Gathering build-spells + mount red/black zone newbie

• Hi :)

1. ) If you are harvesting cotton, you should always use the gathering gear that comes with it, which you can start using once you reach Adept Fiber Havester (Tier 4 harvester). If you gather in red or black zone, you should probably use a bloodletter or 1h mace for mobility, plus invisibility potion.

2. ) When you say invisible pig I guess you're referring to the Spectral Direboar. While the "invisible pig" is good because it has invisibility and can carry a lot of weight, I prefer the Pest Lizard, because of its constant gallop. This will make it a lot easier to escape gankers.
    • Malkaavian wrote:

1. Hi everyone, is there someone so nice and could make me a build preferably on the web albiononline.com/en/characterbuilder/solo-builds gathering build(cotton) with weapons and spellama?
      2. mount i understand is the best invisible pig, but a cheaper option is a T4 stag? thank you everyone ;) gl hf.
      start going to bz or rz when u get t5 gathering gear. spectral direboar is good but too expensive for new guy i would recommend a horse or swift claw not a lot of carry capacity but cheap fast and good for a new person. pest lizard is good to but tends to be on the more expensive side

The post was edited 1 time, last by MrGrapes2654 ().

• MrGrapes2654 wrote:

Malkaavian wrote:

1. Hi everyone, is there someone so nice and could make me a build preferably on the web albiononline.com/en/characterbuilder/solo-builds gathering build(cotton) with weapons and spellama?
      2. mount i understand is the best invisible pig, but a cheaper option is a T4 stag? thank you everyone ;) gl hf.
      start going to bz or rz when u get t5 gathering gear. spectral direboar is good but too expensive for new guy i would recommend a horse or swift claw not a lot of carry capacity but cheap fast and good for a new person
      get a bloodletter with mistcaller or a bow.
    • Malkaavian wrote:

And someone, please, who would show what skills to use with the weapon and the gathering set?
      Generally, the dash/movespeed/invisibility skills are the best for escape builds (Bloodletter has 3 dashes, Double Bladed staff has 2 dashes and one movespeed...)

Bloodletter - Deadly Swipe (Second Q), Dash (Second W) and Lunging Strike (Weapon's E)
      Mace - Defensive Slam* (First Q), Snare Charge (Second W) and Deep Leap (Weapon's E)
      DB Staff - Cartwheel (Second Q), Stun Run (Second W), Crescent Slash (Weapon's E)

there are some others, but these are the most used for escaping.

On your gathering gear, almost all the skills are meant for escaping, so it will depend on your weapon, strategy or playstyle.
      I personally like using Cleanse on the cap (for solo gankers), Ambush on the garb (for stalling till i can use my skills again) and Wanderlust on the boots (insanely long movespeed after all the skills) but you might want to search for your preferences.

*Mace doesn't have a mobility Q, so you just want to use Defensive Slam do get extra defense whenever a pk catches up
    • As for the mounts, you usually want to go in red/black zones in a T3 horse until you have plenty of money to spend on another mount. an Ox is usable, but kinda slow to run

Pest Lizard is my favorite, because of the permanent 100% movespeed (you can run easily from gankers with mounts, as most of the time you will have more movespeed than them) but it costs nearly 250-300k so its not meant for early players

Stags are also a option, but you can be dismounted so easily its not that worth it

Boars are a heavier (and expensive) option for gatherers. The spectral direboar has a skill that gives invisibility for your mount for 5 seconds, so it's really good for running, but it costs a hefty amount of 1 million silver, so its really meant for endgame players

Oxes/Bears are more meant for transporting, as they don't have a weight skill, but a weight stat. That means you will effectively be frozen in place if dismounted, without dashes and running in 0-30% your normal speed. Just use them in blue/yellow zones, as you don't have the risk of losing your goods.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bohrum ().