Dev Talk: War Gloves and HQ Hideouts

• Dev Talk: War Gloves and HQ Hideouts

Our newest Dev Talk is here, featuring Game Director Robin Henkys broadcasting from the brand-new Albion Online video studio! This new home for Albion's video content will streamline our filming process, allowing us to bring you Dev Talks more frequently. It's been awhile since our last Roadmap Update, and now we can reveal further details of two major upcoming features: War Gloves and HQ Hideouts.

Note that the above video includes subtitles for all nine of our supported languages – or for a written summary, click here: albiononline.com/news/devtalk-war-gloves-hq-hideouts
    • scions wrote:

will the 2 other lines weapons will be in the november update or it's for later ?
      I really hope one of them is necromancy. I've wanted it ever since someone discovered an unreleased summoning staff was in the market.

It would be the best thing ever, and I see people asking if there is a necromancy skill line from time to time. Plus, it fits in thematically with Albion. It would be nice to have access to the toys our undead buddies have in their crypts.
    • Sethis wrote:

I do not understand, black hands will be included in the new weapon tree? If yes, what is a replacement for them in daggers tree? If not, then how can you explain black hands in daggers tree when there is separate gloves tree?
      Devs have confirmed black hands are being reworked to a new demonic 1h dagger recently.
    • nice!
      lets wait until smaller guilds build theyr ho and face the first gank/camp cta.
      more stupid content for alliance slaves just for collecting theyr leaders rent.
      nothing will change. you only create stupid ctas for large alliances and the outcome will be the same for smaller guilds.
      nothing will change....

its like syndic already said.... just recruit everything under the sun and cta slave them for hideout cleanups.

EDIT:
      and binding all this to season points makes no sense btw, since there are guilds that buy season points.
      i dont wanna fire shots but i know about a guild buying points....
      you create even more problems with this system....

The post was edited 1 time, last by CallMeGosu ().

• Syndic wrote:

So you gonna discourage large-scale organization by actively incentivizing recruiting everything under the sun because hideouts will need 24/7 camping to be destroyed.

Gotcha, lemme know how that big brain plan works out. :D
      Invulnerable HQ status is irrelevant. POE & co simply need to send gank squads and target a zone until their inhabitants give up and pay rent. At some point their guild members will not want to play in the zone anymore. So there is a different angle but the renting problem remaining.
      And I am pretty sure that POE is capable of handling a large number of zones with headquarters either themselves or by outsourcing the bullying to other groups. I can't even blame them for doing this.
      So why do we get invulnerable HQs again?
    • Ferndor wrote:

Invulnerable HQ status is irrelevant. POE & co simply need to send gank squads and target a zone until their inhabitants give up and pay rent. At some point their guild members will not want to play in the zone anymore. So there is a different angle but the renting problem remaining.And I am pretty sure that POE is capable of handling a large number of zones with headquarters either themselves or by outsourcing the bullying to other groups. I can't even blame them for doing this.
      So why do we get invulnerable HQs again?
      they actually can't. since those seems to be aimed at group of 30-40 players so they don't have to be slaves anymore. (any groups of 30-40 players that are active should be able to get a season rank (silver at least)).

This might solve it more and POE does not have the man power to stretch over 20-30 maps like they control/rent currently.
      easy way to notice is that poe probably masses 200-400 for cta's so forget that people will mass to cover 30 maps with 10-30 people (that makes 300-900 players) to deny content to those 30-40 men guilds.

won't solve the cta timer issue but might offer an opportunity for smaller guilds to get a foot in the door of th bz contrary to the current state.
    • Questions.
      1. How will the power core system work in areas controlled by alliances to keep HQ spam from being a thing since there's going to be adjustments to food consumption for HO's in a given zone.
      2. What can we expect to receive as new content during the shortened season other than increased season point accrual.
      3. With the new studio, will you bring in other members of the team for interviews and sneak peeks? I'm sure the guys in the art department could use some exposure they're doing a lot of work.
      Love the graphic design for the zones, the new assets look great! Looking forward for the future weapons adding horizontal progression, people seem to really like that idea if it's implemented well(I'm not touching balance on this one).