Crops Suggestions

    • PvE

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Crops Suggestions

      Problem
      • Players/Guilds creating alternate accounts to have multiple island farms seem to be a ridiculous fact of Albion. It's not very thematic and it doesn't seem to be intended.


      Solution
      • Have you thought about limiting the crops that could be planted and the workers that could be housed on an island? You could limit it by the account owners level.
      • You might also have outlands mobs drop crops as loot (rarely) since it would make sense thematically for them to be farming or stealing from zone farms.



      Results
      • Low Level Farm Alternate Accounts would only be able to farm low level carrots/chickens on their farm plots.
      • Guilds keep ability to share farms with each other and donate farm plots for guild use.
      • This would make low level crops more bountiful and higher level crops more rare...
      • It would give players an excuse to start attacking outlands mobs.
    • xXCorbusXx wrote:

      Players/Guilds creating alternate accounts to have multiple island farms seem to be a ridiculous fact of Albion It's not very thematic and it doesn't seem to be intended.
      Its part of the business model. Every new island bought means 3O days premium bought on a new character .. this is by design .. its very much intended.

      I didnt respond to your solutions as the problem they are trying to solve isnt a problem .. its as per design.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

      xXCorbusXx wrote:

      Players/Guilds creating alternate accounts to have multiple island farms seem to be a ridiculous fact of Albion It's not very thematic and it doesn't seem to be intended.
      Its part of the business model. Every new island bought means 3O days premium bought on a new character .. this is by design .. its very much intended.
      I didnt respond to your solutions as the problem they are trying to solve isnt a problem .. its as per design.
      Yeah, I get that you have bought into the current model. Creating multiple accounts to buy multiple farm plots is dumb. Why not just let players buy 4 more farm plots for 9 million silver then? What benefit does having a lingering alt account have.
    • xXCorbusXx wrote:

      Yeah, I get that you have bought into the current mode
      I havent bought into it ... SBI have as its part of their income generation.


      xXCorbusXx wrote:

      Why not just let players buy 4 more farm plots for 9 million silver then?
      Because that generates zero income for SBI .. they would rather you paid cash for them. And before you state that buying premium for silver doesnt generate income, you need to learn how that works ... as it does generate income. Now if you were to say buy 4 or 5 extra plots for 3000 gold then you may be onto something ...


      xXCorbusXx wrote:

      What benefit does having a lingering alt account have
      I never said it did .. its about income generation ... theyre in the business of making money.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • I understand your point...... but having alternate accounts and using 9million silver to buy premium generates no "income" for SBI. You DO understand that gold and silver are interchangeable in the game right? There is no difference between charging silver or gold.

      My point still stands.
    • xXCorbusXx wrote:

      I understand your point...... but having alternate accounts and using 9million silver to buy premium generates no "income" for SBI. You DO understand that gold and silver are interchangeable in the game right? There is no difference between charging silver or gold.
      Incorrect. you cant actually buy premium with silver. When you click the button to do so the game takes your silver and goes to the gold market. It buys 3000 gold and uses that to pay for the premium .. the silver goes to another player. That gold was payed for with RL $$, and is removed from the game. Like I suspected .. you didnt know how that worked.

      Taking your idea of paying for additional farms with silver .. that generates zero income as all silver is system generated, hence my reply saying that additional farms, if made available, should be gold locked, as gold sales and gold sinks generate income.

      So .. there is a difference in paying gold or silver ... you just didnt know it.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Listen, as long as there is an exchange rate between gold and silver it makes little difference to me. This is not the argument I want to have.


      If you think that they intended for people to create alternate accounts so they could multiple farms, then you are wrong.
      That's bad design.


      Now, all crops, tier 1 - 8, are worth the same on the marketplace. albiononline2d.com/en/item/cat/products/subcat/farming
      This is the result of a design flaw that I am trying to assist with that will make tier 1 worth less and tier 8 worth more.
    • xXCorbusXx wrote:

      Listen, as long as there is an exchange rate between gold and silver it makes little difference to me
      Sure, but it does matter to the devs. If you cant understand why by now, or why it works the way it does, theres no hope for you ..

      xXCorbusXx wrote:

      If you think that they intended for people to create alternate accounts so they could multiple farms, then you are wrong.
      They purposely locked farming behind a premium paywall to encourage just that ... so Im not wrong .. you are.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • xXCorbusXx wrote:

      So.... What I'm hearing is that you love the fact that the game has hundreds of thousands of alternate accounts that only exist so that peoples main accounts can farm them.
      Whoosh! Straight over your head. I never said anything of the sort so stop misrepresenting me. Ive merely explained to you why it is the way it is [which you dont seem to understand] and how paying with gold or silver differs, from SBI's financial perspective [which you dont seen grasp].

      Try reading again and once the penny drops as to why paying for additional farms with silver is a terrible idea [gold might work]

      Until then .... this conversations over ...
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • So you don't have an opinion on this matter of your own... you came in to argue about some arbitrary "SBI did this to make money" argument.

      How utterly Pathetic.

      For the record there are ways to accomplish what YOU BELIEVE is their purpose without the need for hundreds of thousands of alternate accounts.
      I believe it's a waste of server space... it's unthematic.... and there are ways to fix it.

      I... COMPLETLEY... UNDERSTAND... THE .... POINT... YOU ... HAVE... MADE. It just doesn't matter, because it's a stupid point.