Dear SBI why do you hate pvp players?

• Dear SBI why do you hate pvp players?

Corrupted Dungeon.

albiononline.com/en/news/devtalk-corrupted-dungeons

When this was posted, I had great hopes, and then it all just crumbled over time.

Let's start with the mobs, why are they even there? Are we fighthing people or mobs? And often both, so if you don't have a build that can take the hits from mobs (cloth) welp, guess you died much easier now.

And traps, just why? dodge a fire trap or a spike trap with a CC machine running after me like he's cookie monster and i'm the last large deluxe chocolate chip cookie.

When will we get, a real 1v1 high-risk area to go too? Why can't you just make a 1v1 hellgate? For the love of god.
    • They don't hate pvp players its a pvp game... the problem is they have to cater to PVE players or there wouldn't be enough people for pvp only players to kill. CDs are how they attempt to pull pvers out of their safe places and feed them to pvpers while hopefully converting some of them.

personally I got sucked into this game by the PVE hit the T5 pve wall and have stopped playing for a bit (gonna play D2R) but when I come back I plan to learn how to pvp. That being said I think that when someone invades the dungeon all the mobs should disappear and the Rat should have to break 4 crystals (possibly more). Leave in the traps because using traps to your advantage (just like terrain in open world) is the mark of a good pvper.

the part I dont like about CD's much like gathering in pvp zones is that 1 player is generally in PVP gear and the other is not. my experience although limited is that a balanced 1 v 1 encounter is almost impossible outside of duels. and a balanced 1 v 1 encounter is what I think many pvpers want (although they take what they can get)
    • Alysandra wrote:

Let's start with the mobs, why are they even there? Are we fighthing people or mobs? And often both, so if you don't have a build that can take the hits from mobs (cloth) welp, guess you died much easier now.
      Mobs are there since the loot is there. Pve is part of the cd design. If you do remove mobs you can remove loot aswell.

You want to remove mobs and traps, but you can duel in the city and bet silver to make it high risk. What are you asking for here? A duel arena where you can freely reset the fight 100 times?

The post was edited 1 time, last by ziigii ().

• ziigii wrote:

Alysandra wrote:

Mobs are there since the loot is there. Pve is part of the cd design. If you do remove mobs you can remove loot aswell.
      You want to remove mobs and traps, but you can duel in the city and bet silver to make it high risk. What are you asking for here? A duel arena where you can freely reset the fight 100 times?
      They could make it like in a HG where you can open the chest only if you killed your opponent, but then again then they can just make a 1v1 HG and leave corrupted be :P
    • TehnoSan wrote:

ziigii wrote:

Alysandra wrote:

Mobs are there since the loot is there. Pve is part of the cd design. If you do remove mobs you can remove loot aswell.You want to remove mobs and traps, but you can duel in the city and bet silver to make it high risk. What are you asking for here? A duel arena where you can freely reset the fight 100 times?
      They could make it like in a HG where you can open the chest only if you killed your opponent, but then again then they can just make a 1v1 HG and leave corrupted be :P
      And I would like an extra loot chest every time I kill someone in the open world.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ziigii ().

• The answer for your questions is simple.
      CD is NOT an 1v1 arena, what cd is though is what SBI made to counter dungeon diving.
      What they did is to create an arena with mobs for ppl to farm and, as a result, ppl to get invaded.
      The traps are there to prevent an overflow of rats and also to enable more strategies.
      The traps and shards are there also to disable coinflipping, since there are weapons and sets that counter each other so you can use them to not lose fights that you r supposed to.

The overall design is amazing and the fact that you can't realise it is, well, your problem.
    • hFly wrote:

The answer for your questions is simple.
      CD is NOT an 1v1 arena, what cd is though is what SBI made to counter dungeon diving.
      What they did is to create an arena with mobs for ppl to farm and, as a result, ppl to get invaded.
      The traps are there to prevent an overflow of rats and also to enable more strategies.
      The traps and shards are there also to disable coinflipping, since there are weapons and sets that counter each other so you can use them to not lose fights that you r supposed to.

The overall design is amazing and the fact that you can't realise it is, well, your problem.
      How does trap's prevent an overflow of rats?

>CD is NOT an 1v1 arena, what cd is though is what SBI made to counter dungeon diving.

Strange, I thought the fact that solo dungeon's close after a short time was the counter too that, weird.
    • Well the perfect solution would be:

1) make an 1:1 HG
      2) remove the shrine in CD and make on average or on infamy based each 3-5 an intrude of the entire base farming
      3) make more SRD in Roads and keep these open as of today
      4) keep current SRD in non roads as is..

Then u have 2 full small scale pvp hotspots:

Roads SRD OW and 1 on 1 Hg
      U have CD as medium risk ..(but we should lower reward)
      And u have current non roads SRD as pve as of today
    • Alysandra wrote:

>CD is NOT an 1v1 arena, what cd is though is what SBI made to counter dungeon diving.

Strange, I thought the fact that solo dungeon's close after a short time was the counter too that, weird.
      Jesus Christ bro, think a little and stop throwing a tantrum. How old are you? Seven?

Rats build rely heavily on mobility and kiting, the traps slow them down and allow counterplays by non-mobility builds.

Yes CD came to fix dungeon diving problem, if you just close the SRD after some1 enter because there are 5man groups invading solo dgs to kill a single guy, ppl that actually enjoyed the high risk/high reward factor would be left out. Not only the pvers but also the ppl who like to dive other dungeons fqir and square.
      At the same time, if you create a content that is PVE and you have a chance of being invaded by a single guy to be a fair PVP, you can retain the same archtecture that was intended for SRD but without the abuse of multiple ppl ganking.
      Plus if there are rants that "mimimimi I want to dive solo dgs with 9 ppl why SBI not let me?" you can just tell them to fuck off and let them leave the game if needed, cause ppl with that mentality only hurt the community and make good players leave the game. (be pvp or pve ones)

The post was edited 2 times, last by hFly ().

• hFly wrote:

Alysandra wrote:

Jesus Christ bro, think a little and stop throwing a tantrum. How old are you? Seven?
      Rats build rely heavily on mobility and kiting, the traps slow them down and allow counterplays by non-mobility builds.

Yes CD came to fix dungeon diving problem, if you just close the SRD after some1 enter because there are 5man groups invading solo dgs to kill a single guy, ppl that actually enjoyed the high risk/high reward factor would be left out. Not only the pvers but also the ppl who like to dive other dungeons fqir and square.
      At the same time, if you create a content that is PVE and you have a chance of being invaded by a single guy to be a fair PVP, you can retain the same archtecture that was intended for SRD but without the abuse of multiple ppl ganking.
      Plus if there are rants that "mimimimi I want to dive solo dgs with 9 ppl why SBI not let me?" you can just tell them to fuck off and let them leave the game if needed, cause ppl with that mentality only hurt the community and make good players leave the game. (be pvp or pve ones)
      >Jesus Christ bro, think a little and stop throwing a tantrum. How old are you? Seven?

Ohhh, you're one to talk with this outburst, where is my tantrum even? Are you ok? Maybe it's time to log off the forum bud, take care.

Bye.