Re: So, are AXE DPS not welcome in HCE? Seems so

• Re: So, are AXE DPS not welcome in HCE? Seems so

DildoSwaggings wrote:

Physt wrote:

I'm a pretty capable grandmaster Greataxe at about 1500+ IP, but as soon as I try to join an HCE as DPS in LFG and I tell them I'm an axe, they reject me. Is my only choice to tank or switch to crossbow?
      tanking it is gonna require a lot of knowledge of the pulls, but you can start low and work your way up. And yes, axes are not good for HCE, ignore the ones that say "Oh but I do it no problem" :)
      Maybe you could just get gud instead of cry
    • BraveArt wrote:

DildoSwaggings wrote:

Physt wrote:

I'm a pretty capable grandmaster Greataxe at about 1500+ IP, but as soon as I try to join an HCE as DPS in LFG and I tell them I'm an axe, they reject me. Is my only choice to tank or switch to crossbow?
      tanking it is gonna require a lot of knowledge of the pulls, but you can start low and work your way up. And yes, axes are not good for HCE, ignore the ones that say "Oh but I do it no problem" :)
      Maybe you could just get gud instead of cry
      I'm sorry, what exactly did you mean? Who was crying? and what matter how good I am, if no one wants AXE?
    • Because HCE has a very specific meta that has been refined over several years and patches to optimise the efficiency of clearing the map. Weapons that are not in the meta or off-meta simply do not provide the same sustained aoe damage that is needed to clear mobs. Coupled with this is that melee dps will inevitably take more damage and aggro than rdps will, which in turn creates additional burden on the healer.

HCE can be frustrating that you can only level about 10 different weapons or 3 different shoes, but that is the condition upon entry into that gameplay.

Go and do group t7-t8 group dungeons. The axe will shred the mobs there and you'll get better fame than you will in HCE. Remember that is really only level 14+ HCEs which represent better fame than you'll get from most content.
    • it's the design of HCE which makes meta so important. High level maps get expensive with a limited time to complete them.

In that situation you will min-max every aspect of your team. If one weapon is even marginally better than another giving you 30 second faster clear speed your going to use it.

You could play with guildies that don't care and use your axe. Then it's less efficient and you might not even be able to complete high level maps in time. There is other content where you can use the weapon you want too.

One area of the game I'm thinking of that welcomes more playstyles is Avalonian Dungeons. You can definitely play Axe there. It's a higher risk higher reward type of environment and more fun than HCE in my opinion anyways.