Why was IP cap removed in the Royals?

• Barloch wrote:

Other than generating gold sales to wallet warriors buying gold or rich BZ players using 8.3 MP coming to Royals to basically destroy their opponents. GG SBI. Profits > playability.
      cause 4.3 maps were really hard af to do, like harder than hce 15-18 from my memory (tho i might not have had much specs back then but i did have 4.3mp sets for pve)

And it's not needed.
      8.3 gear doesn't make the player.
      here's one of the few "recorded" and shared proof of that happening
      reddit.com/r/albiononline/comm…_83_kill_by_using_51_set/
    • Barloch wrote:

That is the most bs "logic" I've ever read. It's a revenue boost plain and simple. To save 4.3 maps they screwed over Faction Warfare? ROFLMAO AO is officially P2W now. GG devs
      literally linked a clip of a guy in 5.1 killing a 8.3 geared guy proving that it isn't pay 2 win and more skill to win...

And it isn't just for 4.3/5.3 maps. just showed some content was being denied with poor rewards because of it.

no big revenue comes from blue and yz. only comes from hce or r3 if you want to push that agenda.

Albion is pay to progress quickly but certainly not to win, saw too many guys in shit gear kill 8.2-8.3 guys too often.

and it didn't screw faction warfare lmao, just use actual zvz gear and be in flat 6 and you probably won't get oneshotted (or use resist pots, t3's are hella cheap) or have people near you in actual fighting gear for group fight instead of corrupted dungeon gear and you'll have access to demon armors, enigmatic, locus , judi armors to help you out and save your ass when you have horrible positioning.

worst albion ever got was pay to play with a subscription service on top (which was "fixed" when f2p released).
    • Players really do not like finding out that the gear they paid a bunch of silver for, loses 30%+ effectiveness in the zones they play in.

I was hesitant when they removed the IP cap, but with the introduction of faction warfare the idea of IP caps in the open world became more of a hindrance to the game than a benefit. They also changed faction warfare in these zones from previously being lethal, full loot, to knock down, at the same time.

This is literally the first time in over 2 years that I have seen someone complain about IP cap changes.
      Demon Lord - UwU
      CANCEL PIDDLE

The post was edited 1 time, last by Piddle ().

• Piddle wrote:

Players really do like finding out that the gear they paid a bunch of silver for, loses 30%+ effectiveness in the zones they play in.

I was hesitant when they removed the IP cap, but with the introduction of faction warfare the idea of IP caps in the open world became more of a hindrance to the game than a benefit. They also changed faction warfare in these zones from previously being lethal, full loot, to knock down, at the same time.

This is literally the first time in over 2 years that I have seen someone complain about IP cap changes.
      last time people complained about it (to my knowledge) was when reds could still down faction players with no risk (apart of repairs) in yellow zones making it possible to have another player (most of the times was an alt of a player which is/was against tos) to execute the faction player.

Since that specific scenario, never really heard about it, people were too happy to loot people like Vibrator, Voracity, myself and a few others that were often in 8.2-8.3 for those faction fights since it was with no ip cap
    • Piddle wrote:

I think the yellow zone should have an IP cap so I’m happy to fill your complaint quota:

I think Albion Online has a good thing going now with high risk full loot zones for Pro Gamers and low risk non-lethal zones for Casuals or Newbies, but this dichotomy is spoiled by the ability to play sweaty in the yellows.

As a semi-active player at the moment, sometimes I like to chill out on my bean bag playing Albion on mobile. When I play like this I play meme builds with mobile controls in t6flat and basically no spec. In this situation the people sweating it out in 8.2 meta builds are actually a threat. And I think this is stupid. There is plenty of content for players to be serious about in red and black zones.

If Albion has to have non-lethal pvp it should cater to meme builds (and new/casual/poor/low-spec players). Where else in the game can I play like a retard? There are no consequences so I don’t have to feel bad for letting my faction mates down. But dying to max spec sweatlords even without consequences isn’t fun. What’s fun is newbs and meme builds crashing into each other without a care in the world.

So I say stupidity should be allowed to flourish in the yellow zones, and an ip cap is a good way to enable that.
    • Lanzier wrote:

Piddle wrote:

I think the yellow zone should have an IP cap so I’m happy to fill your complaint quota:
      I think Albion Online has a good thing going now with high risk full loot zones for Pro Gamers and low risk non-lethal zones for Casuals or Newbies, but this dichotomy is spoiled by the ability to play sweaty in the yellows.

As a semi-active player at the moment, sometimes I like to chill out on my bean bag playing Albion on mobile. When I play like this I play meme builds with mobile controls in t6flat and basically no spec. In this situation the people sweating it out in 8.2 meta builds are actually a threat. And I think this is stupid. There is plenty of content for players to be serious about in red and black zones.

If Albion has to have non-lethal pvp it should cater to meme builds (and new/casual/poor/low-spec players). Where else in the game can I play like a retard? There are no consequences so I don’t have to feel bad for letting my faction mates down. But dying to max spec sweatlords even without consequences isn’t fun. What’s fun is newbs and meme builds crashing into each other without a care in the world.

So I say stupidity should be allowed to flourish in the yellow zones, and an ip cap is a good way to enable that.
      <X <X <X <X <X <X
    • Lanzier wrote:

That's a lot of words, but what he asked was why it was changed, and not how I would redesign the game to meet my own personal expectations of what Albion Online should be.

So I just answered his question.

If you want the IP changed there is a Feedback and Suggestions section of these very forums you can use to give developers your input.
      Demon Lord - UwU
      CANCEL PIDDLE