Raging Blades need rollback to what it was. Unreliable skill now

    • Combat Balance
    • Raging Blades need rollback to what it was. Unreliable skill now

      It's so unreliable because of bizzare hit mechanic that makes it not worth using. I don't know why it was changed in the first place. If you think it was too strong then nerf damage but make it work like it was.
    • I'd rather have deadly chop or batle rush buff. Raging blades used to be the only skill you could pick on axes with the exception of adrenaline boost. It's better to have some choice than none, so that's why simply rolling the skill back would be toxic. Balancing the whole weapon tree around one w abillity is kind of boring.
    • ziigii wrote:

      I'd rather have deadly chop or batle rush buff. Raging blades used to be the only skill you could pick on axes with the exception of adrenaline boost. It's better to have some choice than none, so that's why simply rolling the skill back would be toxic. Balancing the whole weapon tree around one w abillity is kind of boring.
      One thing is balancing the skill, other is making it completely useless..
    • Unangwata wrote:

      One thing is balancing the skill, other is making it completely useless..
      Deadly chop and battle rage are completely useless. Raging blades still has uses in some content. It can still be used in zvz for some dmg and dmg buff to get bigger dmg on e. Even if the damage was nerfed further the skill would have more use than the other 2 so how is it useless compared to the other two?
    • ziigii wrote:

      Unangwata wrote:

      One thing is balancing the skill, other is making it completely useless..
      Deadly chop and battle rage are completely useless. Raging blades still has uses in some content. It can still be used in zvz for some dmg and dmg buff to get bigger dmg on e. Even if the damage was nerfed further the skill would have more use than the other 2 so how is it useless compared to the other two?
      Maybe they are useless for you. You think if your play style doesn't include them then they are universally useless. I use both and find them great.
      Raging Blades however are technically broken.
    • Unangwata wrote:

      ziigii wrote:

      Unangwata wrote:

      One thing is balancing the skill, other is making it completely useless..
      Deadly chop and battle rage are completely useless. Raging blades still has uses in some content. It can still be used in zvz for some dmg and dmg buff to get bigger dmg on e. Even if the damage was nerfed further the skill would have more use than the other 2 so how is it useless compared to the other two?
      Maybe they are useless for you. You think if your play style doesn't include them then they are universally useless. I use both and find them great.Raging Blades however are technically broken.
      Most people don't use them. You think if your play style does include them then they are universally usefull?
      Raging blades are still used a lot and just because you don't like the nerf doesn't mean they are bad and deserve a buff.

      The thing I hated the most about old raging blades was that in every situation that was 2v2+ I would be forced to pick raging blades since they outdamaged every other w by so much that there was no real choice. I hated that about axes and then SBI would nerf axe e because axe is to strong in pvp.

      And you want to go back to that way of gameplay? Where axe player=raging blade?

      The post was edited 1 time, last by ziigii ().

    • ziigii wrote:

      Unangwata wrote:

      ziigii wrote:

      Unangwata wrote:

      One thing is balancing the skill, other is making it completely useless..
      Deadly chop and battle rage are completely useless. Raging blades still has uses in some content. It can still be used in zvz for some dmg and dmg buff to get bigger dmg on e. Even if the damage was nerfed further the skill would have more use than the other 2 so how is it useless compared to the other two?
      Maybe they are useless for you. You think if your play style doesn't include them then they are universally useless. I use both and find them great.Raging Blades however are technically broken.
      Most people don't use them. You think if your play style does include them then they are universally usefull?Raging blades are still used a lot and just because you don't like the nerf doesn't mean they are bad and deserve a buff.

      The thing I hated the most about old raging blades was that in every situation that was 2v2+ I would be forced to pick raging blades since they outdamaged every other w by so much that there was no real choice. I hated that about axes and then SBI would nerf axe e because axe is to strong in pvp.

      And you want to go back to that way of gameplay? Where axe player=raging blade?
      Like I said, balance, instead remove.
      Universally useful.. ? I don't know what you mean. That's new term lol..

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Unangwata ().

    • Unangwata wrote:

      ziigii wrote:

      Unangwata wrote:

      ziigii wrote:

      Unangwata wrote:

      One thing is balancing the skill, other is making it completely useless..
      Deadly chop and battle rage are completely useless. Raging blades still has uses in some content. It can still be used in zvz for some dmg and dmg buff to get bigger dmg on e. Even if the damage was nerfed further the skill would have more use than the other 2 so how is it useless compared to the other two?
      Maybe they are useless for you. You think if your play style doesn't include them then they are universally useless. I use both and find them great.Raging Blades however are technically broken.
      Most people don't use them. You think if your play style does include them then they are universally usefull?Raging blades are still used a lot and just because you don't like the nerf doesn't mean they are bad and deserve a buff.
      The thing I hated the most about old raging blades was that in every situation that was 2v2+ I would be forced to pick raging blades since they outdamaged every other w by so much that there was no real choice. I hated that about axes and then SBI would nerf axe e because axe is to strong in pvp.

      And you want to go back to that way of gameplay? Where axe player=raging blade?
      Like I said, balance, instead remove.Universally useful.. ? I don't know what you mean. That's new term lol..
      I invented a new term using your logic? Yay!
      So you want balance? The skill is balanced.
      Why ask for a rollback of a nerf on a balanced skill if you want balance?
      It seemed to me like you wanted it to be op again.
    • ziigii wrote:

      Unangwata wrote:

      ziigii wrote:

      Unangwata wrote:

      ziigii wrote:

      Unangwata wrote:

      One thing is balancing the skill, other is making it completely useless..
      Deadly chop and battle rage are completely useless. Raging blades still has uses in some content. It can still be used in zvz for some dmg and dmg buff to get bigger dmg on e. Even if the damage was nerfed further the skill would have more use than the other 2 so how is it useless compared to the other two?
      Maybe they are useless for you. You think if your play style doesn't include them then they are universally useless. I use both and find them great.Raging Blades however are technically broken.
      Most people don't use them. You think if your play style does include them then they are universally usefull?Raging blades are still used a lot and just because you don't like the nerf doesn't mean they are bad and deserve a buff.The thing I hated the most about old raging blades was that in every situation that was 2v2+ I would be forced to pick raging blades since they outdamaged every other w by so much that there was no real choice. I hated that about axes and then SBI would nerf axe e because axe is to strong in pvp.

      And you want to go back to that way of gameplay? Where axe player=raging blade?
      Like I said, balance, instead remove.Universally useful.. ? I don't know what you mean. That's new term lol..
      I invented a new term using your logic? Yay!So you want balance? The skill is balanced.
      Why ask for a rollback of a nerf on a balanced skill if you want balance?
      It seemed to me like you wanted it to be op again.
      isn't balanced, and isn't OP. Lmao, its bad asf.

      i'm sword player btw, not even axe player. So your "Axe player wants op things on his axe" doesn't work for me
    • Deathskills wrote:

      HIDKstr wrote:

      isn't balanced, and isn't OP. Lmao, its bad asf.
      i'm sword player btw, not even axe player. So your "Axe player wants op things on his axe" doesn't work for me
      sorry but it isn't bad, it requires higher positioning skills to be used now instead of face-mashing the keyboard with axes to get "free" kills.
      Yeah higher positioning.. maybe you can manage that with 1 target. try to do that with bunch of mobs, every of them at different distance
    • Unangwata wrote:

      Yeah higher positioning.. maybe you can manage that with 1 target. try to do that with bunch of mobs, every of them at different distance
      is your argument about pve now? please for fuck sake, do not ask for balancing weapons towards pve when it's a PVP game....

      Like do gala's, weeping, brimstone, ava daggers, energy shaper and i don't know how many other weapons need to be viable for fame farm heck no, you get them, use them in grp dungeon instead of cd/srd and you dive/counter dive people with pvp sets getting content and fame (both pve and pvp).

      like get that hce/cd mentality out of here, that's why ow is dead now. too much ez fame available in hce and cd and srd are a joke risk wise (aka no risk at all).

      and yeah you can manage with 1 target but not every thing needs to be good for pve again. just go adrenaline boost and do more damage for pve on top of having the extra move speed lmao
    • Deathskills wrote:

      Unangwata wrote:

      Yeah higher positioning.. maybe you can manage that with 1 target. try to do that with bunch of mobs, every of them at different distance
      is your argument about pve now? please for fuck sake, do not ask for balancing weapons towards pve when it's a PVP game....
      Like do gala's, weeping, brimstone, ava daggers, energy shaper and i don't know how many other weapons need to be viable for fame farm heck no, you get them, use them in grp dungeon instead of cd/srd and you dive/counter dive people with pvp sets getting content and fame (both pve and pvp).

      like get that hce/cd mentality out of here, that's why ow is dead now. too much ez fame available in hce and cd and srd are a joke risk wise (aka no risk at all).

      and yeah you can manage with 1 target but not every thing needs to be good for pve again. just go adrenaline boost and do more damage for pve on top of having the extra move speed lmao
      I said mobs as example u moron, use your brain and guess that it's even harder in PVP isn't it..
    • to be honest the current iteration of raging blades is hard to use / clunky in small scale fights
      which is good for higher skill show case when facing small number of players but not always reliable
      but when the number of players reach 10 and above in a enclosed area it does not matter anymore

      i think raging blades is ment to be used in larger scale conflict
      because if it was the iteration before you would just take it over any other ability when it comes to group pvp

      raging blades has the highest damage amp in the axe tree even surpassing adrenalin boost and a high aoe base damage when combined with its own damage amp
      this made all other choices non relevent as raging blades is the answer to almost anything that does not run away from you

      now you have to choose between internal bleeding for reliable AoE damage adrenalin boost for that rush and heavy E potential or smart placement/ large number of players to get the full value of raging blades

      so while i agree it was a stupid huge nerf and that wound have just done it justice with lowering numbers but in its current state i am happy to see it as high skill cap high reward ability

      Also before the rework to make it useless inexpirenced players were just spaming whenever it was off cooldown and still make the skill work but would not combine it with their E get the full potential of the skill
      now you have to actually move land the hits and use a fully charged E to get value out of the skill
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

      Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

      FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode

      The post was edited 3 times, last by The_Support_God ().