People have to be punished for breaking crystals in CDs

• hFly wrote:

Stop trying to force your ideology to a content that is supposed to be a mix o both pve and pvp
      One more time special for the one who cant read: We don't care about people who came to CDs only for pve and didnt activate the shrine. If they got invaded im okay that they go break crystals without any punishment. Cuz you right its half half and also its best fame and probably loot for now. But if player activated that shrine, he agreed for pvp. He can win, he can lose or he can escape from battle. And that escape should be punished, because its almost the same as a lose. Lets dont forget that his opponent wasted time and got zero reward for fight.

hFly wrote:

If you want pvp just go to the Red/Black Zone and kill some dudes, or do Arenas, or go Hellgates, or go Crystal league.
      Yeah when I kill people in open world they say the same - go arena, go corrupteds. You are not original here. Classic phrase when there are no arguments
      Best killboard for your Discord:
      killboard-1.com/
      discord.gg/Mqf3KyjZSS

The post was edited 1 time, last by becauseahaha ().

• In a pendulum swinging-meta where heavily one-sided matchups exist you want to punish people for attempting pvp?
      Escape - loose infamy, Fight - loose infamy and set due to bad matchup. You realise shards exist not only for pve farmers but also to evade bad matchups exactly due to balancing issues for 1v1 content, for which the game's foundation was never built?

I place my bets:
      1. Either CRD's will become a cultivating ground for ultra-sustain or "stand your ground" type builds to annoy the opponent into breaking shards.
      2. OR people will just stop using the shrine alltogether because the threat of RNG'ing your infamy into the trashbin is not worth the rewards.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • @becauseahaha
      I used countless good arguments and ppl refuse to accept them and sent back "if you wanna pve just do srd,cd are for pvp only"
      That was an answer for them. You can check my other posts in this thread.

And there is punishment for those who agree to shrine, they lose more infamy when they die, not enough?
    • CallMeGosu wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

becauseahaha wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

Always punish someone when he doesn't want to do what you want, exactly. I do same thing.
      There is normal solo dungeons for those who dont want to fight. CD is a pvp area and the punishment is for evading pvp
      And when you enter CD you declare if you want PVP or not, by using shrine. Crystals are for those who don't.
      u declare if you wanna invade or not.u declare that u want pvp by entering the cd XD
      Are you an idiot ? What is invade for if entering CD is declaring PVP?
    • hFly wrote:

And there is punishment for those who agree to shrine, they lose more infamy when they die, not enough?
      They lose the same as if they didnt activate the shrine.

Okay, this problem can be solved by another way

Reward the one whose opponent broke crystals

In this way all skippers would be happy, all players who cant beat healers and others meta builds would be happy, all who dont wanna fight against pre-stack on crystals builds would be happy, because they wont lose anything if they avoid fight.

And the most important is the one who tried to fight till the end will be rewarder for wasted time, wasted food, pots, overcharge, etc.
      Best killboard for your Discord:
      killboard-1.com/
      discord.gg/Mqf3KyjZSS
    • Unangwata wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

becauseahaha wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

Always punish someone when he doesn't want to do what you want, exactly. I do same thing.
      There is normal solo dungeons for those who dont want to fight. CD is a pvp area and the punishment is for evading pvp
      And when you enter CD you declare if you want PVP or not, by using shrine. Crystals are for those who don't.
      u declare if you wanna invade or not.u declare that u want pvp by entering the cd XD
      seems more like you are an idiot and your toxic all day.
      maybe try to finaly get a brain before you spread your toxicity every second post.
      most players enter cd for pvp. the result is that even if you dont activate the shrine your chances of getting a fight are VERY high.
      i would like to see a single intelligent post of you.... it would make me so happy....
    • I just want to throw out one potential downside if you make a punishment for breaking crystals to harsh would be players who troll a CD by running full mobility builds with no intention to fight.

Imagine being invaded and then your enemy just runs around the map refusing to engage you and thus forcing you to break the crystals to just end the event or using the /suicide.

I don't see this as being a common thing but you will be surprised at what bored people will do for entertainment.
    • DoomRawrus wrote:

I just want to throw out one potential downside if you make a punishment for breaking crystals to harsh would be players who troll a CD by running full mobility builds with no intention to fight.

Imagine being invaded and then your enemy just runs around the map refusing to engage you and thus forcing you to break the crystals to just end the event or using the /suicide.

I don't see this as being a common thing but you will be surprised at what bored people will do for entertainment.
      And that's where the friendly "batmans" come in, to prevent people from running forever... :thumbup:

• Corruption Debuff:
        • Reduces Max Health by 1% per stack
        • On 6 or more stacks it additionally slows by 1% per stack
        • Max Stacks: 25
        • Duration: The entire Invasion
    • Or, you know, instead of punishing people who skip in CD we can just try to solve the root of the problem: make fame/silver gains less in cd than in open world.

Some bright-mind in SBI decided that instanced content in the open world oriented game should be the most rewarding activity for solo players, and thats the problem imho. I personally got like 140k infame in the first second week knowing literally nothing about the game, and dropped cds after, since i was playing with a friend. Months after i tried ratting in cd and boy, it is HUGE money and fame. And the most idiotic part is that its safer than solo dungeons somehow, more fun, and you can do it time after time, no need to look for another. Just turn on some series or audiobook and go on, ez money and fame. No wonder open world is empty, at least you dont have to run from local police in t8 zones, since you can access CD literally step away from Caerleon.

So, just tone down fame and loot in cds, make pve component less prevalent, make good loot only for a winner, let him have this final chest, and loot from the victim. And boom! No more point to skip cd now, only people ready to fight left. Crystals are left to avoid counters only. After or before that buff solo dungeons, and open world stuff, let people skip in the open world lol.

Every other change isn’t gonna help much. Since right now if you are solo and not doing cds you losing a shit ton of fame and money, and delay your progression. And this is not a good situation for an open world game.
    • CallMeGosu wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

becauseahaha wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

seems more like you are an idiot and your toxic all day.maybe try to finaly get a brain before you spread your toxicity every second post.
      most players enter cd for pvp. the result is that even if you dont activate the shrine your chances of getting a fight are VERY high.
      i would like to see a single intelligent post of you.... it would make me so happy....
      Explain purpose of the shrine if CD is PVP only and people don't enter to do PVE.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Unangwata ().

• becauseahaha wrote:

I understand that someone dont want to fight and save his gear, cuz he cant beat opponent. But some people even not trying to fight. There should be at least some punishment if your opponent breaks crystals. Like losing infamy, for example, or something.

I've said it before, the person that destroys the majority of crystals should be forcefully evicted from the corrupted.

You smash them to be safe, well, outside is safe.

Reef wrote:

And what about prestack masturbators? how they should be punished in that way? I dont want to take fight in losing conditions
      Make a thread about it then? Why do you bring up something completely irrelevant in a thread about crystal smashing?

hFly wrote:

hFly wrote:

You guys will start to tantrum that "LoL this cd matchmaking is so bad, 2h and no invasions, lol, sbi noob, game is dead".

Try to THINK alittle please
      ;)
      No we won't, before when there was a way to by-pass the shrine until later in the corrupted to force-fight with another shrine clicker, you got pretty much insta invaded when you activated shrine, there are plenty of pvp players out there, just plenty of assholes that wants to smash crystal's all day too.
    • Shards are a necessary evil with the current CD design. They would have to overhaul most of the map and invasion mechanics to also validate removing shards. Like mentioned above to many idiot builds just sit on mobs with unlimited CC, prestack swords, and builds that go nutty with guardian boots, cleric robe, cleric cowl, res pot.

Better and easy temporary option would be to simply allow players to click the invasion shrine again as much as they want following an invasion ending. Never understood why they are so against allowing MORE PvP to happen.