Results of Reddit Poll about Lifetouch Staff

• Combat Balance
    • 45 Healer abusers, maybe even from a discord? That small poll means nothing right?

You can do a twitch pool in a 2s streamer that only play oneshot and always say I hate healers blablabla, most of his audience will repeat the words and believe the streamer words.
      -> This happen on Hellgate hub. Most of the people there love healer cause everyone there loves healer, and the "good builds" are healer (took like 3 months to add non-healer builds for the admins in the 2s-builds). And i remember a time that a guy from twtich did a post everyone was saying that healer wasn't op, that healer needed a buff, blablabla.

But if you really think about it, healers meta always was a problem, too strong. Thats why you can only play Healer OR oneshot.

My point:
      Doing polls like this proves 0.

SBI should get some community help on this type of things, for example RIOT used to do questions at the end of some games about the RP prices, the game, etc. Pretty sure SBI can do it with people that had more than 20m PVE fame or 10m PVP fame; blablabla.
      Why the limit on fame? Cause veterans had tons of alters, so total fame doesn't work (craft fame its high in any alter) and creation time account doesn't work for the same.

The post was edited 1 time, last by HIDKstr ().

• HIDKstr wrote:

Thats why you can only play Healer OR oneshot.
      That is a core issue of the 2v2 format, not a healer issue, as healers are usually fit to heal parties of 5, including themselves. Meanwhile in an environment where there are only 2 targets, it makes for a completely different healing distribution, allowing to outheal DPS outputs without the consequences of more pronounced target switching or splash damage in 5's or bigger sized content.
      And that's besides the fact that TTK (time to kill) in this game is entirely attached to the availability of a healer in your party.

You could swap the 2v2 format for a 3v3 to fix the healing distribution somewhat, but that's an entirely different demographic and new balancing issues.
      As for now, I'd rather have multiple viable healer builds for 2v2's instead of fighting Great Holy in the exactly same build for the 20th time in a row, ideally throwing Iron Root into the mix aswell.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • HIDKstr wrote:

45 Healer abusers, maybe even from a discord? That small poll means nothing right?

You can do a twitch pool in a 2s streamer that only play oneshot and always say I hate healers blablabla, most of his audience will repeat the words and believe the streamer words.
      -> This happen on Hellgate hub. Most of the people there love healer cause everyone there loves healer, and the "good builds" are healer (took like 3 months to add non-healer builds for the admins in the 2s-builds). And i remember a time that a guy from twtich did a post everyone was saying that healer wasn't op, that healer needed a buff, blablabla.

But if you really think about it, healers meta always was a problem, too strong. Thats why you can only play Healer OR oneshot.

My point:
      Doing polls like this proves 0.

SBI should get some community help on this type of things, for example RIOT used to do questions at the end of some games about the RP prices, the game, etc. Pretty sure SBI can do it with people that had more than 20m PVE fame or 10m PVP fame; blablabla.
      Why the limit on fame? Cause veterans had tons of alters, so total fame doesn't work (craft fame its high in any alter) and creation time account doesn't work for the same.
      You are right, a poll like this does not mean the item is or isn’t balanced, nor does it gather information from “a guaranteed knowledgeable source”. However there is a point here I wouldn’t want you to miss: I am not here to argue wether healers are good or bad for hellgates, I am advocating for a change to add more variety to 2vs2 fights.
      Ironroot’s E is bugged atm, it’s not an option.
      Lifetouch E was nerfed and Great Holy received a massive buff. The _only_ healing staff *I* have seen in 2s is Great Holy (I like to emphasize that is my personal experience, given that I am not a fully committed hellgate player). Like Hattenhair said, it would be cool if instead of fighting the same resistance buff/knockback staff over and over again, I could fight against/play reliably another weapon. It’s not about making a weapon better than the other, is about making them viable. Think about it, 2s seem like ideal PvP places for Lifetouch, yet it is rarely seen there, is that really ok?
      Back to the poll topic. I absolutely agree with you. There are more reliable ways to gather feedback about this than making a public poll. That being said, I hope this post at least raises a bit of awareness about this. It might be an issue worth considering, it might be not; but I personally think it is.
      Right now I am more concerned about Ironroot not working properly tbh.
      Staff of Balance is not dead! Royal March was* :)