Question Regarding Starter Zone

• Question Regarding Starter Zone

Hi,

I chose Forest Cross as my starting zone, but then decided I wanted to focus on gathering fiber, so I am spending time in Bridgewatch and might journey over to the swamplands.

1. Does my starter zone have any bearing on the game progression? Does it affect what faction I can join? What guilds I can join? In essence - does it matter?

2. There is a little house icon over Forest Cross on my map. I am assuming that is because I chose that as my starter zone. Is it possible to change where that little home icon is? If so, how?

Thanks!
    • JohnsonChicklet wrote:

Hi,

I chose Forest Cross as my starting zone, but then decided I wanted to focus on gathering fiber, so I am spending time in Bridgewatch and might journey over to the swamplands.

1. Does my starter zone have any bearing on the game progression? Does it affect what faction I can join? What guilds I can join? In essence - does it matter?

2. There is a little house icon over Forest Cross on my map. I am assuming that is because I chose that as my starter zone. Is it possible to change where that little home icon is? If so, how?

Thanks!
      Your starting zone has no effect on what you can do in the game after you leave the zone. You can not change where the little home icon is, because the home icon only marks the 5 starter towns, and has nothing to do with you or your character. It marks Mountain-, Forest-, Steppe-, Highland- and Swamp-cross.