (like those a knight in heavy armor would have) in my fists my best chance of winning would be to get in your face, where your sword would be the least effective due to its maneuverability and where it's length becomes its weakness and where punching is a much better alternative than a swing of a sword. If you decided to ditch the sword I would still have the advantage due to the fact a solid gauntlet has a much better transfer of force to the face than just a fist. You could use your sword in the half-sword position which would allow you a bit more maneuverability but still not as much as someone who just has his fists + maybe 2-3 cm further.
      If you want to see this in action go visit any medieval fair in your area, especially if it has a tournament organized next to it, you would be amazed how many things you can learn off that and you will see how many times a disarmed knight is still a threat to their opponent simply to the fact that gauntlets hurt like hell when you get hit by them.

You keep bringing up anime and things like that as if anyone mentioned them, but heck you do you. On the other hand, again this is a fantasy game where things can be exaggerated and where weapons that would otherwise not see as much use are imbued with magical power to make them on par with the rest of them. And before you go around and start complaining about historical inaccuracies please do me a favor and find me where there is a mace that pulls people on one spot or where there is a grovekeeper in history or where you can find a siegebow with the ability that this game has and that's just the tip of it.
    • Oh yeah. I mean they probably spent months and several hundred man hours to develop the new weapon line but since that one guy on the forum doesn't like it due to lacking historical accuracy between Undead, Magic, Giant Tank Beetles, let's just scrap it and not release it.

I'd also rather use weapons like the Grovekeeper or the Carving Sword as these were definitely very popular in warfare back then.

@Unangwata what would be your idea for a new weapon line?
    • LootGoblin wrote:

Oh yeah. I mean they probably spent months and several hundred man hours to develop the new weapon line but since that one guy on the forum doesn't like it due to lacking historical accuracy between Undead, Magic, Giant Tank Beetles, let's just scrap it and not release it.

I'd also rather use weapons like the Grovekeeper or the Carving Sword as these were definitely very popular in warfare back then.

@Unangwata what would be your idea for a new weapon line?
      I already made a suggestion. Dual weapon line of cross weapons, like: Sword and dagger, Rapier and pistol, etc. For casters maybe Staff and sword -like Gandalf did in a movie. But pretty sure people could come with some more reasonable suggestions than wargloves..

The thing is classic weapons are majority and thats good, if you keep adding weird stuff then classic weapons become minority and game starts looking fkin weird.