Do Devs not learn? History repeats itself

    • Do Devs not learn? History repeats itself

      Every Game that has gave power to the zergs fail and fall apart. Before i even get into it lets look at a recent game ( Last oasis) Game was great, original and fun. The game failed when all the big zergs formed a mega alliance and pretty much anyone who was not part of this massive allaince could barley do anything with their small groups, the devs gave no love to small groups. Which most of the players are small groups within these huge alliances No one in these massive alliances know all or even play with 20'000 players. ( Albion lags super bad with big zerg battles and sometime not even that large of groups.) {{ no its not my cpu running i-9 9900ks 2080 rtx ti 64gb ram}} So albion devs want these massive battles when their engine doesn't even support it. (( makes a lot of sense)) They even know the huge zergs are a problem (they added courrupted and roads) but keep doing little soft fixes instead of just fixing it with a hard cap. Lets look at last oasis. They used a soft cap (just like the roads) big groups have to wait longer and cost more resources to enter into a ""small group map"" But they didn't care they have unlimited resources so it did nothing but hurt the small groups. Easy fix for the roads is a hard cap, If you are part of a allaince or guild greater then x amount you simply cant enter the road map. Make different sizes just like you have. Say super small green portal max guild size is 20 but you cant have more then 2 people from your guild or alliance in the road portal at a time. Not this dumb time limit. This would make a lot more fair fights and interesting things for small groups and players. how many times i've been in a 2 way road and 20 people from arch are camping in there. Pretty sure thats not intended to be. Open world pvp right now is complete bull %%%%. Game can't handle zergs anyways, zergs destroy games, why do the devs focus on giving zergs power. EVERYONE AND I MEAN EVERYONE would have a much better time playing albion if more fair and even fights happened in the open world. maybe 5% of the population would disagree with that. But as history repeats its self i assure you devs the zerg will destroy your game population. Last oasis is a perfect example. Mega alliance, The removal of 5 v 5 for land to open world who can bring the most people was the dumbest change i've seen. then a soft fix with hide out for your small groups ( always these soft fixes which means you know it is a issue.) quality gameplay vs zergfest. Soon as new players figure it out they will leave. maybe rake in a few dollars from them. But i promise they will leave. and when the big zergs get bored and leave you will be left with a dead game. 3vs20 is fun in a place intended for small groups. just shows how bad the system is and how bored players are gettting
    • Also this new hideout system where the hq cant be attacked long as it has power. Well if the power shows on the map, i bet you the big alliances gonna be roaming non stop to stop it. Might work if it don't show up on the map. Also the owning land thing is kinda useless because it give bouns to everyone in the area instead of just the guild who owns the land, why was that changed? whats even the benefit of owning the land. At least back then it was like hey im in my guild territory farming, i get these special benefits of doing well for my guild. Now its like hey give everyone a thirteenth place trophy.
    • I hate the mega guilds and hand holding stuff too but just a quick question about the portal hard caps. What would you do when Guild PoE1 sends 2 people from their 20 man guild into the roads portal, then PoE2 sends 2 people into the portal and finally PoE3 sends another 2 into the portal and all 6 guys focus your 2 guys and avoid hitting each other with friendly fire?

      I ask because one of the biggest hurdles to to jump over is that its very hard to make two people or two guilds fight each other if both sides agree not to.
    • DoomRawrus wrote:

      I hate the mega guilds and hand holding stuff too but just a quick question about the portal hard caps. What would you do when Guild PoE1 sends 2 people from their 20 man guild into the roads portal, then PoE2 sends 2 people into the portal and finally PoE3 sends another 2 into the portal and all 6 guys focus your 2 guys and avoid hitting each other with friendly fire?

      I ask because one of the biggest hurdles to to jump over is that its very hard to make two people or two guilds fight each other if both sides agree not to.
      factions, this is the only system that can balance handholding.
      For example in wow horde-alliance.
    • Quagga wrote:

      DoomRawrus wrote:

      I hate the mega guilds and hand holding stuff too but just a quick question about the portal hard caps. What would you do when Guild PoE1 sends 2 people from their 20 man guild into the roads portal, then PoE2 sends 2 people into the portal and finally PoE3 sends another 2 into the portal and all 6 guys focus your 2 guys and avoid hitting each other with friendly fire?

      I ask because one of the biggest hurdles to to jump over is that its very hard to make two people or two guilds fight each other if both sides agree not to.
      factions, this is the only system that can balance handholding.For example in wow horde-alliance.
      just deleting alliances will be enough to kill large scale handholding. current POE+"ex-squad"+arch is 60k+ members. or 160+ guilds if they are maxed at 300 members instead of 30 or so alliance tags.
      see how the number get ridiculously big quickly for a nap list?

      30 is barely manageable so 160+ is not.
      problem solved xD

      And HQ won't be a problem since they can't bully with 300+ 24hours a day on each map.
      20-40 man groups will be able to fight and hold their HQ throughout the day if they are active as a guild.
      this isn't aimed at players that play individually but to guilds that can mass them 40 man but can't fight against 200+ solo and still want a home in bz without renting.
    • Remove alliances is the major step needed that the community has already asked for before the Devs gave us a middle finger and ignored their own poll due to zerg leader feedback. Sure you can try to have NAPs but managing that would be a pain without alliance tags. But I would also go as far as removing the guild name from players in the BZ OW for extra fun. Having 300 people in one guild community is more than enough. When is Albion going to acknowledge non of their content is built to handle massive fights anyway. Max of 50v50 fights is plenty. No need for this bizarre bringing 500 people to get a castle worth nothing ultimately leading to a no contest anyway.
    • You all talk about removing alliances, but not all alliances are built the same. Many of them give a lots of guild opportunities to get into a community and to grow and prosper, without forcing them to pay rent or any other method of bloodsucking of new guys.

      Tabor wrote:

      Having 300 people in one guild community is more than enough.
      I beg to differ. You're only looking at numbers, but that isn't something bad per se. For example, I have two different guilds just because the 300 cap is not enough for us, and we could even open another one with the high demand we have. And it's not like it's our objective to "be big", it's the players that try to get into our guild because we've been working on it for years, because we're fun, chill, and we accept everyone.

      Albion Online is a great game because it's a sandbox and because social interactions are one of the most important aspects of the game. The existence of alliances have let us to keep accepting new players, different players: Brothers, father and sons, partners, friends, etc.

      Why would you force people like me to start discriminating people based on their game experience just to fit your mentality that only few should be together? Sometimes big guilds and big alliances make their part on this game to make content accesible and fun, and gave others opportunities.

      Tabor wrote:

      Max of 50v50 fights is plenty.
      Some guys like me have earned their right of massing over 100+ guys because we have been reliable leaders over the past years, we've been doing our part to help others to have fun in this game. It's not something given to us for free, it has been a long way for a lot of us, dealing with thousands of people over the years.

      Gryffyth:Toma tu arma y síguenos en discord.gg/ktrNXWN
    • DoomRawrus wrote:

      I hate the mega guilds and hand holding stuff too but just a quick question about the portal hard caps. What would you do when Guild PoE1 sends 2 people from their 20 man guild into the roads portal, then PoE2 sends 2 people into the portal and finally PoE3 sends another 2 into the portal and all 6 guys focus your 2 guys and avoid hitting each other with friendly fire?

      I ask because one of the biggest hurdles to to jump over is that its very hard to make two people or two guilds fight each other if both sides agree not to.
      I agree that will happen time from time but its way better then what it is right now, Sure they can agree to not hit each other. but that actually playing out is much harder to do, so their will be times the word of mouth allies mess up the whole play. Also they would not be able to heal each other which is a big thing and makes them lose a lot of power. In the heat of the battle things kinda break apart for most players. But you are right they would still do it. But much much better then the bull shit they got going on right now. Also requires people to be a different guild and alliance then the 3 day wait time for changing guild. Then you have the rats who end up killing the other guys just because they were low and can get away with it. (maybe not friends ) Also people enjoy good fights so i think a majority would go to appropriate sized portals. I know i do.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Foulblade ().

    • Tabor wrote:

      Remove alliances is the major step needed that the community has already asked for before the Devs gave us a middle finger and ignored their own poll due to zerg leader feedback. Sure you can try to have NAPs but managing that would be a pain without alliance tags. But I would also go as far as removing the guild name from players in the BZ OW for extra fun. Having 300 people in one guild community is more than enough. When is Albion going to acknowledge non of their content is built to handle massive fights anyway. Max of 50v50 fights is plenty. No need for this bizarre bringing 500 people to get a castle worth nothing ultimately leading to a no contest anyway.
      True i think 50 vs 50 is still pushing it. He'll the game starts to stutter with 25 vs 25. Alliances are complete bull shit and only serve a purpose to the guilds that farm gold and sell it for real life currency. Removing the names would be bad, i couldn't agree with that.
    • Neesh wrote:

      You all talk about removing alliances, but not all alliances are built the same. Many of them give a lots of guild opportunities to get into a community and to grow and prosper, without forcing them to pay rent or any other method of bloodsucking of new guys.

      Tabor wrote:

      Having 300 people in one guild community is more than enough.
      I beg to differ. You're only looking at numbers, but that isn't something bad per se. For example, I have two different guilds just because the 300 cap is not enough for us, and we could even open another one with the high demand we have. And it's not like it's our objective to "be big", it's the players that try to get into our guild because we've been working on it for years, because we're fun, chill, and we accept everyone.
      Albion Online is a great game because it's a sandbox and because social interactions are one of the most important aspects of the game. The existence of alliances have let us to keep accepting new players, different players: Brothers, father and sons, partners, friends, etc.

      Why would you force people like me to start discriminating people based on their game experience just to fit your mentality that only few should be together? Sometimes big guilds and big alliances make their part on this game to make content accesible and fun, and gave others opportunities.

      Tabor wrote:

      Max of 50v50 fights is plenty.
      Some guys like me have earned their right of massing over 100+ guys because we have been reliable leaders over the past years, we've been doing our part to help others to have fun in this game. It's not something given to us for free, it has been a long way for a lot of us, dealing with thousands of people over the years.
      What you say is complete bull shit. You hardly know each individual in your guild, You have a small niche inside the guild you play with. You are making false statements because it serves you a way to make silver easy. You don't Chill and have fun with 300+ people and know them personally and have these awesome interactions with. You can't even manage 300 people in the real world and talk with them every day and share stories and hang out. No way you do it in the game, even if you spent 12 hours a day online. This is supposed to be a ( ''hard core'') pvp game. If you are mad that others are better then you and you suck. Well go find a different game or some other task in the game to do. Discriminations people based on their game experience? Most guilds who care about their guild who is not just a silver farm make sure you have enough fame before you can even think about joining. An how would this stop new players from getting into the game and making a guild. If anything what im talking about makes it so new players can actually have a chance and not be pigeon holed into joining something like arch or poE just so they can do something. Having more numbers shouldn't be everything DUDE. People who are better then you at the game should be able to beat you. The mentality you are saying is OH i've been here so long i deserve to be able to steam roll everything. Again you don't know each individual 100+ guy in your guild im willing to bet all my silver you probably play with a good solid team of 5-18 out of that guild. An thats the way it should be, is you play with your niche gorup and thats what your guild should be. The new players well, at least now they would have a chance to start a guild of their own and invite some like minded players and maybe even take territory if they are good enough. But as it stands right now. That is not possible. Most are forced to join some mega alliance with 99% of the people in the allaince they wouldn't even care or notice if they stopped playing tomorrow. No one would notice AT ALL. That in its self is the problem. Same reason WOW went to shit. They stopped making small groups needed and stopped you from needing to have social interactions. You just push a button and you are ready. Everything you said is exactly the opposite of what you are saying you are defending. You saying these zergs help the small groups. So full of shit. The small groups would be doing things themselves if they didn't get steam rolled by your zergs. You sure are fighting to hold onto that tax silver your guild makes you from the players aye? We all know what this is about man, move along :P :P :P [[ This guy saying he has 900 people he plays with and knows them bet he wouldn't give a single care if one quit heck he wouldn't even notice]]

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Foulblade ().

    • Foulblade wrote:

      Neesh wrote:

      You all talk about removing alliances, but not all alliances are built the same. Many of them give a lots of guild opportunities to get into a community and to grow and prosper, without forcing them to pay rent or any other method of bloodsucking of new guys.

      Tabor wrote:

      Having 300 people in one guild community is more than enough.
      I beg to differ. You're only looking at numbers, but that isn't something bad per se. For example, I have two different guilds just because the 300 cap is not enough for us, and we could even open another one with the high demand we have. And it's not like it's our objective to "be big", it's the players that try to get into our guild because we've been working on it for years, because we're fun, chill, and we accept everyone.Albion Online is a great game because it's a sandbox and because social interactions are one of the most important aspects of the game. The existence of alliances have let us to keep accepting new players, different players: Brothers, father and sons, partners, friends, etc.

      Why would you force people like me to start discriminating people based on their game experience just to fit your mentality that only few should be together? Sometimes big guilds and big alliances make their part on this game to make content accesible and fun, and gave others opportunities.

      Tabor wrote:

      Max of 50v50 fights is plenty.
      Some guys like me have earned their right of massing over 100+ guys because we have been reliable leaders over the past years, we've been doing our part to help others to have fun in this game. It's not something given to us for free, it has been a long way for a lot of us, dealing with thousands of people over the years.
      What you say is complete bull shit. You hardly know each individual in your guild, You have a small niche inside the guild you play with. You are making false statements because it serves you a way to make silver easy. You don't Chill and have fun with 300+ people and know them personally and have these awesome interactions with. You can't even manage 300 people in the real world and talk with them every day and share stories and hang out. No way you do it in the game, even if you spent 12 hours a day online. This is supposed to be a ( ''hard core'') pvp game. If you are mad that others are better then you and you suck. Well go find a different game or some other task in the game to do. Discriminations people based on their game experience? Most guilds who care about their guild who is not just a silver farm make sure you have enough fame before you can even think about joining. An how would this stop new players from getting into the game and making a guild. If anything what im talking about makes it so new players can actually have a chance and not be pigeon holed into joining something like arch or poE just so they can do something. Having more numbers shouldn't be everything DUDE. People who are better then you at the game should be able to beat you. The mentality you are saying is OH i've been here so long i deserve to be able to steam roll everything. Again you don't know each individual 100+ guy in your guild im willing to bet all my silver you probably play with a good solid team of 5-18 out of that guild. An thats the way it should be, is you play with your niche gorup and thats what your guild should be. The new players well, at least now they would have a chance to start a guild of their own and invite some like minded players and maybe even take territory if they are good enough. But as it stands right now. That is not possible. Most are forced to join some mega alliance with 99% of the people in the allaince they wouldn't even care or notice if they stopped playing tomorrow. No one would notice AT ALL. That in its self is the problem. Same reason WOW went to shit. They stopped making small groups needed and stopped you from needing to have social interactions. You just push a button and you are ready. Everything you said is exactly the opposite of what you are saying you are defending. You saying these zergs help the small groups. So full of shit. The small groups would be doing things themselves if they didn't get steam rolled by your zergs. You sure are fighting to hold onto that tax silver your guild makes you from the players aye? We all know what this is about man, move along :P :P :P [[ This guy saying he has 900 people he plays with and knows them bet he wouldn't give a single care if one quit heck he wouldn't even notice]]
      Well... yes, I'm a bad guy, I only recruit people because I want to find a way to awake the dragons, I only use the community thing as a facade. Our lord Dauthir will be resurrected, and the dragon's fire will cleanse all the land of Albion.

      Gryffyth:Toma tu arma y síguenos en discord.gg/ktrNXWN
    • Georg51 wrote:

      Deathskills wrote:

      just deleting alliances will be enough to kill large scale handholding
      You cant actually believe this.
      do basic maths. the old squad+poe+arch mega, was 60k members. if they delete alliances, it becomes 160 guilds of 300 members (which they aren't since there's tons of guilds that only have 50-200 members).

      this makes it not as possible to power project due to too many guild names to remembers instead of like 30 alliances tags which was barely managed so far.

      Basic maths says it's enough to kill it. it won't kill handholding, but it will prevent any alliances from boosting to get 2mil points in only 2 guilds for sure.
    • BlitzSiege wrote:

      Handholders already have NAPs with like 50 other guilds this wouldn't change anything lol
      it changes everything cause most guilds don't mass more than 60 per cta and really few above 100.

      which means by removing alliances, they are forced to deal with large scale friendly fire instead of having 100 on one side and 100 on the other side.

      Aka now it probably would be 2 to 3 guilds per side having to be careful not to locus the friendlies, dps them or cc them as collateral
    • Deathskills wrote:

      BlitzSiege wrote:

      Handholders already have NAPs with like 50 other guilds this wouldn't change anything lol
      it changes everything cause most guilds don't mass more than 60 per cta and really few above 100.
      which means by removing alliances, they are forced to deal with large scale friendly fire instead of having 100 on one side and 100 on the other side.

      Aka now it probably would be 2 to 3 guilds per side having to be careful not to locus the friendlies, dps them or cc them as collateral
      And in that magical scenario how will small guilds fight and contribute when they can't mass even 1 party? Forced to watch or go to faction wars? You're just thinking about consolidated guilds dealing with friendly fire, something that they already do, but you don't see how bad will be for guys that are just starting but want to fight and learn.

      Gryffyth:Toma tu arma y síguenos en discord.gg/ktrNXWN
    • Deathskills wrote:

      BlitzSiege wrote:

      Handholders already have NAPs with like 50 other guilds this wouldn't change anything lol
      it changes everything cause most guilds don't mass more than 60 per cta and really few above 100.
      which means by removing alliances, they are forced to deal with large scale friendly fire instead of having 100 on one side and 100 on the other side.

      Aka now it probably would be 2 to 3 guilds per side having to be careful not to locus the friendlies, dps them or cc them as collateral
      You wanting to remove alliances from the entire game just because your team lost an outnumbered fight is such a narcissistic POV.

      There are people that play the game that don't live in the outlands 24x7. Alliances are a need, what you ask for is a very big want.
    • Deathskills wrote:

      Georg51 wrote:

      Deathskills wrote:

      just deleting alliances will be enough to kill large scale handholding
      You cant actually believe this.
      do basic maths. the old squad+poe+arch mega, was 60k members. if they delete alliances, it becomes 160 guilds of 300 members (which they aren't since there's tons of guilds that only have 50-200 members).
      this makes it not as possible to power project due to too many guild names to remembers instead of like 30 alliances tags which was barely managed so far.

      Basic maths says it's enough to kill it. it won't kill handholding, but it will prevent any alliances from boosting to get 2mil points in only 2 guilds for sure.
      instead of just deleting alliances there should be a limited amount of members as a whole or limited guilds with limited members
      so even without an alliance the limited members cap prevents people from forming a guild with 60k players

      The post was edited 1 time, last by MrGrapes2654 ().

    • MrGrapes2654 wrote:

      Deathskills wrote:

      Georg51 wrote:

      Deathskills wrote:

      just deleting alliances will be enough to kill large scale handholding
      You cant actually believe this.
      do basic maths. the old squad+poe+arch mega, was 60k members. if they delete alliances, it becomes 160 guilds of 300 members (which they aren't since there's tons of guilds that only have 50-200 members).this makes it not as possible to power project due to too many guild names to remembers instead of like 30 alliances tags which was barely managed so far.

      Basic maths says it's enough to kill it. it won't kill handholding, but it will prevent any alliances from boosting to get 2mil points in only 2 guilds for sure.
      instead of just deleting alliances there should be a limited amount of members as a whole or limited guilds with limited membersso even without an alliance the limited members cap prevents people from forming a guild with 60k players
      No alliances should not exist period, What part you guys missing where the game engine doesn't even support large battles? Are you guys not reading THE GAME ITSELF DOES NOT SUPPORT LARGE BATTLES. READ WHAT I HAVE SAID IN PREVOUIS POST. YOU GUYS only play with a small group in your large guild and that is a fact. Tell me please you guys enjoy 4 vs 20 players? That sound like the best game play? want that to happen 95% of interactions in pvp? 5% of the time okay cool. But it should be addressed because albion is about who has the most numbers atm. ALSO THE GAME ENGINE DOESN'T SUPPORT IT.
    • Foulblade wrote:

      MrGrapes2654 wrote:

      Deathskills wrote:

      Georg51 wrote:

      Deathskills wrote:

      just deleting alliances will be enough to kill large scale handholding
      You cant actually believe this.
      do basic maths. the old squad+poe+arch mega, was 60k members. if they delete alliances, it becomes 160 guilds of 300 members (which they aren't since there's tons of guilds that only have 50-200 members).this makes it not as possible to power project due to too many guild names to remembers instead of like 30 alliances tags which was barely managed so far.
      Basic maths says it's enough to kill it. it won't kill handholding, but it will prevent any alliances from boosting to get 2mil points in only 2 guilds for sure.
      instead of just deleting alliances there should be a limited amount of members as a whole or limited guilds with limited membersso even without an alliance the limited members cap prevents people from forming a guild with 60k players
      No alliances should not exist period, What part you guys missing where the game engine doesn't even support large battles? Are you guys not reading THE GAME ITSELF DOES NOT SUPPORT LARGE BATTLES. READ WHAT I HAVE SAID IN PREVOUIS POST. YOU GUYS only play with a small group in your large guild and that is a fact. Tell me please you guys enjoy 4 vs 20 players? That sound like the best game play? want that to happen 95% of interactions in pvp? 5% of the time okay cool. But it should be addressed because albion is about who has the most numbers atm. ALSO THE GAME ENGINE DOESN'T SUPPORT IT.
      umm you do know that alliances have more uses than PVP slaves right? Calm down and read what you are trying to suggest. Please.