PVP healers over power

• PVP healers over power

healers are too up in dungeon 1 vs 1 talking pvp correupted dungens.
      you do not even have spells that can interrupt their healing and the equipment there is there is such a long cooldown on it is completely laughable that you can not even escape from the healers they must have reduced all healing by 60% in the dungeons for it here is a laugh that you keep having ha builds that are impossible to kill ..
      especially the new build as bligth staff is completely gone.

when you spend 3 4 million on gear you meet tir 6 7 healers who can kill you without sweating you can not over dps them they out heal you and their gear does not cost a shit it is a total joke in do nothing about it here.

i'm fucking mad over i sit on my hands inside albion and do nothing about some of the most overpowered builds a healer should not run around and be able to make insane damge and so also be able to heal at the same time it must be either or.
      get together now and do something about this I'm not the only one who thinks this is stupid.

you have to take and get this looked at also some of the useless weapons that are not used in the game that can not be used for anything ,.
    • Gotta say if not The leader ship here dont something about this shit its fa fucking joke they not even respond to this..
      not a single player in the guild do think this is a good that to both dps an heal better then the best dps can output.
      but hey another World of warcraft team that use their ass to think dps dps high number we dont care it is ofc healers need to do more Dps then the pure dps an heal them self with in 10 sec too WTF team use your inderside of the skull for ones i am fucking mad you guys not adress this.,.
    • Yeah before healers caught on to this cancer poison helm and run stuff it was not so bad. Holy was still strong on smite Hallow but killable. SBI created the nature cancer by absolutely destroying their thorns Q. Better option than all this weird heal penalty stuff is buffing thorns Q at some range between the current state and pre nerf state. From there just disable heal Qs from CD only. Healers could still be effective in the content but they would need to at least attempt to fight. I don't know what they really do about the over healing in 1v1 issue it is a tough one.
    • He should have seen pre rise of avalon patch healers instead

those things were pure unkillable

so ya.... as i was saying i was a reg bow main and even i had problems facing healers
      holy healers were not as big as a problem for me because they still had cast times and i had insane dps

but for other builds i can see where the problems start due to not enough dps
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • Healers being the strongest 1v1 characters is a sad joke.
      Healing in general is OP in this game. Specter hood for mercenary jacket is a prime example of that next to the cd god hallowfall.

The post was edited 1 time, last by B1ggus ().

• From NDA patch:

Healers in Albion offer a very strong sustain, so that they have the tools to prevent their group members just getting bursted down in group fights. To make up for this heavy sustain, Healers usually are designed to not having a lot of damage in their kit. That is why Healers are supposed to choose with their Q-slot if they want to go full sustain or have a damage ability. However there is also the option to go full sustain and get the damage from other sources like a potion, cape and armor pieces. To diminish the effectiveness of that strategy the base damage output is reduced when equipping any healing staff. Healers can negate that penalty by using the damage ability on the Q-slot. This change should enforce the original intention where Healers have to choose between sustain or damage.

As a warbow player, I hate healers. It's like hit the wall.
      And this win rate is... hm.. a bit high:

I am also glad, that@'Retroman' at least got, that it needs some more complex rework than those -10%, -20%.

But even I am on the healers' side now.
      Noobs cry: "they are running" - you kill kiting.
      Noobs cry: "they heal themself" - you are killing self-healing now.

Why not look, how do other game developers deal with that? Look to healers mana-consuming at least.

Stop killing play-styles. Start to balance it!
    • nope this is how healer should be in this game
      where they heal and not kill

in other games it is balanced around by having its own class exclusive skills but not a game where you are what you wear
      because healing in this game is so broken

and look at the win rate it says it all. there are no weapons in the game right now which could beat the top healing weapons
      so this change was "suggested" to open up CD viability

also unless you feel the pain of running in a circle chasing a frost or holy for over half an hour when you have 0 mobility
      you would also agree that kite builds should have an upper limit on how much time they could kite and reset
      if they could not kill their target within the time then they should suffer some small setbacks when running hence the Corrupted dungeon changes

they activate after some time and takes some stacks to start feeling the effects
      which is the right way to punish people who constantly reset
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

• The_Support_God wrote:

nope this is how healer should be in this game

in other games it is balanced around by having its own class exclusive skills but not a game where you are what you wear
      because healing in this game is so broken

and look at the win rate it says it all. there are no weapons in the game right now which could beat the top healing weapons
      so this change was "suggested" to open up CD viability

also unless you feel the pain of running in a circle chasing a frost or holy for over half an hour when you have 0 mobility
      you would also agree that kite builds should have an upper limit on how much time they could kite and reset
      if they could not kill their target within the time then they should suffer some small setbacks when running hence the Corrupted dungeon changes

they activate after some time and takes some stacks to start feeling the effects
      which is the right way to punish people who constantly reset
      Yeah exactly this. I’ve been wanting this change since joining the game, some of the functions and balancing in Albion have been completely mind boggling. This is finally the change required. It’s a shame I quit a few weeks ago because I’d actually welcome this. Unfortunately a lot of good changes have come too late in the day. Anyway it isn’t all about CD but that’s all I found to do. Hope you guys enjoy the change I know I would have
    • ATTENTION!
      Hot news from the scene!

Retroman did not have time to recover after surrendering to kite builds, when the new playstyle proved, that it is too difficult to balance for our gallant fighter with balance.
      Oh sorry, I wanna say: "fighter for a balance"!

Looks like Albion will lose even more variety in 1v1 PVP.
      Healers in Albion offer a very strong sustain, so that they have the tools to prevent their group members just getting bursted down in group fights. To make up for this heavy sustain, Healers usually are designed to not having a lot of damage in their kit. That is why Healers are supposed to choose with their Q-slot if they want to go full sustain or have a damage ability. However there is also the option to go full sustain and get the damage from other sources like a potion, cape and armor pieces. To diminish the effectiveness of that strategy the base damage output is reduced when equipping any healing staff. Healers can negate that penalty by using the damage ability on the Q-slot. This change should enforce the original intention where Healers have to choose between sustain or damage.

Stupid face rolling and one-shout tactics are holding at the moment.

Experts say that the next target of crying noobs can be one-shout builds players.
      Let's wish them good luck.
      Hold on brothers!

There are rumors, that enemy is planning to transform Albion pvp into this:

We hope, that it will not happen!

We will keep you informed.
      Regards, BackOFF news.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Back.Off.Outlaw ().

• not really op you're just a dumbfck
      nature staff has been nerfed too many times already and now some players resolved to using mage cowl as a form of dps
      healer's are mage to begin with and kiting or running around while spamming heals is just part of it. If you're too tired of trying to take them down on cd's
      there's always an option to destroy the crystal I believe they don't have the damage to burst you down that quick.

People kept complaining about nature's only damaging ability "THORNS" and Devs decided to adjust it for these people and it greatly took
      away nature staff's pvp capability. The reason why the mage cowl or the cancer build was created, Remember it's you who made this happen.
    • The_Support_God wrote:

nope this is how healer should be in this game
      What does it mean "should be"?
      There are a lot of successful games, where healers can deal damage. As the nearest example - WoW. I didn't play it for a long time, but when I played - priest, druid, paladin could fight 1v1 with healer spec. The thing was indifferent spect for PVP and PvE. PVE healer could heal non-stop, but the damage was extremely small, because of set. Heal is mana-consuming, so he needs to use all the items with MP5(regen). In PVP spec, healers(accept a druid, it had another principle) had not endless MP, as in Albion. As result healers could play PVP in 1v1, 2v2... It could kill, but it could also die not against one shout only.

I don't try to say, that WoW PVP balance system is a perfect one. But it worked and worked much better than Albion Online in this aspect.
      So you should say: "This is, how I want to see healers in this game", but not: "how it should be"

You are not the only player in the game.

Developers say: "This is a sandbox! You can play as you wish. Look for your's own tactic and play like that"
      But then they say: "emm... but don't use kiting! noobs are crying about it. And don't play around self-healing"

As a result, PVP becomes less variable, boring, and luck-depended.
      I don't sure, that what Albion should be.
    • The delicate balance between sandbox and combat balance

i know i said "This is how healers should be"

but i also said "in other games it is balanced around by having its own class exclusive skills but not a game where you are what you wear
      because healing in this game is so broken"

just imagine how much worst the healer meta would be if it was spammer healer, old guardian helm and also phy immune cultist robe pre roads of avalon patch
      i want you to tell me how you kill healers back then if they where ever introduced into corrupted dungeons

i know combat balance is not perfect and can never be but self healing where healing is hard to come by in a solo environment is too unbalanced

unlike other games with each class having its own exclusive skills devs can balance numbers and it would only affect the selected class but in this game where you can wear anything you fancy one misstep can ruin other weapons too.