Dev Talk: War Gloves and HQ Hideouts

• Fuhcew2 wrote:

scions wrote:

CaptainBastard wrote:

Sethis wrote:

I do not understand, black hands will be included in the new weapon tree? If yes, what is a replacement for them in daggers tree? If not, then how can you explain black hands in daggers tree when there is separate gloves tree?
      Very nice question!I was thinking exactly the same!And I missed something? Two new weapons line? So gloves are just one and the other?
      I personally hope for an early fire arm branch ( musket, flintlock pistol .. )
      it's between that, some sort of whip or boomerang(please no boomerang the early fire arm would be BANGER)
      Wow. Boomerang? That would be a huge letdown. As well as a whip. That's just laziness in my opinion. How many different kinds of whips are there? Designs, ect? Gloves? Boomerangs? Swords work because there's a lot of different styles and types. It has a distinct flavor for each one. I don't think you get that with these simple ideas that are generic, more vanilla than Becky. A firearm would be cool, I love medieval type games that have firearms, like Grim Dawn.
      You could do a lot with firearms. It fits into the framework they've already created. 1h pistols, Snipers, Shotgun spray type for like ZvZ. It would make a lot more sense than a flying disc or a whip that has no place in real combat. Very niche.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ThirdEyePULSE ().

• Can I have one more operation mode? I want to be based on the classic control scheme, but it won't move when I left click on the floor. In this way, I will not trigger the attack command when I press and hold the right button to move. At the same time, I hope that when I select the target with the left button, the role will not move in the way I don't want because it is not selected successfully.
    • warrior123 wrote:

Can I have one more operation mode? I want to be based on the classic control scheme, but it won't move when I left click on the floor. In this way, I will not trigger the attack command when I press and hold the right button to move. At the same time, I hope that when I select the target with the left button, the role will not move in the way I don't want because it is not selected successfully.
      forum.albiononline.com/index.p…lassic-control-left-click
      Display Spoiler

Wozcrue wrote:

I might be the only one that feels this way, but i want a mix of Classic and RTS controls.

First off, lets go through the controls:
      --------------------------------------------------
      Classic
      - Right click moves character
      - Left click moves character
      - Left click targets and loots
      - Left click attacks

Pros:
      - Right click will move me to where i click, no matter if i click ON a enemy or just behind a boss etc.

Cons:
      - if you try to target something, be it enemy or item, and miss, you start moving there. This can be really bad when playing around in CD's for example.
      RTS Controls
      - Right click moves character
      - Right click attacks
      - Left click targets and loots

Pros:
      - Easy targetting in pvp, you can spam edges of screen to get the upper hand with easy and fast targetting. You will never attack someone when you meant to just inspect.

Cons:
      - Since you move and attack on same button, you can "fail to move" by hitting a enemy, or right behind a boss, or a trap, or a bush etc etc.

Suggestion
      I suggest removing the movement on Classic controls left click. This way we get the movement from Classic, but the targeting from RTS. Yes, target and attack would be on the same button, but you solve that with double click to attack option if you don't like it.

Thoughts?

AsmurfH wrote:

I honestly can't understand why SDI gave us 2 options that are both flawed.. Just doing as suggested in this thread - remove movement from Classic control left click - would fix one; and by making "hold of both left and right" a forced move - like the Num Lock autorun - would fix the other one.
      ATM I'm switching between the options depending on what I'm doing - Classic in Dungeons and RTS otherwise - a workaround I'd very much like to skip.

The post was edited 1 time, last by AsmurfH ().

• Will HQ hideouts carry over between seasons as long as you can upkeep it with food/cores? Or will they be reset to normal HOs if you don't meet the requirements to keep a HQ in that zone?

On top of that, if you DO meet the requirements to place a HQ, is that a once per season thing? If you lose the hq status by getting outcompeted for cores, can you try again in another zone or do you have to wait a whole season?
      Arcane shill

Looking for a job with labourers? https://discord.gg/Av8apcsCZP