A little criticism to make the game better

• A little criticism to make the game better

Hello, my name is AliI experienced your game a few times.
      I think albion onlin is really awesome, but it has some problems that I will try to help you with my critiques below:
      1 - pay to win (You can use cryptocurrency to solve this problem, something like enjin coin (enjin.io/solutions/industry/games) , this system changes the game to Play-to-Earn and solves the problem, it will also increase your income. )
      2 - The game camera system needs to be improved (you can get ideas from dota 2, in dota 2 the camera is freer and easier to control.)
      3 - Missions in the game are limited to the beginning of the game and then the user is lost in the game, you must be more careful in designing the seasons and stages of the game in the next eternity and add a story line to the game.
      Thank you for your attention and hope for success.
    • ALiPakrohk wrote:

I think albion onlin is really awesome, but it has some problems that I will try to help you with my critiques below:
      1 - pay to win (You can use cryptocurrency to solve this problem, something like enjin coin (enjin.io/solutions/industry/games) , this system changes the game to Play-to-Earn and solves the problem, it will also increase your income. )
      2 - The game camera system needs to be improved (you can get ideas from dota 2, in dota 2 the camera is freer and easier to control.)
      3 - Missions in the game are limited to the beginning of the game and then the user is lost in the game, you must be more careful in designing the seasons and stages of the game in the next eternity and add a story line to the game.
      1 - game isn't pay 2 win, at best it is pay 2 progress quicker. game is still skill based or number based (zvz at least).

2 - camera system has fog of war implemented, too easy to cause issues and seeing opponents before they can see you and abuse that to cause unfair fights (could be interesting but the skill gap in camera usage is too high to even think of that while there is weapons like 1h curse and light xbow in the game).

3 - that's a sandbox... there's no missions in minecraft is there? and yet people don't say they are lost.
      you have achievements that can be used to set objectives for yourself too.
      Season ranking is explicit, that can be a goal, there is rankings for a lot of different activities that can be looked into which all can be objectives.
      filling the whole destiny board can be a 2-3 years objective if you include crafting.

and regarding story line, you make your own story, welcome to Albion Online Adventurer!
    • ALiPakrohk wrote:

the game is not p2w, its a pay 2 fast, you can reach the same place no matter if you pay or not, however the guy who pays will get to it faster, anyway you can buy premium with in game money

idk what to say about this

this is (suposedly) a sandbox, even the game slogan is "make your own story" the only story you have is why you character is in albion (the cinematic and the few dialogues you see in the tutorial)

• About option 3 Yes, you are right.

But option 1 is not like that. My friends can have much better revenue methods in the game by having gold coins, and this means that the pay to win.
      I think my view on this issue is a different view in front of you (be sure to read the link I gave).

As for Option 2 and the game camera, I feel like you did not experience Dota 2 well, otherwise you knew that despite the free camera, it is still not possible to see enemies and we have to get close to them, and this is just a better system for managing the camera.
    • In your point 1: Progressing more quickly by paying will give you advantages against new players, you can purchase gear with gold coins by exchanging though but it won't guarantee you a win.

Point 2: Fog of War might be difficult to introduce. Would party members share vision? How would this impact mobile's UI? MOBA's are 5v5 or 10v10 (modified games), whereas Albion has hundreds running around the same map. They went the easy way and locked it in top down view heh.

Point 3: Missions are be player based, made by players for players against other players. Trashtalking others might help.
    • CallMeGosu wrote:

pay2win?
      maybe play the game first before u have some cool ideas....
      This is my username in the game, you can check my character.
      You can buy anything in the game with Gold. How does it say that this system is not pay 2 win ?!
      I have to spend many hours collecting silver in the game to get to my desired mount, but the person who buys Gold does it without any hassle.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ALiPakrohk ().

• ALiPakrohk wrote:

This is my username in the game, you can check my character.
      You can buy anything in the game with Gold. How does it say that this system is not pay 2 win ?!
      I have to spend many hours collecting silver in the game to get to my desired mount, but the person who buys Gold does it without any hassle.
      Hey brother, so Pay2Win can really be very subjective and tricky since other's definitions or what constitutes Pay2Win vary. As an example I like to think of Pay2Win being games where there are items that give a player an advantage which can only be gained through spending real money. This could be something like armor & weapons with higher stats then any gear you may find or craft in the game without real money. Potions or items that give special stat boosts which cannot be obtained any other way. I wouldn't count an experience boost as that is just progression.

Now there are for sure advantages to using real money in Albion especially if you look at it on the larger scales such as ZvZ. Real money can lead to quick silver that can invest in resources to craft or purchase higher tier gear to throw on veteran players. Basically I could imagine rich players helping to fund wars which can go better in your favor because of better access to superior gear. If you look at it politically, being able to throw silver which you bought through gold at other guilds and alliances to create some kind of war pact or hire top tier fighters for your Crystal League allows you to "win" in sense or have a better chance at winning if you want to call that winning.

It really boils down to the activity you are engaged in in Albion, what your goals are and what you consider as a win. I would argue for the most part Albion is not that much Pay2Win as it is Pay2Progress however, I can still see how that may be different for others.

I am glad to hear you are liking Albion and you should continue to post ideas of what you feel would make the game better.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DoomRawrus ().

• dude you CAN pay and buy anything.
      sure, you can buy 100 8.3 sets but if you get ganked 100 times it just does not matter.
      you can buy fame but if you suck it does not matter. most content is capped anyway today.
      what can you buy to win?

EDIT: oh and btw i know dudes that buy expensive gear with money. they are no winners.... its more like swipe for feeding then pay to win...
    • @ALiPakrohk
      this game's pay to win element is not as disruptive as other "pay to win" games

pay to win in general is very subjective in terms of power it provides

sure you can buy a 8.3 but in this game you can lose that gear completely due to full loot nature of this game

most pay to win cases are those which provide permanent power to the person why pay over free to play
      aka person who pay gets 10% damage buff permanently or something along this lines
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • The_Support_God wrote:

@ALiPakrohk
      this game's pay to win element is not as disruptive as other "pay to win" games

pay to win in general is very subjective in terms of power it provides

sure you can buy a 8.3 but in this game you can lose that gear completely due to full loot nature of this game

most pay to win cases are those which provide permanent power to the person why pay over free to play
      aka person who pay gets 10% damage buff permanently or something along this lines
      With gold in the game, you can get really lucrative jobs, so even after being looted, there are no problems for the person (at least not the hardship that other users suffer).
      In my opinion, if there is going to be a sale of something in the game for real money, it should be limited to buying boost xp, or at least, limited to a certain level of upgrade that will only get users to the final level in less time.
      But in the end, everyone has to work hard to get better items.
      This system will only be modified if it changes to play2earn mode (this is just my guess.)
      That is, the items in the game should have a direct impact on the real world, then the person decides how much an item is worth, even outside the game and in the real world.
      a user spent her time in the (Real) world to earn money , another user has spent the same amount of time to succeed in the game, but lags behind the number one user due to lack of gold.
      There must be a fair spirit to progress in the game, something that prevents wasting time in the game.
    • @ALiPakrohk
      you do know there are daily gold caps and buying gold to convert to silver is not cash money right?
      last i know sell limit of gold per player for a paying player is like what 5k gold a day?
      roughly 14 mil silver a day if you convert like 20 $ real money to silver?
      and this is the official channels

the UNoffical channels are being monitered and is considered RMT by SBI. there are there with more lucrative prices silver to real money ratios but you risk getting caught and losing the entire account

while 14 mil may seem like much to you but trust me in this game where its full loot pvp youtubers and ZvZ players run out in 8.3 and 8.0 sets at the lowest on a daily basis and die like 3-4 times

at 8.0 sets cost from 700k to upwards of 1.5 mil while 8.3 sets worn by commanders of zvz and youtubers costs upwards of 5 to 10 mil a pop
      so its realy not that profitable just to swipe the card for that

with 20$ you can get your self a macdonals burger or 2 or even treat yourself to a somewhat good dinner or even just buy a game on STEAM there are many games sold at 20$
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

• The_Support_God wrote:

last i know sell limit of gold per player for a paying player is like what 5k gold a day?
      Actually thats not entirely true. There is a gold limit on new accounts but once credentials have been checked out on SBI's side they remove limits. I've had a number of times where I've bought the 50 and even 100 Dollar gold packs.

The game is easier and I'd say more fun when you can throw down some real money to give you a little silver boost but at the same time I know ways of making money in game and conserving my resources so I don't blow through all my gear sets too quickly and thus can go a long period of time before needing to swipe any money.
    • @DoomRawrus

you can buy any limit of gold that much is true but to convert the gold into silver i said the limit is 5k a day?

and what you said about rationing silver is true to an extent but this game is full loot so you can lose the gear you bought with swiped silver
      the power spike you get is not permanent and the silver to fame through buying books has its limits based on avalbility of the market

The post was edited 2 times, last by The_Support_God ().

• The_Support_God wrote:

@DoomRawrus

you can buy any limit of gold that much is true but to convert the gold into silver i said the limit is 5k a day?

and what you said about rationing silver is true to an extent but this game is full loot so you can lose the gear you bought with swiped silver
      the power spike you get is not permanent and the silver to fame through buying books has its limits based on avalbility of the market
      there is no such limit bro. i had a mate that flips gold for money (made 15-20m/day) and he never bought a single gold with irl money. just dm'ed to have the restriction removed and he was flipping 100 to 500m at a time on his account playing the 3-20 silver margin difference per gold for profits.

so each time he'd update a 100mil buy order and a 100mil sell order, that means he would be moving around 50-60k gold on each full flip.

so no there is no limit to convert gold to silver or the limit might be upward the 1-10million of gold in a single transaction to prevent a gold market crash and even then, I doubt it is in place.
    • albiononline.com/gold-limits

are you sure what he is saying is true?
      pretty sure there are limits placed for a reason so the market wont go toaster

anyways i am not one very knowledgeable on the whole gold thing but i am pretty sure if some SBI will fix it when someone goes RMT or abuse the gold/silver market

what i know is mostly common sense that most players are used to and not one to read the finer details

The post was edited 1 time, last by The_Support_God ().

• The_Support_God wrote:

@ALiPakrohk
      you do know there are daily gold caps and buying gold to convert to silver is not cash money right?
      roughly 14 mil silver a day if you convert like 20 $ real money to silver?
      and this is the official channels

the UNoffical channels are being monitered and is considered RMT by SBI. there are there with more lucrative prices silver to real money ratios but you risk getting caught and losing the entire account

while 14 mil may seem like much to you but trust me in this game where its full loot pvp youtubers and ZvZ players run out in 8.3 and 8.0 sets at the lowest on a daily basis and die like 3-4 times

at 8.0 sets cost from 700k to upwards of 1.5 mil while 8.3 sets worn by commanders of zvz and youtubers costs upwards of 5 to 10 mil a pop
      so its realy not that profitable just to swipe the card for that

with 20$ you can get your self a macdonals burger or 2 or even treat yourself to a somewhat good dinner or even just buy a game on STEAM there are many games sold at 20$

Why do I feel this is an incentive to leave Albion ?!
      I feel like you say I should use my money for something else instead of spending on albion online, this is an escape from accepting the problem of the game, please do more research.
      Do you deny that gold causes unfair progress in Albion ?!
    • @ALiPakrohk
      I do not agree that Gold advantage causes unfair progress in albion
      because the power it gives is not permanent and is capped at a certain point

while earning 15 mil a day may seem big to you and with that silver you can get a very big head start over new players and i mean very very big head start
      (get fame, gear and islands set up costs upwards to over 100 mil for fully gear out island and another 200-300 mil to get 700/700 through fame books alone)

but due to the nature of this game which is full loot and where every item is player crafted and the fact that you cannot steam roll people even with the most expensive of gear makes silver purchased with gold not give as much as an advantage as it seems

although if you say they abuse it to the point where they buy too much silver then one of two things would happen you would crash the ingame market or SBI would be fast enough to Ban you before you do