Combat class question

• Combat class question

I am considering what class to level up and spec into. I am attracted to the hunter tree, and specifically find the bow, quarterstaff, and nature staff to be the most compelling components.

Are these weapons good right now? Which would you recommend a new player maining? I am most compelled by the nature staff, but I feel it might be difficult to complete solo content with it. I am going to be spending most of my time early in the game gathering and getting t6 on fiber, if that makes any difference.
    • A good healer is always in high demand in any MMO I've ever played. You can't go wrong with going healer, for any type of content. The way albion works is that each weapon usually excels at a few specific activities, besides a few unicorn weapons I can think of that are great at many. Therefore, maybe find the content you enjoy most and level the weapon that is best for that content in the nature tree.
    • ThirdEyePULSE wrote:

A good healer is always in high demand in any MMO I've ever played. You can't go wrong with going healer, for any type of content. The way albion works is that each weapon usually excels at a few specific activities, besides a few unicorn weapons I can think of that are great at many. Therefore, maybe find the content you enjoy most and level the weapon that is best for that content in the nature tree.
      Which are the unicorn weapons that excel at many?

What are some of the forms of content that you enjoy, personally? I am still trying to figure out what all the different content is, and to try it all out to find what I like. Also - do you have a suggested resource for figuring out what weapons are good for what content?

Thanks for your thoughtful response.
    • I'm a DPS player and always have been. So I can't tell you which specific weapons in nature tree are good for which content.

For instance, I'm a crossbow player. With crossbow, I can play every content in the game.

1h Xbow: HCE, 1v1 Corrupted, Fame Farming, Avalonian Dungeon, Hell Gates, Static.
      Regular crossbow: Corrupted Dungeon, Ganking
      Energy Shaper/Siegebow: ZvZ
      Weeping: Ava Dungeons, FF

As you can see, 1h Xbow in particular is very versatile.

Frost is another good versatile option you can do all content with. Perma in particular can be used in Ganking, ZvZ, HG, Avalonian Dungeon.

Only thing with Frost is that it doesn't get good until you get (85?) with Frost staff and unlock third Q. It also requires good internet connection to be succesful and high ping as it's a skill shot 3rd Q ability.

Some weapon trees are like that and can used in every single content in game and fit into the current meta.

Personally, my favorite content is Avalonian Dungeons, Corrupted Dungeons, Ganking, ZvZ (although I got burnt out doing CTAs with a top ZvZ guild, had to take a break from game after) HGs are a lot of fun. Roaming the roads either Ganking or doing green/blue chests.

Hope that helps. Maybe a healer can help you pick best healing tree ATM.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ThirdEyePULSE ().

• You don't need to worry about picking weapons from the same tree (e.g. Mage vs Hunter), you unlock those trees almost instantly.

As far as healers go, holy is far more versatile right now, though nature isn't exactly useless either, plus they've been buffed a few times recently.

I'd recommend starting with Great Holy as it's affordable and usable for a wide variety of activities. Afterwards you'll wanna look at one or more of these depending on what you're planning to do:

Great Holy: ZvZ, crystals, hellgates, cheap throwaway pvp weapon in general
      Hallowfall: crystals, hellgates, small scale pvp, CDs)
      Fallen: ZvZ, PvE
      Lifetouch (HCE, sometimes 2v2s)
      Divine (CDs, HCE).

1H Holy and Redemption are also good, but not as widely used.