Rework of the Roads of Avalon

• Roads of Avalon
    • Rework of the Roads of Avalon

Greetings friends and foes!

This is a big post, so keep cool. i'll first explain the logic behind my stuff then my stuff.
      I've come today to suggest a few changes for the Roads of Avalon, even though the content is kinda new, I feel that the RoA flopped kinda hard.
      If we look to things like Faction Warfare and Corrupted Dungeons (that were added either together or after the RoA) they are way more stable and feel that have a purpose on the world, ROA on the other hand only actually works if you are in a big guild and have a 3rd party program to conect all the exists and actually know the shortcuts to zones you want.

The purpose of RoA was to give a way to solo/small parties to profit on either open-world PVE or gathering while giving also space to gankers to, well, gank. At first the Roads where very active and ppl were running ups and down, but after a while ppl realised that it isn't that worth a all. The excessive randomness and great risk put an even bigger gap between ppl who have good guilds and ppl who don't, hence I've come to suggest a few changes to tackle this issue.

0- Flagging

Change: First of all i think that Flagging should be needed to attack others on the Roads, I would also change a few buffs and debuffs to flagged ones.
      Buffs: 20% More movespeed while on the Roads itself (either mounted or unmounted). Meaning you would be better to transition between maps and would be easier to gank ppl who are transporting or going back from the "forest" content.
      Debuff: Take a lot more damage from neutral mobs, be in dungeons, random mobs or resource one. So it isn't too easy to go to jungle parts to hunt gatherers/pvers, but easier to fight them on the roads.

Reason: As it is, the "forest" is a place with too risk vs too bad reward (at least for small scale and for T4-T6 resources), the mobs are tanky, they don't give lots of stuf and takes too much time to do with small scale, so as it is, the ganking counterpart is way too easy on the "forest" while on the "Road" is too easy to flee, I FEEL THAT SHOULD BE THE OTHER WAY AROUND, cause in the current scenario, that forces people to go cheap and is both bad for the ppl doing the content and for the gankers, who don't get proper items and also don't get the fame.

1- Rework on the Random Architecture of the Roads.

Change: What I mean by this is to use a semi-random portal other than a completely random one. So with this I would limit the overworld portal conections to zones with the same level, meaning T4 blue zones would lead to T4 road Carrefour, T6 to T6, etc.
      Not only that but I would also change on how to access other zones aswell, the logic being Carrefours would be conected to the Overworld and to Corridors, Corridors would be conected to same level Roads Zones and -1/0+1 other Corridors and sometimes to Sanctuary and Rests, meaning a T5 Corridor would be conected to T5 Correfours, T4/T5/T6 corridors and in rare ocasions T5 Rests/Sancturies.

Reason: This would make it easier to use the roads without having a tool to help you control the conection maps, not only that but also making it easier to find the maps you actually want to go.

Possible problems: Roads can get clustered with this since you would have better access to them.

2- Rework on resources (gathering part):
      2.1- Resource Tiers:

Change: With this I would limit the resources available based on map tier, exactly how overworld looks like but with more resources of the map tier. Meaning:
      T4 maps would have 80% T4 resources, 15% T3 and 5% T5.
      T6 maps would have 80% T6 resources, 15% T5 and 5% T7.

Reason: As it is, the resources are way too random, you go to a T5 map to only find T4 and T7 resources, don't even make sense, this makes harder to gather proficiently as a low level gatherer while making way better for high level ones.
      _____
      2.2 - Resource amount and/or quality:

Change: Enhance either the resources from mobs or the quality from them, or do a mix of increasing the amount for the fixed ones (the ones that are on the node-sites) and increase the quality of the ones from mobs, something like:
      Increase from nodes(the replenish time should be increased aswell):
      T4 amount = 20. Big node = 60.
      T5 amount = 15. Big node = 40.
      T6 amount = 10. Big node = 24.
      T7 amount = 6. Big node = 12.
      T8 amount = 4. Big node = 8.

Increase quality from mobs (other than aspects):
      Chance:
      Purple = 10%
      Blue = 30%
      Green = 60%

Aspects and Mini-aspects:
      Be more present on the nodes-sites and only from that specific node-site, meaning no more going into a Wood site and finding a stone mini-aspect that there isn't even stone on the map.

Reason: I like the fact that there are lots of mobs making it harder to travel and most mobs are resource ones, but the amount they give for the risk they pose isn't worth at all IMO. People are constantly roaming around and looking to gank gatherers/ppl on chests, if you have to dismout, wait for cooldowns, kill mobs just to get a few non-enchanted mats, isn't really worth, is too much time invested and too risky for the meaningless reward. Also the nodes are easy spots to gank others, since its shown on map and usually have lots of access. With this I feel that it will be more worth to gather non T7-T8 resources on the Roads of Avalon.

3 - PVE

3.1 - Random mobs and rewards.
      Change: This one is quite simple, make mobs share the Tier of the map, give a little boost to their fame and remove green chests.

Reason: Although you get quite a fame from the mobs, isn't really worth the risk to fame farm there, they are too tanky, you lose too much time and if you don't have a ganking party roaming around the map it feels impossible to fame farm, and this isn't really the point for the Roads, it is supposed to be a solo/small party thing. Also green chests are just a complete waste of time and they are the most prevalent ones, blues, purple and yellow are in a quite good spot so I feel that just by removing the green rarity on the roads you can get a major look to the content. (and I don't mean removing the green spots, just the green rarity, because if you buff it and the other ones I feel that it would be too good).

____

3.2 - Static dungeons.
      Change: Greatly increase the amount of static dungeons (solo, group and avalonian ones), Add Hellgates spots and Corrupted Dungeon aswell.

Reason: There are too few dungeons IMO, they are hotspots that are always either close or they have ppl inside there, making dungeon dive that should have moved to Corrupted Dungeons way too present, not only that but since they are static they are shown on map, so everytime you get dove is by 4 or 5 ppl. And if you increase the quantity you also enables more ppl to go there and do content, while also increasing the chance of PVPers to do their work.
      Hellgates and CDs fixed spots is of course to help with that aswell.

Edit: 09/12/21 - Removed the "safety" from Statics since was causing sucha ruckus.

The post was edited 2 times, last by hFly ().

• 3.2 - Static dungeons.
      Change: Increase the amount of static dungeons (solo, group and avalonian ones), make a lever on the first few rooms and protect it with a boss, if you kill the boss and pull the lever you close the entrance. Add Hellgates spots and Corrupted Dungeon aswell.

Reason: There are too few dungeons IMO, they are hotspots that are always either close or they have ppl inside there, making dungeon dive that should have moved to Corrupted Dungeons way too present, not only that but since they are static they are shown on map, so everytime you get dove is by 4 or 5 ppl. By adding a lever to close it you still have the issue of getting dove but after that you can freely PVE inside. And if you increase the quantity you also enables more ppl to go there and do content, while also increasing the chance of PVPers to do their work.
      Hellgates and CDs fixed spots is of course to help with that aswell.

i dont get it.... the next dungeons that should become hello kitty online?
      did not we learn that closing dungeons and nerfing them by 300% isnt something that ppl enjoy?
    • @CallMeGosu
      The roads is content for solo/small group so you can't control a zone too easily, this is no SRD friend, we are talking about static dungeons inside the roads. They are shown on map, there are too few and I NEVER got dove by less than 3 ppl.
      Im trying to suggest something that is balanced for both sides, for that we have a few options for that:

1- mechanic like srd
      I think this is bullshit for the same reason as you, its too safe. That would only work if when you enter a dungeon the game sends a ping to everyone in the zone showing that you entered and you can't leave the dungeon for a set amout of time.

2- dungeon closing if another player enter.
      This is even worse, ppl would just use alts or friends to make it safe and then easy money.

3- the one i said
      By making you need to delve into the dungeon and kill the bosses you still have a risk to be invaded by n+2 players but that risk goes down as time passes, not up, this is the most balanced solution imo.
    • I think the avalonian roads are amazing, but it's not really worth the risk vs reward for a solo player, in my opinion, after opening some T8 chests and not profiting even 1M I gave up, the exaggerated rng ends up getting a little discouraged from venturing into all the contents.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Dereguejohne ().

• Riptide36 wrote:

These "bad" haters are gankers who just dont want their money making to be tampered with, I personally agree with most of this, good thread :)
      Actually no, cause if they think a little about it they would profit more and would be easier to gank on the Roads after the ppl finish their content.
      These ppl are just haters who refuses to think a little about anything. "Bad" in their language means "I can't think and form an argument, ugabuga"
    • hFly wrote:

0- Flagging

-> Will not work, stupid system and abusable if you go in partys cause you can flag without danger for pve. And giving more advantages to gankers its just non-sense.

1- Rework on the Random Architecture of the Roads.

[b]I mean, they are ok, the idea of roads is the random constant. I would erase t4 if there is a "Idea of rework"[/b]

2- Rework on resources (gathering part):
      2.1- Resource Tiers:

"As it is, the resources are way too random"

Then gather on t6 maps in black zone?
      _____
      2.2 - Resource amount and/or quality:

Learn how to skip, and what to do and what to avoid. You can check Gatherer Roundtable member comments on forum, he sometimes explain good shits

3 - PVE

3.1 - Random mobs and rewards.

The tier has a system tho, isn't random.
      common ones are t6, its rare to get somes t8, but if you do loot will be pretty ok
      ____

3.2 - Static dungeons.

Adding more random casual save pve? Really? You think we need more pve?

"Add Hellgates spots and Corrupted Dungeon aswell."
      CDS exist on roads, without sense tho. HG have maps...

• hFly wrote:

Riptide36 wrote:

These "bad" haters are gankers who just dont want their money making to be tampered with, I personally agree with most of this, good thread :)
      Actually no, cause if they think a little about it they would profit more and would be easier to gank on the Roads after the ppl finish their content.These ppl are just haters who refuses to think a little about anything. "Bad" in their language means "I can't think and form an argument, ugabuga"
      LOL
    • "These "bad" haters are gankers who just dont want their money making to be tampered with, I personally agree with most of this, good thread"

dunno how long it takes until the last gatherer/pve player understood that this risk makes theyr margin....
      but yeah, render your favorit content useless by making it saver in a sandbox just to complain later...
    • CallMeGosu wrote:

"These "bad" haters are gankers who just dont want their money making to be tampered with, I personally agree with most of this, good thread"

dunno how long it takes until the last gatherer/pve player understood that this risk makes theyr margin....
      but yeah, render your favorit content useless by making it saver in a sandbox just to complain later...
      again, never said to be safer just different.
      The only thing that would be "safer" would be what I said about the static dungeons closing after killing the first boss, but that is only added because with arquitecture changing and more dungeons the idea is that the content would get more ppl to do it, and since is a STATIC, to counter the abuse of diving a little safety is important to maintain balance.
      I agree a lot with you, there needs to be addressed the safety from srds, tbh ithink srds need to be removed from the gamr and reworked in this next patch, cause they dont really fit in the current game.
      But I feel that you aren't paying attention to my logic behind what I suggested.