PVP healers over power

• @The_Support_God, I absolutely agree with you, that healers are broken. And it is broken for the last 2 years as min)

But the way, Retroman wanna use to resolve it is just another crutch. Too many crutches for one game, that's what I'm trying to say.
      Albion Online has its own specific in game-play and PVP balancing for sure.

But I really can't understand, why do we need to construct our own bicycle, and don't wanna at least try a simple, intuitive for players tool of balancing, used in most MMO, as manna management difficulties?
      Q usage limit, 50% damage debuff...

It looks like... Retroman try to kill a fly with a hammer. Breaking the table, chair and a laptop on it along the way.
    • I can kill healers in 1v1 cd you're just a dumb idiot
      noobs and cry babies like you should not be playing Albion it's people like you who ruins the game.
      if you can't kill healers in 1v1 you lack of something use your brain a little bit don't blame the system
      Yes every class every weapon has a weakness but you still need to use your Brain when doing pvp this is not like other mmorpg where you target and spam skills Albion has the option to dodge kite and use your surrounding to your fcking advantage specially in the corrupted dungeon
      people should learn that shit stop doing pvp if you can't accept defeat or learn from it.
    • not healers are broken but no counter on mage cowl.
      Why guardian helmet has 40 sec and mage cowl has 30sec..

just give a counter item to mage cowl and the meta will change by itself. instead they balance the whole tree around the ridiculous 50% damage reduction...

and you know what does not work, healers still kill and still are not killable by most builds... and those builds that kill now did it before.
    • @Nin21 listen here kid
      go to Corrupted dungeons and play against the healer comps when they do not have 20% healing reduction (from the map), 30% healing reduction from healing sickness and when hallowfall had a 15 second cooldown, damage reduction and longer cc knock up

you are winning A healer because they have all this stacked against them before the final blow on the coffin next patch with damage reduction

if you want to know how it feels like playing against a non - nerfed healer then duel someone in the open world with the healer having 300 IP Advantage difference than you
      because 100 IP =10% healing diff and since healers get - 50% healing dip in CD this is about right

better yet go to Hellgates and see how difficult it is to kill a healer with all the knockback items in the meta
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • Nin21 wrote:

this is not like other mmorpg where you target and spam skills
      Actually, it almost is) Especially after that idiot's dream with bats became true.

Quagga wrote:

just give a counter item to mage cowl and the meta will change by itself
      - just do something with a GUARDIAN HELM!!! And meta will be ok
      - just do something with a cultist cowl and meta will be ok
      - just do something with a mage cowl and meta will be ok

Do you know, what will you write then? Oh, god, please no: JUST DO SOMETHING WITH A DEAMON CAWL AND META WILL BE OK)

The same old song(c) :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Back.Off.Outlaw ().

• The_Support_God wrote:

@Nin21 listen here kid
      go to Corrupted dungeons and play against the healer comps when they do not have 20% healing reduction (from the map), 30% healing reduction from healing sickness and when hallowfall had a 15 second cooldown, damage reduction and longer cc knock up

you are winning A healer because they have all this stacked against them before the final blow on the coffin next patch with damage reduction

if you want to know how it feels like playing against a non - nerfed healer then duel someone in the open world with the healer having 300 IP Advantage difference than you
      because 100 IP =10% healing diff and since healers get - 50% healing dip in CD this is about right

better yet go to Hellgates and see how difficult it is to kill a healer with all the knockback items in the meta
      You are trying to bring your thoughts to someone, who thinks, THIS is balanced.

Don't try. Some time ago I tried to tell something about war bows to players, who played 10-20 fights, using it. It is impossible. They know better)

But think a bit.
      CD itself already prevents kiting builds to kite.
      It will now prevent players to play around self-healing.

Do you think, noobs will stop crying? What will be next? One-shout players? Daggers are already in meta. How much time noobs need to start to cry about it?
      And what will they do, according to the current direction? Something like: "if a player gets X damage in Y time - he will become immortal for 5 sec and teleported to another corner of the dungeon automatically". Will it be ok?
      What will CD and 1v1 PVP look like if we will prevent everything Retroman can't deal with?

Don't you be afraid to get a game, where everyone has a "kill" button, and all the pvp content based on who will press it first?

Diversity of play styles and tactics in PVP is extremely important and it is bullshit to prevent everything around via artifact mechanics, which affects PVP and helps one player to kill the other.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Back.Off.Outlaw ().

• honestly i can handle dying to a frost, tombhammer, badon, warbow, bearpaws and the crossbow line

They are kite builds to an extent and also have sustain built into some of their kits but they are all skill shot reliant and do not have infinite sustain

kite builds in corrupteds have been fixed to an extent witth the changes which encourages them to finish the fight before they get too many stacks of corruption which reduces their move speed and max hp%

the only builds i cannot handle is those who have heals on a 3sec cooldown and can undo all the damage i done without any repercussions. that is why healing is reduced by 20% in corrupteds

merc jacket was powerful because it provided heals but it was counterable via purge and its innate long cooldown. healers do not have that problem. the only problem they have is damage and that is easily fixed in this game compared to healing. getting damage in this game is very easy with many choices such as the point and click mage cowl
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • Hi, Retroman!

I've fought a bit today with your's awesome "balance". And that's what I've seen:
      5 fights, 3 tomb-hammer. This thing has the same speed, like a bow with frost-shout, insane stan duration and not bad damage, with cape, cawl.
      E cast-time is too low. When you play with 140ms ping, it looks like non-casting. It's even fun when you see a helm cast, but then it's gone, and you are stunned.

I've checked some stats(Maybe you will try to check it. it might be helpful in your work. honestly! Try it) :
      Looks like the only thing, which holds tombs are healers. Heron and course do not matter. The tomb will easily skip that.
      So if we are preventing playing around self-healing - every monkey with 8.3 tomb will easily farm players in corrupts without any risk.
      Doesn't it look like anything? Any flash-backs? No?

If you will try to launch your game sometimes, you will understand, that this will change nothing:
      • Iron Breaker (all Hammers)
        • Resistance Reduction: 0.14 -> 0.12

• Damage vs Playes: 120 -> 90 (Damage vs Mobs stays unchanged)

• Power Geyser (all Hammers)
        • Cooldown: 8s -> 10s

• Tackle (Great Hammer)
        • Stun Duration: 2.35s -> 2.10s
      Bats just disfigured PVP in corrupted dungeons. But change nothing.
      -50% damage with healer staff will switch healers to tombs. And nothing will change again.
      We will have 3-4 weapons kill every other.

What will be the next crutch? "If you are using a CC skill - you can't attack, while an enemy is controlled?", or "all the CC duration will be debuffed to 50%"? Or maybe "frogs will appear at all the ways and will debuff players after each CC skill usage"?

New World was released. And it looks prety qualitatively. Core Pank is nearby.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Back.Off.Outlaw ().

• Back.Off.Outlaw wrote:

Hi, Retroman!

I've fought a bit today with your's awesome "balance". And that's what I've seen:
      5 fights, 3 tomb-hammer. This thing has the same speed, like a bow with frost-shout, insane stan duration and not good damage, with cape, cawl.
      E cast-time is too low. When you play with 140ms ping, it looks like non-casting. It's even fun when you see a helm cast, but then it's gone, and you are stunned.

I've checked some stats(Maybe you will try to check it. it might be helpful in your work. honestly! Try it) :
      Looks like the only thing, which holds tombs are healers. Heron and course do not matter. The tomb will easily skip that.
      So if we are preventing playing around self-healing - every monkey with 8.3 tomb will easily farm players in corrupts without any risk.
      Doesn't it look like anything? Any flash-backs? No?

If you will try to launch your game sometimes, you will understand, that this will change nothing:
      • Iron Breaker (all Hammers)
        • Resistance Reduction: 0.14 -> 0.12

• Damage vs Playes: 120 -> 90 (Damage vs Mobs stays unchanged)

• Power Geyser (all Hammers)
        • Cooldown: 8s -> 10s

• Tackle (Great Hammer)
        • Stun Duration: 2.35s -> 2.10s
      Bats just disfigured PVP in corrupted dungeons. But change nothing.
      -50% damage with healer staff will switch healers to tombs. And nothing will change again.
      We will have 3-4 weapons kill every other.

What will be the next crutch? "If you are using a CC skill - you can't attack, while an enemy is controlled?", or "all the CC duration will be debuffed to 50%"? Or maybe "frogs will appear at all the ways and will debuff players after each CC skill usage"?

New World was released. And it looks prety qualitatively. Core Pank is nearby.
      bro, those changes just clearly affect Crystal 5v5 tank. They just changing the meta on Crystal when they want Or bored of . "Devs" just "Smart" enough to think meta is cause broken weapon so we have to nerf...
      They literally killed Crystal party in a week:
      Great hammer nerf
      Regular bow nerf
      Glaive nerf

Genius...